FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is It Just Me

Is It Just Me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You know, I have noticed recently when I go out and about that I see couples all the time and only the occasional one is holding hands, kissing or showing any affection to each other.

This got me thinking as when my ex and I were first together, when we went out we always held hands, we were not scared of public affection from time to time and stuff like that. As time went on though, we seemed to just walk next to each other, never held hands at all.

Is it just me who does not see so much affection in public these days?. Is it sniffed upon if you do it?.

Strange but it is something that has been whirring through my mind while working this morning.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no affection these days, i hardly see ppl holding hands now lol

I was married for 25 years. we always held hands in public, but snogging rarely happened as time went by

Marc and I hold hands and kiss all the time.

Once we were meeting up after not having seen each other in a long time (this was back in NY). I got off a bus and we hugged and kissed a bit and someone shouted for us to get a room (and not in a fun jokey way). Huh.

-Courtney

"You know, I have noticed recently when I go out and about that I see couples all the time and only the occasional one is holding hands, kissing or showing any affection to each other.

This got me thinking as when my ex and I were first together, when we went out we always held hands, we were not scared of public affection from time to time and stuff like that. As time went on though, we seemed to just walk next to each other, never held hands at all.

Is it just me who does not see so much affection in public these days?. Is it sniffed upon if you do it?.

Strange but it is something that has been whirring through my mind while working this morning. "

We are always affectionate in public as we are very much in love. Mr W

I know what you mean OP, me and the ex used to all the time but gradually over the years that stopped so much so I used to just walk behind him.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Quite funny in the early days OH and I were affectionate. We were shopping one day and probably moved in for a kiss as we pushed the trolley..

By the time we had got home someone had reported to the next door neighbour that we had been kissing ..Obviously even in the 70's it wasnt acceptable.

I would kiss hug and show affection any time its very natural to me.

"no affection these days, i hardly see ppl holding hands now lol"

I am so glad that I am not the only one seeing this. xx

"Quite funny in the early days OH and I were affectionate. We were shopping one day and probably moved in for a kiss as we pushed the trolley..

By the time we had got home someone had reported to the next door neighbour that we had been kissing ..Obviously even in the 70's it wasnt acceptable.

I would kiss hug and show affection any time its very natural to me."

If I was with someone who I was in a relationship with then it is just natural to be close to each other, hld hands etc. It is shame you just do not see it as much these days. xx

"You know, I have noticed recently when I go out and about that I see couples all the time and only the occasional one is holding hands, kissing or showing any affection to each other.

Strange but it is something that has been whirring through my mind while working this morning. "

I hardly see any of it either. It makes me sad I love to hold hands and a the odd kiss in public.

I love nothing more than to see elderly people holding hands

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We always hold hands, little kiss affectionately in public but wouldn't go in for a full on snog

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Society is technology advanced which leads to the destruction of real feelings and expression via the net gods for many people,this time now is a bleak conformative era for the religious and hypocritical sociopaths who see the net as a tool to control and save money via human to human contact being taken away and isolate all.

Self pay at shops for example is awfull. Humans only see each other when the power goes out...

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

nice post, always nice to show Affection To someone you like or love part of Being a human being..

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Always held hands with hubby!! And even if one of us was only going to the shop or to bed, or waking up we'd always kiss 3x.. in case that was the last chance we ever got.

My wife says I walk to quick and drag her

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

Worse still is seeing mostly younger couples walking side-by-side, or sitting in a pub or restaurant, gazing for ages at their mobile phones....

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

You probably see what you are looking for.

Depends if your out shopping it dont happen then as the women are off doing her thing while us men walk around like headless chickens

lots of affection between me and my husband, always holding hands or linking and little kisses. we get told to get a room cos we are that affectionate lol.

Not too sure about in the street but love when my fella kisses my nose when we are in a club or squeezes n bear hugs me

Deffo see it a lot less but have to say older cpls like my mum n her partner do still hold hands n I think that's lovely to see but gropey snogging in the street makes me think get a bloody room if I am honest

JESUS I AM GETTING OLD I SOUND LIKE ME MUM LOL

When i see people being affectionate in public i just think that couple are still fucking.

Do love affection and seeing it.

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

"When i see people being affectionate in public i just think that couple are still fucking.

Do love affection and seeing it."

That made me laugh. We're still at it, although a kissed a strange man in the pub car park tonight too

» Add a new message to this topic