FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > flu jab :(

flu jab :(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

well i went for my flu jab a few days ago ... and after a few hours started to feel unwell.

told myself to man up and get on with it,

but by today i am on the sofa with laptop and dovet wishing i cud just sleep and get rid of it lol

thought i wud share ....

on a plus side b4 i felt like this i had a real fun meet and went to my 1st ever party was a bit scared to start but soon had LOADS of fun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"well i went for my flu jab a few days ago ... and after a few hours started to feel unwell.

but by today i am on the sofa with laptop and dovet wishing i cud just sleep and get rid of it lol

thought i wud share ....

on a plus side b4 i felt like this i had a real fun meet and went to my 1st ever party was a bit scared to start but soon had LOADS of fun

"

glad you enjoyed your first party, its always nerve wracking.

Hope you feel better soon x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

"

...surely if you 'manned up' you'd feel worse?!

"well i went for my flu jab a few days ago ... and after a few hours started to feel unwell.

thought i wud share ....

"

Cut an apple into 8 pieces... Eat one piece a day... When the apple is gone, the flu should be too...;-) Then you can get back to PARTYING

thought i wud share ....

"

It sounds just like my next door neighbour. She swears they gave her the old stock stuff and it mad here unwell for the best part of a week.

lol yeah its the fact my legs Hurt thats a pain that and it feels like the start of flu but never worse than the feeling you get the 1st day or so when you get it

feel boiling hot but temp is normal

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Around 15% of all adults that receive the flu jab will experience side effects, this is usually a general feeling of being unwell with ironically flu like symptoms.

It is also worth noting that you may have already had the flu virus when you were immunised.

being forced to watch DARTS isnt helping lol

yeah i am thinking maybe i had a cold or sumthink

having worked in the medical profession there is no way I would have any flu jab....

Torquay

"having worked in the medical profession there is no way I would have any flu jab....

"

Why?

Seconded, why?

so many different strains of flu around...can understand people that are "at risk"...ie pregnant/asthmatic/immuno suppressed etc may well benefit from the protection but as a fairly healthy fit individual I decided not to take advantage of it

"so many different strains of flu around...can understand people that are "at risk"...ie pregnant/asthmatic/immuno suppressed etc may well benefit from the protection but as a fairly healthy fit individual I decided not to take advantage of it "

Then that has nothing to do with having worked in the medical profession?

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 08/01/11 00:35:06]

have worked in the Medical Profession for the last 25 years.....but its only my opinion...

i always get real bad colds then i pass them on to the family so im hoping this sorts it out and i can go a year without being stuck in bed for 2 weeks .... and not in a fun way lol

Torquay

"have worked in the Medical Profession for the last 25 years.....but its only my opinion..."

Based on what medical evidence?

The Royal College of Surgeons strongly recommend that many groups of people, including those in public services (yes, including NHS staff) have the flu jab.

There is a very good reason for this, you are giving the impression that there may be something wrong with the flu jab with your post......

Torquay

"i always get real bad colds then i pass them on to the family so im hoping this sorts it out and i can go a year without being stuck in bed for 2 weeks .... and not in a fun way lol "

The flu jab will not protect against the common cold I am afraid....

Nothing wrong with the Flu Jab....just my personal decision not to have it.

Everyone needs to make there own mind about it...as they do with anything else that they need to make a choice over..

from what ive heard and seen the flu jab is not that effective, everyone i know who has had it has then gone on to get another strain of flu within a few months, it must increase the resistance to some strains but lower for others, just what ive seen

» Add a new message to this topic