FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad experience

Bad experience

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last week I arranged to meet a 'lady' from here for a coffee. Upon arriving I was told she was running late, fair enough. 10 minutes later I saw her approaching but to my horror she just blanked me. I susequently messaged and she told me she couldn't make the meeting. It was a horrible experience to make all the effort and journey to meet just to be treated like that.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had she seen a photo of you prior to the meet ? Was it an up to date photo ?

I've been cancelled on a few times but usually before the day of said meet, so no time really wasted, maybe she didn't like what she saw?

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"I've been cancelled on a few times but usually before the day of said meet, so no time really wasted, maybe she didn't like what she saw?"
m

Still if it was just a coffee she could of stayed and been polite instead of doing a runner.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

It happens to us all even a couple seeking single males we get our time wasted

"It happens to us all even a couple seeking single males we get our time wasted "

When both the wife and myself are looking for a single male to join us, I've lost count how many times they don't show.

Yes. Photos were exchanged and I was under the impression she found me attractive. If anything I look nicer in person lol. Thanks for the replies though, at least I am not alone.

"I've been cancelled on a few times but usually before the day of said meet, so no time really wasted, maybe she didn't like what she saw?m

Still if it was just a coffee she could of stayed and been polite instead of doing a runner. "

Be polite? Never happens in this world I'm afraid.

"Be polite? Never happens in this world I'm afraid."

Maybe not in yours, but in mine it does

"Be polite? Never happens in this world I'm afraid.

Maybe not in yours, but in mine it does "

"

Can I throw a in too

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I've had more cancelled dates, than I've had successful ones - it happens to us women as well xxx

Can I throw a in too "

And in mine

Op I'm sorry about your experience but there will be more out there for you so keep on going and try to forget about this one

Sounds like the bus service round here always late or not stopping!

Cheer up op there will be another one along soon

I don't mind being cancelled on, but the nature of how it happened left a bad taste in the mouth. Still, you learn by experience

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

OP: that's damn annoying.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If you looked like your pictures I can't see any reason for it, she could of had a coffee and then made her excuses and left.

I'm sure others won't be so rude

I had 8 cancelled meets in one week, was pissed off at the time but it didn't last long

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Last week I arranged to meet a 'lady' from here for a coffee. Upon arriving I was told she was running late, fair enough. 10 minutes later I saw her approaching but to my horror she just blanked me. I susequently messaged and she told me she couldn't make the meeting. It was a horrible experience to make all the effort and journey to meet just to be treated like that.

Has anyone had a similar experience?"

Is she well verified or new?

You'll never know if she lost her nerve or if she recognised someone in the local vicinity and that put her off.

Hope it doesn't happen again

Thanks all. Welcome feedback.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

look in the bright side - she walked away. What if she'd run away?

Lol. It was a fast walk!

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

should have met at sprinkles mmmmmm yummy waffles

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"I've been cancelled on a few times but usually before the day of said meet, so no time really wasted, maybe she didn't like what she saw?m

Still if it was just a coffee she could of stayed and been polite instead of doing a runner. "

I quite agree,how childish!

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"Last week I arranged to meet a 'lady' from here for a coffee. Upon arriving I was told she was running late, fair enough. 10 minutes later I saw her approaching but to my horror she just blanked me. I susequently messaged and she told me she couldn't make the meeting. It was a horrible experience to make all the effort and journey to meet just to be treated like that.

I shall answer as if you were female:

What??? She walked right past you??? She must be certifiable, you're bloody gorgeous!!! Definitely her loss! These people spoil it for us genuine ones. Shame we're not closer, I wouldn't let you down.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

At least she turned up, sort of. I'm usually left sitting in a pub, waiting for a guy who had no intention of turning up. Luckily I carry my Kindle and enjoy drinking beer.

What??? She walked right past you??? She must be certifiable, you're bloody gorgeous!!! Definitely her loss! These people spoil it for us genuine ones. Shame we're not closer, I wouldn't let you down."

You now have to white knight every woman who has posted similar experiences on this post

That is harsh man what a biatch!!!

Leicester

What??? She walked right past you??? She must be certifiable, you're bloody gorgeous!!! Definitely her loss! These people spoil it for us genuine ones. Shame we're not closer, I wouldn't let you down.

You now have to white knight every woman who has posted similar experiences on this post "

Okay, I shall start with you...

Leicester

"At least she turned up, sort of. I'm usually left sitting in a pub, waiting for a guy who had no intention of turning up. Luckily I carry my Kindle and enjoy drinking beer."

I definitely wouldn't stand you up, you're too fuckable. Next time you're visiting Leicester let me know and I shall show you I'm a man of my word.

Leicester

I'll leave it there, I've looked where the others are and I rarely cross two county borders.

"At least she turned up, sort of. I'm usually left sitting in a pub, waiting for a guy who had no intention of turning up. Luckily I carry my Kindle and enjoy drinking beer.

I definitely wouldn't stand you up, you're too fuckable. Next time you're visiting Leicester let me know and I shall show you I'm a man of my word."

Heh!

Leicester

"At least she turned up, sort of. I'm usually left sitting in a pub, waiting for a guy who had no intention of turning up. Luckily I carry my Kindle and enjoy drinking beer.

I definitely wouldn't stand you up, you're too fuckable. Next time you're visiting Leicester let me know and I shall show you I'm a man of my word.

Heh!"

We've spoken under my first profile a couple years back, and exchanged private pics

If i ever have a dog I'm going to call it "experience".

"Bad! Experience!"

"No! Experience!"

"Good experience!"

Such fun!

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

I notice that you don't have swingers clubs on your profile.

Um...forgot what I was gonna say now...

I notice that you don't have swingers clubs on your profile.

Um...forgot what I was gonna say now...

"

Is there something further up I should read to understand what you are saying here?

I think she was married and as she walked in she spotted a friend of her husband's sitting behind you. Obviously she couldn't sit down and chat

I think it was rude. If she saw someone she recognised or whatever and that's why she couldn't stop, she could have just told you that in the message later. Chin up OP

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Wow that's pretty rude!

I'd try not to take it personally. Maybe she bottled it rather than it being about your appearance. Having a coffee with someone even if you don't want to take things further is the mannerly thing to do. Quite often there's no spark and that's okay but to look then leave is what I'd call a lucky escape... for you!

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.

It happens to all of us.if I'm meeting someone it's a chat on the phone before we meet. If they won't do that. No meet then. I have also found a way of finding out if some guys are pretending to be women.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

. These things can happy to everyone . At fab is Cyberland ,I would not spend to much time analysing the reasons for the change in decision.

You may never know the true reason as only she will know , forum members can only speculate .

Unless this happened at every meet , it is nothing to worry about .

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Still if it was just a coffee she could of stayed and been polite instead of doing a runner.

Be polite? Never happens in this world I'm afraid."

Actually it does. Ive done it myself and know plenty of others (male, female and couples) that have done it too

My guess would be that she spotted someone she knew although she could have messaged to explain.

Whenever I meet a guy got a coffee social I always hush him if he speaks to loudly about anything that alludes to it being the first time we've met. I like to look as if I know him and not meeting someone.

Maybe I just live in the wrong area of the country lol. Thanks all

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

That's just damn rude! Even if I decided a social meet didn't tickle my pickle, I'd honour the social and maybe make a new friend.

Don't sweat it OP. If she didn't have the manners to acknowledge you, just think how selfish she would have been in the sack.

"At least she turned up, sort of. I'm usually left sitting in a pub, waiting for a guy who had no intention of turning up. Luckily I carry my Kindle and enjoy drinking beer."

In the early days of my singing adventure I was left sat in a pub waiting like a lemon, but having learnt from that I now ask to meet in the car park, that way if I am stood up only I am aware of it and not the whole pub!!

In the early days of my singing adventure I was left sat in a pub waiting like a lemon, but having learnt from that I now ask to meet in the car park, that way if I am stood up only I am aware of it and not the whole pub!! "

Yeah I actually meet in the car park as well before actually walking with the person to the coffee shop. If he (or we) don't like the look of each other can always go through the drive through and get my hot chocolate to go.

Be polite? Never happens in this world I'm afraid."

I actually did this. Turned up, saw what he actually looked like. Which was nothing like his pics. I wanted to turn around and leave but I stayed and quickly drank my coffee. I felt uncomfortable and let down. Let down because this site is all about meeting people. So the important thing is to always have recent pics on your profile! Not of what you looked like in your younger days

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

I thought it was all about personalities on this site ....its what is on the inside etc

Even if I'm not attracted to the person sexually, I will always have a drink with them.

There's usually something I can find to talk about.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"I thought it was all about personalities on this site ....its what is on the inside etc "

Erm...no

Sorry to hear that OP, I haven't had enough meets for that to happen unfortunately. Don't let it haunt you, its past now, look forward to your next one.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Even if I'm not attracted to the person sexually, I will always have a drink with them.

There's usually something I can find to talk about."

Same here

Can't be as bad as a meet I had last year from pof. Lovely guy arranged to meet him by the services so we could grab a coffee, on my drive to meet him the army guy that's I'd been dating messaged me to say that he wouldn't be contacting me when he got back and that we should leave it there. It was my time of the month as well and I burst out crying. Met this other guy who came and sat in the passenger side of my car and asked if I was ok and you know what it's like if someone asks you if you're ok when you're already upset, I fucking burst out crying again which the more I tried to stop it it turned to uncontrollable sobs! I just said I to him I have to go home!

Maybe not in yours, but in mine it does "

and in mine

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

[Removed by poster at 12/12/15 21:36:03]

gosport ish

Maybe I should put my side of this story up on the public forum!

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

Has anyone had a similar experience?Maybe I should put my side of this story up on the public forum! "

I'm sure we would be interested to hear it...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Horrible for you

gosport ish

Has anyone had a similar experience?Maybe I should put my side of this story up on the public forum!

I'm sure we would be interested to hear it..."

No. The forums are not used for airing dirty laundry and you've all sat in judgement not knowing the full facts as per............

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Has anyone had a similar experience?Maybe I should put my side of this story up on the public forum! "

Are you the woman who walked on by????

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Has anyone had a similar experience?Maybe I should put my side of this story up on the public forum!

I'm sure we would be interested to hear it... No. The forums are not used for airing dirty laundry and you've all sat in judgement not knowing the full facts as per............ "

I think most people related to when this may have happened to them, rather than judge the other nameless person ... if I were you I wouldn't worry about it

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

and in mine "

Mine too

Are you the woman who walked on by????"

looks like she could be and she has a valid point regardless if she is that lady or not we have prejudged her

gosport ish

I was the lady yes, I didn't walk by he assumed it was me I was elsewhere which he was informed of in plenty of time

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

It would be healthy for her to walk for an hour every day. In a year she would be a thousand miles out to see.

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Are you the woman who walked on by???? I was the lady yes, I didn't walk by he assumed it was me I was elsewhere which he was informed of in plenty of time"

oh dear 2 sides to every story, and a perfect example of why dirty laundry shouldn't be aired in public.