FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > break in ..grrr :-(

break in ..grrr :-(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *prite128 OP   Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

Not at mine ( unless they had ice skates it might be tricky ) but at my partners house last night. Nothing taken as they couldnt get in but a smashed window , damaged window frame and fence. Plus time off work to deal with police, glaziers and insurance people today.

most of all its the loss of feeling safe isnt it ... its a lovely village in rural leicestershire too, though I know it can happen anywhere. Was burgled myself while asleep upstairs with a new born baby - never felt the same in the house again after that.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

At least they did'nt actually get in,but the thought of what the house may have been like if they did is just too scary,sadly its coming up to that time of year when people have houses full of lovely nickable items more than the rest of the year

Personally I would feel sick if it was our house,So I can understand how you felt when you said the house never felt the same when you had a break in

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

We feel for you. Our home in Spain was burgled around this time 2 years ago. We lost about £5000 of uninsured stuff.

Together with a new rear door and frame which was totally trashed and an electric entry gate which they smashed to pieces trying to get a car in.

Its the feeling of being violated thats the worst, each time we visit you dread to think what you may find.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I always feel sympathy for anyone who is burgled... just the violation of it all it would freak me out... i Had the wall next to my house door daubed with graffti a few years back and that was bad enough for me to get twitchy....

Someone broke in here and tidied up

Forum Mod

"Someone broke in here and tidied up "

send them here!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sorry to here that sprite. Thankfully they didnt get in but it must be aweful not to feel safe. I rarely locked my back and front door but i do now

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

It is the feeling that somebody unwanted has been snooping around your personal space that gets you more than anything. My garden is a tip, no other way to describe it. I get the fekkin pikeies trying to steal "scrap" metal and one walked off with a can of diesel. OK, it`s small fry but it`s mine and I`ve had to bloody well work for it one way or another and some louse thinks it`s quite OK to just waltz in and walk off with it!

Oh dear, sorry to hear that!

It's a horrible feeling knowing that someone has tried to invade your place- I'm so very glad I live 3 floors up (out of breath) and have a rottie (yum- I eat people!) And I have neighbours who care and will investigate weird noises :o) (including me breaking into my own house!)

maidstone

thanks everyone ..he's more peed off than anything, whereas i know im going to be listening to every single noise next weekend

Granny, one which tidied up might have been a good thing lol

we had a break in last year, the frightening thing was when we got home they were still in the property but they ran out the back door as we came in. We found a knife in every room, they had taken them for security for if we had come in and caught them. They had trashed our bedroom and i threw a lot of items out as i could not bear to keep them.

We were insured but some things they took were of sentimental value and can never be replaced.

We know just how he feels Sprite xxx

maidstone

"we had a break in last year, the frightening thing was when we got home they were still in the property but they ran out the back door as we came in. We found a knife in every room, they had taken them for security for if we had come in and caught them. They had trashed our bedroom and i threw a lot of items out as i could not bear to keep them.

We were insured but some things they took were of sentimental value and can never be replaced.

We know just how he feels Sprite xxx"

omg thats awful...i know how vulnerable i felt knowing someone had been in my house while i'd been asleep

xx

» Add a new message to this topic