FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Epilepsy

Epilepsy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tarbeck OP   Couple  over a year ago

york

I would like to assure you lovely men and a few couples on here that it isnt catching, and steve has never had to hit me over the head with a frying pan and he doesnt throw the washing in the bath with me , ive heard them all .Its surpriseing how many people stp chatting when they find out .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ykoCouple  over a year ago

york

Totally agree have got to know _tarbeck for a while and his great to get on with she is a star with out the beck on the end very genuine.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i (fem) suffered from this as a child but outgrew it in my early 20s - i was made to feel awful at school - oh look shes having an epi- stuff like that was bandied about - i think people are more aware these days and im shocked and upset for you that people avoid you because of it - we definitely wouldnt - in fact embrace comes to mind

york

"i (fem) suffered from this as a child but outgrew it in my early 20s - i was made to feel awful at school - oh look shes having an epi- stuff like that was bandied about - i think people are more aware these days and im shocked and upset for you that people avoid you because of it - we definitely wouldnt - in fact embrace comes to mind "
thank you what a lovely thing to say

"i (fem) suffered from this as a child but outgrew it in my early 20s - i was made to feel awful at school - oh look shes having an epi- stuff like that was bandied about - i think people are more aware these days and im shocked and upset for you that people avoid you because of it - we definitely wouldnt - in fact embrace comes to mind thank you what a lovely thing to say "

you are more than welcome xxx

york

"i (fem) suffered from this as a child but outgrew it in my early 20s - i was made to feel awful at school - oh look shes having an epi- stuff like that was bandied about - i think people are more aware these days and im shocked and upset for you that people avoid you because of it - we definitely wouldnt - in fact embrace comes to mind thank you what a lovely thing to say

you are more than welcome xxx"

they can bring a frying pan if they like lol x

"i (fem) suffered from this as a child but outgrew it in my early 20s - i was made to feel awful at school - oh look shes having an epi- stuff like that was bandied about - i think people are more aware these days and im shocked and upset for you that people avoid you because of it - we definitely wouldnt - in fact embrace comes to mind thank you what a lovely thing to say

you are more than welcome xxx they can bring a frying pan if they like lol x"

hit themselves over the head for being such numpties

york

you are more than welcome xxx they can bring a frying pan if they like lol x

hit themselves over the head for being such numpties "

what do they say , i promise i wont bite unless you want me to lol x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Someone having epilepsy would not bother me at all, but I would like to know in advance same as I'd like to know of any medical conditions that may affect someone when I'm with them.

I think some may be fearful of not knowing what to do if a fit happened.

I posted before about a guy going into a diabetic coma on me and I didn't even know he was diabetic

.I hope you lead a full and active life.

york

"Someone having epilepsy would not bother me at all, but I would like to know in advance same as I'd like to know of any medical conditions that may affect someone when I'm with them.

I posted before about a guy going into a diabetic coma on me and I didn't even know he was diabetic

.I hope you lead a full and active life."

I certaily do and make people aware of it but my meds keep it controlled unless you turn a stobe light on lol x

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Lol OP ...

Its sheer ignorance on their part ....

Theres plenty of people on here who have no people skills or manners.... just tell em to jog on ....

york

should have said strobe light , and by all accounts i can do a good dance if ones on lol x

I've epilepsy too, OP. Luckily no one refused to meet me as a result of warning them, but it did cause them to unnecessarily worry.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm ignorant to a lot of things, whether it's an illness or disability we can't all know everything. But I'm the type that asks lots of questions, I have a friend who has a disability and I asked a million and one questions when I first knew him, some I'm sure completly stupid, now I'm perfectly confident and comfortable and take it in my stride.

I think if people are not frightened to ask questions about things and listen then its all good.

I think some of the stigma about certain things come from people being frightened to ask. I'd never be offended by someone asking me questions about something they didn't understand.

Sadly there was a set to a few months on here cause someone took offense to something. It put me off at the time but I know those kind of people are in the minority and actually do themselves or the condition no favours.

(I'm not singling out epilepsy)just all things not everyone understands

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

Its nothing but ignorance, they wouldn't treat someone with hay fever or asthma like that - so why epilepsy? Its a condition like any other.

Ignore these ignorant people and enjoy and have fun xxx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"should have said strobe light , and by all accounts i can do a good dance if ones on lol x"

How refreshing that you can be light hearted about your condition, aren't people silly?

Why would you tell them?

york

"Why would you tell them?

"

surely its better to be truthfull

"should have said strobe light , and by all accounts i can do a good dance if ones on lol x

How refreshing that you can be light hearted about your condition, aren't people silly? "

From experience, being light hearted hides your real emotions. It's also a way of making it easier on others.....

I have epilepsy it's really no big deal, only real thing it affects is the fact I'm not allowed to drive

you know when a fits coming on, I had a fit once while on a meet I. just went into the bathroom and locked the door, had a shower after he was none the wiser

I don't know what images people have of folks with epilepsy but it's really not a big thing

it's only a big deal if you make it one

york

"should have said strobe light , and by all accounts i can do a good dance if ones on lol x

How refreshing that you can be light hearted about your condition, aren't people silly?

From experience, being light hearted hides your real emotions. It's also a way of making it easier on others....."

yes it was hard when i first had my accident took me steve and my son a while to get used to it , but im more than happy to still be here and enjoying my life x

surely its better to be truthfull "

I wasn't being nasty I just can't understand why you would dislcose unless your fits are very often and there is a risk of fitting at time of meet.

Wouldn't put me off anyway

york

I wasn't being nasty I just can't understand why you would dislcose unless your fits are very often and there is a risk of fitting at time of meet.

"

i didnt take offence hun x

"Someone having epilepsy would not bother me at all, but I would like to know in advance same as I'd like to know of any medical conditions that may affect someone when I'm with them.

.I hope you lead a full and active life."

OP perhaps they are trying to be lighthearted about it? If they are abusive report them. Could be fear of the unknown.

x

"

Despite epilepsy being controlled, you're still at risk of having a seizure. People do not react well when surprised in such situations, you need to let people know how to take care of you and what measures to take.

It's a basic safety precaution to warn your partners.

"I have epilepsy it's really no big deal, only real thing it affects is the fact I'm not allowed to drive

you know when a fits coming on, I had a fit once while on a meet I. just went into the bathroom and locked the door, had a shower after he was none the wiser

I don't know what images people have of folks with epilepsy but it's really not a big thing

it's only a big deal if you make it one "

I think that depends on the type of seizure, it's a big deal for some.

I was uncontrolled for years, and my seizures lasted up to 45 minutes at a time. I've countless scars from falling and hurting myself as I don't get enough of a warning prior.

It definitely scared my ex and my family when I seized, it's best for people to be warned in my case (like the OP), but it's really not me making a big deal out of it.

My sister has epilepsy quite bad, it's put her in hospital a fair few times. Most certainly wouldn't stop me from meeting someone xx

By * and P southeastCouple  over a year ago

essex

Hi yes A has epilepsy from the age of 13 we always mention it when we meet someone,but im sure a few we have met were put off by it jog on I say ,as you can see by our pictures she still loves to have fun xx

A&P

I can't get my hat off with the fact there is so much stigma with epilepsy ive been around it all my life and its no biggie im sure I can be scary to see a grand mal but so can a severe asthma attack a little bit of knowledge and understanding goes a long way

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Mrs Absolutebeginners sister had severe epilepsy all her life so it was something that touched our lives for a long time.

"I would like to assure you lovely men and a few couples on here that it isnt catching, and steve has never had to hit me over the head with a frying pan and he doesnt throw the washing in the bath with me , ive heard them all .Its surpriseing how many people stp chatting when they find out . "

Totally agree x

By *tokeukcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stoke on trent

i have had to watch my lovely wife suffer from this condition for over 20 yrs now and she gets no warning signs and yes it is scary watching this happen if someone doesn't know. but we still have to get on with life and have fun but we ended up with a double blow as our son suffers from it aswell and we have to watch him go throu it but it doesn't stop either of them enjoying themselves

york

Try getting life insurrance when you have a certain amount of fits a week

» Add a new message to this topic