FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clothes shopping

Clothes shopping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I bought this dress today, looked absolutely gorgeous on the hanger, it was in the sale, I had to have it, at that moment in time it was the most important thing in the world.

Got it home and tried it on, it looks crap on me.

Similarly I have bought things that I think, well I like it, kind of, its a good price, Ill get it, wear it to work and then try it on at home and it looks brilliant on.

can you tell exactly what will suit you, or are you like me and see something gorgeous and cross your fingers and pray that it looks good.

Do you buy in sales or do you hate the mish mash of clothing and not having all the sizes etc, so do you shop when items are full price but have the sizes and choice available.

I tend to buy something new every week, but I like sales. Love feeling ive got a bargain. If its an item I want to die for I will buy it there and there or save up if its more than I can afford in one go. Usually I buy things in the sale, prefer to buy quality things in a sale though.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

charity shops for me

Oh yeah i also like charity shops

Don't do clothe shopping anymore as nothing fits, so I have my formalwear made to measure instead.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I don't like the sales generally because there's too many people who get right on my tits... barging in front of me, leaving things just hanging on the clothes rack instead of putting them back on the hanger, etc... etc... etc...

However, I love getting a bargain and for that reason I think I'm known by my first name at my local T K Maxx. They're even considering giving me my own dedicated parking space just outside the doors!

However, today I bought some jeans and a tie at Marks & Sparks... I think I've officially become an old fogey as of today

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've been doing a lot of charity shop shopping lately... I had to replace my whole wardrobe cause none of my clothes fit me any more. When I actually stop to think about the amount of money that went into those charity bags it makes me cringe.

I decided that I needed some new stuff but I'm not finished shifting my excess lard so I didn't want to spend a lot. The charity shops in town have been fab... if you go to a good area they have GREAT stuff!

However, I always try stuff on before I buy it. I know what I look good in so I generally don't come home with stuff I wouldn't wear.

"Don't do clothe shopping anymore as nothing fits, so I have my formalwear made to measure instead.

"

Ooo very nice Pearl, how nice that must be, knowing everything fits perfectly for your shape

And in colours that suit me, and co-ordinate too!

Forum Mod

I can't stand shopping in the sales and usually wait a while afterwards because you get the stuff that people have waited to return until after the rush is over and can grab some really good bargains

I like it when you just buy something on the off chance and its looks fab but also hate thinking something that will look good actually looks crap when you get it home,wheres the elation of having something new and gorgeous when that happens?

I have to be alone when im clothes shopping too,can't have anyone else with me as I don't want anyones elses opinions

im pretty good at knowing what suits me and my sister and mum bought me an "IMAGE DAY" for my 50th birthday ..it was a bit like the trinny and susannah experience .i know what colours suit me and definitely what shapes suit me ...im what the image people call a natural romantic so its silk lace velvet voile and nothing structured ......or nothing at all which is my favourite choice of clothes really !!!

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Sods law...when I need to find an outfit for a special occasion I can never find anything quite right. When I'm skint I see so much I want!

I dont try on in shops, thats my problem, I wouldnt end up feeling fed up when I get home then. My head is swayed by nice fabrics, unusual detail and then ill convince myself it will be great, sometimes works out, sometimes doesnt.

Im worst with shoes. I love heels but I know I struggle to walk in them. But if I see a "to die for" shoe, I buy it and convince myself I can practice walking in it.

The one thing I dont tend to make mistakes from is underwear. I know what I can and cant wear. I know I cant wear gstrings. I can wear thongs but the sides have to be quite big, lots of lace etc to hide the fatty spare tyre I have. I cant wear a tiny triangle with a very thing string at the sides.

I made the mistake for years on thinking that as I had a fat tummy and backside, that I should wear floaty things (which was the type of dress I bought today). I actually look much better in fitted dresses, or pencil skirts rather than full skirts, figure hugging things really, which I would never have thought would suit me.

» Add a new message to this topic