FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > who is stuck at home.

who is stuck at home.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

heavy snow here this morning and all the schools are closed.

i dont have any kids but how many of you have had to change plans because the schools are closed?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

school closed, but managed to drive daughter to her friends right near the school ffs

Booked a cab to take me to the station last night.

This morning my train service is cancelled so intended to take the cab to work...cab company phoned to cancel booking as no drivers!

My daughter can't get to work either, but that's not her main concern, no buses, snow means she can't see her boyfriend - lol!!

Another day under the duvet and electric blanket with Judge Judy for me!

Wish i was stuck at home but the roads are clear here and me customers are waiting

Shortish day today thou so not too bad lol xx

i was supposed to be working in london and afterwards company party but im snowed in and cant even get a cab to get me to the station so im working from home today and missing out on the party

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Booked a cab to take me to the station last night.

This morning my train service is cancelled so intended to take the cab to work...cab company phoned to cancel booking as no drivers!

My daughter can't get to work either, but that's not her main concern, no buses, snow means she can't see her boyfriend - lol!!

Another day under the duvet and electric blanket with Judge Judy for me! "

Dont forget to take pics!

All Schools open round here and I'm at work. Hoping it stops snowing soon because I need to drive to Manchester on Saturday and I think it's quite bad up there

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I'm stuck at home and should be off to sunnier climes but flights have been cancelled. I'm off to sit in the corner and cry, then get rip-roraring d*unk!!!!!

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"I'm stuck at home and should be off to sunnier climes but flights have been cancelled. I'm off to sit in the corner and cry, then get rip-roraring d*unk!!!!!"

aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo

"aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo "

Its mine tmw.. and no cards or presents as no post for 2 days Cant get takeaway delievered, or Home delievery from Asda.. Car is snowed in.. and I now have a cold

maidstone

"aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo

Its mine tmw.. and no cards or presents as no post for 2 days Cant get takeaway delievered, or Home delievery from Asda.. Car is snowed in.. and I now have a cold "

aww Katie xx I made a cake last night and i had a card from my lads today ... havent had any post since monday but that means no bills as well as no cards. At least modern technology means ive had emails and FB messages x

Livingston

"I'm stuck at home and should be off to sunnier climes but flights have been cancelled. I'm off to sit in the corner and cry, then get rip-roraring d*unk!!!!!

aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo "

Happy Birthday Sprite xxxxx

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We're stuck in some god awful hotel in Jamaica, sun, sand, Scuba diving, free booze, all the food you can eat.................... ............. oh its just so awful

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Could be worse...imagine waking up the morning after a meet and being snowed it at someone else's?

Ps Happy Birthday Sprite

Livingston

"We're stuck in some god awful hotel in Jamaica, sun, sand, Scuba diving, free booze, all the food you can eat.................... ............. oh its just so awful "

feck aff you two, lol

[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 12:10:04]

I am lucky I have today and tomorrow off. Yesterday was 4 hrs traveling

Norfolk

[Removed by poster at 02/12/10 12:10:24]

Norfolk

"We're stuck in some god awful hotel in Jamaica, sun, sand, Scuba diving, free booze, all the food you can eat.................... ............. oh its just so awful

feck aff you two, lol "

damn spelling

Plenty of that too

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Again the roads are not to bad around me... but my boss said I wasn't to do anything stupid. So I went out to do some work... stopped at the co-op and found they had some sausage rolls still warm from the bakery. I decided it would be stupid to let them go cold and stupid not to have brown sauce on them... so I drove back home, ate them and decided it was stupid to go back out again.

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"heavy snow here this morning and all the schools are closed.

i dont have any kids but how many of you have had to change plans because the schools are closed?"

After reading all the posts It makes me realise how lucky I am to be retired

maidstone

"I'm stuck at home and should be off to sunnier climes but flights have been cancelled. I'm off to sit in the corner and cry, then get rip-roraring d*unk!!!!!

aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo

Happy Birthday Sprite xxxxx"

thankyou xxx

maidstone

"Could be worse...imagine waking up the morning after a meet and being snowed it at someone else's?

Ps Happy Birthday Sprite"

thankyou too xxx

maidstone

"Again the roads are not to bad around me... but my boss said I wasn't to do anything stupid. So I went out to do some work... stopped at the co-op and found they had some sausage rolls still warm from the bakery. I decided it would be stupid to let them go cold and stupid not to have brown sauce on them... so I drove back home, ate them and decided it was stupid to go back out again."

lol - very sensible

"Again the roads are not to bad around me... but my boss said I wasn't to do anything stupid. So I went out to do some work... stopped at the co-op and found they had some sausage rolls still warm from the bakery. I decided it would be stupid to let them go cold and stupid not to have brown sauce on them... so I drove back home, ate them and decided it was stupid to go back out again."

lol excellent

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Jay cant get too see me so im sad and need a cuddle

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

in the house since Friday.... only out to walk the mini anti christs... and to the local shop twice.

We`re stuck in Tenerife, supposed to fly back today, now won`t fly home until Tuesday....... Sorry guys.

2nd day stuck at home and fast becoming a slob

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

Clear roads and just a light dusting of snow here, but decided not to risk it anyway. In my dressing gown with a cuppa and a biscuit watching daytime tv.

think snow schools closed so stuck at home with the kids mind you I have flu so need to stay in but going stir crazy at the moment lol x

should be thick snow here

hmm should be prick show here ... but there isn't

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

in a white out here now........

all kids schools closed cant move the car. and been told they areclosed tomorrow too. self employed so not being paid either i'm not happy

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

aww thats rubbish !! Its my birthday today but plans for lunch and seeing my folks later all cancelled and my other half not able to get to see me tomorrow either even though his part of the east mids is clear! boo "

happy birthday xxxx

santa

my inlaws live in denmark, they have a few feet of snow, life goes on.

i know they are more set up for it, everyone has winter tyres for their cars etc

but its embarasing to be british sometimes, we are a laughing stock in other countries when it snows.

the gov said they had record amounts of grit this year, so why isnt it on the roads then? its not doing much good in a big pile in the yard.

around here there was no gritting until lunchtime today, the snow started last night at about 6pm and was forcast????

» Add a new message to this topic