FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Eagles of Death Metal

Eagles of Death Metal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ozzy87 OP   Man  over a year ago

Crawley

There's a Facebook group currently trying to get Eagles Of Death Metal's cover of Save a Prayer to No.1 in the chart as a way of supporting the band and saying "fuck you" to Isis after the events that took place at their gig in Paris.

Simon Le Bon has already put out on Twitter that any royalties Duran Duran get will be going to a good cause.

Apparently this song was played on that night not long before the shooting started. For those people it may have been the last moments of happiness before their lives were ended. I think it's quite a poignant way to remember those Fans and crew.

Downloaded mine already from iTunes. It's currently sitting at 7. If anybody else is interested you need to download it before midnight on Thursday. And of course streaming it counts too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Consider it done

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Consider it done "

Great idea hope it gets Xmas number one. Got to be better than anything from the X factor.

Crawley

"Consider it done

"

Crawley

"Great idea hope it gets Xmas number one. Got to be better than anything from the X factor. "

It's aiming for number 1'this Sunday. I think there's a group trying to get The new recording of the Star Wars theme to Xmas no.1

Crawley

Aww not more of a reaction.

Iv liked this band for awhile now,any band with josh homme in gets my vote

Not my idea of death metal but lovely cover of an ecelemt song

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 17/11/15 23:36:12]

" Not my idea of death metal but lovely cover of an ecelemt song "

The band name is an in-joke - they said their sound was how The Eagles would sound if they were a death metal band.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Nobody Facebook-guilts me into anything.

I'll be buying my usual Christmas number 1.

Rage Against The Machine.

They were great on TFI Friday the other week. I've downloaded it

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Just read about this

So bumping this topic up

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Nobody Facebook-guilts me into anything.

I'll be buying my usual Christmas number 1.

Rage Against The Machine."

Ha !

Done. Thanks for the reminder.

By *eally Filthy CoupleCouple  over a year ago

bristol

I'd buy it . Especially if all proceeds went toward the purchase of more hellfire missiles

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Great idea hope it gets Xmas number one. Got to be better than anything from the X factor. "

I'll pass, thanks all the same though..

shit band,shit song and a rather shitty publicity stunt..Can I ask what song we're to download to commemorate the dead women and children that we the west have been leaving in our wake with our push for oil these past 30yrs ( I mean democracy honest).I'll get right on it once I change all my pics to red,white and blue..

Now where was that forum about the button to end human civilization again

bristol

"I'll pass, thanks all the same though..

shit band,shit song and a rather shitty publicity stunt..Can I ask what song we're to download to commemorate the dead women and children that we the west have been leaving in our wake with our push for oil these past 30yrs ( I mean democracy honest).I'll get right on it once I change all my pics to red,white and blue..

Now where was that forum about the button to end human civilization again "

Nice principles! I assume you don't own a car or have central heating in your home as part of your stance on this do you ????

Nice principles! I assume you don't own a car or have central heating in your home as part of your stance on this do you ????"

Not that it's relevant to the point made but seeing as you ask,no I don't own a car and my house is heated by logs and peat in an open fire but neither makes me feel that theese recent deaths are anymore important than the many deaths are nation's are responsible for the world over.. Unlike others here who hope the proceeds go towards buying more hellfire missiles, I think my principles suit me just fine..

bristol

Nice principles! I assume you don't own a car or have central heating in your home as part of your stance on this do you ????

Not that it's relevant to the point made but seeing as you ask,no I don't own a car and my house is heated by logs and peat in an open fire but neither makes me feel that theese recent deaths are anymore important than the many deaths are nation's are responsible for the world over.. Unlike others here who hope the proceeds go towards buying more hellfire missiles, I think my principles suit me just fine.."

Everyone's entitled to there opinion. I assume you have electricity ( from power stations ran from fossil fuel I presume ! )

What are you doing to commemorate those dead women and children yourself then? (Being self-righteous on a swinging forum doesn't count by the way, soz)

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

wow...... moodhoover deluxe for xmas then......

What are you doing to commemorate those dead women and children yourself then? (Being self-righteous on a swinging forum doesn't count by the way, soz) "

Sorry,was I meant to agree with the op and not have my own opinion,I must have missed that directive..

If not wanting to jump on the Facebook bandwagon makes me self righteous then so be it..

What are you doing to commemorate those dead women and children yourself then? (Being self-righteous on a swinging forum doesn't count by the way, soz)

Sorry,was I meant to agree with the op and not have my own opinion,I must have missed that directive..

If not wanting to jump on the Facebook bandwagon makes me self righteous then so be it.. "

No, posting a self-righteous post full of self-righteousness makes you self-righteous. You don't need to jump on any bandwagons, but why do you feel the need to come and piss all over someone else's chips?

If not wanting to jump on the Facebook bandwagon makes me self righteous then so be it..

No, posting a self-righteous post full of self-righteousness makes you self-righteous. You don't need to jump on any bandwagons, but why do you feel the need to come and piss all over someone else's chips?"

Isn't it self righteous to complain about someone doing something you think is wrong, and behaving superior to them by chastising them for it?

No, posting a self-righteous post full of self-righteousness makes you self-righteous. You don't need to jump on any bandwagons, but why do you feel the need to come and piss all over someone else's chips?

Isn't it self righteous to complain about someone doing something you think is wrong, and behaving superior to them by chastising them for it? "

Probably, but I'm fine with that.

People need to stop perpetuating a circle of Self righteousness

Or am I being self righteous over and people being self righteous?

"People need to stop perpetuating a circle of Self righteousness

"

Exactly. It's dumb to be self righteous when criticising someone else for that bit. Pot kettle black.

Exactly. It's dumb to be self righteous when criticising someone else for that bit. Pot kettle black. "

Are you joking? I feel like I'm in inception. The version of inception where the black bin liner calls the pot black for calling the kettle black.

Exactly. It's dumb to be self righteous when criticising someone else for that bit. Pot kettle black.

Are you joking? I feel like I'm in inception. The version of inception where the black bin liner calls the pot black for calling the kettle black."

Weak

"moodhoover deluxe for xmas then...... "

Fucking love it.

I'm stealing this one and passing it off as my own.

Crawley

"moodhoover deluxe for xmas then......

Fucking love it.

I'm stealing this one and passing it off as my own. "

lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Let's get back to the OP now please.

"

Let's get back to the OP now please."

was at the eagles of death metal gig in bristol a week before what went down in paris

top rock n roll band! and amazing live. they really engage the crowd between songs and the vibes were awesome

everyone attending that paris show wouldve been having a great time until the terrorists struck

Crawley

Not long to go now. Big push needed I think.

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I like the TFI version.

http://youtu.be/tOWLYH4H5L0

Crawley

Seems to be slipping down the chart now. Makes me feel a little sad.

Eagles of Death Metal are performing in Paris tonight.....

Eagles of Death Metal frontman: 'Everybody has to have guns'

Vocalist-guitarist Jesse Hughes, a long-time advocate for access to gun ownership, says he is more convinced than ever after Bataclan attack

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/16/eagles-of-death-metal-frontman

This has taken a sinister turn, I don't like it, in the grand scheme of things nothing really matters, it don't matter that the lead singer wants to arm everyone, even though I wouldn't after what happened to dime bag,

It dosent matter that one guy wants to remember the dead innocents if wars for oil, it doesn't even matter that there is a publicity stunt being touted across face book, what matters is that we feel the need to make sides, why, why do we feel the need to separate society, and tell the other half they are wrong, because I tell you folks, its only when we out our differences aside, and become one people in a global village of love and respect, that humanity will reach its potential, otherwise its just going to die a painfull paranoid slow death, and the way we are going, we deserve it.

» Add a new message to this topic