FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pairs of shoes.....

Pairs of shoes.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay ladies.... time to fess up.....

How many pairs of shoes/boots/flip flops do you actually own???

How many have you actually Bought and only ever worn the once/never.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"okay ladies.... time to fess up.....

"

Fabio, do you know the equation for working that out?

It's the square of anything the woman says PLUS the boxes in the wardrobe, under the bed, in the spare room, in the lobby, in the stable AND under the sink minus one!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm going to have to get back to you after I've counted. You can't just ask a question like that with no preparation!!!

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm going to have to get back to you after I've counted. You can't just ask a question like that with no preparation!!!"

actually you have a point there... femme might have to take off her socks to count for this one... and she might be gone a long long time....

Well there's:

Downstairs - 7 pairs of boots, 1 pair of slippers and 8 pairs of shoes.

Upstairs - 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of slippers and a box full of 'Summer' shoes that I can't be bothered to unpack and count.

All of my footwear has been worn more than once though with the exception of 1 pair of boots that I only bought on Monday.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

this miht actually be a good exericise for me, bring to light some of the shoes i havent worn for a while

Norfolk

"Well there's:

Upstairs - 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of slippers and a box full of 'Summer' shoes that I can't be bothered to unpack and count.

All of my footwear has been worn more than once though with the exception of 1 pair of boots that I only bought on Monday."

are you sure you are a real woman? pmsl

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I am sure this question was asked ages ago, and in the dim recesses of my mind I am sure one young lady 'fessed up to owning over a thousand pairs, many of which she had never worn!

"Well there's:

All of my footwear has been worn more than once though with the exception of 1 pair of boots that I only bought on Monday.

are you sure you are a real woman? pmsl"

You've not seen the size of the box....

By *eridotWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

I really don't know what your problem is Mr A!!!! I'm not asking you to wear them. Oh and there is still another space left under the sink for my Laboutins

Norfolk

"I really don't know what your problem is Mr A!!!! I'm not asking you to wear them. Oh and there is still another space left under the sink for my Laboutins "

I thought the baby had the booties

I have about 40 pairs and haven't worn about 4 yet

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I counted them about two yeas ago... there were 200 pairs on the button. I'm not recounting but I haven't stopped buying and on average I buy a pair of shoes a month sometimes two.

Not sure to be honest but have a closet dedicated to them so probably going into the hundreds xxx

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have no idea and do not have the time to find out.... but you have just reminded me I still have a car boot full of shoes for the charity shop.

evesham

"I have no idea and do not have the time to find out.... but you have just reminded me I still have a car boot full of shoes for the charity shop."

what size are you?? lol

"I have no idea and do not have the time to find out.... but you have just reminded me I still have a car boot full of shoes for the charity shop.

what size are you?? lol"

The ones in the boot are mostly 7's

Edinburgh

"I have no idea and do not have the time to find out.... but you have just reminded me I still have a car boot full of shoes for the charity shop.

what size are you?? lol

The ones in the boot are mostly 7's"

Helllllllllllllo! There's a charity shop right here in Edinburgh!

evesham

what size are you?? lol

The ones in the boot are mostly 7's"

hmm am usually an 8 but can squeeze into a 7 lol

"

actually you have a point there... femme might have to take off her socks to count for this one... "

Pssst... You dont need socks with flip flops

*flees back to the Fens*

I don't know.....I don't count.....but I did give some shoes and boots away recently.

Im not sure how many pairs of shoes I own, there are lots of them that Ive only worn once though. I usually go for ankle straps but I think im gonna buy a pair of high peep toe court ones, I dont seem to have any of those - there are lots of shoes that I cant walk in

Norfolk

"Im not sure how many pairs of shoes I own, there are lots of them that Ive only worn once though. I usually go for ankle straps but I think im gonna buy a pair of high peep toe court ones, I dont seem to have any of those - there are lots of shoes that I cant walk in "

That so proves my point ........... you WANTED them didn't need them and what a waste of money because you can't use them!!!! Women, what would we do without you?

(hides under table with tin hat and flack jacket firmly in place)

Edinburgh

"Im not sure how many pairs of shoes I own, there are lots of them that Ive only worn once though. I usually go for ankle straps but I think im gonna buy a pair of high peep toe court ones, I dont seem to have any of those - there are lots of shoes that I cant walk in

That so proves my point ........... you WANTED them didn't need them and what a waste of money because you can't use them!!!! Women, what would we do without you?

(hides under table with tin hat and flack jacket firmly in place)"

Has someone argued that it's all about WANT and not need?

I want all my shoes. I have shoes I've forgotten about. I have shoes that haven't made it out the bedroom.

I have some shoes that I've never actually worn.

Doesn't make me want them any less. It's never about need, unless I'm going camping and need wellies.

Norfolk

"Im not sure how many pairs of shoes I own, there are lots of them that Ive only worn once though. I usually go for ankle straps but I think im gonna buy a pair of high peep toe court ones, I dont seem to have any of those - there are lots of shoes that I cant walk in

Has someone argued that it's all about WANT and not need?

I want all my shoes. I have shoes I've forgotten about. I have shoes that haven't made it out the bedroom.

I have some shoes that I've never actually worn.

Doesn't make me want them any less. It's never about need, unless I'm going camping and need wellies. "

at least you have the decency to admit it

(hides under table with tin hat and flack jacket firmly in place)"

Well of course that is totally true, I dont need about 90% of the shoes I have - I see them, I find them gorgeous, I cant leave the shop without them. I know whilst in the shop I cant walk in them. Yes its a waste of money, totally, but I justify it by the fact that I dont drink at all, so nights out are very cheap where Im concerned, therefore I balance the expense against the shoes (that are sitting in my wardrobe cos i cant walk in them and ive had to buy other shoes with a slightly smaller heel that I can walk in)

Norfolk

Well of course that is totally true, I dont need about 90% of the shoes I have - I see them, I find them gorgeous, I cant leave the shop without them. I know whilst in the shop I cant walk in them. Yes its a waste of money, totally, but I justify it by the fact that I dont drink at all, so nights out are very cheap where Im concerned, therefore I balance the expense against the shoes (that are sitting in my wardrobe cos i cant walk in them and ive had to buy other shoes with a slightly smaller heel that I can walk in) "

you sound so like K, she's a cheap date too only drinks sparkling water

Andy made me count how many pairs of shoes I have a while ago and I must say I shocked myself when I got to over 70, but this does include boots and trainers that I need for work!! Must confess some shoes are unworn (to high, but SOOOO gorgeous) that I just can't part with them. Made me feel better reading this thread though as I now know there are plenty of other ladies out there who are worse than me. That will be my new line of defence me thinks

1 pair flats, 1 pair killer heels, l pair kitten heels, l pair short and 1 pair long boots, 1 pair trainers, 1 pair sandals, 1 paire slipper.

I am soooo reasonable. Yeah.

"okay ladies.... time to fess up.....

"

I would never buy a pair of shoes to wear once.. I have about 4 pairs I think.. but need a new pair of smart casual ones as they are a bit broken.

I have never got the need for loads of shoes, much prefer bare feet.

Katie

Edinburgh

Keep telling ya... it's not a need... it's a WANT!

"1 pair flats, 1 pair killer heels, l pair kitten heels, l pair short and 1 pair long boots, 1 pair trainers, 1 pair sandals, 1 paire slipper.

I am soooo reasonable. Yeah."

in fact I'm about 4 x as reasonable as that.

"Keep telling ya... it's not a need... it's a WANT! "

But I can not understand it.. lol

My friend recently spent £500 on a pair of shoes for a party xmas eve.. they are now put in a box under her bed, maybe never to be seen again.. £500.. I could have brought a car to thrash around the track for that..

Or a night in a nice hotel without the kids for me and my Master..

Or a corset and a night at chams and loads of spends.. and got a pair of shoes for about £30. I wouldnt mind but the shoes were horrendous.

Katie.

Edinburgh

"Keep telling ya... it's not a need... it's a WANT!

My friend recently spent £500 on a pair of shoes for a party xmas eve.. they are now put in a box under her bed, maybe never to be seen again.. £500.. I could have brought a car to thrash around the track for that..

Or a corset and a night at chams and loads of spends.. and got a pair of shoes for about £30. I wouldnt mind but the shoes were horrendous.

Katie. "

I don't know if I can explain it. It's an addiction. I just can't help myself. I don't always spend a lot on shoes though. I'm not fussed for names or brands (although I am a big fan of Dune shoes) and I keep buying heels and they kill me but I keep doing it. I can't help it.

The most I've paid I think was £250 for a pair of thigh high boots that I had made to measure that I've never worn and finally gave them away to a very good home this year. Total waste of money.

I also just bought a pair of boots from Duo that were £195 but they were worth every penny and I love them. Now that I'm comfy wearing skirts again, I like the knee high boots.

I don't need to justify my habit. I work hard (even while I'm watching TV!) and only have me to please. Happy days!

"Keep telling ya... it's not a need... it's a WANT!

Katie. "

You say the money could have been spent on something else like a nice hotel room... but what would you have to show for it... NADDA!

Though I have to admit I won't pay more than £150 for a pair of shoes and I love finding bargains.... however, I am willing to bet I have at least 40 pairs of shoes I haven't been on my feet since the day I tried them on in the shop.... and god knows how many pairs which have never left the bedroom.

I don't need anymore shoes.

It's not even that I want shoes. I buy them because I can.

By *y_funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

SHEFFIELD

The only confession I have is that when we moved house 3 yrs ago I actually chucked/gave away etc 42 pairs (which again includes the boots, flip flops etc which to be honest don;pt count at shoes)

And after those still got wardrobe full, and am quite proud of them !!

xx

» Add a new message to this topic