FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Children of Thatcher

The Children of Thatcher

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

So William Hague has described himself, David Cameron, and George Osbourne as the 'Children of Thatcher'.

That is so feckin' scary....is it time to emigrate?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

But who'd be related to Brown or Satan, sorry Blair

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

the only difference between thatcher and the mottley crew we have today is that thatcher won her elections and this shower of sh*t couldnt beat a labour government that was on it knees and had to get clegg the lap dog to form a government.it will all end in tears when glegg gets murdered in the local elections next yr and his party turns on him not that they are doing that allready

no matter who is in charge the people come second.

mp's will always put themselves first regardless of what they say and only pass laws to make our lives harder.

in other countries the military take over or the people revolt like they do in france.

problem is we are a soft nation which takes everything on the chin and as soon as someone trys to make a difference they are shouted down and have no support.

is life in this country really that bad that we need to consider military coup's or people revolutions???

yes pensioners treated worse than criminals buissiness strangled with taxes and fuel hikes yet mps aint struggling as all the masses have to we need a revolt take a page out the french book the goverment back down as soon as farmers blockade the road

Remember the election broadcast by Eddy Izzard

"the tories are all Thatcher's children - be afraid, be very afraid"

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Her own children were bad enough without this bunch of pratts aswell

"yes pensioners treated worse than criminals buissiness strangled with taxes and fuel hikes yet mps aint struggling as all the masses have to we need a revolt take a page out the french book the goverment back down as soon as farmers blockade the road"

if things are as bad as you say then do something about it or go live somewhere else.....the country has been overspending for years/decades with welfare budgets growing beyond belief. yes i do agree that im pretty sure that mp's aint struggling....maybe approach the party of your choice and become one......then you are sorted!! look out for us swingers whilst you are in office though

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Ffs the she devil had children we didnt know about?

Too many antichrists running the country then god help us.

coal not dole

long may she rot in hell

central scotland

Cant wait till that party.

By *hebrummiesCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

lol, the term "Thatchers Children" comes from a long way back..

To quote one reference from the BBC News (easily found if you simply search for the term Thatchers Children):

Are we all Thatcher's children now?

Analysis

By Nick Assinder

BBC News Online political correspondent

The expression "we're all Thatcher's children" needs updating.

Thatcher's legacy is alive and kicking

The former Tory prime minister's legacy is so powerful, it is now suggested we have a generation of Thatcher's grandchildren.

That was most recently claimed by a teachers' leader who put much of the trouble in Britain's schools down to parents brought up during Margaret Thatcher's rule.

It is the most negative spin on Thatcherism, the notion that she encouraged a climate of selfish, uncaring greed.

According to Pat Lerew, the president of the NASUWT, modern parents were at school "when there was no such thing as society and it was everyone for themselves".

Teachers in the 1980s were seen as "failures in the success race", she told the union's annual conference, in Llandudno.

Good Samaritan

"Small wonder then that the children of the day grew up with attitudes that have now manifested themselves in their own children.

"This drive to be first and the devil take the hindmost attitude has bred an inevitable rise in aggression and bullying," she said.

Blair adopted some of Thatcher's reforms

It is the widely held view of Thatcherism, and the attitudes she encouraged, that her critics would say she amply demonstrated herself when she made the famous quotes about "no such thing as society" and that the Good Samaritan could only engage in his act of kindness because he was rich.

It is a view of her legacy that persists to this day. There is, of course an alternative view.

That is, that the first woman prime minister grabbed Britain by the scruff of the neck, took on vested interests such as the unions and shook industry, business and ossified institutions until they squealed.

She pioneered privatisation, encouraged enterprise, freed people and business from an over-intrusive state and promoted self-reliance and family values.

Radical reforms

At its most basic, it is said, she modernised Britain.

And, as he freely admits himself, Tony Blair accepted much of that was necessary.

In many ways, he can be cast as Thatcher's most obvious political offspring.

Far from New Labour attempting to undo her revolution, the prime minister attempted to use it as a base for his own radical reforms.

Privatisations continued, and were even taken into realms undreamed of by the previous administration.

Private cash was brought into the public services like health and education in a way never previously countenanced by the Labour party.

And, of course, any suggestion there was an alternative to a free market economy was entirely off the agenda.

But New Labour held both views of Thatcherism at the same time.

It was to be about accepting the positive advances and changes made by her Tory government while rejecting the divisive, individualistic literally "anti-social" aspects of her doctrine.

It is probably true to say, therefore, that Thatcherism entered the DNA of Britain - both politically and socially.

So, to that extent, we are probably all Thatcher's children and grandchildren.

I am fairly sure it is this expression he was referring to rather than anything new... although, the idea that aliens abducted her, harvested her eggs and DNA then abducted all the child bearing age women of the time, and implanted them with these to be fertilised by their partners, does have a certain ring to it.....

central scotland

Loadsa Money

for all you labour fan out there dont forget it was gordon the clown that robbed your pension pots

By *hebrummiesCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

ooopss, didn't mean to copy the whole thing into there! sorry

Just read the first and last paragraph...

whats that?

ohhh.... you already did that anyway?

OK

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Remember what happened to Thatcher in the end.........done in by her own Party mainly because of the Poll Tax riots............

I fancy that could happen to Nick Clegg and then the LibDems leaving the Gov.

Poetic justice or what ???

John

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

The biggest impact on pension funds was the ridiculous punts made by pension fund managers.....many of the empty property developments in Eire and Spain have been bankrolled by UK pension funds.

Didn't you see the Channel 4 documentary in 2009 that showed the empty massive shopping malls in the USA that were financed almost completely by UK pension funds?

central scotland

Yes the lover and Thatcher gave the country away to all wealthy friends.

Agovernment is meant to look after all the people and not just the elite.

The woman was a nasty dictator.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

May she live to a ripe old age suffering allkinds of ills and pain for the suffering she piled on this great country

i may be totally blinkered on this one and can only reflect on my own upbringing but i would argue that generally speaking our living conditions were probably better for society as a whole back in the 80's than it is nowadays.........thatcher despised the needy and done her best to reduce state handouts. we have a new breed these days who expect this country to bail them out at every opportunity......what happened to having some pride in knowing that everything you have you have earned yourself through hard work and not been handed to ya on a plate

when she came to power, i must admit i detested the woman..i was brought up to support labour and all its principals and continued to vote labour out of blind loyalty and naevity of politics...

but now in hindsight,i've got to grudgingly give her praise...

under her stewardship i was encouraged to buy my home, be brave enough to set up business for myself,and not to be afraid of materialism, my children excelled at school( with excellent teaching standards at the local comp) and both went to university...and now i find myself very contented...

under new labour who continued to advocate some of the thatcher policies the majority have benfitted...

we carnt turn back the clock but i suspect i wouldn't be in the position i am today if old labour had been in power.

so maggie i give you my praise and thanks (but still feel guilty about voting tory at the last election)

central scotland

Having started worked a cpl of days after my 15 birthday it does annoy me when I see folk in their 30s who have never had a job although are capable.

And watching them get everything handed to them on a plate (including herion substitute methadone although others have to pay for prescriptions to basically kep them alive)

But it is also morraly wrong to introduce policies which will make the rich a whole lot richer as in the long run the money that ends up in their bank accounts inevitably comes from the poorer and this has always been the Tory way.

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

one problem in this great country of ours the press is well what can i say sky news 100% torie but owned by an aussie and the sun as well and now the bbc is becoming pro blue as well its getting very scray

"So William Hague has described himself, David Cameron, and George Osbourne as the 'Children of Thatcher'.

That is so feckin' scary....is it time to emigrate?"

cor blimey, she got around a bit then, bit of a goer? eh eh, nods as good as a wink .....

"So William Hague has described himself, David Cameron, and George Osbourne as the 'Children of Thatcher'.

That is so feckin' scary....is it time to emigrate?"

Come to think, pretty nifty title for a horror story.

By *ansue35Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

You could look at another wy.

the coal mines where shut.

Ok alot of people lost jobs etc. But would they still be working to day. 25-30 years on!.

not sure they would, so in the end we still need to have an other industry to back up on.

I was talking to a coal miner two years ago he stopped working in the mines when the riots started, got a job with computers.

made redundant three years ago, know back working in a private mine.

I rather live peace, thanks.

Not into military rule.

Ian lived in few different countries and everytime we land back in the uk.

He always says we safe as soon as the wheels touch down.

I asked him why,

reply we have running clean water, free health care and i can generally walk down the street and buy what i want and have my own opion on may things.

I visted parents i the middle east, I was shopping when a little guy dressed in black came up and tried to caine me, as i was showing my ankles, only just.

Maggie was a legend the others have not got a clue the best thing cameron has ever done so far is to stop the scroungers living on benefits

i hate the goverment and think it an outdated system that needs a major shake up, but all aside i have lived in many countries including the usa and always end up back here, the only truly free country on the planet, if you hate it that much then leave, more room for the rest of us.

and thatcher, she did a hard job that needed doing, job well done she had the balls to sort out problems that previous pms didnt, dont believe me read some history, her good works outdo her bad

"i hate the goverment and think it an outdated system that needs a major shake up, but all aside i have lived in many countries including the usa and always end up back here, the only truly free country on the planet, if you hate it that much then leave, more room for the rest of us.

and thatcher, she did a hard job that needed doing, job well done she had the balls to sort out problems that previous pms didnt, dont believe me read some history, her good works outdo her bad"

You got that in a nutshell xx

Red Ken Livingstone once said that if voting changed anything he would ban it!!

well said, love the UK pity a lot of peeps don't appreciate the freedom we have.

No matter what party gets into power, we the masses always get crapped on, I reckon we need one huge riot, and fuck parliament off completely. Britain needs its political leaders overthrowing and the country liberating.

ahhhh and then we can replace them with some more political leaders, perhaps not so rich who will be even more easily corrupted ... never ending story

system needs tweeking to be more responsive to the voter yes, revolution ?

be careful what you wish for - civil war is not pretty, have lived it.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

London and Cheshire

"The biggest impact on pension funds was the ridiculous punts made by pension fund managers.....many of the empty property developments in Eire and Spain have been bankrolled by UK pension funds.

Didn't you see the Channel 4 documentary in 2009 that showed the empty massive shopping malls in the USA that were financed almost completely by UK pension funds?

"

But punts are how pensions work!

We all put a small amount in and hopefully the gambles work and we get a pension out!

Problem is when pension started, people retired at 65 and lived a few years maybe 'til 70, now people are living 'til they're 80, so more money needs to be generated to pay the same pension and therefore greater gambles have to be made or a greater contribution has to be made into the pension fund.

It's easy to make a documentary after the fact, but when they placed the bets on those shopping malls doing well, both the USA and Eire where massive growing economies, so it looked a good bet, but, has in all gambling the favourite doesn't always win.

» Add a new message to this topic