FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snowboarding and other extreme sports

Snowboarding and other extreme sports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wondered if there are people on this site that participate in sports like that? I snowboard and started to learn to wakeboard. Just wondering if there are anyone else with similar intrests

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Every time I go skiing, I rent a snowboard and boots for a couple of days. I've never gotten good at it despite taking lessons and trying regularly. I'll stick to skiing.

Snowboarding is on my 'want to try' list!

Been skydiving and loved that! Would love to do it again but it's very expensive!

How about camping???

"Snowboarding is on my 'want to try' list!

Been skydiving and loved that! Would love to do it again but it's very expensive! "

I learnt to snowboard at the Chillfactore by the Trafford Centre, cheaper than going way, not as much fun though. You can't beat some fresh powder on a blue bird day.

Oh and Airkix the indoor sky diving place is next door, that's not bad either.

Been skydiving and loved that! Would love to do it again but it's very expensive!

I learnt to snowboard at the Chillfactore by the Trafford Centre, cheaper than going way, not as much fun though. You can't beat some fresh powder on a blue bird day.

Oh and Airkix the indoor sky diving place is next door, that's not bad either. "

Thanks for the info Hun!

Well anything camping moutain climbing /biking just wondered the type of site this is would attract people who like a bit of adventure and adrenalin rushes haha

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Thanks for the info Hun! "

Can definitely recommend Airkix, loved it so much am doing a tandem jump next year (f)

Have just applied for a parachute course through work

Been skydiving and loved that! Would love to do it again but it's very expensive! "

Sky diving is on my to do list done a bungee jump and a scad (not scat) dive both fun

Thanks for the info Hun!

Was at chill today it got me wondering haha still need to have a go of the airkix place

Can definitely recommend Airkix, loved it so much am doing a tandem jump next year (f)

"

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Wondered if there are people on this site that participate in sports like that? I snowboard and started to learn to wakeboard. Just wondering if there are anyone else with similar intrests "

Don`t take part but, I love to see it on the telly but I do wish it would have it`s own programme and not be lumped in with Ski Sunday! I`m not saying it spoils Ski Sunday, just saying it needs and deserves to have it`s own spot in the tv schedules!

Have done caving, abseiling, rock climbing...gorge walking is fun.

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Been skiing since I was little and love it so much! Can't wait for C to learn then I can take him

I've had one boarding lesson which was pretty fun but it's definitely weird having both legs strapped together!

By *b coupleCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"Wondered if there are people on this site that participate in sports like that? I snowboard and started to learn to wakeboard. Just wondering if there are anyone else with similar intrests "

Holy shit!

I was just about to post a topic on snowboarding, to see if there was any fellow boarders on here.

Going vinterpark, Oslo on Jan 26th gonna hit that Olympic size super pipe

"Wondered if there are people on this site that participate in sports like that? I snowboard and started to learn to wakeboard. Just wondering if there are anyone else with similar intrests

Holy shit!

I was just about to post a topic on snowboarding, to see if there was any fellow boarders on here. Great minds eh must be decebt to hit a superpipe ruined my foot hitting a jump in park city so stay away from style now haha

Going vinterpark, Oslo on Jan 26th gonna hit that Olympic size super pipe "

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Been skiing since I was little and love it so much! Can't wait for C to learn then I can take him

I've had one boarding lesson which was pretty fun but it's definitely weird having both legs strapped together!"

Now you would be a lovely couple to be away in the snow with

In the alps for Xmas xx

As for op if you board then wake is just a natural progression I'd recommend cable than boat unless you are very wealthy , try 10 feet high Sheffield

Of course then you will want to kite surf xx

Thanks for the info Hun!

"

Might be fun to have a fab social at airkix! Makes a change from a pub or club! X

I ski and up until my early thirties surfed; something I intend to pick up again at Surf Snowdonia next year

By *lashheartMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

Snowboard mountain bike and surf (fall off)

Been scuba kayak and white water rafting too.

Desperate to sky dive this coming summer

By *b coupleCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"Snowboard mountain bike and surf (fall off)

Been scuba kayak and white water rafting too.

Desperate to sky dive this coming summer "

The wife's doing a tandem jump for charity. Lucky cow lol

Is snowboarding really extreme?

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Is snowboarding really extreme?"

Try waterboarding.

That's extreme!

"Well anything camping moutain climbing /biking just wondered the type of site this is would attract people who like a bit of adventure and adrenalin rushes haha"

Army, boxing, mma, Krav, western style streetfighting, close protection, doors, free climbing, free fall parachutist, big sports bike rider, endurance athlete so just a bit lol.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

I (LB) used to surf and currently do a bit of landboarding and mountain biking with the nipper...P does a lot of sofa surfing lol.

"Is snowboarding really extreme?

Try waterboarding.

That's extreme!

"

I hear it's overrated myself!

Can something be called extreme, if it's done by tens of thousands including toddlers

ashby de la zouch

Try waterboarding.

That's extreme!

Can something be called extreme, if it's done by tens of thousands including toddlers "

You are aware that snowboarding covers a whole range of venues and terrains?

Yes I think riding back country on slopes more than 50 degrees rather extreme

I also think most snow park riders just as skate park riders are fairly robust and used to nasty falls xx

Just like , is flying a kite extreme ? Yes when it's 9 square metre in a 30 mph wind riding 2 metre waves

Xx

Climbed all over the place. Done some bloody hard scarey routes I wouldn't do again

"Is snowboarding really extreme?"

Same as a lot of sports it's how far you take it.

I've heard people say they are climbers who make out its really extreme.I've not let on I am and asked how hard they climb. Turns out my Mrs who came now and then climbed harder. So at some levels climbing is a walk in the park extreme.at others it's a fine line between home for tea or a trip to the morgue

I'd love to snowboard, not so much interest in skiing but I'd try it, and I want to skydive. Signed up for a few obstacle/mud runs next year.

ashby de la zouch

I have tried not to be competitive with my activities, it's me vs me or me working with nature

Metaphorically, for a beginner climbing a curb is until that moment the hardest and most scary thing they have done and although to others it's easy I always respect that they have overcome what is for them a significant challenge

It could also be articulated that the beginners of any potentially dangerous activity are equally as extreme as those more experienced as usually we fall more and often quite painfully

Try waterboarding.

That's extreme!

Can something be called extreme, if it's done by tens of thousands including toddlers

You are aware that snowboarding covers a whole range of venues and terrains?

Yes I think riding back country on slopes more than 50 degrees rather extreme

I also think most snow park riders just as skate park riders are fairly robust and used to nasty falls xx

Just like , is flying a kite extreme ? Yes when it's 9 square metre in a 30 mph wind riding 2 metre waves

Xx"

Ahh so extreme sports is just sorts but done dangerously!.

I once did extreme tea drinking, 36 cups in one day!!.

I could go anywhere near a pin or... Pop

» Add a new message to this topic