FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Your favourite car and why / jeep or car / need ye help with this one my friends / wil be fun

Your favourite car and why / jeep or car / need ye help with this one my friends / wil be fun

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LLURS OP   Man  over a year ago

waterforx

So a friend tells me I'm better off buying a car as jeeps can be top heavy and very bumpy and even dangerous if you are not careful / over to ye my sexy friends to solve this pussler / and what is ye favourite car make and why / wil be a lot fun this thread as a car sometimes is very special to you /

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I'm certainly looking forward to the fun.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Yes I'm certainly looking forward to the fun."

I had mild enjoyment spotting the missing emoticon, which luckily diverted my SPaG OCD from exploding in an unhelpful way.

OP, jeeps are safe unless driven like a cretin.

Cars, however, are perfectly safe...unless driven like a moron.

One someone else drives

Do you mean a 'jeep' or any 4x4?

Me I like a car, old cars!.

Although I also like my van, they have certain driving advantages, especially in city traffic

I've had many cars, both privately owned and company cars. There days my choice of car is down to money. In the past it wasn't. So I'll give you two options.

Money no object - BMW 5 series.

Sensibly priced - Ford Mondeo.

both similar sized you can fit as much in as u would any 4 x 4. and you don't look a twat driving the school run.

Do bear in mind service costs. Always caught me out when I first started buying my own cars.

4x4 Audi q3 or q5

Car - probably focus or civic if on budget

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Land Rover Defender. It will go anywhere and doesn't look out of place driving across a muddy field or parked outside Buckingham Palace... Not many vehicles can say that...

Also you don't look like the type of 4x4 driver that only goes off road when parking on the kirb outside of a school...

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"Land Rover Defender. It will go anywhere and doesn't look out of place driving across a muddy field or parked outside Buckingham Palace... Not many vehicles can say that...

"

ditto that

As to a Jeep...wouldn't touch one with a barge pole

Getting the same content into a BMW5 or a mondeo... Really? The thought of getting a 2 seater sofa into a BMW5 is most amusing, as is the thought of getting it dirty on the "tip run"

Who can remember the suzuki vitara "scandal" ?

I'm an Alfa man btw

By *orkDefenderMan  over a year ago

Just East of Wakefield

"Land Rover Defender. It will go anywhere and doesn't look out of place driving across a muddy field or parked outside Buckingham Palace... Not many vehicles can say that...

"

Yep!!!

Reason for part of my user-name

Sadly without one at the present time, had 7 of them

By *im himCouple (MM)  over a year ago

bedworth

Alfa man here but Lancia tucked in the garage for when the sun shines . If I was a farmer or needed a 4x4 then but only then would I buy one

Had a LandRover series 2A for over 30 years and I've driven defenders, range rovers and discoveries. If I wanted a cheap 4x4 it would be the Lada but they are rare in this country otherwise I'd go for the Toyota Land Cruiser, a much better bet than any of the landovers.

Oh, and I do go offroad.

I've always had sports cars but brought a Mercedes ML this year.

The MPG is similar to my previous three series.

As regards safety, I feel much safer in the ML. Its a lot bigger.. Also in terms of going to the tip or ikea it is so much better.

Never thought Id like automatic gears but I love it. Driving is so much more relaxed now.

By *olfcartweaselCouple  over a year ago

Melrose

After getting a car with an electric drivetrain, I'd never go back to petrol.

It's an EREV so smooth-as-hell electric drive all the time, but noisy vibratey petrol engine turns on to keep the battery topped up if it runs flat, for an extra 300 miles on top of the 40ish in the battery.

Next time, I'm *at worst* getting another EREV with a bigger battery, but ideally I'd prefer a full battery-only car. The cost to run is miniscule (about 3p per mile off the batery if I only charge at home), performance is damn good for a car in its size/price class, and the reduction in ambient noise is something you don't realise you need until you have it.

So maybe a used BMW i3 next time.

If I had infinite money, I'd be down the Tesla dealership like a shot. Maybe a BMW i8 as a toy.

Used to love my scooby!

UK300 WRX STI and was awesome!

Closely followed by another WRX, then my ST220 ....o just love cars in general.

Aston Martin DBS is my goal

I love my bmw x5 so comfy and plenty of room to get naughty

By *_and_k_staffsCouple  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Love my vw transporter, it's a kitted out camper so can seat 7, used for our holidays/ tip runs/ general decking and carrying...plus the kids both love it too

I've had a few really nice cars but I love my old VW Camper the most. I've not used it for casual fun yet but I'm open to offers!

Not long had my range rover sport best ive had yet comfy looks good all i need really

"So a friend tells me I'm better off buying a car as jeeps can be top heavy and very bumpy and even dangerous if you are not careful / over to ye my sexy friends to solve this pussler / and what is ye favourite car make and why / wil be a lot fun this thread as a car sometimes is very special to you / "

I love my baby, she's a 99 reg ford fiesta with a 1.4 engine. She's a sexy beast and keeps me out of trouble

"Love my vw transporter, it's a kitted out camper so can seat 7, used for our holidays/ tip runs/ general decking and carrying...plus the kids both love it too "

T3 or T4?

Also you don't look like the type of 4x4 driver that only goes off road when parking on the kirb outside of a school... "

It's a shame there being scrapped, there'll never be the same in the new form or built abroad!

"Who can remember the suzuki vitara "scandal" ?

I'm an Alfa man btw "

Top fella...

I'm on my 5th Alfa, a rather stunning GT Blackline. I'm considering swapping to a GT 3.2 at some point, I NEED another Busso engine in my life.

I'd love to be able to afford the Giulia when it's released next year (with the Ferrari V6).

By *ucky88Man  over a year ago

southend on sea

Im a mechanic and have been for god knows how long my advice is if you want a 4x4 but one that rides like a car the freelanders are pretty good they feel like a normal saloon and are fairly cheap to repair it really comes down to how much you want to spend !

Stoke-on-Trent

"Love my vw transporter, it's a kitted out camper so can seat 7, used for our holidays/ tip runs/ general decking and carrying...plus the kids both love it too .

T3 or T4?"

T5 :D

sold my T3 not long back

"Love my vw transporter, it's a kitted out camper so can seat 7, used for our holidays/ tip runs/ general decking and carrying...plus the kids both love it too .

T3 or T4?

sold my T3 not long back"

Posh bastard

Honda civic lol

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Also you don't look like the type of 4x4 driver that only goes off road when parking on the kirb outside of a school... .

It's a shame there being scrapped, there'll never be the same in the new form or built abroad!"

Frisky is treating me and our boys to the Land Rover Defender factory tour for my birthday in December...

Infinite money I'd get the Nissan gtr sensible probably the Audi s4 I will never buy a 4x4 as I don't see the point in them

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"Infinite money I'd get the Nissan gtr sensible probably the Audi s4 I will never buy a 4x4 as I don't see the point in them "

Depends what you want from a car really. If you are happy going from a2b and doing the shopping then anything will do. If you want an adventure when you get to 'b' then a 4x4 helps a lot.

We have driven Hannibal's Road through the Alps, smugglers trails into and out of Andorra, had a treasure hunt in the Massif central in France and been to parts of Wales a 'normal' car simply can't get to. I also use mine as a base vehicle for teenagers when they go on adventure holidays and helping all and sundry when severe weather strikes.

On the 'to do list' is the mountains of Corsica, Iceland and driving through a bit of the sahara and the atlas mountains.

If you are a beach and hotel person (not a problem with that, horses for courses) then there probably is not a lot of point.

I have a Jeep Wrangler it's the 4th one I've had, I love it, it's quick enough blows most idiots off the rd (it's a Wolf in Sheeps Clothing) 4.0 ltr, but more than capable off road.. I'm a quick driver & know how to handle it..!! Iv pulled various other 4x4's out of the mud inc Range Rovers, Porsche BMW etc..

It's great for a little Nawti fun off the beaten track too..!! Dark tinited Windows as standard in the rear can't see the Lady naked in the rear..!!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I prefer a good old fashion car, a nice VW Kharman Ghia.

Still looks as good as the day it was made, on top of that it is hackerproof.

Go for the jeep, just get updated suspension if you are doing a lot of road riding.

Stoke-on-Trent

T3 or T4?

sold my T3 not long back.

Posh bastard "

You wouldn't say that if you saw the 22 yr old Sierra

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"I've had many cars, both privately owned and company cars. There days my choice of car is down to money. In the past it wasn't. So I'll give you two options.

both similar sized you can fit as much in as u would any 4 x 4. and you don't look a twat driving the school run.

Do bear in mind service costs. Always caught me out when I first started buying my own cars. "

. A Mondeo does it for me . Better than a BMW and lovely and comfortable with lots of room. I am not a badge snob but am glad that lots of people are as I own shares in most of the PLC quoted dealers .

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

I've had two BMW x5's,now got a Porsche Cayenne ,nice to drive if you don't press the loud peddle to hard they are good on fuel for a two ton car,I love them thinking of buying a BMW X6 .

Stoke-on-Trent

"I've had many cars, both privately owned and company cars. There days my choice of car is down to money. In the past it wasn't. So I'll give you two options.

Do bear in mind service costs. Always caught me out when I first started buying my own cars. . A Mondeo does it for me . Better than a BMW and lovely and comfortable with lots of room. I am not a badge snob but am glad that lots of people are as I own shares in most of the PLC quoted dealers . "

not long sold my mondeo estate, was a great family car with the size, i had the underpowered one unfortunately, but it was very nice to drive

» Add a new message to this topic