FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Old profiles

Old profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have noticed when browsing that a lot of the profiles have not be logged into for months.

It seems to be a only few that log in on a regular basis.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have noticed when browsing that a lot of the profiles have not be logged into for months.

It seems to be a only few that log in on a regular basis. "

There are new people joining everyday

Maybe they have better things to do, I never logged on for 2 months as I was away in afghan

but I've 5 weeks off now and bored stupid that's why I'm logging in

Take your points above.

But you do get lots of profiles that somebody will take out, to have a look around and never come back, nature of the beast I suppose.

I know what you mean but maybe they have met someone and forgot about fab

Would be nice if you could omit profiles that have not logged in for a certain time when browsing.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I have noticed when browsing that a lot of the profiles have not be logged into for months.

That's nothing. On some other sites which boast "we have a membership of xxx,xxxx" you'll find 1000's which haven't logged on for years.

It's not unusaul for people to have other interests and just life in general not allowing enough time to play as much as they'd like... so a month or two isn't a long time really.

"Would be nice if you could omit profiles that have not logged in for a certain time when browsing. "

Don't they appear on the list in order of last logged on?

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

We think that if someone hast logged on for say 6 months then admin should delete them from the site...profiles like that just clog everything up when your searching..

"We think that if someone hast logged on for say 6 months then admin should delete them from the site...profiles like that just clog everything up when your searching.."

And the server too

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"We think that if someone hast logged on for say 6 months then admin should delete them from the site...profiles like that just clog everything up when your searching..

And the server too"

Naughty...I have only just got that..

I have been checking just how cloggy my searches got with these old profiles.

Each time I selected my Region, an age span between 30-40... each time the search topped out at the maximum 300 and the longest last logged in out of that 300 was 17 minutes ago.... on the last search it was 12 minutes ago.

Then, just in case anyone said it was unfair as I was looking for men and couples, I did a search for couples only, aged 30-40 in the East Midlands. Again I got the maximum 300 and the longest last logged in was 2 hours ago.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

After a few months of not being on line profiles don't come up in the criteria search. You can find them looking through someone's scarification though.

There people like many will be having a break or given up but decided not to delete. Maybe if you don't log in for 12 months admin should delete profiles?

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It seems to be a only few that log in on a regular basis.

After a few months of not being on line profiles don't come up in the criteria search. You can find them looking through someone's scarification though.

There people like many will be having a break or given up but decided not to delete. Maybe if you don't log in for 12 months admin should delete profiles? "

Maybe unverified ones only. Or no pics, no posts etc.

Hang on, there'd only be a handful of us left.

*has rethink*

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Some haven't logged in for over a year. As with all things some people will join and then leave after a while. Some will delete their profile and some wont bother.

Merseyside

"Would be nice if you could omit profiles that have not logged in for a certain time when browsing. "

When you do a search it lists people in order from when they last logged on. You wil get online users first, then people ogged in 2 days ago, etc.

I know some people have reasons not to log in for a couple of momths ago. I think if somebody has not logged in for 6 months they have most lost likely left the site.

Merseyside

"We think that if someone hast logged on for say 6 months then admin should delete them from the site...profiles like that just clog everything up when your searching.."

Or send them an automated email saying the profile will be deleted if they don't log on within 2 weeks. I am sure a few absent minded people will have forgot about Fab.

I would be great help though if Fab deleted unused profiles and better for server space.

I can only agree with the 6 month deadline if the profile itself is only 6 months old... as in they logged in, logged out and didn't come back.

The reason I don't agree with deleting profiles after only 6 months is... is it not reasonable for a couple to take a break whilst the wifey has a bun in the oven? Is it not reasonable for a couple to take a break whilst they have a new born child?

Do many younger profiles prefer older profiles?

"Do many younger profiles prefer older profiles?"

Not if they have children of the same age

the way profiles multiply

Like a plague I tells ya

"I have been checking just how cloggy my searches got with these old profiles.

Each time I selected my Region, an age span between 30-40... each time the search topped out at the maximum 300 and the longest last logged in out of that 300 was 17 minutes ago.... on the last search it was 12 minutes ago.

Then, just in case anyone said it was unfair as I was looking for men and couples, I did a search for couples only, aged 30-40 in the East Midlands. Again I got the maximum 300 and the longest last logged in was 2 hours ago."

You don't live in a desert called Cumbria

Have checked different areas by browsing has a female and then a male.

A female gets ruffly three times more results than a male, don't know why?

Thats probally explains my coming across old profiles and you not.

When I started this thread never mentioned anything about deleting old profiles, its just never happens on websites. The only time I think a site would delete old profiles is if their servers were getting to full capacity, and seeing the days of running off a "sinclair spectrum" have gone it won't happen.

Ive checked out my blocked list, the longest is 10 months since they logged on, 2 at 6 months, 1 at 3 months, i know christmas has been here but i think these ones ought to go

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"I have been checking just how cloggy my searches got with these old profiles.

Then, just in case anyone said it was unfair as I was looking for men and couples, I did a search for couples only, aged 30-40 in the East Midlands. Again I got the maximum 300 and the longest last logged in was 2 hours ago."

similar for south east ... but if you start being more selective (using advanced search) then its not long before you soon come across profiles not active for many months

» Add a new message to this topic