By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

och well... onwards and upwards.

xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If it turns out that fecking programme tipped the scales........... grrrrrrrrr.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ha ha do you think the BBC will come under fire due to the Panorama programme? Can't wait to see the papers tomorrow.

"If it turns out that fecking programme tipped the scales........... grrrrrrrrr."
..... You'll do what ¿

* Creeps round graveyard *

Should the head of the BBC be sacked for allowing it to be aired with such poor timing?

The BBC is hereby banned from this house. Fookin tossers!!!!!

"If it turns out that fecking programme tipped the scales........... grrrrrrrrr. ..... You'll do what ¿

* Creeps round graveyard *"

I don't know yet.... hence the grrrrrrrr

FUCK ME!

Have you seen who got 2022!!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago
Forum Mod

qatar???

I don't think they have ever had a team qualify.

"FUCK ME!

Have you seen who got 2022!!!!"

Should be interesting ... 000's of 'westerners' pouring into a muslim state.

Looks like I'll be giving two world cups a wide swerve now! At least I know when to go on holiday in those years.

Abramovic smiling broadly BEFORE the announcement???

Amazing what you can buy with a few roubles huh???

Forum Mod

I wonder whats gonna be the Russian version of the vuvuzela

"Should the head of the BBC be sacked for allowing it to be aired with such poor timing?"

Yes. Without a doubt.

Qatar for 2022

England lost it's big to host the next world cup David Cameron was banking on it to Boost the Economy, but now that Russia is going to host it mr Cameron wants us to dig deeper and pay more taxes, thanks to the Birmingham fans last night running riot at the carling cup game they cost us the next world cup and we could have more cut backs from the Tories

"qatar???"

At least the hoolies won't get a drink and their hands chopped off if they fight. Playing on sand could be tough though.

Money talks..

"England lost it's big to host the next world cup David Cameron was banking on it to Boost the Economy, but now that Russia is going to host it mr Cameron wants us to dig deeper and pay more taxes, thanks to the Birmingham fans last night running riot at the carling cup game they cost us the next world cup and we could have more cut backs from the Tories "

I don't think it had anything to do with Birmingham. The BBC lost us this world cup by accusing most of FIFA's officials of being corrupt. THREE DAYS AGO!!

"Money talks.. "
what he said

* creeps round graveyard *

We wont get the World Cup or the Euro's as long as Blatter and Platini are in office.

Both are anti English in my opinion.

"If it turns out that fecking programme tipped the scales........... grrrrrrrrr. ..... You'll do what ¿

* Creeps round graveyard *"

OK, the first thing is to send an email to the BBC through their feedback link.

This may seem tame, but because the way the BBC is funded they have to disclose trends in complaints.... so I hope others do the same.

I am now editing the content of this email to send to my MP and to Dickhead Cameron. Again not a huge thing to do, but if enough people do it, who knows.... some c*nt might have to take responsibilty for their decision to let that programme be aired when it was.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We wont get the World Cup or the Euro's as long as Blatter and Platini are in office.

Both are anti English in my opinion.

"

totally agree

The people of Scotland have taken to the streets already. Singing, dancing, embracing each other, (almost) buying each other drinks and generally having a rerr terr.

The downside (there's aye a downside) means ever more re-runs of Wembley 1966

Good to see Cameron scuttling home as soon as he knew he'd fucked it up (again). Expect to see much, much more of this in the weeks to come.

"The people of Scotland have taken to the streets already. Singing, dancing, embracing each other, (almost) buying each other drinks and generally having a rerr terr.

Good to see Cameron scuttling home as soon as he knew he'd fucked it up (again). Expect to see much, much more of this in the weeks to come."

What is it with you Scottish

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

not all of us...

"The people of Scotland have taken to the streets already. Singing, dancing, embracing each other, (almost) buying each other drinks and generally having a rerr terr.

Good to see Cameron scuttling home as soon as he knew he'd fucked it up (again). Expect to see much, much more of this in the weeks to come."

Perhaps the people of Scotland, in their mirth and merriment, will not see where they are going and dance themselves straight into the fookin North Sea.

One can hope.

Good to see Cameron scuttling home as soon as he knew he'd fucked it up (again). Expect to see much, much more of this in the weeks to come.

Perhaps the people of Scotland, in their mirth and merriment, will not see where they are going and dance themselves straight into the fookin North Sea.

One can hope. "

pmsl

Not surprised at all

One can hope. "

Dinnae haud yer breath

One can hope.

Dinnae haud yer breath "

Yes, that's what I was hoping they'd do too... when they're in the North Sea.

"England lost it's big to host the next world cup David Cameron was banking on it to Boost the Economy, but now that Russia is going to host it mr Cameron wants us to dig deeper and pay more taxes, thanks to the Birmingham fans last night running riot at the carling cup game they cost us the next world cup and we could have more cut backs from the Tories

I don't think it had anything to do with Birmingham. The BBC lost us this world cup by accusing most of FIFA's officials of being corrupt. THREE DAYS AGO!!

"

Spot on.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

One can hope.

Dinnae haud yer breath

Yes, that's what I was hoping they'd do too... when they're in the North Sea. "

Some of us Scots couldn't care less about football so, I'm afraid to say Wishy, you won't ged rid of us all that easilly!

I can take or leave most politicians, but I must say that Cameron has gone up in my estimation as a statesman when I see how he handled the whole bid effort. He knew we weren't favorites and no politician wants to take risks of being a 'figurehead' on a losing side. It would have been easier for him to leave it to someone else, less risky.

I won't say I'm a supporter, but I will say well done Cameron for doing the right thing.

I always thought that anywhere north of the Watford Gap wasnt classed as England.

I personally wanted the World Cup in England but like someone said above as long as Platini and Blatter in charge its never going to happen. The only bonus for the next time England can apply for 2038 is that both should be 6ft under!

"I always thought that anywhere north of the Watford Gap wasnt classed as England.

I personally wanted the World Cup in England but like someone said above as long as Platini and Blatter in charge its never going to happen. The only bonus for the next time England can apply for 2038 is that both should be 6ft under!"

so will most of us posting here

I'm done with international football. After the shambles of this year, and now this joke of a 'vote' - nah, I just can't be arsed with it anymore. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned.

As Sir Alex Ferguson has said, the Champion's League is more important than the world cup anyway.

"I'm done with international football. After the shambles of this year, and now this joke of a 'vote' - nah, I just can't be arsed with it anymore. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned.

As Sir Alex Ferguson has said, the Champion's League is more important than the world cup anyway."

It is for a Scotsman

2 votes!! That's astonishing. I don't want to seem a bad loser but I just don't believe 2 votes in the first round is a fair return.

The Russians were favourites last week so don’t see what all the fuss is about, the bookies are seldom wrong.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"qatar???

At least the hoolies won't get a drink and their hands chopped off if they fight. Playing on sand could be tough though."

I bet the atmosphere in Qatar is electric at the moment - An Electric Qater!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"qatar???

At least the hoolies won't get a drink and their hands chopped off if they fight. Playing on sand could be tough though.

I bet the atmosphere in Qatar is electric at the moment - An Electric Qater!"

Sorry.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"not all of us...

"

I am so glad about that, but still and all, very sad to see from people not like you.

Don't know why anyone is surprised, it was never going to happen, not when Blatter and Platini are pulling the strings.

Most of the rest of the world wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire, but would and often do take from us, in many forms, ie charity, financial aid and military support to name a few.

I'm with Wishy as far as international football is concerned. I think I've been let down too many times by players under performing, unfair decisions going against us and so on.

Oh, fuck it, I'm going for a beer

".......

Most of the rest of the world wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire, ........

....................."

That's just about the long and short of it. Most of the world hates England (and America) with a passion.

In the case of England it's a bit unfair because most of the bad stuff (Imperialism and recent wars to name but two) are a British thing but England gets the blame because a lot of the world can't tell the difference between England and Britain.

A tenner wasn't enough in the brown envelope.

Better luck next time England.

I assume cultural differences don't make a difference

At least after the 2022 World Cup, Qatar will have some cracking stadiums to stone women in.

"I assume cultural differences don't make a difference

At least after the 2022 World Cup, Qatar will have some cracking stadiums to stone women in."

Actually, if I understand the Qatar bid, they won't.

They plan to dismantle the stadia and ship bits of them around the world to be part of new stadia in places where football isn't high profile.

By *HAGADELICCouple  over a year ago

south london

Never mind the bribery stuff. If money had been the only thing in it then the England bid would have been chosen as the england would have been the most profitable for FIFA.

In the end they chose to give the tournaments to two countries which have NEVER hosted before.

And that's a good thing -for football.

You could say we have had our turn as had many of the other countries pitching bids ( if not world cups then euro championships.)

As for Quatar then good luck to them, the first time a WC in a middle eastern country and a middle eastern country that's not extreme and is friendly to the west. That's spreading football and can onbly be good for the game.

It might show people in the middle east that in the west we are not such satans and show people in the west that not all Arabs are mad fanatics

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Speaking as a non football Englishman, I think "we" thought the result was a foregone conclusion in our favour and I don`t think the BBC programme or the hooliganism last night had anything to do with us losing.

I think we shouldn`t be so bloody greedy, after all, we`ve got the Olympics next year and we`ve already had the football. Russia hasn`t and to perfectly honest they`re welcome to it!

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

I am truly devasted that we are not going to host this earth-shatteringly spectacular event. I am currently in the queue to speak to a Samaritan's advisor.

Giving Qatar the world cup is like giving Somalia the international boating show.

Fifa are corrupt,England have everything in place..

where is the logic behind this decision to award the 2018 World Cup to the Ruskies?

Oh Yes.. Money

[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 19:05:19]

Of the TWO votes we received in the first round, one of them was OUR OWN, and it's a safe bet to assume the other was from America.

TWO fookin votes from 21!

We now know who our friends really are and the next time we're asked to contribute foreign aid to some stupid arse country who can't take care of themselves we should simply tell them to piss off.

England had saved all their Nectar Points too

No match for Gas and Oil reserves tho

"Speaking as a non football Englishman"

But you DON'T speak for all the football-loving fans in this country which makes your _iew on today's corruption completely irrelevant.

and we can actually win this one, in the past France and Germany have failed to reach Moscow

Tayside

"

TWO fookin votes from 21!

"

It was actually 2 from 22

or

1 from 21 (if you discount England voting for itself)

as a Scotsman can i say haha lol

(hate football but even i know about 1066 and 1966 )

ducks now

south london

Might be idealistic but if the Qataris pull it off and give the "stadium kits" to countries which can't afford them then good on them. Ok it was a sweetener to get the prestige of the tournament but still good for football.

And really Qatar is nothing like Somalia! that's just daft - Qatar is a wealthy country where people are law abiding it's safe to walk the streets,It's by no means as "free" as the UK is -but not the worst and one of the better middle eastern countries.

And all these people coming in from abroad for the WC can only make it better

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

All had a good vent now, have we?

If England had lost and THEN Panorama had come out, you'd all be complaining to the BBC "why didn't you say so earlier?"

Having said that - FIFA corrupt? Really? Next week on Panorama, some suprising news about the religious persuasion of the Pope...

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Qatar one - it's the equivalent of Norfolk and Suffolk combined in terms of size and population, and their team is 113 in the world, just below Wales. Should be fun, although actually attending may be less likely...

"as a Scotsman can i say haha lol

ducks now "

that's ok. according to an earlier post the qatari stadiums are going to be sent to low profile footballing nations..

Scotland would seem an ideal destination if thats the case

ffs we will have anything for free , might be better built then wembley lmao

"...........,England have everything in place..

................"

That may be part of the problem.

Part of FIFA's remit is to try to expand football to places where it isn't as big or as popular as in other places or where facilities at grass roots levels are't as readily available as in other countries. That's why Brazil and South Africa have hosted the cup in recent years.

"

We now know who our friends really are and the next time we're asked to contribute foreign aid to some stupid arse country who can't take care of themselves we should simply tell them to piss off."

Absolutely. Next Tsunami, they can all fuck off, because the fella that represents their FA prefers to hold a World Cup somewhere it hasn't been before.

ducks now

that's ok. according to an earlier post the qatari stadiums are going to be sent to low profile footballing nations..

Scotland would seem an ideal destination if thats the case "

We have the stadia. We just don't have the home grown talent.

nice to see you finally got that time machine to work..how was the WC 2014?

ducks now

Scotland would seem an ideal destination if thats the case "

What's the point giving new stadia to Scotland when they don't know what to do with them apart from piss up the wall outside or sit on the crossbar until it snaps.

i cant remember i was pissed for the quailfiers and still not sobered up

Tayside

[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 19:24:51]

Tayside

"[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 19:24:51]"

I was that bored speaking about football, I deleted it

or was it nonsense

Forum Mod

Oi! pack it in with all the English/Scottish stuff

Thats not why I started the thread

Scottish men.......I did'nt see a kilt at all yesterday and im very dissapointed

"Oi! pack it in with all the English/Scottish stuff

"

*goes to find a mod to say "people will respond to threads how they wish"*

Forum Mod

*goes to find a mod to say "people will respond to threads how they wish"*

"

haha!

I just don't like the rivalry had enough of the nastiness during the world cup

Tayside

"or was it nonsense "

Nah it was boredom (that made me post it in the first place) and prefer Rugby anyway, there isn't the same "hating" of other nations as there always seems to be on Football threads!

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

1)I dont see what all the fuss is about as the BBC reported the truth .

2) England did not have a god given right to host it anyway.

3) Russia were favourites before the corruption saga.

4) Scotland are shit at football and we know it.

5) England are mediocre at football but they think they are world beaters.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Scotland fans snapped the goalposts and not heads which is why they have on more than one occassion been voted best fans.

And to hell with this as I dont even like football.

" ..........

Scottish men.......I did'nt see a kilt at all yesterday and im very dissapointed "

Where were you?

It's not really the weather for the kilt, warm and all as they are. The risk of slipping is just too great.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Scottish men.......I did'nt see a kilt at all yesterday and im very dissapointed "

sorry about the kilts.

england winning the bid,would have been good for scotland.it would have given our football hooligans,somewhere to go over the summer 1018.

if honest,tv programmes,and newspaper articles.prevented england winning the bid.yous should be proud to live in a country,where honesty,and free speech,are still seen as a virtues.

although i suspect,the bung theory,to be the most plausible.

gutted was initial reaction as i was really looking forward to seeing a world cup in this country...

but after a few hours to reflect on it, i agree with some posters on here who say that FIFA is trying to open up football to the whole world and it makes a very welcome change from when it was either hosted in europe or south america...i enjoyed the tournaments in south korea and south africa and at the time of winning to host the world cup we all went ...eh??

good luck to russia and qatar..

Forum Mod

David Beckhams hair is looking a little Donald Trump at the moment

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"David Beckhams hair is looking a little Donald Trump at the moment "

yeah but I would still suck his cock till he sprayed a load...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Money talks......the Russians run their whole country and all it's industry/finance with the aid of bribes, is it really any surprise that they brought the World Cup?

I can't believe that anyone really thought it would end up any other way.

Forum Mod

"David Beckhams hair is looking a little Donald Trump at the moment

yeah but I would still suck his cock till he sprayed a load... "

Id use it to sort his hair out

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 20:44:14]

Torquay

Russia also boasts one of the worst record for racial hatred at football matches (second only to Serbia on FIFA/UEFA bans)

With probably well in excess of half of the players at the 2018 World Cup being a skin colour other than white it could prove very interesting......I would guess their only ever major tournament, quickly followed by a lifetime ban from ever holding another.

I lived in Qatar for a year, teaching. In June it's 50+ degrees with 90% humidity. "every" bit of you pours with sweat and you gasp for breath. Should make for interesting football don't you think. I smell corruption.

"David Beckhams hair is looking a little Donald Trump at the moment

yeah but I would still suck his cock till he sprayed a load...

Id use it to sort his hair out "

Mullets are making a comback don't you know.

It's going to be great playing and watching football in June in the Middle East. Temperatures will be between 40-50

Are the new Qatar stadiums going to be indoor ones?

Anybody know?

FIFA World Cup Shortlist 2026

Timbuktu, Cayman Islands, North Pole, Narnia.

"FIFA World Cup Shortlist 2026

Timbuktu, Cayman Islands, North Pole, Narnia."

Why isn't Scotland on that list

Why isn't Scotland on that list "

Narnia outvoted them.

Someone has just suggested the winner should host the next tournament.

That'd stop England (and Scotland) ever thinking they can host it again.

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"I lived in Qatar for a year, teaching. In June it's 50+ degrees with 90% humidity. "every" bit of you pours with sweat and you gasp for breath. Should make for interesting football don't you think. I smell corruption.

"

and they might have to wear burkas , they will be sweating like .......those things you cant mention that go oink

south london

blimey will be hot in Qatar in June suppose there'll be a tendency for morning and evening games

Completely missed out talking about Russia now!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Why isn't Scotland on that list

Narnia outvoted them. "

What about San Marino

south london

Just heard a good suggestion on TV to stop the nonsense next world cup always goes to the winner of the last just like eurovision

so we still won't be hosting it then

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"David Beckhams hair is looking a little Donald Trump at the moment "

and donald trumps hair looks like mine

Who gives a toss - it's only a silly bloody game of football ...

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

"If it turns out that fecking programme tipped the scales........... grrrrrrrrr."

Money in Russia, money in the middle east, money and corruption go together, Panorama, cant blame them for saying as it is.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

It was never going to happen...all that money spunked up the wall putting a case together..just another sad reflection of what has happened to the 'beautiful game'...football should be the peoples game...everything about the premiership and its so called 'stars' is wrong..

Give me lower league any day

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

If the Panoraa prog and newspaper headlines went out today instead of b4 the announcement, everybody would be shouting "CROOKS"

It appears, if you heed the reports coming out of Zurich, that our chances were well scuppered a couple of years ago when FIFA 'suggested' we weren't putting our big guns behind the campaign and all that trouble with Lord whatsisname criticising FIFA. The British media are notorious across the world and one suggestion is that FIFA didn't want the scrutiny of the British press for the next 7 years - I wonder why?

Another reports suggests that the British FA doesn't get involved in the day to day stuff of FIFA committees and we end up as a fringe player when major decisions need to be taken. Also that the FA and The Premiership either cannot, or will not, resolve their differences.

Then we had the Double Whammy of two World Cups awarded on the same day which meant that those bidding for 2022 actively courted the attentions of those bidding for 2018 in return for votes.

Then we had FIFA Executive members promising votes and switching loyalties at the last possible minute (or else they simply lied and never had any intention of voting for England).

Taking all that into account, plus the Panorama programme and the Sunday Times articles attacking Jack Warner - we never stood a chance in hell of getting 2018.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

David Cameron moaning about being lied to...'hows it feel mate?

"David Cameron moaning about being lied to...'hows it feel mate?"

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"It appears, if you heed the reports coming out of Zurich, that our chances were well scuppered a couple of years ago when FIFA 'suggested' we weren't putting our big guns behind the campaign and all that trouble with Lord whatsisname criticising FIFA. The British media are notorious across the world and one suggestion is that FIFA didn't want the scrutiny of the British press for the next 7 years - I wonder why?

Another reports suggests that the British FA doesn't get involved in the day to day stuff of FIFA committees and we end up as a fringe player when major decisions need to be taken. Also that the FA and The Premiership either cannot, or will not, resolve their differences.

Then we had the Double Whammy of two World Cups awarded on the same day which meant that those bidding for 2022 actively courted the attentions of those bidding for 2018 in return for votes.

Then we had FIFA Executive members promising votes and switching loyalties at the last possible minute (or else they simply lied and never had any intention of voting for England).

Taking all that into account, plus the Panorama programme and the Sunday Times articles attacking Jack Warner - we never stood a chance in hell of getting 2018."

It was all down to money. Not money for the grass roots game but money in individuals back pockets. Unfortunately its how things often happen. Russia will not get the same number of visitors as England or Spain would but i can see they deserve the opportunity.

Qatar on the other hand makes no sense at all.

» Add a new message to this topic