FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fur coats ......

Fur coats ......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Santa in his wisdom has seen fit to leave you a real fur item of clothing, would you wear it, if not why not?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no i wouldnt

i dont eat meat, i wouldnt wear fur even if i could afford it lol

Im not one of these in your face people who preach my views but i just do not feel the need to have to kill aminals for clothing but then again when do people do anything for need now days

And no knickers xx

Thats a No No from me......Beautiful animals are getting extinct because of this trade !

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

God no!

Since work has stalled on my time machine I have been ploughing my resources into creating a re-animator booth. I would simply place the fur coat in my booth, press the orange button (made from a sink unblocker bottle) and watch as the coat re-animates into a majestic gaggle of live skunkpussies in front of my eyes. I would then release them to their natural habitat which I believe is sewers.

I frequent flea-markets and charity shops and have bought fur coats, the way I see it is I am re-cycling them and then I pass them on when there is a fur amnesty xxx

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not really fussed for a fur coat but I have a leather jacket... isn't that just the same?

Oh real fur coats are gorgeous, so soft, sleek and luxurious, they look beautiful - on animals! No I wouldnt buy a fur coat. I have though been whipped across the bottom with a rabbit fur whip, it was only done in jest as I wanted to know what whipping was like and the kind lady offering thought that one would be the best as Im a wimp, but it felt wrong, like I was getting whipped by the cast of Watership Down!

"I frequent flea-markets and charity shops and have bought fur coats, the way I see it is I am re-cycling them and then I pass them on when there is a fur amnesty xxx"

I would not buy a new one but like you said I would have a retro vintage one or one from a charity shop. A long one looks lovely under sexy undies when you slip it off.

But would only have vintage,before you all attack me.

"Thats a No No from me......Beautiful animals are getting extinct because of this trade ! "

That's not an argument you can use because nearly all fur comes from farmed stocks so you could argue that the fur trade protects endangered species. Moral issues on this are different though but if the worked went meat free in diets most animals for the table would have never lived in the first place.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Wouldn't wear a fur coat at any time! Not even as a "recycling" effort! Justifying the wearing of a second hand fur just feeds the need for more and more.

Today, only a fur snob could really tell the difference between synthetic and real and mostly by the label! The problem is not about the killing of animals, most animals kill others for food. It is about killing animals for fashion! Unforgivable in my eyes...

On the subject of Leather which was mentioned above, that is a whole different argument. Anyone who eats meat has to accept that leather is a by-product of the whole animals for food process. If we are going to eat meat, then we have to kill things. If we kill things, then we have a duty not to waste anything.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Thats a No No from me......Beautiful animals are getting extinct because of this trade !

That's not an argument you can use because nearly all fur comes from farmed stocks so you could argue that the fur trade protects endangered species. Moral issues on this are different though but if the worked went meat free in diets most animals for the table would have never lived in the first place."

Firstly, just because they are bred for their fur it doesn't make it any more palitable to kill for fashion.

Secondly, "nearly all" is pointing out that some is poached and those are generally the endangered animals. Where have you ever seen "Farmed Tiger Skin"? You wont!

Thirdly, Animals bred for the table are not the ones used for fur coats! Leather, as I said in my previous post is a different argument

Been done for 100,s of years and all the publicity in the world wont stop it, people regardless of public opinion will want to and continue to wear furs.

David.

Beaver lamb and astrakhan fur coats are what I have, have worn them for years and they are both made out of sheepskin which is dyed and processed, and as we all know lamb/mutton is eaten therefore these fur coats are by products of food, albeit from many years ago.

Edinburgh

"

Today, only a fur snob could really tell the difference between synthetic and real and mostly by the label! The problem is not about the killing of animals, most animals kill others for food. It is about killing animals for fashion! Unforgivable in my eyes...

On the subject of Leather which was mentioned above, that is a whole different argument. Anyone who eats meat has to accept that leather is a by-product of the whole animals for food process. If we are going to eat meat, then we have to kill things. If we kill things, then we have a duty not to waste anything. "

Sorry... I chopped up your post... I'm not a fur snob but we had a posh do at work a while back and one of the guests had a fur on... I was chatting to her as she was leaving and said that I just wanted to stroke her... she told me to feel free and then whispered that it was mink... I'm assuming from her whisper that she was slightly concerned about admitting that. Made me wonder why bother buying real if you're embarrassed about it but when I touched it there is a huge difference between that and synthetic. I dare say if you have that sort of money and move in those circles then fake fur probably wouldn't come into it.

I have to say if felt lush but I'm in the not killing animals for the sake of fashion camp so a real fur really wouldn't interest me but at the same time it doesn't worry me enough to actively do anything about it. It's been going on years and will no doubt continue.

"Thats a No No from me......Beautiful animals are getting extinct because of this trade !

That's not an argument you can use because nearly all fur comes from farmed stocks so you could argue that the fur trade protects endangered species. Moral issues on this are different though but if the worked went meat free in diets most animals for the table would have never lived in the first place.

Firstly, just because they are bred for their fur it doesn't make it any more palitable to kill for fashion.

Secondly, "nearly all" is pointing out that some is poached and those are generally the endangered animals. Where have you ever seen "Farmed Tiger Skin"? You wont!

Thirdly, Animals bred for the table are not the ones used for fur coats! Leather, as I said in my previous post is a different argument

"

“Nearly all” was put because nearly always there is some pedantic self-righteous person on here who would pull up some animal killed like a wild rabbit or the like for a coat. You will find though furriers want clean undamaged pelts so the animals are dealt with in a clean un-messy way unlike the way some pigs and chickens are slaughtered. Now you use a Tiger skin as an example and you won’t find it at all being used as the hide is too thick to be pliable.

Another clarification on leather. You will find that cows are specifically farmed for leather not meat. The hide is the priority and often these animals have a high fat content and are unsuitable for the table so they go into animal food so you could argue wearing leather is no more ethical than fur.

Edinburgh

"Another clarification on leather. You will find that cows are specifically farmed for leather not meat. The hide is the priority and often these animals have a high fat content and are unsuitable for the table so they go into animal food so you could argue wearing leather is no more ethical than fur."

Yeah see I did wonder about that. Well I love my leather jacket and all my leather shoes so I guess that makes me a fickle hypocrite!

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

I have a fur Ushanka (oo-er!), have had it about 10 years, and it has literally saved my life on at least 2 occasions when I was a silly billy and could have easily died out in the cold. It's pretty unique - I killed every one of them thar wabbits which went into making it, ate most of them, fed ferrets with the waste, the tails were used to make fishing flies. A legitimate use of vermin, which has had a life running about free in the fields.

This year I've noticed people wearing manufactured Ushanka, and though they look miles better than my scruffy old bit of tat (a rabbit isn't exactly huge, it took ages to get suitable skins, especially with my amateur skinning and tanning), I don't like to see people wearing them.

The reason is because they come from Chinese fur farms, and if you have ever watched one of the videos of the animals being skinned alive on an industrial scale, it is sickening. They are nicked with a knife, plunged into boiling water and with a flick of the wrist, the animal is skinned and left to die. Horrific, truly horrific.

If you don't care too much about the fur debate, just wear what looks good, that's fine, you should watch some of the videos, (they are easy to find, try PETA's website for a start)and see how you feel then. Refusing to watch things like this is worse than watching them and deciding you don't give a shit and will wear fur anyway, IMHO.

Tucked away in my attic I have 2.. a mink one, and another that I forget what it is..

Both given to me by my mother, who loved her fur coats.

I have to say I dont actually have a problem with them.. see it as no different to leather etc.. as long as its not some super rare animal fur.

i mrs Game see her self as the panter x i have a long black fur not real...... nothing under i meet in x just red lips nails and heels

No need to wear furs now that we have excellent man-made alternatives.

However, I would love to be a tart and wear very little under a fur coat one day.

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

as j says.grrrrr,so no fur needed here

"Santa in his wisdom has seen fit to leave you a real fur item of clothing, would you wear it, if not why not?"

I would burn the bugger cuz i couldnt give it back to the poor animals it came off.

And anyone thinking of getting one...just watch them batter the poor seal pups to death to make them.

Or go kill the animal your self and then wear it.

Surely it should depend upon where the skin came from. Peeps all over wearing leather coats and they come from animals, feathers in quilts etc. If fur came from, say, a rabbit or other animal which was culled for food, I see no reason why the whole animal should not be utitilsed rather than wasted.

I have a faux fur coat myself.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

I wouldn't give up my polar bear-cub fur coat, and panda cub fur mittens for anybody

» Add a new message to this topic