FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Phobias...

Phobias...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do you have one?

Have you ever had one?

What is it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i'm allergic to men that wear white terry towelling socks....they make me itch.

at least, i think it's the socks

Edinburgh

Harsh!

On your skin I mean!

Circus clowns, had had this phobia ever since I was very little and my parents took me to the circus. I was terrified when the clowns stuck to the ring, but when they came out into the audience, I promptly lost control of my bodily functions and had to be taken home.

Im ok if I see a clown in the distance, not that you do of course, but a carnival etc. I get a bit flustered but I can deal with it. If a clown was ever to come up behind me and catch me unawares then Id have a heart attack I think. good job clowns arent regular shoppers isnt it. I dont like looking at the walls of Macdonalds either.

I am allergic to the sound of the vacuum cleaner!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Heights.

Edinburgh

"Heights."

I'm not that good with heights either, I was in Bristol not that long ago and I couldn't make myself walk over the bridge. Shame cause I bet the _iew was lovely but I just couldn't do it.

(Shall me make it a small mountain?!)

Although I wouldn't consider it a phobia having suffered one and been cured. It gives me issues but not every slightly close to the scale I used to have.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Hotel balconies freak me out.

ok on a mountain tho.

Pregnancy. Could barely be around a couple of my friends when they were..... ick

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

not a phobia as such but the sound of people brushing their teeth makes my back go all funny

ok with the noise of me brushing mine though lol

"Circus clowns, had had this phobia ever since I was very little and my parents took me to the circus. I was terrified when the clowns stuck to the ring, but when they came out into the audience, I promptly lost control of my bodily functions and had to be taken home.

Im ok if I see a clown in the distance, not that you do of course, but a carnival etc. I get a bit flustered but I can deal with it. If a clown was ever to come up behind me and catch me unawares then Id have a heart attack I think. good job clowns arent regular shoppers isnt it. I dont like looking at the walls of Macdonalds either. "

Laughed like Hell at your circus exploits.

Trace is the same too, its called coulrophobia, she hates them.

It stems from a biscuit tin her mother had when Trace was a child.

It had a Pierrot clown on the lid with a sinister smile, it gave her nightmares.

Just this morning her sister text her to say the tin had gone to the recyclers.

Trace was over the moon.

Don't get it myself though!

XXXX

Spiders

[Removed by poster at 08/01/11 22:37:57]

Clowns look pervy dont they, they look like child molesters (no offence to anyone who is a circus clown on here). I dont like balloons either, only because of the association with clowns.

I went to see Slipknot with my son and was quite scared. I accepted that a band member wore a clown mask, I was ready for it and he was on stage and therefore nowhere near me. I didnt account for certain fans wearing clown masks in the audience

"Circus clowns, had had this phobia ever since I was very little and my parents took me to the circus. I was terrified when the clowns stuck to the ring, but when they came out into the audience, I promptly lost control of my bodily functions and had to be taken home.

Im ok if I see a clown in the distance, not that you do of course, but a carnival etc. I get a bit flustered but I can deal with it. If a clown was ever to come up behind me and catch me unawares then Id have a heart attack I think. good job clowns arent regular shoppers isnt it. I dont like looking at the walls of Macdonalds either. "

circus clowns and those plaster masks that folk used to adorn their walls with...just wrong and designed to make every child cry

Ballons, hate them, make my skin crawl.

Snakes, my neighbour has 1, I have nightmares about it escaping, and me waking up next to it.

My feet being off the ground, so I dont like ladders or swings, tried the sex swing recently, the second my feet left the ground, i freaked out.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Clowns look pervy dont they, they look like child molesters (no offence to anyone who is a circus clown on here). I dont like balloons either, only because of the association with clowns.

I went to see Slipknot with my son and was quite scared. I accepted that a band member wore a clown mask, I was ready for it and he was on stage and therefore nowhere near me. I didnt account for certain fans wearing clown masks in the audience "

Nearly fell off my seat whilst speed reading your post.

Just for a second i thought it said 'no offence to anyone who is a child molester'!!!!

Edinburgh

"Clowns look pervy dont they, they look like child molesters (no offence to anyone who is a circus clown on here). I dont like balloons either, only because of the association with clowns.

I went to see Slipknot with my son and was quite scared. I accepted that a band member wore a clown mask, I was ready for it and he was on stage and therefore nowhere near me. I didnt account for certain fans wearing clown masks in the audience "

Oh god!! Now I'm slightly concerned. I work for an events company (I'm sure I posted about this somewhere) and I was doing a fun day with a circus theme so dressed up as a clown, worryingly getting the whole outfit, other than the nose, from my own wardrobe. I'd like to think that I didn't look like a child molester!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I don`t like heights either. My primary school went to London and we went up the Monument for the Great Fire. I was fine until I looked through the railings at the top .....

Snakes and fish make my skin crawl too although I`m fine with dolphins!

Needless to say that Jaws isn`t very high on my list of favourite films!

the touch of dry foam/spunge really freaks me out. when i even was thinking about it when the question was asked my skin began to crawl

Toe nails just the thought of them been touched freaks me out

you know those little drains outside your kitchen? the ones the sink and washing machine drain into? I'm scared of those.

When I was about 4 I put my hand down one to retrieve something I had dropped down it and badly cut my finger on something

Can't even look at em

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

must admit I always thought people with phobias were attention seekers until I realised I had one myself - a few years ago we went to a snake charmer show with the kids, brain tells me that the snakes have been 'de-poisoned' but my body wouldn't accept it and there was I a grown man in a cold sweat and passing out!!!

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

Snakes - I have a totally irrational fear of them, they scare the shit out of me, I can't even look at them on tv. Remember running screaming out of school once when the animal people brought a python in. And out of a pub once (a very strange pub in high wycombe) when a bloke pulled a snake out of his jacket pocket and put it on the bar. A bloke used to take his pet fox to the same pub...

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

yep, exactly the same - can watch snakes on telly but am very uncomfortable and get all clammy. Went on a meet once where they had snakes in tanks in the living room, I spent most of the time in the kitchen

Some people say thay are scare of snakes, hope that does not mean "trouser snakes" too.

Spiders, can't stand them, can't even get close enough to get rid of them. Only problem with living alone!!

Spiders and Wasps... Eugh ....

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Failure

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 09/01/11 15:31:18]

Edinburgh

This was exactly my problem. I was having panic attacks and generally it took over my life. It's one of the easiest phobias to cure though and I've since held Rosie the tarantula and now I can deal with it like a rational adult. Well worth doing! I should have done it years ago.

Forum Mod

I don't think I have any phobias that would stop me doing everyday things,if anything probably a bit of claustrophobia......I would'nt ever choose to go potholing

I have been thinking about this post since the early hours of this morning wondering whether I can type what my fobia is.

Just because the mere thought of it gives me the willies. I've now come to the conclusion though that it should be less worrying to just post it and stop thinking about it.

Closed shower curtains even when it's me in the shower

Edinburgh

Phobias aren't rational. You can't help it. But you can get help for it. If you want to. I never thought I'd be able to and trust me, it took me a long time to deal with it. It seemed to get worse as I got older and the straw that snapped was when I turned up at my neighbour's door and I think he thought I'd been mugged I was in such a state. He helped me and then popped in the next day to check I was okay but at that point I knew I had to do something about it so I went to see my doctor and they referred me to a psychologist. Cured 8 weeks later. Best thing I've ever done.

just the thing then Dirty but soz your balls must be bigger than minecoz i still dont think i could get over it .. poss wasps .. but the 8 legged things i shall not speak the name of .... no way ...eeek !!!

Edinburgh

Not the first time I've been told I have balls!

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Heights."

me to but only if behind me i can only absail forwards strange ????

I have OC/DC. It's just like OCD except it fucking rocks.

By *randmrssmithMan  over a year ago

london

mice and rats i freak out if i see them.....

Claustrophobia but only mildly. ie; busy pubs (struggle to speak), small rooms (must leave door open), lifts (will usee stairs if not too many floors.

Was once in a lift with carol vorderman. When i got in she was standing beside the floor numbers buttons and she asked, "Which floor?" I replied, "I'll have one from the top, one from the bottom and four from anywhere else please!"

Sorry couldnt resist.

When i got to my room i had one hell off a good masterbating session. Shame it only lasted about two minutes.

Cotton wool, the feel of it.

AAARRRGGHHHH.

mine is bovineaphobia (fear of cows)

Not bothered about bulls but you wouldn't get me in the same field as a cow

Tony

Dont like heights and dont like crawly things ...spiders etc.

"Snakes - I have a totally irrational fear of them, they scare the shit out of me, I can't even look at them on tv. Remember running screaming out of school once when the animal people brought a python in. And out of a pub once (a very strange pub in high wycombe) when a bloke pulled a snake out of his jacket pocket and put it on the bar. A bloke used to take his pet fox to the same pub... "
omg id have legged it, i cant even look at a pic of them im that bad

"Snakes - I have a totally irrational fear of them, they scare the shit out of me, I can't even look at them on tv. Remember running screaming out of school once when the animal people brought a python in. And out of a pub once (a very strange pub in high wycombe) when a bloke pulled a snake out of his jacket pocket and put it on the bar. A bloke used to take his pet fox to the same pub... "

Glad it's not just me like this, nearly got run over in Blackpool as there is a guy there has a huge snake that he takes pictures of people holding and was strolling up the road with it round his neck, as soon as I spotted them I quickly walked straight into the road, I didn't even realise what I'd done at the time until Andy shouteed at me!!!

water

i cant swim, even looking at a pool beings be out in cold sweats

im ok in a bath or shower lol took me ages to brave a jacuzzi, i used to just sit on the side and put my feet in, i can now sit in one so long as i dont get my face wet, if i go in one at a club and people getin and start pissing about i have to get out, not cause im mardy i just get scared

heights and spiders

controlled one by climbing mountains......but spiders just freak me out

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

"

Glad it's not just me like this, nearly got run over in Blackpool as there is a guy there has a huge snake that he takes pictures of people holding and was strolling up the road with it round his neck, as soon as I spotted them I quickly walked straight into the road, I didn't even realise what I'd done at the time until Andy shouteed at me!!!"

see, snakes are dangerous critters!! actually it's not that daft at all being scared of things thatcan kill you, I'm also a bit nervous around lions, crocodiles and sharks...

"mine is bovineaphobia (fear of cows)

Not bothered about bulls but you wouldn't get me in the same field as a cow

Tony"

That must be a wee bit restrictive for a "rambler" one would have thought.

» Add a new message to this topic