FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Calories

Calories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok all you experts.

Do you need more calories in the winter? Does the cold use up more calories and if so how many more aday would you need.

Or is it just a reason people use to pig out

I have noticed I get hungrier just lately

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Defo just a reason to pig. Lol

"Defo just a reason to pig. Lol"
yes, I've just been reading up on it.

No reason at all why we should gain weight in the winter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's an excuse. The amount of calories extra you need for warm are relatively negligible in our modern society unless you're doing an outside job.

You most likely need less calories over all - since you probably won't do as much exercise int he winter (you'll be more likely to take the car rather than walk, etc.)

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I read something years ago that said unless you were working at a manual job and coming home to an unheated house you didn't need more calories, I also read something that said if you turned your central heating thermostat down you would lose a certain amount of weight. So in answer to your question I have no idea

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I think it's just because it's cold, your body craves hot, filling food.

"It's an excuse. The amount of calories extra you need for warm are relatively negligible in our modern society unless you're doing an outside job.

You most likely need less calories over all - since you probably won't do as much exercise int he winter (you'll be more likely to take the car rather than walk, etc.)"

don't think I could really have less calories than I have now

"I read something years ago that said unless you were working at a manual job and coming home to an unheated house you didn't need more calories, I also read something that said if you turned your central heating thermostat down you would lose a certain amount of weight. So in answer to your question I have no idea "

So the cheap-ass in me that won't turn the heat on is actually resulting in potential weight loss? Score!

-Courtney

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I read something years ago that said unless you were working at a manual job and coming home to an unheated house you didn't need more calories, I also read something that said if you turned your central heating thermostat down you would lose a certain amount of weight. So in answer to your question I have no idea

So the cheap-ass in me that won't turn the heat on is actually resulting in potential weight loss? Score!

-Courtney"

Allegedly

"It's an excuse. The amount of calories extra you need for warm are relatively negligible in our modern society unless you're doing an outside job.

You most likely need less calories over all - since you probably won't do as much exercise int he winter (you'll be more likely to take the car rather than walk, etc.)don't think I could really have less calories than I have now

"

You're probably not eating enough then.

You most likely need less calories over all - since you probably won't do as much exercise int he winter (you'll be more likely to take the car rather than walk, etc.)don't think I could really have less calories than I have now

You're probably not eating enough then."

I have enough calories to survive

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

Guys who worked on the Drill Floor on the Alaskan rigs were expected to eat some 4000 to 5000 calories a day...but they were grafting.

L2

I think no as maintenance is 2000kcal for women would be the same year round, over and its weight gain, under its weight loss.

You're probably not eating enough then.I have enough calories to survive

"

"Surviving" isn't actually very healthy and could long-term lead to putting weight on.

"Surviving" isn't actually very healthy and could long-term lead to putting weight on."

can you link me to the evidence to read

"Surviving" isn't actually very healthy and could long-term lead to putting weight on."

Yes, I have read this too. When you "survive" your body can be tricked into thinking that you need to retain fat for times when food may be scarce. So if you aren't eating enough, you can cause yourself to put on weight, especially if you simultaneously exercise more than usual.

-Courtney

"Surviving" isn't actually very healthy and could long-term lead to putting weight on.can you link me to the evidence to read"

I don't have my personal training handbooks to hand right now.

The main problem as a woman is that if you're nutrient deficient (as you most likely will be if you're on a very low calorie diet) you can bring on serious problems with menstruation and osteoporosis. Multi-vits don't always cut it either, because some of the crucial vitamins and minerals we need can't be absorbed via tablet.

You're better off eating a colourful diet with reasonable portion sizes. Lots of salads, lots of vegetables, your body will help you stabilize naturally if you listen to it.

"Surviving" isn't actually very healthy and could long-term lead to putting weight on.can you link me to the evidence to read

I don't have my personal training handbooks to hand right now.

The main problem as a woman is that if you're nutrient deficient (as you most likely will be if you're on a very low calorie diet) you can bring on serious problems with menstruation and osteoporosis. Multi-vits don't always cut it either, because some of the crucial vitamins and minerals we need can't be absorbed via tablet.

You're better off eating a colourful diet with reasonable portion sizes. Lots of salads, lots of vegetables, your body will help you stabilize naturally if you listen to it."

I have absolutly no deficiencies what so ever.

The thread as about do I need more calories in the cold and I've found my answer to that thankyou

» Add a new message to this topic