FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cold callers

cold callers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ire_blade OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

You know the 1s. Ppi credit cards solar panels loans and the rest of the shite these call centres ring you up trying to sell you. I must get 4 or 5 calls a day off them and that's not including the text msgs and it's now driving me nuts. Other than taking a lump hammer to your phone is there any way of stopping them ringing you. I already know about pressing 9 for the automated calls but is there anything else you can do to stop these parasites constantly ringing you. Yep 1 very pissed off bladey here so any advice or tips much appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Find their office and form a lynch mob?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Have you tried registering your number with the telephone preference service bro?

Talk to em mate, There lovely people once yer get to know em

Manchester

"Find their office and form a lynch mob? "

Hey now your talking. Who's in. I'll provide the balaclavas

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Upgraded my BT fairly recently and it has pretty much stopped them stone dead as they have a service which blocks the known numbers and adds new ones as they appear. Might be worth checking with your provider to see what they can do.

Manchester

"Have you tried registering your number with the telephone preference service bro?"

Err who ???

just ask what colour nickers they are wearing..shuts them up that does

Manchester

"Talk to em mate, There lovely people once yer get to know em "

When my kids where young it used to give me great pleasure passing the phone to them

"Talk to em mate, There lovely people once yer get to know em

When my kids where young it used to give me great pleasure passing the phone to them "

its the only people who talk to me lately. I look forward to a chat

I got so pissed off with this, I unplug my landline until around 7pm, I tend not to answer my mobile as I never hear it (I work with noisy tools) and any unknown numbers, I check online to see if it has been reported, if it has, I block it. The preference list doesn't work well at all and I believe you have to pay for it, why the hell should anyone have to pay to stop being pestered?

"Have you tried registering your number with the telephone preference service bro?

Err who ???"

Look it up. I registered and now rarely receive a cold call. If I do, I mention I signed up and they disappear pronto. They get fined.

"I got so pissed off with this, I unplug my landline until around 7pm, I tend not to answer my mobile as I never hear it (I work with noisy tools) and any unknown numbers, I check online to see if it has been reported, if it has, I block it. The preference list doesn't work well at all and I believe you have to pay for it, why the hell should anyone have to pay to stop being pestered?"

The telephone preference service is entirely free.

Manchester

"just ask what colour nickers they are wearing..shuts them up that does"

Knowing my luck it will be a bloke and probably tell me

in the night garden

"Have you tried registering your number with the telephone preference service bro?

Err who ???"

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

It should cut out a large percentage, not all.

Manchester

Err who ???

Look it up. I registered and now rarely receive a cold call. If I do, I mention I signed up and they disappear pronto. They get fined."

Google is my friend then. Thanks I'll give it a try

I always ask them if they can hold the line a second as I'm just finishing my poo, they usually hang up

TPS stops some calls to the landline, and I google any unrecognised number that rings my mobile, if it's flagged as PPI or whatever I block it so they can't call again.

Manchester

Err who ???

It should cut out a large percentage, not all."

Thanks bud your my hero I'll give it a go cheers

in the night garden

Err who ???

It should cut out a large percentage, not all.

Thanks bud your my hero I'll give it a go cheers "

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Register with TPS (home & mobile numbers) & MPS - I get virtually no cold callers or junk mail. If you do get a call just tell them you're registered & to remove your name from their records.

"just ask what colour nickers they are wearing..shuts them up that does

Knowing my luck it will be a bloke and probably tell me "

If its a bloke just ask if he'd like to danger wank with you the next time your in burger king

Manchester

Result. Registered with tips and mps apparently it takes 28 days but as some of you said it's free so guess time will tell.

Thanks all who suggested it I'd never heard of it till you lovely people told me.

Manchester

Fucking tips tps ffs. OK next question how do I sort this dumb arsed auto correct

"Result. Registered with tips and mps apparently it takes 28 days but as some of you said it's free so guess time will tell.

Thanks all who suggested it I'd never heard of it till you lovely people told me. "

Yes, it does take 28 days. It is a distributed database. Any company ignoring it can be subject to action. It has worked for me. I really would recommend it to everyone (unless you enjoy cold calls).

"You know the 1s. Ppi credit cards solar panels loans and the rest of the shite these call centres ring you up trying to sell you. I must get 4 or 5 calls a day off them and that's not including the text msgs and it's now driving me nuts. Other than taking a lump hammer to your phone is there any way of stopping them ringing you. I already know about pressing 9 for the automated calls but is there anything else you can do to stop these parasites constantly ringing you. Yep 1 very pissed off bladey here so any advice or tips much appreciated "

On your Computer, go to the Telephone Preference service and register with them, you can also register Mobile numbers. When the next person phones, tell them your are registered with the TPS and request the dele your number from the list they have. If they text you Type in 7726 on messenger and they will be reported to your server who is then required to investigate cold calls.

Also for competition and gamers, make sure you dont tick the box that says to contact you.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

The tps were given a slapped wrist recently as they stopped enforcing the rules

If you answer or respond to any unsolicited text or call, you prove the number is active and it's sold.

Never respond to any text, not even to "opt out"

Once your number is confirmed as live it gets sold

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Go to message settings and remove autocorrect but it may stop you getting nawty pics

By *r and mrs 71Couple  over a year ago

colchester

Had a PPI call yesterday. Gave the phone to my 3yr old nephew and told him it was Father Christmas. They'll probably ring back again but it was fun while it lasted

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 15/12/15 15:08:08]

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

If it is conservatory sales calls, I love them I go for the most expensive one, then have all the extras, then tell them only at the end of the call I live in a second floor apartment. It seems I waste their time when I do this, really????

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I report many to the information commissioners office, with full details of their invasive effects and distress that they cause me. They are at least punishing more, due to law breaking now.

I get free caller display and choose to accept or ignore, depending on circumstances.

TPS for mobile and land lines has reduced volumes, as does my hounding of them.

I stay silent when answering as their equipment often interprets me as non human and drops the call and doesn't call back.

Or put the caller on hold, whilst doing something else, making their call fruitless.

Manchester

Ohhh this is class. As I've said above I've registered my number with tps. 20 minutes ago I got a call supposedly from the tps asking about the type of calls I get and how many I get all reasonable questions as I thought but Then come the punchline. According to the caller the tps service isn't free what they do is for £50 they will send me a new phone with over 200 numbers in it pre blocked which apparently my nice new shiny s6 can't do. When I told who ever it was they was talking shit and I no longer believed they was from the tps the line suddenly went dead. How very very strange don't you think

"Ohhh this is class. As I've said above I've registered my number with tps. 20 minutes ago I got a call supposedly from the tps asking about the type of calls I get and how many I get all reasonable questions as I thought but Then come the punchline. According to the caller the tps service isn't free what they do is for £50 they will send me a new phone with over 200 numbers in it pre blocked which apparently my nice new shiny s6 can't do. When I told who ever it was they was talking shit and I no longer believed they was from the tps the line suddenly went dead. How very very strange don't you think"

Ignore it. TPS is a free service. Are you sure you used the official site?

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Google for BT8500 call blocker phone.

What women what sex yummm xxx

Manchester

"Ohhh this is class. As I've said above I've registered my number with tps. 20 minutes ago I got a call supposedly from the tps asking about the type of calls I get and how many I get all reasonable questions as I thought but Then come the punchline. According to the caller the tps service isn't free what they do is for £50 they will send me a new phone with over 200 numbers in it pre blocked which apparently my nice new shiny s6 can't do. When I told who ever it was they was talking shit and I no longer believed they was from the tps the line suddenly went dead. How very very strange don't you think

Ignore it. TPS is a free service. Are you sure you used the official site?"

Yes well I think so I used the link from above. When I registered I read all the jargon on the site and it says to be wear of scam call supposedly from them

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"If it is conservatory sales calls, I love them I go for the most expensive one, then have all the extras, then tell them only at the end of the call I live in a second floor apartment. It seems I waste their time when I do this, really????"

My hubby did this a few years ago

"Have you tried registering your number with the telephone preference service bro?"

I have done that however it was a waste of time. The calls slowed down for a short time but are now back phoning several times a day

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Err who ???

It should cut out a large percentage, not all."

Definitely not all,I never get any thankfully,but my mum's registered and she still gets them

"Result. Registered with tips and mps apparently it takes 28 days but as some of you said it's free so guess time will tell.

Thanks all who suggested it I'd never heard of it till you lovely people told me. "

Don't hold your breathe lol

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Had a PPI call yesterday. Gave the phone to my 3yr old nephew and told him it was Father Christmas. They'll probably ring back again but it was fun while it lasted "

Brilliant!!!

"Talk to em mate, There lovely people once yer get to know em

When my kids where young it used to give me great pleasure passing the phone to them "

This is what I now do. Amelias had great fun telling them about her new rabbit and what she would like from santa!

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

For two months now I have had constant calls regarding my 'car accident'. I now don't answer a local call that starts with the same 3 digits as I know it's them.

I had one about the accident i had, i told them the condom burst as i was fucking the inflatable

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

Err who ???

Look it up. I registered and now rarely receive a cold call. If I do, I mention I signed up and they disappear pronto. They get fined."

Yep this def the first thing to do. The fear of a fine makes them f@@@ off.

I have an app called truecaller installed on my mobile. They have a big database of spam numbers and they get blocked without it even ringing my phone.

It also gives you a precis sating that the last caller was a PPI spam caller and has been reported as spam by 531 other people.

It's free, so give it a go.

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

"You know the 1s. Ppi credit cards solar panels loans and the rest of the shite these call centres ring you up trying to sell you. I must get 4 or 5 calls a day off them and that's not including the text msgs and it's now driving me nuts. Other than taking a lump hammer to your phone is there any way of stopping them ringing you. I already know about pressing 9 for the automated calls but is there anything else you can do to stop these parasites constantly ringing you. Yep 1 very pissed off bladey here so any advice or tips much appreciated "

if their calling you're mobile phone just block them like I do, if it's a number I don't recognise and I don't pick up I then Google the number and when I see it's listed on a complaint list or some sales thing then I just block them...

or if they are calling you're house etc then try go to TPS with you're service provider.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I got one last week...

Them....'I'm calling regarding the accident you had last week'

Me.... 'Oh did I'

Them... 'Was u not aware you had a car crash'

Me.... would be hard considering I don't drive.... Now fuck off and don't call me again

Thanks all who suggested it I'd never heard of it till you lovely people told me.

Yes, it does take 28 days. It is a distributed database. Any company ignoring it can be subject to action. It has worked for me. I really would recommend it to everyone (unless you enjoy cold calls)."

i signed up a few months ago i still get the calls only not as many.. its usually some sort of survey company i just hang up

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

"I got one last week...

Them....'I'm calling regarding the accident you had last week'

Me.... 'Oh did I'

Them... 'Was u not aware you had a car crash'

Me.... would be hard considering I don't drive.... Now fuck off and don't call me again

"

I had that. When I asked which car it was, he was totally bamboozled. I said "if you know I've been in an accident then you'll know which car I was driving". "Um, that information isn't available on my screen". Of course it isn't, dearie

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Google for BT8500 call blocker phone. "

Hi do you have this phone? I have been looking at it and wondered if it done the job?

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

mines on that but I still get loads of calls!!!

entering competitions and doing surveys get them calling so I don't do them now

did this and hardly get any of those calls now

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Register with TPS (home & mobile numbers) & MPS - I get virtually no cold callers or junk mail. If you do get a call just tell them you're registered & to remove your name from their records. "

We did this a couple of years ago, it does work.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-3362139/How-annoy-cold-callers-phone-number-use-back.html

Made me

I leave my housephone on voicemail then go through them and use the delete all option

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Tps has stopped majority of my cold calls, but I still get international cold callers, they don't seem to be covered.

My phone displays caller details, so if says international I don't answer it.

"I have an app called truecaller installed on my mobile. They have a big database of spam numbers and they get blocked without it even ringing my phone.

It also gives you a precis sating that the last caller was a PPI spam caller and has been reported as spam by 531 other people.

It's free, so give it a go."

Hi I use this, very good and would recommend for your mobile. Jim

"I have an app called truecaller installed on my mobile. They have a big database of spam numbers and they get blocked without it even ringing my phone.

It's free, so give it a go."

Hi I use this, very good and would recommend for your mobile. Jim

Manchester

It does seem to have worked to be honest. The tps site said it takes 28 days but in the 2 days since registering I've had 1 and I seriously was getting 4 5 6 a day so big up the tps

» Add a new message to this topic