FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Knitting needles on aeroplanes .

Knitting needles on aeroplanes .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *at69drive OP   Man  over a year ago

Hertford

I was surprised to learn that you are allowed to use small knitting needles on an aeroplane .

On a recent flight the passenger beside me was knitting and as I do not consider it safe to use needles on a plane ,I asked her to stop. Initially she refused and the air hostess also said that it was permissible to use needles to knit on a plane . The lady did not knit for the rest of the flight after I asked her to stop.

I did some further research on the internet and it is apparent that you are allowed to use knitting needles on planes .

It seems ridiculous that people are allowed to use needles during a flight .

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why would your eyes be poked out? Did the lady have poor motor skills?

What about those sticks you get in your G&T on BA flights, they could be a hazard, too.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

well you're a bundle of joy aint ya..

Northampton

"What about those sticks you get in your G&T on BA flights, they could be a hazard, too. "

Its the nuts on planes you wanna be careful of!!

Get a grip.

Worried about eye being poked out, least of worries.  Stab staff and take over plane, fly it into London, Belfast, Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Kings Lynn or Cap d Agde.  Worry about that.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Why don't you think it's safe?

You wanted her to stop? Wow!

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

You do realise that nitting "needles" are needles, in the same way that an onboard plastic "knife" is a knife?

Unless she was practising ninja knitting, or your pilot was doing stunts, I doubt they would have posed a significant risk. Untethered luggage is more of a risk.

If the FAA deems them (relatively) safe, I doubt you need worry about a plot of (knitted) scarf wearing assassins taking over the aircraft.

"Why don't you think it's safe? "

I'm going to have a stab in the dark here (pun intended) you can do some serious damage with a knitting needle, even the loop ones that are connected by a flexible bit in the middle, they should be banned, even if it's a sweet little old lady, they could be taken from her and used for hijacking, after all wasn't the planes that hit the twin towers taken over with knives?

Hertford

"Why would your eyes be poked out? Did the lady have poor motor skills?"
. What about if an aircraft hits turbulence or jolts suddenly . I am always extremely careful with sharp objects such as knives .

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Why don't you think it's safe? "

She might have been knitting an Uzi. Knit one, purl one, shoot one.

Hertford

"You do realise that nitting "needles" are needles, in the same way that an onboard plastic "knife" is a knife?

Unless she was practising ninja knitting, or your pilot was doing stunts, I doubt they would have posed a significant risk. Untethered luggage is more of a risk.

If the FAA deems them (relatively) safe, I doubt you need worry about a plot of (knitted) scarf wearing assassins taking over the aircraft. "

.However plastic knives are rounded , not really sharp and will bounce off you as opposed to poking you in the eye .

"Why don't you think it's safe?

I'm going to have a stab in the dark here (pun intended) you can do some serious damage with a knitting needle, even the loop ones that are connected by a flexible bit in the middle, they should be banned, even if it's a sweet little old lady, they could be taken from her and used for hijacking, after all wasn't the planes that hit the twin towers taken over with knives?"

But then you'd have to ban all pointy things, like pens. I'm not having my Mont Blanc confiscated for only wanting to use hand luggage. It's silly.

One of my worst fears when travelling : being sat next to a prick

Northampton

She might have been knitting an Uzi. Knit one, purl one, shoot one. "

Hertford

"You wanted her to stop? Wow!

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking"

. I did not necessary expect people to agree by was shocked that they were allowed on a plane . In the past I had a drill bit which is far less sharp removed from my hand luggage .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"You do realise that nitting "needles" are needles, in the same way that an onboard plastic "knife" is a knife?

If the FAA deems them (relatively) safe, I doubt you need worry about a plot of (knitted) scarf wearing assassins taking over the aircraft. .However plastic knives are rounded , not really sharp and will bounce off you as opposed to poking you in the eye . "

why would they poke you in the eye, I'm sure if you hit bad turbulence she would of put them down, I'd worry about more important things

"Why would your eyes be poked out? Did the lady have poor motor skills?. What about if an aircraft hits turbulence or jolts suddenly . I am always extremely careful with sharp objects such as knives ."

I've never heard of someone losing an eye in turbulence as a result of someone knitting. Absurd phobia.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Op one can just as easily be poked in the eye in turbulence with a finger or an elbow..

i think you over reacted for whatever reason..

to you goes the 2015 bah humbug grumpy old git award..

"Why would your eyes be poked out? Did the lady have poor motor skills?. What about if an aircraft hits turbulence or jolts suddenly . I am always extremely careful with sharp objects such as knives ."

You worry THAT much about stuff?

It's fine, honestly, humankind made it this far against the ravages of nature and time without health and safety, let's not give it too high a priority, I doubt a lady with a knitting needle in a bouncy plane is going to be your undoing or anyone elses

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking. I did not necessary expect people to agree by was shocked that they were allowed on a plane . In the past I had a drill bit which is far less sharp removed from my hand luggage ."

Probably the length and material contributed to the confiscation. You should've checked it.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I once had to throw my Eric Bristow darts away before getting through security. I'm surprised that knitting needles are permitted.

in Lancashire

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking. I did not necessary expect people to agree by was shocked that they were allowed on a plane . In the past I had a drill bit which is far less sharp removed from my hand luggage ."

new years resolution to make oneself of the regs before one flies..

why would you have a drill bit in your hand luggage, on your person..?

Service animals may bite your face off too, OP.

Perhaps request any of them to be removed from your flights in the future too.

Fuck it we're down the rabbit hole, why did you have a drill but in your hand luggage

Hertford

"Op one can just as easily be poked in the eye in turbulence with a finger or an elbow..

to you goes the 2015 bah humbug grumpy old git award.."

. However being poked in the eye by a finger or elbow is unlikely to be much damage as they are rounded and smooth.

A needle is a sharp object which someone is constantly moving up and down. I definitely do not want to sit beside anyone using a knitting needle .

That's it people!

Healthy and safety police!

Ban all pointy things!!!

No pens,pencils, bony elbows, long fingernails, big hardons.

Errrrm. ..oh forks,they have pointy bits!

Oh and knobbly knees, they are definitely a stab risk!!

Hertford

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking. I did not necessary expect people to agree by was shocked that they were allowed on a plane . In the past I had a drill bit which is far less sharp removed from my hand luggage .

Fuck it we're down the rabbit hole, why did you have a drill but in your hand luggage "

. I had purchased it in Belfast and was taking it back to London

Just watched the Dambusters good job they didn't worry too much about health and safety.

I can't believe the knitting lady entertained you and stopped. Or that you wasted their cabin crew's time. There's so many other sharper items on board a plane.

in Lancashire

"Op one can just as easily be poked in the eye in turbulence with a finger or an elbow..

to you goes the 2015 bah humbug grumpy old git award... However being poked in the eye by a finger or elbow is unlikely to be much damage as they are rounded and smooth.

A needle is a sharp object which someone is constantly moving up and down. I definitely do not want to sit beside anyone using a knitting needle ."

the pointy bit points down at an angle of err whatever degree required and the other end has the little size thingies which are not pointed..

unless the turbulence was of such an extreme that the said knitter was static as in strapped in and you were propelled up and landed at the exact angle required which given that the needles are held at about 45 degrees its not going to happen..

your more likely to choke on your in flight drink in umbrage and sever harrumphing when told by the attendants that its ok for the person to knit..

Next time, travel first class. Looks like you can afford to.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Pmsl!!

Hertford

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

Oh and knobbly knees, they are definitely a stab risk!! "

. All the items to which you refer are less of a risk as they are rounded to a certain extent and you would have to make a serious effort to do any damage .

Knitting needles are by definition sharp objects and anyone using a needle will be constantly moving it up and down..

Despite the various comments made I still think it is totally unacceptable to use needles on a flight when there could be sharp movement or turbulence .

No harm in being safety conscious

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Am I in a time warp?

I thought it was Christmas, not April 1st.....

God forbid any man on board having a Needle dick. Bet you'd wanna get out of the plane sharpish.

I'll get my coat.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I think it has something to do with calming people down, as they are concentrating on the knitting and not that they are scared of flying.

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

Oh and knobbly knees, they are definitely a stab risk!! . All the items to which you refer are less of a risk as they are rounded to a certain extent and you would have to make a serious effort to do any damage .

Knitting needles are by definition sharp objects and anyone using a needle will be constantly moving it up and down..

Despite the various comments made I still think it is totally unacceptable to use needles on a flight when there could be sharp movement or turbulence .

No harm in being safety conscious "

Ball point pens have a sharper point than knitting needles.

Even more wow is that you posted this and probably expected people to agree you were right in asking. I did not necessary expect people to agree by was shocked that they were allowed on a plane . In the past I had a drill bit which is far less sharp removed from my hand luggage .

Fuck it we're down the rabbit hole, why did you have a drill but in your hand luggage . I had purchased it in Belfast and was taking it back to London "

And that is as good an explanation as any, I was thinking all sorts, that it was your favourite drill bit and you were taking it in holiday that kind of thing, ok, as you were

Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

All of these things are available from the shops post-security check.

They are far more deadly than a knitting needle.

"Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

They are far more deadly than a knitting needle. "

You can also buy knives airside in a lot of airports. Swiss Army knives are pretty common in duty free.

I was on the bus today and someone left their bag sticking a little into the isle, I crossed a road NOT at a crossing point while there were cars about, when I washed up I left a sharp knife in the bubbly water so I couldn't see it, and I ate a piece of ham a day after date just because it smelled ok, oh, and I smoked an un filtered roll up.

O.p, you would have hated my day! It's been littered with unsafe situations like the one of which you speak

Hertford

"Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

. How can they be . Needles can be accidentally poked into you if there is turbulence . Most people will keep the items to which you refer inside their hand luggage and as such pose no danger

Hertford

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

Oh and knobbly knees, they are definitely a stab risk!! . All the items to which you refer are less of a risk as they are rounded to a certain extent and you would have to make a serious effort to do any damage .

Ball point pens have a sharper point than knitting needles. "

. I agree but people are not constantly moving pens up and down or poking them into things .

"Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

They are far more deadly than a knitting needle. . How can they be . Needles can be accidentally poked into you if there is turbulence . Most people will keep the items to which you refer inside their hand luggage and as such pose no danger "

Knitting needles aren't sharp enough to stab someone in the body during a light knock (turbulence isn't THAT bad). To get one in your eye is unlikely.

Also, I can't find any incidents of knitting needle stabbings mid flight.

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

Ball point pens have a sharper point than knitting needles. . I agree but people are not constantly moving pens up and down or poking them into things . "

Yeh they are, loads of people do crosswords - the pen isn't in constant contact with the paper, it moves and they lift it up to rest or think. I'd even bet more passengers do crosswords or puzzles than knit on board.

"Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

McGyver could make a bomb using those bits

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

to you goes the 2015 bah humbug grumpy old git award.."

Let me guess... You're a Health and Safety Inspector!

You can bring a lighter on board as well. That's a greater threat than a piece of plastic, surely.

"Thermos Flask

Lithium Batteries

Condoms

Evian

Sellotape

They are far more deadly than a knitting needle.

McGyver could make a bomb using those bits "

Ding Ding - We Have a winner.

in Lancashire

Let me guess... You're a Health and Safety Inspector!"

nope..

not even close..

though before i was retired i used to carry out dynamic risk assessments for incidents whereby there was an actual real danger but never attended anything remotely like a turbulence or otherwise caused knitting needle injury..

then again that would have been the LAS..

Actually, you should've asked to move seats if you felt uncomfortable. They're deemed to be low risk items and it was your own concern.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

nope..

not even close..

though before i was retired i used to carry out dynamic risk assessments for incidents whereby there was an actual real danger but never attended anything remotely like a turbulence or otherwise caused knitting needle injury..

then again that would have been the LAS.. "

Oooops, sorry, didn't mean you were.

I meant the OP was in 'elf and safety!

Hertford

nope..

not even close..

then again that would have been the LAS.. Oooops, sorry, didn't mean you were.

I meant the OP was in 'elf and safety!"

. I am not a health and safety inspector but see no harm in being safety conscious . You only get one set of eyes and as such there is no point in taking unnecessary risks .

In any event most health and safety regulations are there for good reasons .

Knitting needles. Tsk, task. Dreadful. Those cardies are terribly worrying. Agh. Was she knitting a death mask? Or mittens?

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Wow!

My Mum is a knitter... I can't wait to tell her she is allowed to knit on a plane.

I think if I were that lady I'd have taken pleasure in poking you with my resting needles the whole flight!

By *etes-dragonCouple  over a year ago

Wales and the South West

Iv (nearly) heard the lot now! Extreme!!

Seasonal Salutations or bah humbug! lol

D

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

must have somethin better to do on crimbo eve

Watch out for those pesky kids and their colouring books!

Those wax crayons might as well be. Shuriken during a bit of turbulence.

Sorry but this is ridiculous that you asked her to stop, I'd of given you a pair of sunglasses for safety and told you to stop whinging.

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

A lot of damage can be done with finger nails! Far more than small knitting needles. There is being safety conscious, and then there is being daft!

nope..

not even close..

I meant the OP was in 'elf and safety!. I am not a health and safety inspector but see no harm in being safety conscious . You only get one set of eyes and as such there is no point in taking unnecessary risks .

In any event most health and safety regulations are there for good reasons . "

How on earth do you connect the dots between an old lady knitting and Un necessary risk?!

Yes you only get 1 set of eyes, but there are a hundred things of the same 'risk level' as being poked with a small knitting needle in turbulence.

Omg is this post for real????

If so the OP seriously needs to get a grip!.

If it had of been me I would have told you to fuck right off telling me how I should or shouldn't keep myself occupied on a flight. What right do you have telling her to stop??.

I wouldn't go out over the next few days the weather is going to be rough and u never know a tree branch may fall and hit you!!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Can I just point out (lol) that knitting needles are not sharp, they're rounded.

Seasonal felicitations.

Where does it end, any instrument has the potential to be used as a weapon, if you try and ban needles pens can't be far behind

Oh dear god

Hertford

"Omg is this post for real????

If it had of been me I would have told you to fuck right off telling me how I should or shouldn't keep myself occupied on a flight. What right do you have telling her to stop??.

I wouldn't go out over the next few days the weather is going to be rough and u never know a tree branch may fall and hit you!!!!"

. Probably every right and I make no apologies for asking someone not to use needles while sitting beside me . These needles are sharp pointed objects and I can see no possible justification for using them on a plane .

The risks associated with weather so not bother me as they can be mitigated . Needles however as sharp pointed objects are an entirely different issue .

Edinburgh

You're at the wind up aren't you?

Please tell me you are?

I wouldn't go out over the next few days the weather is going to be rough and u never know a tree branch may fall and hit you!!!!. Probably every right and I make no apologies for asking someone not to use needles while sitting beside me . These needles are sharp pointed objects and I can see no possible justification for using them on a plane .

The risks associated with weather so not bother me as they can be mitigated . Needles however as sharp pointed objects are an entirely different issue . "

Knitting needles are blunt not sharpe!

So I carry a pretty big needle with me wherever i go, would that mean you wouldn't want me to sit next to you on a plane? Even if it could save my life?.

Having just had a browse on the net not 1 person has ever died due to a stray knitting needle whilst being used on a flight.

So maybe your being a little melodramatic

This has to be the funniest thread of the year!

Two people argued over the slight differences in movement between a knitting needle and a pen on board an aircraft and the 'danger' both may pose in turbulence! I can't quite work out if it's serious or not.

I hope it's not :/

Hertford

I wouldn't go out over the next few days the weather is going to be rough and u never know a tree branch may fall and hit you!!!!. Probably every right and I make no apologies for asking someone not to use needles while sitting beside me . These needles are sharp pointed objects and I can see no possible justification for using them on a plane .

The risks associated with weather so not bother me as they can be mitigated . Needles however as sharp pointed objects are an entirely different issue .

So I carry a pretty big needle with me wherever i go, would that mean you wouldn't want me to sit next to you on a plane? Even if it could save my life?.

Having just had a browse on the net not 1 person has ever died due to a stray knitting needle whilst being used on a flight.

So maybe your being a little melodramatic "

. I have no objection to anyone carrying needles for medical reasons as this does not pose any real risk.. The use of needles for medical reasons would be under supervision and for a short period .

Some knitting who is constantly moving a needle on a plane is creating an unnecessary risk which can be avoided .

So maybe your being a little melodramatic . I have no objection to anyone carrying needles for medical reasons as this does not pose any real risk.. The use of needles for medical reasons would be under supervision and for a short period .

Some knitting who is constantly moving a needle on a plane is creating an unnecessary risk which can be avoided . "

Are you for real?

A needle containing adrenalin or insulin would pose a MUCH greater risk if it was given to a person who didn't need it, it could be catastrophic. And as for your comment it would be undersupervision I think you have that wrong no one has or needs to supervise me or another person that carries one.

So infact of a person was to use one on board a flight and hit turbulence just as they were injecting and it say hit you it would cause more damage than a knitting needle.

On that note I bid you good luck with further flights and pray I never sit next to you, I wouldn't mind sitting behind you though as I would be like a naughty child kicking your chair all the flight hahahahah.

Let's hope the lady in question is now enjoying her Xmas break and laughing about the whole situation which you caused.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The risks associated with weather so not bother me as they can be mitigated . Needles however as sharp pointed objects are an entirely different issue . "

Knitting needles aren't sharp, they're blunt, round ended objects. It wouldn't be sensible to try and knit with sharp needles. It is possible that if aimed directly at your eye and propelled with some force they would damage it but it's also highly unlikely that the act of knitting would pose any such danger to a casual observer.

I was severely damaged as a child by the results of knitting, some of the cardigans my mum made me were shocking

So maybe your being a little melodramatic . I have no objection to anyone carrying needles for medical reasons as this does not pose any real risk.. The use of needles for medical reasons would be under supervision and for a short period .

Some knitting who is constantly moving a needle on a plane is creating an unnecessary risk which can be avoided . "

Constantly moving?

Have you seen knitting?

It's hardly thrashing them about like a set of drum sticks is it?

It's about a gentle a hobby as I could imagine!

Your either the greyest person ever to be worried by the ferocity of a good knit, or a comic genius

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I was surprised to learn that long pointy thick needles are allowed through security and on to the airplane.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

nope..

not even close..

I meant the OP was in 'elf and safety!. I am not a health and safety inspector but see no harm in being safety conscious . You only get one set of eyes and as such there is no point in taking unnecessary risks .

In any event most health and safety regulations are there for good reasons . "

You just summed it up nicely yourself, 'most health and safety regulations are there for good reasons', there isn't a regulation about using knitting needles so it isn't deemed a risk.

My hair used to be quite long, would you have refused to sit by me in case the turbulence made my hair wind itself around your neck and strangle you? That's how ridiculous you sound here, people like you are the reason that health and safety got stupidly strict, its time for you to chill out love or its a heart attack that will finish you off, not a rogue knitting needle wielded by the demon granny!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I was surprised to learn that long pointy thick needles are allowed through security and on to the airplane.

"

Yeah, me too!!

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

They are not sharp. There is justification for using them as the knitter was knitting something which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do and the use of such a knitted object will bring a positive benefit to whoever is given it.

Your rather risible attitude which is borne of a lack of knowledge and understanding of the facts of the situation and is based on groundless fear rather than reason and sense. It is your attitude which needs amendment.

Health and safety laws are there to enable people to carry out tasks by giving them or their supervisory authorities the tools to assess and manage the risks of any hazards coming to pass. When this is done with objective and competent knowledge of the laws and the facts of a situation then very few things need be prohibited.

When, however, regulations are interpreted by incompetent or lazy people then they are unable to use the methods to manage risks and go for the idiotic and impotent reaction of banning things to save them figuring out how to deal with something.

Knitting needles... repeat that a few times and see if it starts to sound a little more ridiculous to be scared of them.

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

if a passenger plane hits the ground at 0.9 mach those needles could go anywhere. its no laughing matter!!

Hertford

nope..

not even close..

You just summed it up nicely yourself, 'most health and safety regulations are there for good reasons', there isn't a regulation about using knitting needles so it isn't deemed a risk.

My hair used to be quite long, would you have refused to sit by me in case the turbulence made my hair wind itself around your neck and strangle you? That's how ridiculous you sound here, people like you are the reason that health and safety got stupidly strict, its time for you to chill out love or its a heart attack that will finish you off, not a rogue knitting needle wielded by the demon granny!"

. Why would anyone be bothered about someone's hair ?. It is very different to a sharp object such as a needle . As far as I am aware airport security staff have never considered long hair to be a risk but do have the powers to confiscate needles .

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

nope..

not even close..

My hair used to be quite long, would you have refused to sit by me in case the turbulence made my hair wind itself around your neck and strangle you? That's how ridiculous you sound here, people like you are the reason that health and safety got stupidly strict, its time for you to chill out love or its a heart attack that will finish you off, not a rogue knitting needle wielded by the demon granny!. Why would anyone be bothered about someone's hair ?. It is very different to a sharp object such as a needle . As far as I am aware airport security staff have never considered long hair to be a risk but do have the powers to confiscate needles . "

That's my point, they wouldn't be bothered about hair and they aren't bothered about knitting needles, that kinda speaks for itself.

You are sat in an aluminium tube, travelling at 500mph with 4000 gallons of high explosive liquid in the bits that stop you falling out of the sky, and you are at 10,000 feet in the air where breathing is not possible for most humans... and what worries you is a rounded end piece of plastic!

Think you may be under thinking this situation OP

"Get a grip."

Excellent knitting tip.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

nope..

not even close..

My hair used to be quite long, would you have refused to sit by me in case the turbulence made my hair wind itself around your neck and strangle you? That's how ridiculous you sound here, people like you are the reason that health and safety got stupidly strict, its time for you to chill out love or its a heart attack that will finish you off, not a rogue knitting needle wielded by the demon granny!. Why would anyone be bothered about someone's hair ?. It is very different to a sharp object such as a needle . As far as I am aware airport security staff have never considered long hair to be a risk but do have the powers to confiscate needles . "

Hello . Have you noticed any of the posts explaining that knitting needles aren't sharp. I knit, I own many pairs of knitting needles and they aren't sharp. Sharp needles would make knitting difficult and dangerous.

Edinburgh

This may be one of my favourite threads ever!

Just when you think you've heard it all...

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Worse still,she could have knit you an arran kardigan.

Phew!!Close call.

"This may be one of my favourite threads ever!

Just when you think you've heard it all..."

I hope this thread doesn't max out.

Definitely worth a bump in 6 months time

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's not the needles, it's what they may end up knitting that's the concern.

Op - I'm really unsure what danger to yourself you could have reasonably have expected - until you complained. Afterwards you could have expected one eye on each needle, I guess.

Could you take and use a knitting machine on board a plane? Just not be allowed to use it during take off and always make sure it's in airplane mode. I love this thread...Merry Christmas everyone .

Oh and I've heard at security now they trim your finger nails in case they're too sharp

"Get a grip.

Excellent knitting tip. "

Your mum thought me that one

By *gentNoSpringChickenWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Somebody told me that you can't take eyelash curlers on board a plane and they are not even sharp. only thing dangerous is they could give your finger a tiny nip! Couldnt hijack with one!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

They let me take my knitting on a circular needle that surprises me too as it could be used to garrot someone.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Hmmm the dangers of knitting needles:

Do you think there might be some sort of pattern?

Ka-boom-tish......

( I'll get me coat....)

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

This thread has had me in stitches...

most fundamental aspects

"It's not the needles, it's what they may end up knitting that's the concern.

"

That might be a legitimate concern. At 35,000 ft, the last thing they want is any potential jumpers

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's not the needles, it's what they may end up knitting that's the concern.

That might be a legitimate concern. At 35,000 ft, the last thing they want is any potential jumpers "

Swiss Army knives are ok. Mine has been through many airports in my pocket. Blade is less than four inches, so ok.

My reply looks ok ... But still looking forward to the funniest piss-taking...

"Swiss Army knives are ok. Mine has been through many airports in my pocket. Blade is less than four inches, so ok.

My reply looks ok ... But still looking forward to the funniest piss-taking..."

Only on flights from Zurich

leeds

what about other knitting related items? what is allowed?

This is a rather woolly area!

"what about other knitting related items? what is allowed?

This is a rather woolly area!"

But there is a pattern emerging

leeds

"what about other knitting related items? what is allowed?

This is a rather woolly area!

But there is a pattern emerging "

Yes I think it is a poncho!

Usually, airlines allow bamboo or plastic needles. Security staff at airports are frequently ignorant about crafting items or can be 'Jobsworth' types who take anything they fancy off you. I once had a miniture pair of tweezers taken from me!

As a chainsaw sculpturist, i find this kind of bureaucratic bullshit a massive hindrance to international trade.

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

sad

"I was surprised to learn that you are allowed to use small knitting needles on an aeroplane .

On a recent flight the passenger beside me was knitting and as I do not consider it safe to use needles on a plane ,I asked her to stop. Initially she refused and the air hostess also said that it was permissible to use needles to knit on a plane . The lady did not knit for the rest of the flight after I asked her to stop.

I did some further research on the internet and it is apparent that you are allowed to use knitting needles on planes .

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle "

sorry but that's pretty sad a knitting needle they have knives and forks on planes and plenty of other far more lethal objects ,knitting is calming for some and presents no risk to others

Hertford

"I was surprised to learn that you are allowed to use small knitting needles on an aeroplane .

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle sorry but that's pretty sad a knitting needle they have knives and forks on planes and plenty of other far more lethal objects ,knitting is calming for some and presents no risk to others "

. However knives and forks on planes are plastic and it is difficult to see how they could present any real threat . Someone with a knitting needle is constantly moving it up and down and possibly for the entire flight . Despite all the comments on this forum I definitely do not want to be sitting next to someone who is constantly moving a knitting needle .In my gardens I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle sorry but that's pretty sad a knitting needle they have knives and forks on planes and plenty of other far more lethal objects ,knitting is calming for some and presents no risk to others . However knives and forks on planes are plastic and it is difficult to see how they could present any real threat . Someone with a knitting needle is constantly moving it up and down and possibly for the entire flight . Despite all the comments on this forum I definitely do not want to be sitting next to someone who is constantly moving a knitting needle .In my gardens I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors "

Bamboo canes at eye level do present a significant risk sometimes bending forward it's possible to just miss one going in your eye.

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted?

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"IDespite all the comments on this forum I definitely do not want to be sitting next to someone who is constantly moving a knitting needle .In my gardens I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors "

Do you know, I actually believe you probably do

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle sorry but that's pretty sad a knitting needle they have knives and forks on planes and plenty of other far more lethal objects ,knitting is calming for some and presents no risk to others . However knives and forks on planes are plastic and it is difficult to see how they could present any real threat . Someone with a knitting needle is constantly moving it up and down and possibly for the entire flight . Despite all the comments on this forum I definitely do not want to be sitting next to someone who is constantly moving a knitting needle .In my gardens I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors

Bamboo canes at eye level do present a significant risk sometimes bending forward it's possible to just miss one going in your eye.

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted?"

last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home

Hertford

I don't want my eye poked out by someone's needle sorry but that's pretty sad a knitting needle they have knives and forks on planes and plenty of other far more lethal objects ,knitting is calming for some and presents no risk to others . However knives and forks on planes are plastic and it is difficult to see how they could present any real threat . Someone with a knitting needle is constantly moving it up and down and possibly for the entire flight . Despite all the comments on this forum I definitely do not want to be sitting next to someone who is constantly moving a knitting needle .In my gardens I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted?"

. As a child yes . Did tapestry as part of a school project .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted?. As a child yes . Did tapestry as part of a school project ."

Tapestry isn't knitting. Was the woman knitting, embroiding or doing tapestry?

OMG anyone got a shovel.

There again what if some one tears up the seat covering to make cord to strangle you or what if some one sticks there foot out into the isle and trips you up, what if!

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

I was going to say well done on this obviously funny pretend post but realised who the OP is so now I think it may be a serious rant instead

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Why would your eyes be poked out? Did the lady have poor motor skills?. What about if an aircraft hits turbulence or jolts suddenly . I am always extremely careful with sharp objects such as knives .

OMG anyone got a shovel.

There again what if some one tears up the seat covering to make cord to strangle you or what if some one sticks there foot out into the isle and trips you up, what if!"

Don't forget the oxygen masks. You can make a good garrotte out of one of those.

I must ask though, why are knitting needles allowed but not nail files?

"This may be one of my favourite threads ever!

Just when you think you've heard it all..."

And in true Christmas spirit it just continues to give and give

most fundamental aspects

" I always covered pointed objects such as bamboo canes with safety protectors "

I hope you attached collision warning lights too, just in case of low flying aircraft.

Galway

Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?"

I must admit that the OP comes across as a bit of a bully in his opening post. Surely at the point a steward told him he was wrong and that the other passenger was doing nothing wrong he should have backed down.

Poor woman probably only stopped to shut him up

Galway

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?

I must admit that the OP comes across as a bit of a bully in his opening post. Surely at the point a steward told him he was wrong and that the other passenger was doing nothing wrong he should have backed down.

Poor woman probably only stopped to shut him up"

It is a pity that the lady was intimidated into stopping,but I guess alas that's life unfortunately.

Hertford

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?"
. It was an amicable discussion between all parties , namely the air stewardess , myself and the passenger . If any of us had felt that strongly about the issue , one of us could have moved seats . The lady concerned was more than capable of looking after herself and I do not think was the type of person that could be bullied .

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?. It was an amicable discussion between all parties , namely the air stewardess , myself and the passenger . If any of us had felt that strongly about the issue , one of us could have moved seats . The lady concerned was more than capable of looking after herself and I do not think was the type of person that could be bullied . "
in my opinion an unnecessary amicable conversation

Hertford

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted? last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home "

. I don't think anyones flight was ruined as the issue was discussed on an amicable basis . There were lots of spare seats available and if one of us had felt strongly about the issue , there was always the option to move seats .

Hertford

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?

Poor woman probably only stopped to shut him up

It is a pity that the lady was intimidated into stopping,but I guess alas that's life unfortunately."

. As the issue was resolved on an amicable basis why would either of us feel any remorse . ? There was the option to move seats if either of us felt inconvenienced . How would intimidation come into the issue . The lady concerned was more than capable of looking after herself.

Cheer up.... At least the stock market is up!!

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted? last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home . I don't think anyones flight was ruined as the issue was discussed on an amicable basis . There were lots of spare seats available and if one of us had felt strongly about the issue , there was always the option to move seats ."

hardly a friendly way to go about flying from A to B bringing up a totally negative unnecessary conversation did you feel threatened by this woman knitting next to you ,I suggest not ,did you really think she was going to poke your eye out with a knitting needle ,I think not ,are you a negative person ,I think yes or why would you have created this thread ,it certainly doesn't make you look attractive to others

This thread has been going for two days and I'm still waiting for the punchline...

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

to you goes the 2015 bah humbug grumpy old git award... However being poked in the eye by a finger or elbow is unlikely to be much damage as they are rounded and smooth.

A needle is a sharp object which someone is constantly moving up and down. I definitely do not want to sit beside anyone using a knitting needle ."

The wool she was using could strangulated you, yet you didn't worry about that

Hertford

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted? last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home . I don't think anyones flight was ruined as the issue was discussed on an amicable basis . There were lots of spare seats available and if one of us had felt strongly about the issue , there was always the option to move seats . hardly a friendly way to go about flying from A to B bringing up a totally negative unnecessary conversation did you feel threatened by this woman knitting next to you ,I suggest not ,did you really think she was going to poke your eye out with a knitting needle ,I think not ,are you a negative person ,I think yes or why would you have created this thread ,it certainly doesn't make you look attractive to others "

. I don't think either myself or the passenger concerned will be losing too much sleep over the issue . The fact remains that bringing needles on to an aeroplane is a grey area and to a certain extent a discretionary one .

I can only re iterate that I have no desire to sit beside a passenger who is constantly pulling a needle up and down .

Then I would suggest you use an alternative mode of transport.

Galway

"Then I would suggest you use an alternative mode of transport. "

Would probably feel intimidated by the waves moving up and down if travelling by sea.

"Then I would suggest you use an alternative mode of transport.

Would probably feel intimidated by the waves moving up and down if travelling by sea. "

Is that even allowed?

Galway

"Then I would suggest you use an alternative mode of transport.

Would probably feel intimidated by the waves moving up and down if travelling by sea.

Is that even allowed?"

I'll check with the stewardess it may be a grey area lol.

Galway

She might have been knitting an Uzi. Knit one, purl one, shoot one.

"

You made me snortle haha.

"Just one thing to the OP did you feel any remorse at all for preventing the lady from knitting when she was well within her rights to do so? maybe it was her way of overcoming nervousness during flight?. It was an amicable discussion between all parties , namely the air stewardess , myself and the passenger . If any of us had felt that strongly about the issue , one of us could have moved seats . The lady concerned was more than capable of looking after herself and I do not think was the type of person that could be bullied . "

If she's have asked yu to stop reading because turmning the pages was annoying you would you? Or if she didn't want the film you were watching on the periphery of her vision would you have turned it off? Or if you game on your Ipad was annoying her would you have stopped?

I bet the answer is no and non od those are anymore absurd than your insistence that she stopped.

The very fact a dtewardess was involved speaks volumes

I think the OP is a nervous person. Period. The 'clacking' of the needles probably irritated him.

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted? last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home . I don't think anyones flight was ruined as the issue was discussed on an amicable basis . There were lots of spare seats available and if one of us had felt strongly about the issue , there was always the option to move seats . hardly a friendly way to go about flying from A to B bringing up a totally negative unnecessary conversation did you feel threatened by this woman knitting next to you ,I suggest not ,did you really think she was going to poke your eye out with a knitting needle ,I think not ,are you a negative person ,I think yes or why would you have created this thread ,it certainly doesn't make you look attractive to others . I don't think either myself or the passenger concerned will be losing too much sleep over the issue . The fact remains that bringing needles on to an aeroplane is a grey area and to a certain extent a discretionary one .

I can only re iterate that I have no desire to sit beside a passenger who is constantly pulling a needle up and down ."

How is it a grey area? It's allowed. The airline let her board with them. The stewardess confirmed it was okay. Your own internet research confirmed it. Seems pretty black and white to me

Galway

I think the OP is a nervous person. Period. The 'clacking' of the needles probably irritated him. "

I think the irritant in this equation was not the needles

[Removed by poster at 26/12/15 14:24:22]

"well you're a bundle of joy aint ya.. "

Pmsl and the winning response of the thread is ...... _hortie x

but to him they could've sounded like a ticking clock. Like a countdown. Or something. If he's a nervous, wobbly traveller type.

Galway

" but to him they could've sounded like a ticking clock. Like a countdown. Or something. If he's a nervous, wobbly traveller type."

Would he solve the conundrum though? Hmmmm.

" but to him they could've sounded like a ticking clock. Like a countdown. Or something. If he's a nervous, wobbly traveller type.

Would he solve the conundrum though? Hmmmm. "

Hertford

I would like to know Pat if you've ever knitted? last time I looked knitting needles were plastic too and an angry man could do more damage with his fist think, you've made a bigger deal out of this than was required and probably ruined another person's flight home . I don't think anyones flight was ruined as the issue was discussed on an amicable basis . There were lots of spare seats available and if one of us had felt strongly about the issue , there was always the option to move seats . hardly a friendly way to go about flying from A to B bringing up a totally negative unnecessary conversation did you feel threatened by this woman knitting next to you ,I suggest not ,did you really think she was going to poke your eye out with a knitting needle ,I think not ,are you a negative person ,I think yes or why would you have created this thread ,it certainly doesn't make you look attractive to others . I don't think either myself or the passenger concerned will be losing too much sleep over the issue . The fact remains that bringing needles on to an aeroplane is a grey area and to a certain extent a discretionary one .

I can only re iterate that I have no desire to sit beside a passenger who is constantly pulling a needle up and down .

How is it a grey area? It's allowed. The airline let her board with them. The stewardess confirmed it was okay. Your own internet research confirmed it. Seems pretty black and white to me"

. Different airlines have different policies . Airports also tend to set their own policies . Some internet searches recomend taking a sae with you in case your needles are rejected at security .You can then post then back to yourself in order to avoid losing them..

By *ucklingsCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

If the FAA deems them (relatively) safe, I doubt you need worry about a plot of (knitted) scarf wearing assassins taking over the aircraft. "

Mmm, now there's a thought: ninja lessons and knitting lessons here I come!!!

Make sure you are not on my next flight

Galway

How is it a grey area? It's allowed. The airline let her board with them. The stewardess confirmed it was okay. Your own internet research confirmed it. Seems pretty black and white to me. Different airlines have different policies . Airports also tend to set their own policies . Some internet searches recomend taking a sae with you in case your needles are rejected at security .You can then post then back to yourself in order to avoid losing them.."

Perhaps in future check your carriers policies before deciding whether or not to avail of their services? That scenario will help other people who wish to travel without unnecessary interferences.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am surprised they let them on as they ban a lot of other things that could be used as a weapon. Yes I know you have taken a lot of comments that they couldn't hurt anyone, but if someone came at you with a knitting needle ( that isn't blunt as suggested, well not the ones my mum used anyway ) then they could do some damage if aimed where you say.

Me, I would just be pissed off with the constant clicking that would be going on in the next seat

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't attack people while posting

They relaxed the rules a few years ago. After Sept 11th they were not allowed. Now most airlines will let you take them.

I also take little embroidery scissors on planes. I'm sure they could be used to murder the pilot. However I'm also sure that I wouldn't be able to get past the *new* security measures they have put in place at the entrance to the cockpit (which led to the relaxing of the rules).

in Lancashire

so why if there were spare seats did you not move to one and allow her to continue knitting..?

By *um4usbothCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

how close were you to believe you would poke your eye out

By *um4usbothCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

They relaxed the rules a few years ago. After Sept 11th they were not allowed. Now most airlines will let you take them.

I also take little embroidery scissors on planes. I'm sure they could be used to murder the pilot. However I'm also sure that I wouldn't be able to get past the *new* security measures they have put in place at the entrance to the cockpit (which led to the relaxing of the rules)."

I crochet so hopefully they wont ban crochet hooks, they're not sharpe at all

So did you apologise to the lady after you where told you where wrong and the lady was perfectly within her right to knit, or did you move to one of the many spare seats on the plane, thus removing yourself from this very dangerous situation you found yourself in.

Galway

"So did you apologise to the lady after you where told you where wrong and the lady was perfectly within her right to knit, or did you move to one of the many spare seats on the plane, thus removing yourself from this very dangerous situation you found yourself in."

The plot thickens

Still hilarious in here I see very good...carry on

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

"

I suspect they do a bit of subtle "profiling" beforehand. For example, one look at any of the jumpers I was forced to wear as a child should lead to my mum's needles being classed as offensive weapons.

And I'm sure Abu Hamza wasn't allowed his hook, regardless of how good he was at crochet (and I bet he was awesome)

I did find this on YouTube, regarding the dangers of knitting...

https://youtu.be/M6ZjMWLqJvM

The question is, was it wrong that I got mildly excited when I thought the lady would be forced to unpick her woollen dress in order to obtain more wool?...

Mr ddc

Galway

"

I suspect they do a bit of subtle "profiling" beforehand. For example, one look at any of the jumpers I was forced to wear as a child should lead to my mum's needles being classed as offensive weapons.

And I'm sure Abu Hamza wasn't allowed his hook, regardless of how good he was at crochet (and I bet he was awesome)

I did find this on YouTube, regarding the dangers of knitting...

https://youtu.be/M6ZjMWLqJvM

The question is, was it wrong that I got mildly excited when I thought the lady would be forced to unpick her woollen dress in order to obtain more wool?...

Mr ddc"

click clack click clack that's the sound of guess who's back

By *entenTeaCouple  over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

Reasons To Be Fearfull 1 to 12

Next time you fly rather than knitting needles worry about the following:

1) Being struck by fragments of turbine blade from an uncontained engine failure.

2) The battery of the laptop being used next to you catching fire.

3) The d*unken passenger rampaging down the aisle.

4) The airline line maintenance provider using spares of uncertain or faked origin.

5) Bird Strike

6) Tired flight deck crew.

7) Inadequate monitoring of crew mental health.

8) Air traffic controller working too much overtime on accout of industrial action in France.

9) An errant decimal point in the stress calculations validating a repair.

10) Another successfull hacking of an airliner's flight control or navigation systems.

11) Lax airport security

12) Sitting next to me on a flight.

L

most fundamental aspects

"

L"

I'm sure that the conversation would be riveting. Oh shit, I mentioned rivets, I'm sensing a number 13

I found it odd i got served a glass bottle of cider on my flight.

"Reasons To Be Fearfull 1 to 12

Next time you fly rather than knitting needles worry about the following:

1) Being struck by fragments of turbine blade from an uncontained engine failure.

2) The battery of the laptop being used next to you catching fire.

3) The d*unken passenger rampaging down the aisle.

4) The airline line maintenance provider using spares of uncertain or faked origin.

5) Bird Strike

6) Tired flight deck crew.

7) Inadequate monitoring of crew mental health.

8) Air traffic controller working too much overtime on accout of industrial action in France.

9) An errant decimal point in the stress calculations validating a repair.

10) Another successfull hacking of an airliner's flight control or navigation systems.

11) Lax airport security

L"

13) maintenance shift supervisor doing the work himself and then also doing the second party inslection.

This resulted once in the only ever full 4 engine failure on a 4 engine plane and on an othwr occasion the cockpit window blowing out and taking the copilot with it

Or food poisoning.

My mate and i had a few "raised eye brows" during a recent game of "mile high darts". But everyone had chilled out by the time we started the snooker competition.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Surely snapped bones, or even filed down to blade like shapes, would be far worse than a knitting needle. Always lots of bones on board, albeit embodied.

Galway

"Surely snapped bones, or even filed down to blade like shapes, would be far worse than a knitting needle. Always lots of bones on board, albeit embodied."

or boners

Filmed on a recent flight with the OP

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CSALQn0u9z4

"Filmed on a recent flight with the OP

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CSALQn0u9z4"

Derbyshire

"My mate and i had a few "raised eye brows" during a recent game of "mile high darts". But everyone had chilled out by the time we started the snooker competition."

Which is why I stick to practising my knife-throwing act...

Derbyshire

" I once had a miniture pair of tweezers taken from me!"

Please tell me you retorted "No tweezers? Have you no idea how hard it is to wire a detonator with my fat fingers?"

By *hynot5642Man  over a year ago

Southampton

"That's it people!

Ban all pointy things!!!

You could do a lot more damage with a 9H pencil than you could ever do with a knitting needle.

Derbyshire

A man was sitting on a London train eating a bag of fresh prawns, ripping off the heads and shells and then throwing them out of the window. After he had gobbled a few of them down an older woman opposite him said, "Would you mind not doing that? It's disgusting to watch.".

"Listen love." He replied, "It's got nothing to do with you, I've paid my fare for this journey and I'll do what I damn well want on this train." He carried on ripping off the shells, throwing them out of the window and eating the prawns. Finally he finished the bag and settled back for a little sleep.

The woman then started some knitting and all the man could hear while he was trying to sleep was the incessant clicking of her knitting needles. After a while, he sits back up and says to the woman, "Could you stop that noise, can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" "It's got nothing to do with you," replies the old woman, "I've paid my fare and I'll do what I want on this train."

At that, the man grabbed the woman's knitting and threw it out of the window. The woman immediately stood up and pulled the train alarm cord. The man burst out laughing and said, "Ha ha, you'll get fined 200 pounds for that!"

To which the old woman replied, "And you'll get six years when the police smell your fingers...."

PS Please don't open the window and throw her knitting out OP, not when on a plane...

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"A man was sitting on a London train eating a bag of fresh prawns, ripping off the heads and shells and then throwing them out of the window. After he had gobbled a few of them down an older woman opposite him said, "Would you mind not doing that? It's disgusting to watch.".

"Listen love." He replied, "It's got nothing to do with you, I've paid my fare for this journey and I'll do what I damn well want on this train." He carried on ripping off the shells, throwing them out of the window and eating the prawns. Finally he finished the bag and settled back for a little sleep.

The woman then started some knitting and all the man could hear while he was trying to sleep was the incessant clicking of her knitting needles. After a while, he sits back up and says to the woman, "Could you stop that noise, can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" "It's got nothing to do with you," replies the old woman, "I've paid my fare and I'll do what I want on this train."

At that, the man grabbed the woman's knitting and threw it out of the window. The woman immediately stood up and pulled the train alarm cord. The man burst out laughing and said, "Ha ha, you'll get fined 200 pounds for that!"

To which the old woman replied, "And you'll get six years when the police smell your fingers...."

PS Please don't open the window and throw her knitting out OP, not when on a plane..."

Galway

We needed knitter on this post to sort the OP out lol x miss you knitter xxxxx

Galway

By the way OP thank you for posting this. A lovely female half of a couple messaged me with her views and we were in agreement. I have since chatted to her other half and I have found myself in the Lovely position of arranging to meet these gorgeous people. So again may I thank you for bullying that lady on the plane xxxxx thankyou and goodnight mxy has left the building

Well that was fun

Stay safe people