FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weather, News, Sport, Travel. Local News. Local Weather!

Weather, News, Sport, Travel. Local News. Local Weather!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you think / feel when you are watching the News - that is then the Weather - that is then the Sport and then the Travel ? Then the local News n Travel n Weather ?

.What if like me you tune in three to four times a day for updates and see the same stuff over n over n over?

Why is trying to fly out of the country such big news ?

Doesn't anyone know my downpipe is frozen? Why isn't that on the news and the fact that im walking to the shops the second time this millenium in a minute ?

I'm amazed at the whinging of people and their mindless ability to think and their hopelessness at making decisions and their inability to forge ahead to have a good time.

Why do people think they have a right to be catered for because the weather turned bad? A lot seem to act as if someone did the weather on purpose.

.Litigation , litigation , litigation.

How do the rest of you think feel ?

See you later im off out for some fruit , veg n bread. Oh .n all the chocs ive eaten that were for Xmas..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Biggest problem with the media is that by the time all the facts and facets of a story have emerged they have moved on to something else...so the news is never accurate.

I'm just waiting for the "Immigrants Caught Stealing Road Grit" headline.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

When I was a nipper, people seemed to just shrug it off, buckle down to doing whatever was necessary and carried on.

We have a "winter box" used to be candles in jars when I was a kid, now updated with lanterns that you wind up, no need for batteries, a small gas cooker, and spare gas. We always keep a small surplus of bread and milk in the freezer, and if we need any more, I just dig out my boots, clear the doorway and walk to the shops. I once walked 17 miles through snow to get to work, (I did get a couple of short lifts from farmers in landrovers) the boss was so impressed he paid me for the day and sent me home as it was nearly time to shut up the workshop anyway lol!

I do feel sorry for those who have had their travel plans disrupted or completly ruined, but hey ho, its winter, shit happens.

People around here do tend to look out for the oldies, which is good, and most of our neighbours have grabbed their shovels and helped out if someone needed a path cleared or a car dug out, which is great to see.

What gets me is the whining mentality you see on the TV, people blaming the government, the councils etc. We arent as well prepared as we could be, mainly because this sort of thing only happens infrequently, and its not possible to keep huge reserves of all the kit we would need, "just in case". Some things have improved, its rare now to get power cuts due to bad weather, and the main roads (around us anyway) are closed less often, and are cleared quicker than they used to be, mainly because they leave the side roads lol.

Bottom line, bad weather is a fact of life, be prepared, and stay safe.

Fantastic attitude ! I kiss your 'arris!

That's exactly what i mean. Some at the airport are faily weeping into their expensive luggage.....it's disappointing it's not life n death .. Which it could be if they go up in freezing fog in a plane. I KNOW there are serious exceptions and some people WILL be seeing a relly for the last time but most of them just seem to have tantrums cos they can't have what they want.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"I'm just waiting for the "Immigrants Caught Stealing Road Grit" headline. "

Apparently there is a huge shortage of salt again.

The government have advised us all to use sand as a replacement in the mean time.

Please don't try it!!!!

I gave it a go and my chips tasted like shit last night.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Fantastic attitude ! I kiss your 'arris!

That's exactly what i mean. Some at the airport are faily weeping into their expensive luggage.....it's disappointing it's not life n death .. Which it could be if they go up in freezing fog in a plane. I KNOW there are serious exceptions and some people WILL be seeing a relly for the last time but most of them just seem to have tantrums cos they can't have what they want. "

..... off to find an anatomy book, not sure where my 'arris is lol!

I got a couple of other bits that I know I like having kissed tho!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont here of news flashes now do you.

unless is the poor sod who's escaped from the home and exposing himself in the park

"Fantastic attitude ! I kiss your 'arris!

That's exactly what i mean. Some at the airport are faily weeping into their expensive luggage.....it's disappointing it's not life n death .. Which it could be if they go up in freezing fog in a plane. I KNOW there are serious exceptions and some people WILL be seeing a relly for the last time but most of them just seem to have tantrums cos they can't have what they want.

..... off to find an anatomy book, not sure where my 'arris is lol!

I got a couple of other bits that I know I like having kissed tho! "

It's your ARSE

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Shocking news just in: There is NO snow in Derby!!!!

Shoppers have been left stranded with nothing to moan about, Miss Chav (age 16), a mother of 23 from Chaddesden said "I woz hoping for more bad weather wanna, nah theres no excuse not to send out all these bloody presents"

Drug dealers have been complaining about rising fuel costs for their urban cannabis farms and 12 people were injured yesterday after falling over on piles of road grit.

A council leader said: "It's shocking, we are running out of Hobnobs"

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

Granny, you articulated perfectly what I was thinking when I was watching the news this morning. Just cos little johnny cant fly out on his fourth foreign holiday this year he is having a massive tantrum ffs!!! Some people need to get a life.

Me, I'm loving it!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We had two feet of snow a few weeks back and the south barely noticed it. Now they have a couple of inches the whole country is in turmoil, flights are grounded, people are moaning that govt did do enough blah-di-blah ..

As a southerner I feel somewhat embarrassed by the whingy namby pamby softy southern moaning gits.

I don't think it's southerners moaning Wishy.

I think it's the concentrated media focus.

It's so real it's surreal.

" Yes, we do feel let down. We have been waiting 16 hours. They won't tell us when we can fly. They keep saying there is ice on the plane and we might die. My daughter is missing her Tai Chi lesson n got so upset she knocked her cous cous on the tarmac and they didn't give her any more or send someone in to whiten the snow."

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

"

I think it's the concentrated media focus.

It's so real it's surreal.

"

What happened to all the feel good stories about kids building snowmen and sledging and the like? We have lots of snow here, hasn't stopped my Milkman delivering at 6 every morning. Ok, I think he must be some kind of a nutter, but still.....

Lovely man on the telly before.

He says...... Ive been to the netherlands and I use trains i don't fly. Everything has been smooth .... lovely man

By *icelymarkedMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Not surprised Granny's downspout is frozen - Crosby was on the news last night as the coldest place at 7pm -17C!! (That's north Liverpool where I come from for the uninitiated).

We are having a ball here - Jane is valiantly struggling to work and I am in front of a roaring fire ..... we are in a little hamlet, on top of a hill and our lane is clear despite the 8" of snow. We've met neighbours we didn't know we had, been to the pub and everything. And Cardiff Bay still hasn't frozen.

It may be chilly but it is certainly magnificently beautiful.

I do feel for the poor, poor man who missed his Carribbean cruise via Heathrow .... moaned like hell about 'something should have been done'. Just want to ask him if he is so clever ... 'can you do any better at clearing snow mister?'

Hope everyone is keeping warm and safe

Why not post my address too ?

Phone number anyone ??

» Add a new message to this topic