FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bluddy Fook

Bluddy Fook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Its cold. Went out at luchtime to pick Katee up from the rail station. Got home and the heating was off.

Checked the combi boiler and its developed a fault, rang Brit Gas to come and fix it and the earliest they can manage is friday afternoon.

So we are sat here wrapped in fleeces and wondering what they would have done if we had a young family and a home with no heating.

No heat or hot water until friday, can't shower or wash or get warm. Suits our 20 yr old down to the ground as it does most male uni students

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ardybumsCouple  over a year ago

peekin under duvet is it safe?

feel for you...suggests...

decamp at the nearest weatherspoons , always 110dg in there min

do lots of lovely overtime at the companies expense,there heating = your toasty ,everyones a winner !

By *i de BiCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

Did you actually tell them you have no heating or hot water?

If you report the breakdown before 1pm they promise to come out same day if you are without one or the other.

In the mean time you could always have a bonfire with all the junk mail that keeps getting shoved through the letter box

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

No heat or hot water until friday, can't shower or wash or get warm. Suits our 20 yr old down to the ground as it does most male uni students "

Pmsl

Mine went last week (Worcester Bosch Combi). Made a deep 'sub woofer' type noise and then packed in. Took a part off, rinsed it out and its cured. Thought I was in for a big bill.

Hope you get it sorted.

Mmm i have been busy with boiler breakdowns this winter

Silver lining and all that

Hopes ya get it sorted xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Jay is the same, had his new boiler fitted and when they switched it on wouldnt work, got to wait for the manufatures to come out. He has no heating or hot water either and cant come over here as he has to wait there for them

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Flipping annoying, ours went a couple of weeks ago. Survival plan...Kettle boiled to have water to wash with, together with pans on stove. Lots of jumpers and hot water bottles! Bright side...cold germs hate the cold!

(mrs)

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yeah I had a similar issue the weekend before last only I still had hot water. Something to do with the pump being jammed.

Got it fixed then had a power cut the following weekend!

However, now I still have the extra duvet and the two spare blankets on my bed and I'm loving being toasty! I stole a little fan heater from work while the heating wasn't working to at least heat the bedroom. Now I can go to bed not wearing everything I own!

cheap oil filled radiators at Argos always good as a backup. fairly cheap to run too.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Its cold. Went out at luchtime to pick Katee up from the rail station. Got home and the heating was off.

Checked the combi boiler and its developed a fault, rang Brit Gas to come and fix it and the earliest they can manage is friday afternoon.

So we are sat here wrapped in fleeces and wondering what they would have done if we had a young family and a home with no heating.

No heat or hot water until friday, can't shower or wash or get warm. Suits our 20 yr old down to the ground as it does most male uni students "

Not sure if your on their cover but they promise if you call pre 11 am i think they will come out the same day. Looks like more hot wind from a multinational

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

We borrowed a small electric fan heater from neighbours last night, not much but at least it has a semblance of warmth. Then had a bright spark, switch on double gas oven and sit in the kitchen once it warmed up enough

To the poster who talked of reporting it. Yep we told Brit gas we had no heating or hot water, its a combi boiler and does both. The answer was they were currently stretched to the limit and friday was the earliest.

» Add a new message to this topic