FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > nutri bullet

nutri bullet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone got one? Are they as good as what the shopping channels says?? I'm in 2 minds whether to get one or not.

Sorry not swingers related x x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm getting one.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm getting one for Xmas. Hoping to incorporate it into my 5:2 diet when I start it again.

I've heard they are very good.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

They do what they say they do xx whether you can stomach what they do is the real question

Spinach smoothie tastes like spinach smoothie

Sugar tastes like sugar

Up to your taste buds how you use the bullet xx

"They do what they say they do xx whether you can stomach what they do is the real question

Sugar tastes like sugar

Up to your taste buds how you use the bullet xx"

Can't wait to try the kale and beetroot surprise.

By *uzzybeWoman  over a year ago

Darlington

They are really good. A smoothie every morning fills me up til lunch. For convenience I buy the frozen fruit and defrost overnight.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"They do what they say they do xx whether you can stomach what they do is the real question

Sugar tastes like sugar

Can't wait to try the kale and beetroot surprise. "

I'm a huge fan for me I add 1 scoop protein and loads of frozen summer fruits

Sugar tastes like sugar

Can't wait to try the kale and beetroot surprise.

I'm a huge fan for me I add 1 scoop protein and loads of frozen summer fruits"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've got one and it is a fantastic buy. Healthy, nutritious and finger licking good!

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

Can one put ice cubes in it without damaging it?

I love icy drinks.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you everyone x think after all these positive replies ill be getting one on Thursday now...

Many thanks x

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Ice cubes tick

Frozen fruit tick

Word to the wise.... Use plenty of water or juice as it can be very thick.

I have one a day but have been naughty and not using leaves.

Baby spinach should be used. Kale leaves but not the spine should be used

Beetroot is lush in them but can be a tad sweet

Blend for min 30 seconds

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"Ice cubes tick

Frozen fruit tick

Word to the wise.... Use plenty of water or juice as it can be very thick.

I have one a day but have been naughty and not using leaves.

Baby spinach should be used. Kale leaves but not the spine should be used

Beetroot is lush in them but can be a tad sweet

Blend for min 30 seconds

"

What does tick mean?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Anyone got one? Are they as good as what the shopping channels says?? I'm in 2 minds whether to get one or not.

Sorry not swingers related x x "

The best thing that we ever bought - nothing comes close (apart from the Spotify subscription). I (mr H) struggled all of my life with breakfasts that were either fattening, unhealthy or just bloated me. The Nutribullet has completely changed my life and as a by product improved my natural metabolism.

My breakfast bullit consists of:

4 plum tomatoes

Two fists of kale

Two tea spoons of (nutribullet bullit milled) Flax seed

Some Tesco frozen summer fruits

A bit of frozen pineapple

4 pitted plums

4 prunes

Goji berries

Half an apple

Half a persimmon fruit

Two plums (halved and pitted).

Health benefits as a guy - prostate health, heartburn a thing of the past, improved metabolic rate, general stomach and bowel health - huge benefits. Sweet tooth satisfied with fruit content.

Caution..... Don't overdo the fruit as fruit is loads itch sugar. Make sure that Kale/Spinach is the primary ingredient.

"

Caution..... Don't overdo the fruit as fruit is loads itch sugar. Make sure that Kale/Spinach is the primary ingredient. "

Wise words... It's certainly going to help improve your diet but don't neglect your fibre....which tends to get obliterated by smoothie makers

"Anyone got one? Are they as good as what the shopping channels says?? I'm in 2 minds whether to get one or not.

Don't waste the cost they charge , b&m's or Argos or places like that for a quarter the price , yes there good for when you need it in yr belly rather sharpish

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I just bought a nutrition ninja it's great does ice too . Go for the best motor you can as the small ones burn out quite quickly. Mine is 1000w so pretty robust . Also makes nice cocktails . Got it on special with my nectar points . They have jumped at least £20 in last month tho . Hope you have fun with it

I use a brevil one from amazon 20 quid

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

I love my bullet its used every day

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"What does tick mean?"

They can be used in the machine

"I love my bullet its used every day "
What about your blender ?

I've got one. Great little things. Freeze the fruit and then just blitz it in a morning, keeps everything cold.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

"Thank you everyone x think after all these positive replies ill be getting one on Thursday now...

Many thanks x "

Curry's were selling them for £67.95 last week when I got daughter hers for xmas. they are very good x

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

"I use a brevil one from amazon 20 quid "

Yup, love mine.

Don't waste your coins on the nutribullet. You're paying for branding

Interesting read thanks

North West

"I use a brevil one from amazon 20 quid

Yup, love mine.

Don't waste your coins on the nutribullet. You're paying for branding"

IT is not about the device so much as what you put into it and then drink.

I am sure there are lots of similar devices around.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Its just a blender isn't it?

I prefer to eat my food and let my teeth do the macerating for me, as nature intended.

"I just bought a nutrition ninja it's great does ice too . Go for the best motor you can as the small ones burn out quite quickly. Mine is 1000w so pretty robust . Also makes nice cocktails . Got it on special with my nectar points . They have jumped at least £20 in last month tho . Hope you have fun with it "

I have the ninja too. Can even blend soup and make guacamole in it

North West

"Its just a blender isn't it?

I prefer to eat my food and let my teeth do the macerating for me, as nature intended. "

Except that you are not able to chew the food as effectively as these devices can pulverise it. That is why they are so good for you as the nutrition enters your stomach already pulverised into liquid form.

"

Caution..... Don't overdo the fruit as fruit is loads of sugar. Make sure that Kale/Spinach is the primary ingredient.

Wise words... It's certainly going to help improve your diet but don't neglect your fibre....which tends to get obliterated by smoothie makers "

To help with the taste half a banana works wonders, it just adds a little bit of sweetness.

And you will need to add water as some of the smoothies can be very thick.

I bought a kenwood rather than nutribullet. It works really well and was cheaper.

Hereford

I prefer to eat my food and let my teeth do the macerating for me, as nature intended.

Except that you are not able to chew the food as effectively as these devices can pulverise it. That is why they are so good for you as the nutrition enters your stomach already pulverised into liquid form."

Actually, when you chew, your siliva releases enzymes that start to chemically break down food, so that it has already started being digested before it hits the stomach, where more enzymes and stomach acid take over. If you fail to chew, you don't release these, so I doubt your claim.

I think that possibly the real reason that people blend cabbage is so that they can drink it quickly without tasting it....

Except that you are not able to chew the food as effectively as these devices can pulverise it. That is why they are so good for you as the nutrition enters your stomach already pulverised into liquid form."

Although by pulverising it your bursting open all the lysosomes and it's starting to be destroyed

Hereford

Except that you are not able to chew the food as effectively as these devices can pulverise it. That is why they are so good for you as the nutrition enters your stomach already pulverised into liquid form.

Although by pulverising it your bursting open all the lysosomes and it's starting to be destroyed "

I have molars that pulverise just as well.

However: Are you seriously trying to tell me that a nutribullet breaks food down to a subcellular level?

Although by pulverising it your bursting open all the lysosomes and it's starting to be destroyed

However: Are you seriously trying to tell me that a nutribullet breaks food down to a subcellular level? "

But typically you don't chew your food then spit it out in a glass and put it aside for when you get to work :p

And yeah cells aren't a hard thing to break down your teeth do it,you can do it by pinching or bruising.

Blending things to break up cells to analyse the contents of them (usually centrifuging them after belending)is a pretty common long standing practice.

It's even part of some basic gcse levels

Cells are mainly held together by the (I forget the technical term) forming up of phospholipids in water due to the heads being hydrophilic and the tails hydrophobic.

The membranes are not very strong lol

However: Are you seriously trying to tell me that a nutribullet breaks food down to a subcellular level?

But typically you don't chew your food then spit it out in a glass and put it aside for when you get to work :p

And yeah cells aren't a hard thing to break down your teeth do it,you can do it by pinching or bruising.

Blending things to break up cells to analyse the contents of them (usually centrifuging them after belending)is a pretty common long standing practice.

Cells are mainly held together by the (I forget the technical term) forming up of phospholipids in water due to the heads being hydrophilic and the tails hydrophobic.

The membranes are not very strong lol "

Apparently carrots are better for you when they're cooked, as we can't metabolise raw carrots as easily. Sometimes breaking down the cellular walls is preferable.

Anyway, I'd rather have kale in a drink with apple and beetroot than sat on my plate as a sad, damp, green patch.

Hereford

The membranes are not very strong lol "

I am aware that it is easy to break plant cells - however, lysosomes are subcellular organelles and really quite tiny.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

The nutriblender is just a blender. And is limited to what you can put in it.

If your wanting to take juicing g up I would recommend the sage by heston blumenthal.

I only occasionally juice but it's worked wonders for my bf who doesn't like any fruit or veg.

Xxxxx

I am aware that it is easy to break plant cells - however, lysosomes are subcellular organelles and really quite tiny. "

They are indeed but they are still very easily broken down.

They're the same stuff

Size is not the issue. If you're thinking her eis that the blades have to physical hit them (which given the trillions that old be in there isn't a low chance by any means) they don't tell the sheer forces involved in the moving fluid is more than sufficent

Hereford

I am aware that it is easy to break plant cells - however, lysosomes are subcellular organelles and really quite tiny.

They are indeed but they are still very easily broken down.

They're the same stuff

Size is not the issue. If you're thinking her eis that the blades have to physical hit them (which given the trillions that old be in there isn't a low chance by any means) they don't tell the sheer forces involved in the moving fluid is more than sufficent"

Oh.

If they were tat easily broken down, then perhaps your teeth could do it and you wouldn't need a very expensive blender.

Sorry not swingers related x x

The best thing that we ever bought - nothing comes close (apart from the Spotify subscription). I (mr H) struggled all of my life with breakfasts that were either fattening, unhealthy or just bloated me. The Nutribullet has completely changed my life and as a by product improved my natural metabolism.

My breakfast bullit consists of:

4 plum tomatoes

Two fists of kale

Two tea spoons of (nutribullet bullit milled) Flax seed

Some Tesco frozen summer fruits

A bit of frozen pineapple

4 pitted plums

4 prunes

Goji berries

Half an apple

Half a persimmon fruit

Two plums (halved and pitted).

Health benefits as a guy - prostate health, heartburn a thing of the past, improved metabolic rate, general stomach and bowel health - huge benefits. Sweet tooth satisfied with fruit content.

Caution..... Don't overdo the fruit as fruit is loads itch sugar. Make sure that Kale/Spinach is the primary ingredient. "

Is it not expensive to keep making them

North West

No, not at all. The main ingredient kale is £1 a bag and it lasts 4-5 days. I guess each breakfast smoothie costs about £0.75p to make in ingredients.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

So how much weight will i lose if I buy one and make a breakfast smoothie with oreos, ice cream and full fat milk?

Hereford

"So how much weight will i lose if I buy one and make a breakfast smoothie with oreos, ice cream and full fat milk? "

Who knows, but I'm so in for that kind of thing.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"So how much weight will i lose if I buy one and make a breakfast smoothie with oreos, ice cream and full fat milk? "

Damn that sounds good. Screw my diet.

Doesn't sound bad then

» Add a new message to this topic