FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Quitting smoking

Quitting smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obleton OP   Man  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I've been a reformed smoker for 10 days now and every roll-up I see looks like it was made by god, rolled by jesus and moistened shut on megan foxes fanny.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

keep with it xxx

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

good luck.

Yes keep with it, id love to be in your shoes, tried to give up loads, just got to be in the right mood, stressing with 50hr working week and huge debts, oh yes and little time for meets

well done you xxxxxxBIG kiss x and i bet you smell better for it too xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

very well done, keep going.

Forum Mod

I really do need to get my eyes done

I thought he said 10 yrs!

Well done you and keep at it xxxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Well done, it's well worth giving them up! Z

Bolton

Oh, I've just remembered a bit of advice I got, don't think of yourself as a person who has given up smoking, you're a non smoker - apparently it makes a difference phycologically Z

"I've been a reformed smoker for 10 days now and every roll-up I see looks like it was made by god, rolled by jesus and moistened shut on megan foxes fanny."

God made your lungs...Jesus sent that fella off into the desert to eat locusts so I wouldn't take his advise and just because Megan Fox looks hot it doesn't mean she doesn't have a sweaty fanny after a work out. Plus I heard she has crabs.

So grab a coffee, dunk a digestive in it & leave the fags alone

By *obleton OP   Man  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"Yes keep with it, id love to be in your shoes, tried to give up loads, just got to be in the right mood, stressing with 50hr working week and huge debts, oh yes and little time for meets "

I'm in a similar position (aren't we all these days)- a friend loaned me a Paul mckenna self hypnosis cd - I listened to it twice and stopped smoking within 2 days - the first week was still bloody murder tho but it definitely did something.

"I've been a reformed smoker for 10 days now and every roll-up I see looks like it was made by god, rolled by jesus and moistened shut on megan foxes fanny.

God made your lungs...Jesus sent that fella off into the desert to eat locusts so I wouldn't take his advise and just because Megan Fox looks hot it doesn't mean she doesn't have a sweaty fanny after a work out. Plus I heard she has crabs.

So grab a coffee, dunk a digestive in it & leave the fags alone "

And I've heard her fanny smells of 2 week old rotted kippers!!!

you're not alone mate, i'm the same and i smoked allsorts, dont touch a thing anymore but still crave a smoke all the time, stay strong!

Same here chap stopped about 6 pm last Friday night and am fairly climbing the Walls at the moment. I find it's the boredom thatakese want to smoke and after every meal which was my usual time. Anyhow keep at it I plan to.

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

21 Days and 11 hours 57 sec's since my last cigarette,

do I miss it ?

do I want one ?

do I now understand why they banned it in pubs and clubs

you bet I do miss it

you bet I do want one

and yes I understand why they rightly banned it in pubs and clubs

OK I'm only a few days into giving up but I can now smell a ciggy at a 1000 yards and I have to say I already hate that smell.

also I've had to wash my entire wardrobe and spring clean my flat wash the bedding and have a cleaning company come in and clean the carpets and,

and when I have friends round they ask for an ashtray I ask them to take it outside and smoke it I get the oddest looks and reminded " your were a smoker once" to which I answer " the operative word there is ONCE"

finally the government have recognised that smokers are in fact drug addicts and put in place the right help to enable all of us who smoke to kick a habit that is akin to drug taking

Hang in there I have been quit now for 3 months and just think of the money you'll save and your stamina will improve.

am not on a sale pitch here but Allen Carr's (no not the comedian) Easyway to stop smoking is a really good book to read about it, it tries to change your opinion, it reckons the mistake people make is they see it as making a sacrifice, quitting for example comes across as a sacrifice, it tries to reprogram you to beleive you are free of the curse so to speak, its available in most good book stores or you can get the audiobooks off the web through official channels and illegal ones ill leave that to you to find though

last of all good luck

Simon

I stopped about 2 months ago, just went 'cold turkey' it gets easier after a couple of weeks, the money I have saved on the fags has paid for Christmas... I am now at the stage that I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes and find myself looking at smokers with disdain, which is bad considering I smoked for 20+ years. Keep with it mate, it is worth it in the end.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

10 days is good going so congrats. By now you've already improved your health levels.

Here's some info you may find useful...

Within 20 minutes, blood pressure decreases, pulse returns to its normal level

After 8 hours, carbon monoxide levels in the blood return to normal, oxygen level increases

After 24 hours, chance of heart attack starts to decrease; breath, hair and body stop smelling like smoke

After 48 hours, damaged nerve endings begin to recover; sense of taste and smell improve

After 72 hours, the body is virtually free of nicotine; bronchial tubes relax, breathing becomes easier

After 2–12 weeks, lungs can hold more air, exercise becomes easier and circulation improves

Longer-term effects include:

After 1 year, the risk of coronary heart disease is cut in half

After 5 years, the risk of stroke falls to the same as a non-smoker

After 10 years, the risk of lung cancer is cut in half and the risk of other cancers decreases significantly

After 15 years, the risk of coronary heart disease drops, usually to the level of a non-smoker

Bolton

You missed the main advantage: You'll no longer stink! Apparently there is an additive in fags that makes the smoker unable to smell how bad they smell! Z

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Yes, good point. And that's pretty much immediate!

I would give up....but I am not a quitter

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

what you need is my dad on your case

when we were younger he found out me and my sister had started smoking so he threatened to take me to hospices to see people dying of cancer and to see family graves of people who died of cancer etc

ok, granted we didnt have a major habit at the age of 14 but it scared the crap out ofe and i never smoked since

my sister on the other hand is a hard bitch and smokes to this day although she still wont smoke in front of my dad

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I feel for you honey. I gave up for 9 weeks before caving. I've smoked for the last 2 weekends and most of last week. I WILL give up again tho. I have no choice, I have to. Stick with it, after a couple of weeks you won't even think about the fact you're not smoking anymore.

I caved having a smoker in the house all weekend to stay. It was an easy excuse

*Her*

"You missed the main advantage: You'll no longer stink! Apparently there is an additive in fags that makes the smoker unable to smell how bad they smell! Z"

And don't forget the increased chance of a meet! R

XX

» Add a new message to this topic