FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I miss letters

I miss letters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who else misses love letters, thank you letters and the like?

I used love getting a Love Letters.

Everything is done via email or text these days, I know we are moving forward with the times, but I'm an old school romantic

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bovethekneeCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire / Herefordshire

We still send thank you letters for Christmas presents but on the whole we tend to call people and talk to them on the phone. The post can be slow or unreliable and there is an immediacy of calling someone when thinking of them.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Well I've never received a love letter in my life but I know for a fact it would mean a hell of a lot more to me if it was written by hand, on paper. If just shows much more thought and effort. Me being stuck in a time warp, if I had a girl I'd actually still do this. Plus I'm a bit of an old romantic.

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

you cant spray perfume on an e mail

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We still send thank you letters for Christmas presents but on the whole we tend to call people and talk to them on the phone. The post can be slow or unreliable and there is an immediacy of calling someone when thinking of them."

I totally agree, I miss opening a nice letter, so I thought I'd be nice, and send my daughter a lovely letter, telling her how proud I am with her, etc etc

She phoned me up, thanked me, and asked if I had some bad news lol

So I said it's nice to have something handwritten, so when I'm flying with my wings or stoking the fire then she'll have something nice to look back on. Daft as it sounds, it's little things I miss from loved ones, like there handwriting

Only ever had one love letter & it wasn't reciprocated so I dont miss them.

I still write a few catch up letters & send with photos in xmas cards to family overseas but that's the extent of it now.

Othewise it's a quick catch up on facebook & email.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I used to write to my best friends and pen friends, including an elderly couple I met when I was 10 until their death. I've never received romantic love letters. I still get a letter with a little gift out of the blue from a female friend if she hasn't heard from me in a while.

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

"Who else misses love letters, thank you letters and the like?

Everything is done via email or text these days, I know we are moving forward with the times, but I'm an old school romantic "

Did you have S.W.A.L.K or N.O.R.W.I.C.H written on them?

My ex husband & I used to send letters to each other before we were married.

He would draw little cartoons in them too.

I haven't had a love letter for donkeys years

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"you cant spray perfume on an e mail "

Or lipstick kisses

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Well I've never received a love letter in my life but I know for a fact it would mean a hell of a lot more to me if it was written by hand, on paper. If just shows much more thought and effort. Me being stuck in a time warp, if I had a girl I'd actually still do this. Plus I'm a bit of an old romantic."

I think so to....

"you cant spray perfume on an e mail

Or lipstick kisses "

Those were the days !!

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

you cant put a price on love.

but 63p? im out

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

ive sent mine off to a lady in canada by postal service

we both used to play online games and got introduced to each other to co play a game from friends

we both done the emails to each other and the video link so we known each other alot

our pms are naughty though

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Everything is done via email or text these days, I know we are moving forward with the times, but I'm an old school romantic "

Ok if I must. Give us your address

Everything is done via email or text these days, I know we are moving forward with the times, but I'm an old school romantic

Did you have S.W.A.L.K or N.O.R.W.I.C.H written on them? "

S.W.A.L.K

"you cant spray perfume on an e mail

Or lipstick kisses "

Loved doing both of those

Ok if I must. Give us your address "

69 Muff Drive

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

I signed up to be an army pen pal just so I could hand-write letters. I miss it dearly (never had a love letter though).

I do still send "Thank You" notes, especially after Christmas and birthdays, etc.

- Amy. x

I still communicate on papyrus. The process is a considered ,smouldering act of artistic endeavour. Penmanship unearths much latent character and is a sadly diminishing practice.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I send letters, cards, random weird shite I see and it makes me think of one of my friends. I've just written two cards and put them in the post today.

We all send way too many electronic stuff. I like snail mail. Nothing nicer than getting something other than bills in the post.

If you ever tell me where you live you can pretty much expect random post.

"I send letters, cards, random weird shite I see and it makes me think of one of my friends. I've just written two cards and put them in the post today.

We all send way too many electronic stuff. I like snail mail. Nothing nicer than getting something other than bills in the post.

If you ever tell me where you live you can pretty much expect random post. "

I'm tempted!

I wrote and received quite a lot of love letters in my younger days. Managed to prolong quite a few long distance holiday romances. I used to also buy the romantic cards and send them. I have written and sent a bit of romantic poetry since, but I don't think it had the same effect electronically as it would have done written by hand and posted.

By *andy57TV/TS  over a year ago

york

O for the good old days i used to write my wife every other day when away with work on long jobs and postings and it so nice to get a reply with the smell of her perfume on the paper all now tied up with ribbon and stored in the atic when she past away i got all hers out and read them and thought what à soppy git i was but it was special x

"I send letters, cards, random weird shite I see and it makes me think of one of my friends. I've just written two cards and put them in the post today.

I'm tempted! "

No change there

Edinburgh

I'm tempted! "

I started a postcard society on another forum I use... there was a massive uptake and I have hundreds of postcards from all over the world. I'm pretty sure most people love real post.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Getting a love letter from Anita would certainly mean something. She half an hour to reply to a message on here due to all rhe re-writes, I'm not sure the planet could sustain the paper usage of real letters

I love letters .. not had a love letter in forever . I still hand write a lot. If I have something I want to say I will take the time to write it .. many of my family won't embrace technology so I write to my dad and my little sister a few times a week.

I also will send thank you notes and cards etc.

Can't remember the last one I received x

Takes me back to when I was little. All these paper kisses I used to get.

By *ammerandthongsCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

I still send letters to an old friend who is abroad do love receiving them in return we also chat on the phone but I just love sitting down feeling the paper in my hand.

I miss them, When I was in the Army may moons ago and you were away on tour it was a great feeling getting letters from loved one's and the food parcels from the folks

Rotherham

I'm tempted!

I started a postcard society on another forum I use... there was a massive uptake and I have hundreds of postcards from all over the world. I'm pretty sure most people love real post. "

I love this idea. A letter seems much more meaningful and heartfelt when written by hand

I never do any writing anymore i dont know what my handwriting looks like now!

Edinburgh

I'm tempted!

I started a postcard society on another forum I use... there was a massive uptake and I have hundreds of postcards from all over the world. I'm pretty sure most people love real post.

I love this idea. A letter seems much more meaningful and heartfelt when written by hand "

I only ever write with purple ink.

Me to.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Getting a love letter from Anita would certainly mean something. She half an hour to reply to a message on here due to all rhe re-writes, I'm not sure the planet could sustain the paper usage of real letters "

Cheeky bugger

Anita x

By *emini1637Woman  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I've never received a love letter I like the idea of someone taking the time to put pen to paper and not use predictive text or spell check haha

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Well I've never received a love letter in my life but I know for a fact it would mean a hell of a lot more to me if it was written by hand, on paper. If just shows much more thought and effort. Me being stuck in a time warp, if I had a girl I'd actually still do this. Plus I'm a bit of an old romantic."

Can you move to Abz please I've never had this!

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

Be nice to receive something other than bills or junk mail in the post, but I can't see myself receiving anything like that.....maybe one day (fingers crossed)

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

When I was in hospital, over a decade ago now, a female friend wrote me a letter and put it in my get well card and got all my mates to sign it/add a bit. It was the nicest thing ever, although not strictly a love letter though.

I still have it.

Edinburgh

I keep all my cards and letters. I have a card holder in my living room that's rammed. My letters are in a box in my wardrobe and I have every one I've ever received. I frame special cards and hang them on the wall.

I made a picture for friends after their wedding and used all sorts of things from the day to surround a photo of them. I wrote a letter to their children (at the time unborn) and hid it inside the frame. One day maybe in years to come their kids or grandkids will find it. That sort of stuff makes me ridiculously happy.

I leave thank you letters every time I see my FWB because it's not very often and I have great respect for him. I think it's nice to leave notes of appreciation and I'm just kind and thoughtful like that.

As I originally started this thread as (Breakfast Can Wait)

Iv sent my first proper letter in years, today!

I'm excited to see if I get one back

Rotherham

"As I originally started this thread as (Breakfast Can Wait)

I'm excited to see if I get one back "

I SHOULD be sending my first EVER letter this next week! I think it's just a lovely, cool thing to do. I think we could start a whole new craze for letter writing.

I wrote a letter to my ex the other month after her mum passed away.

I addressed her by her new married name and sent it to her work.

It turns out someone else has the same name at her work so she emailed me back very confused

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I love letters too.

I still send thank your cards and write in them. Not just at Christmas either.

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

An email or ecard can be just as romantic. It's the thought and the words written that mean something. Always having them on your phone means you can look back at them at anytime over the years, not just when you're at home with a box of memories.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I do post cards and thank you cards. I even still write birthday cards. I've done online happy birthdays on walls but I prefer the written hand every time.

I miss letters too, actual hand written ones

I SHOULD be sending my first EVER letter this next week! I think it's just a lovely, cool thing to do. I think we could start a whole new craze for letter writing."

Well I know how you like to take you're time, so, you should let them know that they probably won't receive it for several weeks

Rotherham

I think the fact that someone has actually sat down and physically put pen to paper makes it so meaningful. Knowing that someone has out that kind of effort for you means something.

"I wrote a letter to my ex the other month after her mum passed away.

It turns out someone else has the same name at her work so she emailed me back very confused "

Ahhhhh no way!!! has she seen it and read it and knows it was for her now?

"I love letters too.

I still send thank your cards and write in them. Not just at Christmas either."

it's a very thoughtful thing to do

"An email or ecard can be just as romantic. It's the thought and the words written that mean something. Always having them on your phone means you can look back at them at anytime over the years, not just when you're at home with a box of memories. "

Yes I understand this works for a lot of people, however, for me there is nothing like feeling/seeing the envelope, hurting opening it to see what's inside and reading it and seeing that persons hand writing

"I do post cards and thank you cards. I even still write birthday cards. I've done online happy birthdays on walls but I prefer the written hand every time.

I miss letters too, actual hand written ones "

I still do birthday cards for some

Rotherham

I SHOULD be sending my first EVER letter this next week! I think it's just a lovely, cool thing to do. I think we could start a whole new craze for letter writing.

Well I know how you like to take you're time, so, you should let them know that they probably won't receive it for several weeks "

Funny! Your problem is you know me too well. I may just end up sending them a pair of my unwashed Y-fronts with a note that just says 'thinking of you xx'

Never been a big letter writer but still love to send little just because cards to friends and always loved little sticky notes on mirrors or in lunch boxes just because you love someone

Well I know how you like to take you're time, so, you should let them know that they probably won't receive it for several weeks

Funny! Your problem is you know me too well. I may just end up sending them a pair of my unwashed Y-fronts with a note that just says 'thinking of you xx' "

Y-Fronts!!!!

"Never been a big letter writer but still love to send little just because cards to friends and always loved little sticky notes on mirrors or in lunch boxes just because you love someone"

I loved getting the sticky notes!

I do this all the time with certain people

Edinburgh

I SHOULD be sending my first EVER letter this next week! I think it's just a lovely, cool thing to do. I think we could start a whole new craze for letter writing."

It's already a craze... you're just catching up.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I loved getting the sticky notes!

I do this all the time with certain people "

I've never had this

Rotherham

It's already a craze... you're just catching up. "

Really?! When did this happen then?

"I loved getting the sticky notes!

I do this all the time with certain people

I've never had this "

Awww

It's ine of the best things to happen in your day

"I wrote a letter to my ex the other month after her mum passed away.

It turns out someone else has the same name at her work so she emailed me back very confused

Ahhhhh no way!!! has she seen it and read it and knows it was for her now?"

The person who got the letter did say she would pass it onto her but not heard anything.

I like to think that she did see it and it helped her with the pain of loosing her mother

» Add a new message to this topic