FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should "no show's" named and shamed??

Should "no show's" named and shamed??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onutbbk69 OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Outback near Spalding

We were let down last nite and would like to know what the other members of fab think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/01/11 19:40:17]

Name and shame is one-sided, and the other party may have a genuine reason for the no show.

Therefore, it is not allowed!

Its just one of those things on here so just move and say "Next" lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

No

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We were let down last nite and would like to know what the other members of fab think? "

so you let me down... and after i set off... and when i rang you didn't pick up... so that is costs for petrol, the hotel, and my time wasted.....

so you are a timewaster and i am not impressed

i made the above up....and now you know why name and shame will never work...

your word against mine...

I feel there's two sides to each story and we don't know there's, chances are babysitter let them down or family, these things happen naming and shaming won't solve it

Who are we to believe you or the person your naming and shaming sounds like a witch hunt to me

thanks for all you input

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Therefore, it is not allowed! "

We should have a "Name & embarrass them" policy for those that are excellent at entertaining others

it happend 2me on another site, im self employed welder work all over the country, anyhow arranged to meet a couple on a sat, got a call for emergency repair work in south wales decent money etc, gave them plenty notice ie wed nite, they went on site shrep n made out i cancelled short notice n basicaly a wanker n timewaster, luckily had friends on there that fired it back in forum, iluv sex n genuine lad but a sat nite not worth 7days wages, i asked what if ur kids in hospital etc didnt get reply n yes ur on this site too!

name and shame em

I think calling them Tarquin, Rupert, Xavier, Clancy, Fabian and Laurence should do the trick.

"name and shame em

I think calling them Tarquin, Rupert, Xavier, Clancy, Fabian and Laurence should do the trick."

i think that as long as people have the decency to let you know they cant make it then i dont have an issue but to not turn up is just plain rude and i can see why some may want to name and shame

happens to us all.

block them and move on.do not waste your time over them.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"We were let down last nite and would like to know what the other members of fab think? "

There is a category on the "report" bit that you can tick. I assume admin will look at someone doing this to a few people and take action.

Naming someone will only make them delete their profile, put another up and possibly give you more grief. Far better to block and move on.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"We were let down last nite and would like to know what the other members of fab think?

There is a category on the "report" bit that you can tick. I assume admin will look at someone doing this to a few people and take action.

Naming someone will only make them delete their profile, put another up and possibly give you more grief. Far better to block and move on.

"

Yeah... what Big Bad says.

Thanks too you all. We have blocked reported and moved on. God didn't we move on lol And to be fair we agree with all comments. But we wanted to see if we whad the same ideas as you guys. Happy hunting xxxx

we agree as we were let down today, too many time wasters on these sites and they should be named n shamed if the excuse is pathetic

We all get let down but naming and shaming is not the done thing. Anyone could then name and shame anyone on here just for the hell of it and it would get very silly and tedious. So and so deleted my message lets name and shame them.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Who decides what's pathetic though?

I'd like to stop the people moaning but they don't. I'd like a big beacon light flashing above their username... but oh look... I don't need one of those. They're naming and shaming themselves wihtout any help.

Being let down is a fact of life. Things happen beyond our control and we just have to get on with it and deal with it as best we can.

There are days where I just can't be arsed. If I had a meet planned when I'm feeling like that then I would absolutely cancel. There's no point in making someone else feel miserable. If that makes me a timewaster then so be it. I'd rather not waste my time or theirs with a rubbish meet when my heart wasn't in it. It's not happened as yet but used merely to give an example that doesn't involve a death/accident/unforeseen circumstance.

However, the difference is, I spend time with people who I consider my friends and who would know, beyond doubt that if something came up in real life then they could cancel on me without feeling like they've broken the law. Yes, its a letdown when you've been looking forward to something but it's not the end of the world. I appreciate people have issues that they've perhaps organised babysitters etc. So go out anyway. Go do something else? Don't sit at home moping about it or park your arse in here whinging about naming and shaming. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and move onto the next person.

But most of all... stop moaning about it. It'll never change, you'll never be allowed to name and shame and really, all you've done is make yourself look like a moaner! Not a good look!

» Add a new message to this topic