FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What type of threads are permitted?

What type of threads are permitted?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My understanding of "the lounge" is for general chat and discussion. Can someone please correct me if i am wrong?

Yet more and more posters seem to be objecting to threads people have put up. If they are not allowed in here why haven't they been removed?

Mina xxx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anything goes in the Lounge as far as I am aware.

If peeps do not like the subject matter, they do not have to read or participate in the thread, and move on without moaning/groaning/complaining about it, IMHO!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

you can post whatever you want to

some peoplget fed up with repeat threads and will 'direct' OP's to the search function on the left of the screen but there arent really any rules on what you can and cannot post

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Because in here, objecting to things is more popular than anything except breathing.

It's a shame, it's sad, it's not benefiting anyone.

But that's the way it is.

A bit like Shane Warne Shagging Liz Hurley.

"you can post whatever you want to

some peoplget fed up with repeat threads and will 'direct' OP's to the search function on the left of the screen but there arent really any rules on what you can and cannot post"

well there are two book threads running at the same time on here, is that what you mean? Mina xxx

oh people will always moan about something

theres so many things you not 'allowed' to talk about on here and heaven forbit if you post asking a question thats already been asked before, infact we shouldnt post at all your supposed to just search what your after the question for via old thread, so may as well shut the forums down lol

some peoplget fed up with repeat threads and will 'direct' OP's to the search function on the left of the screen but there arent really any rules on what you can and cannot postwell there are two book threads running at the same time on here, is that what you mean? Mina xxx"

i think they're different....one is about favourite books the other is asking what you are reading now

evesham

some peoplget fed up with repeat threads and will 'direct' OP's to the search function on the left of the screen but there arent really any rules on what you can and cannot postwell there are two book threads running at the same time on here, is that what you mean? Mina xxx"

kind of but not really lol

repeat threads that get the old 's going are ones such as 'why cant i geta meet' 'i'm a straight guy but guys keep messaging me offering to suck my cock' etc etc

By *ouch PotatoMan  over a year ago

nationwide.

You can put non offensive things but if the high and mighty self proclaimed intellect forum clique don't like it you will get moans and moans about it.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"My understanding of "the lounge" is for general chat and discussion. Can someone please correct me if i am wrong?

Yet more and more posters seem to be objecting to threads people have put up. If they are not allowed in here why haven't they been removed?

Mina xxx

"

Seems like I have missed an eventful night ( not read the forums yet) I am glad we went out

No, you are not wrong, any subject is normally ok ( barring anything illegal or extreme taboo)

By *acquiesubWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

"Because in here, objecting to things is more popular than anything except breathing.

It's a shame, it's sad, it's not benefiting anyone.

But that's the way it is.

A bit like Shane Warne Shagging Liz

here here... well saidHurley."

some peoplget fed up with repeat threads and will 'direct' OP's to the search function on the left of the screen but there arent really any rules on what you can and cannot postwell there are two book threads running at the same time on here, is that what you mean? Mina xxx

i think they're different....one is about favourite books the other is asking what you are reading now "

But still about books, each single male is an individual so why are those threads classed as the same and book threads are not? Exempt? Why? Mina xxx

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"You can put non offensive things but if the high and mighty self proclaimed intellect forum clique don't like it you will get moans and moans about it. "

Can you expand on who the clique actually are please?

People keep posting about it but don't actually say who the members are!

you can post what you like, if people read it and dont like the thread be an adult and move along quiertly

it really annoys me when people attack OPs for their threads, moaning they post to much, for asking something thats already been asked, attacking their profile etc, and it always seems to be the same people why seem to 'police' the forums

ffs get a life

I think some people just feel the need to reply to everything and if they have nothing to say about whats being talked about they will just find anything so they can get their word in lol

nationwide.

"You can put non offensive things but if the high and mighty self proclaimed intellect forum clique don't like it you will get moans and moans about it.

People keep posting about it but don't actually say who the members are! "

I would but then i would be breaking forum rules as your not allowed to name people so its pointless to ask in the first place as surely you already knew this.

evesham

"You can put non offensive things but if the high and mighty self proclaimed intellect forum clique don't like it you will get moans and moans about it.

tsk - you shuld know by now you cant name and shame

thats why crying clique is the ultimate for those feeling hard done by and left out lol they can say they were a victim of teh clique but can say who it was

birmingham

people keep saying "CLIQUE" but what I think they actually mean is the regular posters. The ones who comment most days on most forums. Want to know who they are look at about 5 forums and if they are in 4 out of 5 that's them!!!! lol

evesham

see!!! see!!! my point was actually made for me

Publish and be damned.

Tayside

I would but then i would be breaking forum rules as your not allowed to name people so its pointless to ask in the first place as surely you already knew this."

I am new here in the forums and was just wondering, that's all

So certain people are allowed to put up repeat threads and others aren't? I am puzzled now. Mina xxx

nationwide.

"Publish and be damned."

Its banned not damned as surely you know.

FFS!

Just because peeps who like to frequent the forums does not make them part of a clique!

evesham

"So certain people are allowed to put up repeat threads and others aren't? I am puzzled now. Mina xxx"

anyone can post repeat threads lol just be prepared for people to go

nationwide.

"So certain people are allowed to put up repeat threads and others aren't? I am puzzled now. Mina xxx"

The clique are. They send personal messages and debate what topics should go up and vote on it. If you want to put a thread up then you will have to submit it to the clique committee for approval, Did you not do that before putting this thread up?

i agree with the concept excluding one point...you're doing exactly what you are accusing others of, of attempting to silence someone.

you have a right to open a thread...people have a right to comment...people have a right to object....it's an open public forum...

why let it sweat you?

if you don't like what's being said, comment or ignore

"Publish and be damned.

Its banned not damned as surely you know."

"So certain people are allowed to put up repeat threads and others aren't? I am puzzled now. Mina xxx

The clique are. They send personal messages and debate what topics should go up and vote on it. If you want to put a thread up then you will have to submit it to the clique committee for approval, Did you not do that before putting this thread up? "

No!! Was i supposed to? I am sorry i haven't done that before. Mina xxx

nationwide.

"i agree with the concept excluding one point...you're doing exactly what you are accusing others of, of attempting to silence someone.

you have a right to open a thread...people have a right to comment...people have a right to object....it's an open public forum...

why let it sweat you?

"

Who me?

Edinburgh

Pretty sure you're in the clique.

Me too.

Despite the fact we don't know each other.

And have never met.

And are simply two people who post on the forums.

Once, we both had to put up our first post.

We 'contributed' to the forum.

Not in a big way, maybe a gag, or a well though out comment.

And, gradually, we posted to more threads.

Things which were of interest to us or we had knowledge or an opinion on.

Sometimes people agreed with us.

A lot of the time (personally) people didnt.

I even remember, vaguely, the two of us getting into a pissing contest over something or other.

I thought you were being a bit of a twat, frankly.

But i have no doubt that you thought the same about me.

And we were probaly both half right.

But we contribute to the forums.

Openly.

Honestly.

Sometimes controversially.

And in my cae, usually with some cutting wit and great humour.

But we're a 'clique' dontcha know?

Controlling the forums like mighty colossus.

Look at us, eh?

We should delete our profile pics and just make snide remarks from the sidelines.

SO much easier.

evesham

"So certain people are allowed to put up repeat threads and others aren't? I am puzzled now. Mina xxx

The clique are. They send personal messages and debate what topics should go up and vote on it. If you want to put a thread up then you will have to submit it to the clique committee for approval, Did you not do that before putting this thread up? "

you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this 'clique' are you a clique mole??

"i agree with the concept excluding one point...you're doing exactly what you are accusing others of, of attempting to silence someone.

why let it sweat you?

"

Well if i am doing what you say then shouldn't i fit in well? Mina xxx

nationwide.

The clique are. They send personal messages and debate what topics should go up and vote on it. If you want to put a thread up then you will have to submit it to the clique committee for approval, Did you not do that before putting this thread up? No!! Was i supposed to? I am sorry i haven't done that before. Mina xxx"

You will be sent to Coventry if the Clique committee decide that's your fate and Coventry isn't a nice place!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

oh fgs, can't we have one day without the whole troll thing and cliques.....it is getting really boring

birmingham

"FFS!

Just because peeps who like to frequent the forums does not make them part of a clique!

"

my point exactly, ty, but that's what is said

When was the last time you started a thread?

nationwide.

"oh fgs, can't we have one day without the whole troll thing and cliques.....it is getting really boring "

So is talking about cliques a taboo subject and not allowed?

why let it sweat you?

Well if i am doing what you say then shouldn't i fit in well? Mina xxx"

i thought you already did xx (in a non-controversial way!)

birmingham

now you are asking for trouble!

"oh fgs, can't we have one day without the whole troll thing and cliques.....it is getting really boring "
I apologise, i asked, what seemed a sensible question that i wanted to know the answer to. I read in a post something about the "wrong type of thread". Mina xxx

nationwide.

The clique are. They send personal messages and debate what topics should go up and vote on it. If you want to put a thread up then you will have to submit it to the clique committee for approval, Did you not do that before putting this thread up?

When was the last time you started a thread? "

I haven't as i dont know which member of the committee deals with new threads.

nationwide.

now you are asking for trouble! "

Is trouble on the committee then? What is his position?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"oh fgs, can't we have one day without the whole troll thing and cliques.....it is getting really boring I apologise, i asked, what seemed a sensible question that i wanted to know the answer to. I read in a post something about the "wrong type of thread". Mina xxx"

You didn't mention cliques x

birmingham

Me too.

And have never met.

I even remember, vaguely, the two of us getting into a pissing contest over something or other.

Openly.

Honestly.

Look at us, eh?

We should delete our profile pics and just make snide remarks from the sidelines.

SO much easier.

"

Edinburgh

The point is that whether there's a 'clique' or not, anyone can post on the forums, and nobody can stop them.

Any 'clique' is percieved rather than real.

And anyone who posts good, funny, insightful, posts gets response.

And as a retunree to the forums after a while, it's galling to see the same petty mindedness of some people.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna meet people for sex? Do it.

You wanna whine? Woteva!

But Jesus, either have something to add, or don't bother.

"I haven't as i dont know which member of the committee deals with new threads. "

I suggest you start a new thread without bothering to run it pass the so-called committee, and you'll find it is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Why? Because no such committee exists! FFS!

"oh fgs, can't we have one day without the whole troll thing and cliques.....it is getting really boring I apologise, i asked, what seemed a sensible question that i wanted to know the answer to. I read in a post something about the "wrong type of thread". Mina xxx

You didn't mention cliques x"

I thought you meant me, i am puzzled as one person says one thing, and means another thing. I wish i had never asked the question now. Mina xxx

Tayside

Me too.

And have never met.

Openly.

Honestly.

Look at us, eh?

SO much easier."

Bugger me gently - not literally though but I agreed with all you typed there!

So I am a member of the "forum clique"

Well done me!

"The point is that whether there's a 'clique' or not, anyone can post on the forums, and nobody can stop them.

And as a retunree to the forums after a while, it's galling to see the same petty mindedness of some people.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

"

I find that very aggressive, i asked a simple question.

nationwide.

"The point is that whether there's a 'clique' or not, anyone can post on the forums, and nobody can stop them.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

"

So i take it you don't think i have anything to add then?

As for the ****** i won't mention the word it is alive and breathing.

Edinburgh

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

I find that very aggressive, i asked a simple question."

It wasnt directed at you.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

It wasnt directed at you."

Non the less aggressive.

Straight talkers beware and behave, or we'll be labelled as being too assertive to the point of being aggressive!

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

It wasnt directed at you.Non the less aggressive. "

i want to support your argument...but you're opposing someone having a personal opinion here?!

nationwide.

"Straight talkers beware and behave, or we'll be labelled as being too assertive to the point of being aggressive!

"

Or you could say if your accused of being aggressive pass it off as strait talking. The coin always has 2 sides.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

It wasnt directed at you.Non the less aggressive.

i want to support your argument...but you're opposing someone having a personal opinion here?!

"

He didn't deny the aggression, you can express an opinion without aggression, so why defend aggression?

"Or you could say if your accused of being aggressive pass it off as strait talking. The coin always has 2 sides. "

Yes, and those who cannot win an argument would always cry "victum"!

nationwide.

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

He didn't deny the aggression, you can express an opinion without aggression, so why defend aggression?"

The aggregation was directed at me because i disclosed the existence of the ******! A serious offence as it has to remain a secret.

Edinburgh

And here, is a precis of 'Couch Potato's

posts on this thread.

A serious contribution to the forum, or a person with a grudge?

You choose;

I would but then i would be breaking forum rules as your not allowed to name people so its pointless to ask in the first place as surely you already knew this.

You will be sent to Coventry if the Clique committee decide that's your fate and Coventry isn't a nice place

haven't as i dont know which member of the committee deals with new threads.

Or you could say if your accused of being aggressive pass it off as strait talking. The coin always has 2 sides."

It's been a good night on the forums, some good laughs, top comments, and serious threads like the two 'book' ones still going strong and loads of people contributing.

But then I would say that, I control the clique...

I am sorry if i have asked the wrong question or started a wrong thread. Goodnight, i hope you all sleep well. Mina xxx

nationwide.

"Or you could say if your accused of being aggressive pass it off as strait talking. The coin always has 2 sides.

Yes, and those who cannot win an argument would always cry "victum"! "

Its the first time i have seen that word in this thread ****** is a reference to the ........well the people who run things.

"

He didn't deny the aggression, you can express an opinion without aggression, so why defend aggression?"

there was no aggression...in fact, he seemed to support your point that anyone can and should post if they want?!

"But then I would say that, I control the clique...

"

I bow to the master!

Tayside

You wanna post?

Post!

You wanna whine? Woteva!

He didn't deny the aggression, you can express an opinion without aggression, so why defend aggression?

The aggregation was directed at me because i disclosed the existence of the ******! A serious offence as it has to remain a secret. "

This really is getting funny - to the OP thanks for starting this thread it has given me a good giggle before bed!

nationwide.

"And here, is a precis of 'Couch Potato's

posts on this thread.

A serious contribution to the forum, or a person with a grudge?

You choose;

You will be sent to Coventry if the Clique committee decide that's your fate and Coventry isn't a nice place

haven't as i dont know which member of the committee deals with new threads.

Or you could say if your accused of being aggressive pass it off as strait talking. The coin always has 2 sides."

It's been a good night on the forums, some good laughs, top comments, and serious threads like the two 'book' ones still going strong and loads of people contributing.

But then I would say that, I control the clique...

"

Why direct a personal attack on me and actually name me and try and discredit me?

Edinburgh

"This really is getting funny - to the OP thanks for starting this thread it has given me a good giggle before bed! "

Phone me later for a quick 'clique' chat, we need to nip this kind of thing in the bud...

Edinburgh

Why do you percieve it as a personal attack on you?

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

As some of the users on a forum I run would say...

internets... serious bizness!

Tayside

"This really is getting funny - to the OP thanks for starting this thread it has given me a good giggle before bed!

Phone me later for a quick 'clique' chat, we need to nip this kind of thing in the bud..."

OK will do..... Conference call again?

I'm sure the other members will want to see what we can do about the rabble thinking they can post what they like!

nationwide.

"This really is getting funny - to the OP thanks for starting this thread it has given me a good giggle before bed!

Phone me later for a quick 'clique' chat, we need to nip this kind of thing in the bud..."

You see that's precisely the attitude that dissuades people from posting who are not regulars. Its insular and quite frankly rude. I pity people having to work with you as it can't be easy.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Angostura anyone?!

*flicks the lights on and runs away*

Edinburgh

Phone me later for a quick 'clique' chat, we need to nip this kind of thing in the bud...

You see that's precisely the attitude that dissuades people from posting who are not regulars. Its insular and quite frankly rude. I pity people having to work with you as it can't be easy. "

Question for you.

Have you posted any other comments on any other thread on any other topic tonight?

Or, are you a bit pissed, home from the pub, and in a bit of a mood?

Answer honestly.

Please.

nationwide.

"Why do you percieve it as a personal attack on you?

"

Because that's the way you formatted your post and it was aimed at me in a manner to discredit.

Edinburgh

And my two questions above?

Honestly?

"And my two questions above?

Honestly?"

little green arrow will answer one of your questions....you should know...master

Edinburgh

Honestly?

little green arrow will answer one of your questions....you should know...master"

Like I hadn't checked first Grasshopper...

nationwide.

You see that's precisely the attitude that dissuades people from posting who are not regulars. Its insular and quite frankly rude. I pity people having to work with you as it can't be easy.

Question for you.

Have you posted any other comments on any other thread on any other topic tonight?

Or, are you a bit pissed, home from the pub, and in a bit of a mood?

Answer honestly.

Please. "

Am I not allowed to post on a select number of threads if others are not to my taste?

Am I not allowed to keep my personal movements to my self?

Are you further trying to discredit me by insinuating i have been drinking and am in a bit of a mood.

Facts wise i believe there is a clique on here and the fact it was jumped upon and efforts were made to discredit my opinion add weight to its existence. You need to remember clique or not i am entitled to my opinion without people trying to insinuate i have been drinking.

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 09/01/11 01:01:11]

Does anyone in here want a non sexual hug?...the mood is gloomy

nationwide.

Honestly?"

So answer mine as i did yours. What gives you the right to insinuate i have been drinking?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

*sigh*

Think this has run its course.

"Does anyone in here want a non sexual hug?...the mood is gloomy "

sex or nothing for me!

Edinburgh

"Am I not allowed to post on a select number of threads if others are not to my taste?

Am I not allowed to keep my personal movements to my self?

Are you further trying to discredit me by insinuating i have been drinking and am in a bit of a mood.

Facts wise i believe there is a clique on here and the fact it was jumped upon and efforts were made to discredit my opinion add weight to its existence. You need to remember clique or not i am entitled to my opinion without people trying to insinuate i have been drinking.

"

"facts wise i believe there is a clique"

Is a contradiction in terms.

It's either a fact, or it's not.

It's a belief, or it's not.

It cannot be both.

You and I both know that you are a blank man hiding behind a false profile and that you have made no meanigful contribution to the forums in the last ten weeks.

Yet you think it's funny to come in here after midinght and try and stir up trouble.

Your attitude, care of phrasing, and accusatory nature means it's obvious you've been here before and know how it works.

Don't get me wrong, it wasnt a bad attempt.

But then again, it wasnt that good.

You went defensive and played the 'see, they're all out to get me' card too soon.

Rest the profile for a while, use one of your other ones.

Come back in a few weeks and try again.

*fail*

*epic fail*