FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should you be allowed to leave your money to who you want?

Should you be allowed to leave your money to who you want?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

Just caught a bit of Jeremy Vine re the issue of people leaving their money to dogs homes etc. I think they should be allowed to do what the hell they want with it! Z

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

no they should leave it allllllll to me lol !!!

seriously . people work damn hard for their money so totally upto them who they leave it to!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I keep telling my parents to get it spent. They earnt it...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"no they should leave it allllllll to me lol !!!

seriously . people work damn hard for their money so totally upto them who they leave it to!"

agree and I have such a nice smile

Sorry, I don't understand the question: I thought that's what Will's did...allow you to leave your money to who you want!

"Sorry, I don't understand the question: I thought that's what Will's did...allow you to leave your money to who you want! "

I think the OP is saying that people on the Vine show were arguing that rich relatives shouldn't be able to leave their money to dog's homes etc. The OP thinks they should. I agree.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Well the choice is leave it to someone or the Government gets it (having already taken another slice in the form of probate). Don't dogs homes look appealing now?

"Sorry, I don't understand the question: I thought that's what Will's did...allow you to leave your money to who you want!

I think the OP is saying that people on the Vine show were arguing that rich relatives shouldn't be able to leave their money to dog's homes etc. The OP thinks they should. I agree."

Aaah, thanks for clearing that up.

The sense of entitlement: usually by people who wouldn't be able to pick their relative out in a crowd!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Sorry, I don't understand the question: I thought that's what Will's did...allow you to leave your money to who you want! "

You'd think it would be that simple.... but it's not.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've always told my folks to spend it. We'll just get hammered with inheritance tax... they're currently in New Zealand travelling round in a campervan with their bikes for the next three months! They're 70!

They just sorted out their Will before they left and in the instance that my brother and I are not alive when they die then they've left some of it to charity.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

At point of writing, being of sound mind (debateable), I hereby bequest my fortune and wordly goods to my Fab friends...... you should all get 2p each

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

[Removed by poster at 01/12/10 09:24:03]

Im still sorting my will out at the moment as as i have no kids. i have decided to leave it to my parents, if i go before them failing this my niece who is ill and needs alot of care will have it. My brother does not know of my plans and to be honest he wont not unless i die

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

am taking all mine with me...

now burke and hare have been strung up... am happy.

you are allowed to leave your money to who you like arnt you?

"you are allowed to leave your money to who you like arnt you?"

Yes...and no apparently.

Relatives can contest a Will. Remember Anna Nicole Smith?!! Married her 100 year old billionaire husband at 18 and her 80 year old stepson challenged it, strangely enough!

[Removed by poster at 01/12/10 09:45:45]

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

No one will ever find my stash, its all under the floorboards!

My mum left my dad all of her money.

The named executor of the Will has been deemed unfit to deal with their own financial matters under the Court of Protection and has been appointed a Deputy… so the Deputy needs to take the matter forward through probate… the Deputy was my mum.

Yes my mum should have seen this coming and changed her Will... but she was busy dieing of cancer at the time and had only just been appointed Deputy a few weeks before her death.

But it all seemed straight forward. She wants him to have the money… we (the family) want him to have her money.... but without spending £1000’s on legal fees, it isn’t going to happen.

The funny thing is... if she hadn't written a Will saying he was to have all of her money, he would have got it.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Whn my Gran died, her house was sold and my mum and her sister got the money, 50/50. As fast as my aunty got her share, she got alzheimer's, and her money was used to keep her in a home, very sad!

» Add a new message to this topic