FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Migrant crisis: Latest news

Migrant crisis: Latest news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There is now a rush to land on European soil and the smugglers are cashing in by sending bigger boats to lesvos, the news presenter was told there was 400 people on the boat that each have to pay 4k, is the crisis getting out of control you recon?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Already out of hand ages ago

I wanna know where they get the thousands for smuggling from!

I mean if you've just been bombed out of your house and left with the shirt on your back and Syria no doubt will have imposed financial rules for taking cash out of the country...

So where does everyone get these thousands in cash from?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"I wanna know where they get the thousands for smuggling from!

I mean if you've just been bombed out of your house and left with the shirt on your back and Syria no doubt will have imposed financial rules for taking cash out of the country...

So where does everyone get these thousands in cash from?"

Wonga ?

In loans to be paid of at an extortionate interest rate.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Or you hand over one or more of your kids.

Or agree to "work" until the debt is paid off.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"In loans to be paid of at an extortionate interest rate. "

I wondered who was paying what & how but 2 weeks ago there was a documentary following a few of the refugees and they paid cash to get on planes to Russia and cash for bicycles for the last stretch.

There were groups of males, fleeing the war with nearly 20.000 Euro cash landing in Greece many families have been filmed with expensive prams and Nike shoes.

Not all refugees are actually looking for safety. Or come from areas affected.

Our media only sensationalise that which will sell.

"In loans to be paid of at an extortionate interest rate.

I wondered who was paying what & how but 2 weeks ago there was a documentary following a few of the refugees and they paid cash to get on planes to Russia and cash for bicycles for the last stretch.

There were groups of males, fleeing the war with nearly 20.000 Euro cash landing in Greece many families have been filmed with expensive prams and Nike shoes.

Our media only sensationalise that which will sell. "

A refugee doesn't necessarily have to be poor.

Glasgow

"In loans to be paid of at an extortionate interest rate.

Our media only sensationalise that which will sell.

A refugee doesn't necessarily have to be poor. "

It's the story we're being sold though.

"These people have nothing"

Yeah but I'm still puzzled..

Greece had a 100 euro maximum withdrawal during their crisis..

Surely Syria has had the same type of restrictions on cash withdrawals... So if you didn't get your cash from Syria, your not working and you've fled your war torn country... Where did the thousands come from... And young men as well, there not the usual suspect for having spare thousands in savings in any country! Let alone a poorer country like Syria!

It's puzzled me for awhile

Glasgow

People expecting to have to flee their homes often keep cash handy.

Yes possible but then if you look at say Eritrea...http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/eritrea/overview.

The average monthly wage is only 200 Euros, so 6000 would take quite a bit of saving, don't you think?.

Also Eritrea has an increasing health outlook, lowered birth deaths, decent(for the region) economic outlook, better than average education, border disputes with Ethiopia at an end, in fact it's only downside was sanctions from the UN for its role in the horn of Africa security!...

So despite being one of the better sub Saharan African countries.. Most of its young men are deserting it for Europe, yes the eritean government has imposed 5 year national service because of the Ethiopian dispute but then Israel does the same and I don't see their young men deserting it for Europe!..

The monthly average wage in Syria was 1100 Euros, but what struck me was that all three of the main refugee groups .. Eritrea, Afghanistan and Syria did have a few common problems apart from the obvious, very high inflation, droughts and very high food costs!

Glasgow

The average UK income is around £27,000 but that doesn't stop many people having £ hundreds of thousands at their disposal.

"Yes possible but then if you look at say Eritrea...http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/eritrea/overview.

The average monthly wage is only 200 Euros, so 6000 would take quite a bit of saving, don't you think?.

Also Eritrea has an increasing health outlook, lowered birth deaths, decent(for the region) economic outlook, better than average education, border disputes with Ethiopia at an end, in fact it's only downside was sanctions from the UN for its role in the horn of Africa security!...

So despite being one of the better sub Saharan African countries.. Most of its young men are deserting it for Europe, yes the eritean government has imposed 5 year national service because of the Ethiopian dispute but then Israel does the same and I don't see their young men deserting it for Europe!..

The monthly average wage in Syria was 1100 Euros, but what struck me was that all three of the main refugee groups .. Eritrea, Afghanistan and Syria did have a few common problems apart from the obvious, very high inflation, droughts and very high food costs!"

You should read the unhr commission's view of human rights in Eritrea. They tell of pervasive repression, detention without cause and a host of other things that neither you nor I would want to suffer. The national service is paid at $2 per day and is more like slave labour for five years than the dewy eyed view one might have of Israeli national service.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"There is now a rush to land on European soil and the smugglers are cashing in by sending bigger boats to lesvos, the news presenter was told there was 400 people on the boat that each have to pay 4k, is the crisis getting out of control you recon"

I dunno - what do you think, OP?

"Yes possible but then if you look at say Eritrea...http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/eritrea/overview.

The monthly average wage in Syria was 1100 Euros, but what struck me was that all three of the main refugee groups .. Eritrea, Afghanistan and Syria did have a few common problems apart from the obvious, very high inflation, droughts and very high food costs!

You should read the unhr commission's view of human rights in Eritrea. They tell of pervasive repression, detention without cause and a host of other things that neither you nor I would want to suffer. The national service is paid at $2 per day and is more like slave labour for five years than the dewy eyed view one might have of Israeli national service."

very true! they have a very serious HIV problem too, and the religious repression prevents people being able to seek treatment..its been an awful place for a couple of generations... a lot of the industrial/mineral industry is ethiopian and /or UAE owned so very little of the profits from it is left in the country...

i never understand why people cant grasp that if there is a war in your country,and you are trying to flee, why it should make a difference whether you are a low paid manual worker, or in a highly paid job! when jewish refugees came to the UK, US and other places,i dont think they were means tested at the borders!

» Add a new message to this topic