FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Latest News

Latest News

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Council tennants anre to be given a two year contract and if they start earning more then you will loose your homes. So why on earth would you try better yourself if they are just going to take it away. Im a council tennant and have been for the past 13 years live in a two bed flat with my two children. And could neer afford to buy my own house.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

This isn't quite right, I think that it's a good idea, they aren't intending to simply sling people out of their homes if they start to earn more, they'll be given the option to move into the private sector or pay more rent - that frees council houses up for people in need. They are also saying that it's sometimes inapropriate for a home to house just one person when it was built for a family of 4 - all pretty much like common sense to me! Z

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know of I think if you have lived in that home for all your life then it can be passed down to a family member I think that should be looked at. And it was the conservative government who sold all the housing stock in the first place.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

1979 Roy Hattersley, shadow environment spokesperson said: "We shall fight it very hard in the House of Commons and in the country."

1985 Labour dropped its opposition to the scheme.

"Council tennants anre to be given a two year contract and if they start earning more then you will loose your homes. So why on earth would you try better yourself if they are just going to take it away. Im a council tennant and have been for the past 13 years live in a two bed flat with my two children. And could neer afford to buy my own house."

They are saying if you start to be come affluent then you should buy a house or move into private rented accommodation. They are doing it so that people waiting for a house in B&B can have some place to live. The theory isnt bad but i don't know if it will work.

There is supposed to be a "consultation" coming up on this. Politicospeak for "We will listen to your rants but are going to do this anyway."

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

So it's ok for an eldery chap to be living in a 3/4 bedroom family house, only using a fraction of the rooms and struggling to heat it just because it was the house that the council rented to him when he had a familly whilst a family with a couple of children are living in sqalour in a nasty bedsit somewhere waiting for a home? The solution is to move the chap into a nice, small, economical place and let the family have the house. They are looking at shorter term lets with the minimum being 2 years - not giving everyone 2 year lets - I think 5 - 6 years would be better but don't agree with having the house all your life and being able to pass it on to your children. Z

» Add a new message to this topic