FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The police......

The police......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are your views or experiences?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love a man in uniform!

Tough job, respect them.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Never met an officer who wasn't completely lovely.

Then again, I've never broken the law or caused trouble.

- Amy. x

Forum Mod

When I've needed their assistance they were great

I've only needed their assistance once though

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Many years ago was on a beach in the Dunes the police came they knew things had gone on. We left was in the pub trade those days. Afew nights later a guy was in our pub started to get chatty with us hung a round till every one had gone he told us who he was he was one of the police men he had got our car reg and tracked us down

Always had positive dealings with the police. However I've never been in trouble.

Also i'm a sucker for a guy in uniform. My ex was a traffic cop. Sexy as hell ooft!

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Can't say im a fan but then both me and my son have had bad experiences with them and purely because of where we come from and being stereotyped whitch really isn't fair. Sorry but guess you wasn't after a males opinion anyway.

Love 'Don't stand so close to me' and 'Every little thing she does is magic'.

Hard job total respect for them in this day and age.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"What are your views or experiences?"

ease up on the doughnuts

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"... he told us who he was he was one of the police men he had got our car reg and tracked us down"

And had committed a criminal offence.

My most recent experience was to do with my ex and I have to say, I felt they dealt with it brilliantly and I was really impressed. I am sure, as in any profession there are a few bad ones, but for the most part they seem to do a good job. I wonder if it also depends where you live? I imagine, as I am rural, our police deal with different types of crimes to those in the city or am I being naïve in thinking that?

Despite living in London, I have an ongoing complaint against Police Scotland, they have been unprofessional, lazy and let me and my sisters down over an extended period, I'm no lover of our law enforcement agency.

I lived in the country and I found police dealt with matters differently as we had a village bobby who you saw every second day am, maybe they should bring police houses back as I now live in a good size town and rarely see police unless they are arresting someone

Manchester

"My most recent experience was to do with my ex and I have to say, I felt they dealt with it brilliantly and I was really impressed. I am sure, as in any profession there are a few bad ones, but for the most part they seem to do a good job. I wonder if it also depends where you live? I imagine, as I am rural, our police deal with different types of crimes to those in the city or am I being naïve in thinking that?"

Not at all I'd say your spot on

Have a lot of dealings with the Police at work and, unsurprisingly, there are good ones and less good ones. Fortunately haven't had much contact outside of work!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

On the whole I'd say more positive than negative.

Totally respect their profession. I've had more cause for collaboration than I would have preferred, but my respect for the police has increased with each interaction

"Despite living in London, I have an ongoing complaint against Police Scotland, they have been unprofessional, lazy and let me and my sisters down over an extended period, I'm no lover of our law enforcement agency."

Wasn't that branch in the news a couple of years ago about some case that someone complained they'd treated similarly to yours?

By *angerousEyesMan  over a year ago

weston

Some good, some bad. Unfortunately I do now have to remind myself there not all tossers.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Far more positive than negative, if your going to break the law be prepared to face the consequences.

A good friend is an inspector, he loves nothing more than going out policing the streets, the reality is most of the time he is stuck behind a desk, going to meetings, giving talks and dealing with the media.

The part of the job he dislikes most is working in custody on a Friday night where he's constantly abused, spat on and majority are pissed or high.

When he is out on the streets he says generally the public behave in a positive way.

I was harassed and assaulted by the police when I was 14, I made a complaint and it made things worse, it took 18 months to get the two officers off my back.

With that in mind you would think I would have a problem with the police, but I dont, I had a problem with two men who thought that their uniform gave them the right to treat a kid like a criminal for no reason, I have made a point of making sure that my kids have a respect for the law and its enforcement, and that they have nothing to fear from the police unless they break the law, if we turn on the police we as a society are basically screwed

Manchester

I think their job just got a hell of a lot harder where I come from after watching the news. Dark days are apon the Manchester area. so not a job I'd like right now

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"My most recent experience was to do with my ex and I have to say, I felt they dealt with it brilliantly and I was really impressed. I am sure, as in any profession there are a few bad ones, but for the most part they seem to do a good job. I wonder if it also depends where you live? I imagine, as I am rural, our police deal with different types of crimes to those in the city or am I being naïve in thinking that?"

Well, the ones in Bury St Edmonds I have chatted to are very friendly and good natured. Probably due to having a low crime rate and a very pleasant environment in which to work.

Have a mate in Coventry who is so overworked it is ridiculous. He says on a night, there are 19 officers on duty covering a 300,000+ population.

Slightly more on a weekend, but the reckons they are all tasked on within 15 mins of his shift starting and then it's non stop all night.

Geography is a major factor.

Manchester

"I was harassed and assaulted by the police when I was 14, I made a complaint and it made things worse, it took 18 months to get the two officers off my back.

With that in mind you would think I would have a problem with the police, but I dont, I had a problem with two men who thought that their uniform gave them the right to treat a kid like a criminal for no reason, I have made a point of making sure that my kids have a respect for the law and its enforcement, and that they have nothing to fear from the police unless they break the law, if we turn on the police we as a society are basically screwed "

Very much agree

I have the right to remain silent...

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Just like any profession there are people good at it and people who really need to change their vocation as they suck.

My personal experiences have been good. It's a tough job, I couldn't do it.

When I was involved in an accident with hit and run driver, the policeman couldn't have been nicer at the scene, and when he came to my house to take a statement he put me at ease by making me laugh. Mind you, when he left he shouted out "and don't do it again" for all the neighbours to hear, the git! lol

Where I live its an extremely low crime rate and a good community spirit.

When my son was 7/8 he brought the police to my door :-

It was his birthday and one of his friends left his gift in a shop, someone handed it in to the police.

It only had his first name on the card but the police hand delivered it to our house.

Still joke with him about being known to the police at that age

Manchester

"When I was involved in an accident with hit and run driver, the policeman couldn't have been nicer at the scene, and when he came to my house to take a statement he put me at ease by making me laugh. Mind you, when he left he shouted out "and don't do it again" for all the neighbours to hear, the git! lol

"

By *unLondonLadMan  over a year ago

Camberley/London

I live in London and have been mistreated by police based on stereotypes on multiple occasions. Nothing has ever come of any of these incidents as I wasn't doing anything wrong but I think there is a huge disparity between how people are treated by the police and a large factor in the treatment is racial profiling and stereotypes.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Terrific band....nearly got to meet them in their hayday

I have to agree with Funky

Monkey x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I live in London and have been mistreated by police based on stereotypes on multiple occasions. Nothing has ever come of any of these incidents as I wasn't doing anything wrong but I think there is a huge disparity between how people are treated by the police and a large factor in the treatment is racial profiling and stereotypes."

and people behaving outside of the law.

Wembley

"I live in London and have been mistreated by police based on stereotypes on multiple occasions. Nothing has ever come of any of these incidents as I wasn't doing anything wrong but I think there is a huge disparity between how people are treated by the police and a large factor in the treatment is racial profiling and stereotypes."

They are hardly going to racially profile a white, middle-aged, woman as the next likely Islamic bomber; or am I missing something here?

[ me: confused ]

[Removed by poster at 27/07/15 09:42:04]

I think every area is different to each other, but im speaking from the view of being an employee of the police....... we may not always agree with how things are done, we are just trying to get by and earn a living like everyone else. Always get alot of negative press and believe me I get that but would like to thank people for their comments on here in support of the police cos believe me, we get equally ftustrated with the system....... anyway I flipping love my job and hope that people I deal with can see that im genuine and do actually care and want to deliver the best srvice I possibly can!!.......... bit like my blow jobs lol...... sorry xxx

take care, xxxxx

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm sat watching The Sweeney if that counts for anything

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

A great live band!

"anyway I flipping love my job and hope that people I deal with can see that im genuine and do actually care and want to deliver the best srvice I possibly can!!.......... bit like my blow jobs lol...... sorry xxx

take care, xxxxx

"

Now that's what I call public service!

I've needed them. They where there 20 fold.

I've also had them, search and trash my house.

Pro,s and cons.

Manchester

"I've needed them. They where there 20 fold.

I've also had them, search and trash my house.

Pro,s and cons. "

Yep a sad fact of life

Adore them in uniform

"but im speaking from the view of being an employee of the police......"

Interesting a member of the police has the useless pic disclaimer on their profile, nothing meant by it just didn't expect to see it

Havnt had any bad experiences of them, had a few dealings and generally it's treat as expect to be treated,

Expect them to be slightly aggressive at first until they confirm you are neither a threat or a potential criminal, stay calm and treat with respect and they generally chill and relax with you,

However if once they have established I am not going to a problem they continue to be short then I will reduce to only answering with the shortest answer I can etc.

Agree about the bad press though and it pisses me off, fb is encouraging this lack of respect for them, biggest problem is when I see a disliking for the police passed to little ones 'the police will get you' if they are missing or lost its creating a situation where the scared little one will hide from them not go them,

But in most cases the big bad police man that people hate is the first one they go crying to when they have a problem.

"Adore them in uniform "

Carrying handcuffs gets anyone my automatic respect

They don't use them for speeding though, no matter how many times I ask, haha

"Adore them in uniform

They don't use them for speeding though, no matter how many times I ask, haha "

Wembley

"...

cons. "

Thought they were 'upposed to catch 'em

Manchester

"Adore them in uniform

They don't use them for speeding though, no matter how many times I ask, haha "

Pmsl good point

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Whenever I have dealt with them I have spoken to them with respect, and they have spoken to me with respect in turn. I have never don't anything to get me in trouble with the police, but they have spoken to me when I have been out taking photos, when I have been out running, they were just checking on what I was up to. I explained myself and they left me to get on with it.

Like all forms of jobs that give people power over others there are good and bad but with out them out there the magots would rule so positive mostly and not a job to take lightly

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Really admire them,v hard job .Only had experience once when my friend was broken into and they were really good.

Always delightful when they kick my door in, stomp about and then apologise for being at the wrong address (three times in two years!! I'm going to get them a key cut!)

I was broken into one night by someone I knew of. He came straight up the stairs and into my bedroom. That night he had also followed a woman home and tried breaking in to another young woman's house over the road. Police came out, told them who it was where he lived roughly, what had happened when I woke up to him stood over the bed and what else he had done that night. Their response was well we cant do anything about it he didn't do anything or have the intention to do anything I was left petrified and unable to sleep and had to move home.

"Their response was well we cant do anything about it he didn't do anything or have the intention to do anything

"

Breaking and Entering is a criminal offence, charges where applicable,

Appreciate you have moved now but CCTV is well worth having

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

My police friends have all been great people, intelligent, in the force to help others and living fully by the law. It's a tough job, often with dire management as well as subject to politicians whims.

Some good, some utterly useless, some trying to make the best out of facilities that are completely unsuitable. (Ask any officer what they think to having to hold mental health patients in the cells cause a hospital doesn't have room for them)

"Their response was well we cant do anything about it he didn't do anything or have the intention to do anything

Breaking and Entering is a criminal offence, charges where applicable,

Appreciate you have moved now but CCTV is well worth having"

They couldn't prove he broke in, he got the kitchen window open and climbed through. Apparently its easy with the sort of windows in that house. I'm just pleased Mr had just moved in and I wasn't on my own that night.

One thing that did annoy me was after my bike was stolen

"if your bike is found you can pay 150 pound and an officer will watch it till you can get there to recover it"

"Don't you guys recover it?"

"No, we only recover it if it's been involved in a crime so we can check it with forensics "

"Being stolen doesn't Count as being involved in a crime then?"

"..."

By *unLondonLadMan  over a year ago

Camberley/London

"I live in London and have been mistreated by police based on stereotypes on multiple occasions. Nothing has ever come of any of these incidents as I wasn't doing anything wrong but I think there is a huge disparity between how people are treated by the police and a large factor in the treatment is racial profiling and stereotypes.

They are hardly going to racially profile a white, middle-aged, woman as the next likely Islamic bomber; or am I missing something here?

[ me: confused ]"

This goes to show what the issue with this way of thinking is. While I agree with what you've said, I am Indian in origin, these IS bombers aren't Indian. yet a lot of people seem to think Asian and middle eastern (not that all middle easterners are bombers nor that all bombers are middle eastern) are the same thing, this is a misconception officers often also seem to have but all besides the point. Most of my issues have been 'random' stop and checks and being pulled over for 'routine checks' which don't actually exist in the law. And that is down to the stereotypes about young male drivers. I have had an officer outright tell me I was lying about having insurance on my car before even checking, and turns out...wait for it....I was fully legit.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Feckin' useless.

Always around when you don;t want them and never around when you do.

Was teasing one a few years back, just chatting nicely before hitting him with:

"But doesn't it depress you?"

"What?" he asks.

"You know, your job."

"No. I love it." he says.

"But if you think about all the crimes that occur every day - from the littering and minor traffic violations to the domestic violence and unsolved murders - how many actually get caught and how many of those end in successful prosecution?"

Hew wasn't sure what to say to that.

"Feckin' useless.

"What?" he asks.

"You know, your job."

"But if you think about all the crimes that occur every day - from the littering and minor traffic violations to the domestic violence and unsolved murders - how many actually get caught and how many of those end in successful prosecution?"

Hew wasn't sure what to say to that."

Neither am I, what's your point

They look younger every year

"What are your views or experiences?

They look younger every year "

Haha so do plumbers, mechanics, van drivers

Then I realised they don't, they are the same age, I'am getting older

Wembley

"I live in London and have been mistreated by police based on stereotypes on multiple occasions. Nothing has ever come of any of these incidents as I wasn't doing anything wrong but I think there is a huge disparity between how people are treated by the police and a large factor in the treatment is racial profiling and stereotypes.

[ me: confused ]

This goes to show what the issue with this way of thinking is. While I agree with what you've said, I am Indian in origin, these IS bombers aren't Indian. yet a lot of people seem to think Asian and middle eastern (not that all middle easterners are bombers nor that all bombers are middle eastern) are the same thing, this is a misconception officers often also seem to have but all besides the point. Most of my issues have been 'random' stop and checks and being pulled over for 'routine checks' which don't actually exist in the law. And that is down to the stereotypes about young male drivers. I have had an officer outright tell me I was lying about having insurance on my car before even checking, and turns out...wait for it....I was fully legit."

I am sorry that this has happened to you. It is, no doubt, inconvenient for you but see it from the Police point-of-view

Ofcourse, not ALL Asians or Middle-Eastern people are bombers; if they were, then they would just lock them all up; problem solved. It is just that the majority of the bombers are Asian / Middle-Eastern (or look it)

I understand that you are Indian and not in that group; but just as you could not tell the difference between me and say, an Austrian; the Police cannot tell the difference between an Indian or a Pakistani

Like I said, I am sorry that this happens but eventually it is to try and keep you as well as me and others safe

Anyway, that is not the subject of this thread. It is about men in uniform and personally, I like to see them with their clothes off

Great band, love their music!

Glastonbury

At least they're not French, American, or god help you, Brazilian cops

Glastonbury

"Feckin' useless.

"What?" he asks.

"You know, your job."

Hew wasn't sure what to say to that.

Neither am I, what's your point"

Point was the first two lies - the rest was padding.

By *icky55Man  over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

Lived next door to one, they lie cheat piss people off, make up evidence and lose evidence just because they can, they commit crimes and hide behind a uniform, and can get away with murder.

They joy ride in tax payers cars. No i don't have a police record.

"Point was the first two lies - the rest was padding. "

You got a nice little ego boost by putting a copper down by highlighting the things he personally has no control over,

You know a copper,

The people that clean up fatal accidents and inform the family

A copper

The people during the riots that where stuck there wearing incompatible clothes unable to legally effectively defend themselves but fought to regain control

A copper such as Officer Bunting (read his book)

But our culture seems to ignore that and pick on them for things they have no control over,

Don't agree with it at all mate,

in your comment he was having a friendly chat so he wasn't even one of the bad ones, respect the job they do under the constraints they have

I agree they have many problems in the force but that is a fight that should be made way higher up the chain

Glastonbury

"Point was the first two lies - the rest was padding.

You got a nice little ego boost by putting a copper down by highlighting the things he personally has no control over,

You know a copper,

A copper

The people during the riots that where stuck there wearing incompatible clothes unable to legally effectively defend themselves but fought to regain control

But our culture seems to ignore that and pick on them for things they have no control over,

in your comment he was having a friendly chat so he wasn't even one of the bad ones, respect the job they do under the constraints they have

I agree they have many problems in the force but that is a fight that should be made way higher up the chain"

I have *a lot* of dealing with the police in a professional capacity and little respect for them, I'm afraid.

Glastonbury

"I have *a lot* of dealing with the police in a professional capacity and little respect for them, I'm afraid. "

I mean they're not all stupid, useless, unthinking bastards but a lot of them are.

You know a copper,

A copper

I agree they have many problems in the force but that is a fight that should be made way higher up the chain"

Thread winner.

You know a copper,

A copper

and also the first people they would call if anything happened to them, there kids or family

Glastonbury

"I have *a lot* of dealing with the police in a professional capacity and little respect for them, I'm afraid.

I mean they're not all stupid, useless, unthinking bastards but a lot of them are. "

I can't really go in to too many details but, within the last two years I dealt with a case involving a corpse, a severed hand, a man charged with murder and then released homeless by the cops 'cos they couldn't be bothered to deal with him over the w/end and released to our care as we're a nice soft touch.

Ffs.

I respect the laws of society and try to be a decent law abiding citizen ( never been in trouble etc ) buy I'm sorry to say I'm very wary of trusting the police ,

I know a few police officers personally and I a sure you they are not whiter than white , tho they expect the general public to be so ......hmmmm

"Love a man in uniform!

Tough job, respect them. "

"Lived next door to one, they lie cheat piss people off, make up evidence and lose evidence just because they can, they commit crimes and hide behind a uniform, and can get away with murder.

They joy ride in tax payers cars. No i don't have a police record. "

so if u needed them would u call them?

Glastonbury

And yes there are police men and women who go the extra mile and do the decent thing and then I've met loads who can't be arse, apply the law selectively and who shouldn't be in that job.

C'est la vie!

As I said, at least it's not France, America or Brazil.

"I have *a lot* of dealing with the police in a professional capacity and little respect for them, I'm afraid.

I mean they're not all stupid, useless, unthinking bastards but a lot of them are. "

Isn't that treat as you expect to be treated at its route cause,

If we where less keen as a culture to snap them for parking or anything they do to bookface it, then they may not feel the need to be as aggressive as some do,

Change needs to happen on both sides,

Loved their No.1 hit. Every breath you take. Rightly most popular song of the 80s according to ITV programme the other day.

Glastonbury

I mean they're not all stupid, useless, unthinking bastards but a lot of them are.

Isn't that treat as you expect to be treated at its route cause,

If we where less keen as a culture to snap them for parking or anything they do to bookface it, then they may not feel the need to be as aggressive as some do,

Change needs to happen on both sides, "

I'm a nice white, middle-class male - they don't see me as a threat. But the people I used to work for/with can go whistle. That is if they're not afraid of the police.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Always had good experiences until this month when I was pulled over, the copper had such an attitude on him, so gave it back. He thought I was part of a criminal gang he was supposedly chasing, I had gone down a one way road at 12:30am

After getting nowhere with the attitude, we both calmed down, apologised to each other, he explained his atitude was because he thought I was a criminal..... then had a bit of banter and he let me off!

Glastonbury

Apropos...

A case I have personal knowledge of...

‘The police didn’t see Deen as a victim despite blood pouring out of his head’

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/24/police-didnt-see-deen-as-victim-bristol-hate-crime

By *haostimeMan  over a year ago

north Glasgow

No respect for the police whatsoever. They are the biggest organised gang in the UK. I know of countless scrutinys with them, they think (Glasgow cops)the. Law doesn't apply to them. I would not piss on them if they were on fire.

Glastonbury

"He was giving drugs to kids! Oh no wait a mo' he was giving 50p to his daughter to buy sweets and he was black,. Honest mistake, Guv."

Metropolitan Police commander forced to defend video of stop-and-search incident in south London which went viral

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/metropolitan-police-commander-forced-to-defend-video-of-stopandsearch-incident-in-south-london-which-went-viral-10233754.html

Glastonbury

I could go on...

Can see everybody's perspective but lots of cherry picking the bad when they do excellent unreported work day in day out.

I remain open minded about them.

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

I'd have to say crap.

I was punched in the face while protecting my friend during an unprovoked transphobic attack. We had the guys phone, CCTV everywhere... they said there was nothing they could do. Similar happens to many of my friends too.

Police indifference to homo and transphobic attacks are still rife in the capital

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Good and bad in all of them, had loads of decent coppers let me off with a stern telling off, even had one check my Speedo on my grey import VFR 400. As usual though if you are doing something wrong don't expect them to treat you with kid gloves.

Treat them with respect and 9 times out of 10 you will get treated fairly, treat them with attitude and you are asking for it in bucket fulls

Like every other walk of life, have had good and bad experiences. Happens everywhere. Never committed a crime but been involved as a witness to one or two and experience variable-totally excellent to terrible.

Glastonbury

Or like the 8 months of hell we had when we had a crack house next door.

FINALLY got the police to come round after 6 months of complaining to all and sundry, doing the diary nonsense blah blah.

Just got sarky comments about the police traffic cone in the corner of the room.

Thanks for your time and concern.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Excellent band

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

[Removed by poster at 27/07/15 18:36:45]

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

[Removed by poster at 27/07/15 18:36:23]

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

"Lived next door to one, they lie cheat piss people off, make up evidence and lose evidence just because they can, they commit crimes and hide behind a uniform, and can get away with murder.

They joy ride in tax payers cars. No i don't have a police record. so if u needed them would u call them? "

No, I would not, they are more likely to pin some thing on on the victim, because they already know where you are.

I would call an ambulance, sod the police.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I think their job just got a hell of a lot harder where I come from after watching the news. Dark days are apon the Manchester area. so not a job I'd like right now"
why one wannabe gangster has killed another wannabe gangster one will soon be in prison where they cant effect the law abiding folk and the other will be six foot under where the same applies good riddance to bad rubbish live by the sword die by the sword

No comment

By *ocksalt69Man  over a year ago

cardiff

In my opinion,they are the best and most professional police in the world....however they need to seriously and evidently improve on RACE relations!

Glastonbury

"In my opinion,they are the best and most professional police in the world....however they need to seriously and evidently improve on RACE relations! "

And mental health training.

The nutter (technical term) from the corner was arrested after a morning of sweating and shouting at the sky.

It was the hottest say of the year and they held him out front in a van for 2.5 hrs.

3 cop cars, one riot van and an ambulance for one man. And then they just held him in the back of the van, swearing and shouting for all that time.

It was almost like they didn't know what to do with him...

The chap in question had been referred to the MH team but wasn't deemed mad enough.

Such is life.

Never date one. Absolute bullyboy wanker.

Most i've encountered are bullyboy wankers.

Glastonbury

Or the time when a good friend came down from London for a birthday party, was beaten to a pulp by one of the local thugs who then accused him of getting his nob out in front of his son.

The arresting officer was frightened of the bully (I later learned that they'd known each other since school) and took his word as gospel.

Remember getting my mate out of jail at 2:30am.

Cue court case at Crown Court, to which our bully failed - twice - to show up to give his 'evidence'. Not that the cops passed this info on.

The judge acquitted my friend and threw out the case but not before 8 months, a huge amount of worry and money had been wasted.

And all because a cop believed the word of a cunt.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"At least they're not French, American, or god help you, Brazilian cops"

You have to be a tough mother fucker to be a Brazilian cop or you don't live long. Let's not forget in Brazil it is not uncommon for drug gangs to destroy police helicopters and armoured personal carriers using heavy weapons. You put on a police uniform in Brazil and you enter a war.

Hello Bradleyandamy,

"Never met an officer who wasn't completely lovely."

You forget the newspaper seller in London who was knocked down by a policeman and then died. He was causing no harm but this thug knocked him to the ground. Yes he was punished for it but in the news footage not one of the rest of the many police about at that time went to assist the victim, not one.

That tells me that that is the sort of behaviour they condone.

Alec

"Or the time when a good friend came down from London for a birthday party, was beaten to a pulp by one of the local thugs who then accused him of getting his nob out in front of his son.

The arresting officer was frightened of the bully (I later learned that they'd known each other since school) and took his word as gospel.

Remember getting my mate out of jail at 2:30am.

Cue court case at Crown Court, to which our bully failed - twice - to show up to give his 'evidence'. Not that the cops passed this info on.

The judge acquitted my friend and threw out the case but not before 8 months, a huge amount of worry and money had been wasted.

And all because a cop believed the word of a cunt. "

bullying cunts tend to side with other bullying cunts

"Hello Bradleyandamy,

"Never met an officer who wasn't completely lovely."

You forget the newspaper seller in London who was knocked down by a policeman and then died. He was causing no harm but this thug knocked him to the ground. Yes he was punished for it but in the news footage not one of the rest of the many police about at that time went to assist the victim, not one.

That tells me that that is the sort of behaviour they condone.

Alec"

Apart from the ones that administered first aid when it was apparent he was in a bad way. But hey let's forget about that bit.

The actions of those officers were actually praised at that enquiry. Good officers efforts overshadowed by one bad. The story is repeated a thousand times over every day.

Glastonbury

"At least they're not French, American, or god help you, Brazilian cops

You have to be a tough mother fucker to be a Brazilian cop or you don't live long. Let's not forget in Brazil it is not uncommon for drug gangs to destroy police helicopters and armoured personal carriers using heavy weapons. You put on a police uniform in Brazil and you enter a war."

I know!

I escaped from Brazilian police on *coff* charges in 2007. Gave them the slip and did a runner when they got the handcuffs out, up a concrete escarpment where their quad bikes couldn't follow, then across 4 lanes of traffic.

If was *lucky* they would have just rinsed my for thousands.

Bastards.

[Removed by poster at 27/07/15 21:44:03]

Its like any person in any job, you will encounter the decent person and the arsehole who thinks they are someone special...

Par for the course, I suppose

"Loved their No.1 hit. Every breath you take. Rightly most popular song of the 80s according to ITV programme the other day."

Not keen on new bred off police . The old boys are ok .

"I'd have to say crap.

I was punched in the face while protecting my friend during an unprovoked transphobic attack. We had the guys phone, CCTV everywhere... they said there was nothing they could do. Similar happens to many of my friends too.

Police indifference to homo and transphobic attacks are still rife in the capital "

Really!! Kinda had the opposite experience, they couldn't give a shit when our house was broken into - even though the thief kindly bled all over the floor leaving DNA for them. But there was a domestic case that alledgedly involved the word 'fag' and they were licking their lips at the opportunity to 'solve' a 'hate crime'

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

more good than bad... had a few bad experiences with stop and search that i wouldn't want to go thru again

Iv been done by traffic police few times minor things . I know lots off people had dealings and they were rubbish ! . My dad's had probs at work every time cops worse than usless , he'd phone up and get oh the one dealing with it is on refs etc .

I was always brought up to respect the police but have to say I'm incredibly wary of them now due to having more than a few bad experiences. I have never committed a crime in my life, nor been investigated/in trouble for anything, but when my flat got broken into I was made to feel like a criminal and that I was wasting their time for calling them out...until I mentioned that the Audi parked outside was my company car and I was worried they may have been trying to get in for the keys. Suddenly because I had a job and might be able to 'get them a deal' on a new car I was their best friend. I've had other experiences with them which have been less than positive over the years but too many to go into on here right now.

I have also had a handful of good experiences though...although these seem to have started since I bought my home off the council estate I grew up on. I'd like to think that's a coincidence but the cynic in me remains cautious! The bad so far does outweigh the good though, so whilst yes I will call on them when I need them I would have to feel that I really needed them unfortunately as I'd be worried about how I'd be perceived by them.

Glastonbury

You know a copper,

A copper

The copper in question was working for the Diplomatic Protection Group (SO6) who was guarding the back door of our building while his mates had snipers on the roof.

They're overly dramatic, imo.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My professional dealings with them have all been very professional - they have listened to me and I have listened to them and found solutions working together. Some of those I have worked with professionally have been exceptionally good people to work with. Whatever job they would have other than the police I have no doubt they would have done equally well.

Also on the good side, when I was attacked with an iron bar around my head the police worked hard to find my assailant and kept me informed throughout.

On the less than good side I have a friend (white, female, professional) who has been left crippled by police breaking her leg when she was on a peaceful march. It's an ongoing case so I can't say more.

A police van reversed into my car at a red traffic light. They pulled me over and breathlysed ME and gave me a produce notice. Others witnessed that they had reversed into me but they refused to take the witness statements and would not admit liability so I was left with the insurance claim costs.

On a systemic level I think the police have been given an almost impossible task now. Everything is sent to them as a first response, plus they have to consider reduction and prevention with virtually no time for anything other than the mandatory refresher training and development courses. Custody suites are full to bursting and the courts listing systems don't help.

As others have said, it's a mixed bag. Where they fail then I think more owning up to that and apologising would go a long way.

"My professional dealings with them have all been very professional - they have listened to me and I have listened to them and found solutions working together. Some of those I have worked with professionally have been exceptionally good people to work with. Whatever job they would have other than the police I have no doubt they would have done equally well.

Also on the good side, when I was attacked with an iron bar around my head the police worked hard to find my assailant and kept me informed throughout.

On the less than good side I have a friend (white, female, professional) who has been left crippled by police breaking her leg when she was on a peaceful march. It's an ongoing case so I can't say more.

A police van reversed into my car at a red traffic light. They pulled me over and breathlysed ME and gave me a produce notice. Others witnessed that they had reversed into me but they refused to take the witness statements and would not admit liability so I was left with the insurance claim costs.

On a systemic level I think the police have been given an almost impossible task now. Everything is sent to them as a first response, plus they have to consider reduction and prevention with virtually no time for anything other than the mandatory refresher training and development courses. Custody suites are full to bursting and the courts listing systems don't help.

As others have said, it's a mixed bag. Where they fail then I think more owning up to that and apologising would go a long way.

"

And, in common with a lot of public jobs, a much better and more effective system for dealing with the occasional bad egg, whether incompetent, criminal or corrupt. Maybe then the public would hold less of the negative views and concentrate more on the undoubted good work most of them do.

Reform the frigging IPCC (and equivalent supervisory bodies) too whilst you're at it.

I've met alot of good ones, I've also met alot of bad ones, I've dealt with straight ones and I've had run ins with bent ones.

On the whole there just people doing a job!.(and I've probably had more contact with them than most)

I don't think you'll ever get any system perfect, just try to correct faults where you find them and move on.

What really bugs me is the lack of punishment when wrong doings are proved!

I can sort of see where the odd punch in the face while dealing with aggressive d*unks, druggies, criminals, football hooligans comes from and that's sort of understandable!.

But the colluding behind the scenes shit gets on me tits

By *carineMan  over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

The only good ones are dead ones.

The police force is no longer a public service which is why they are all listed with companies house.

They are a business which in many cases the innocent public suffer.

My local police station is closed at nights, hardly any police patrols and it's all down to costs!

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"The only good ones are dead ones."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Did consider it as a career when i left the forces but opted for something else, have worked on occasion with them and 'in partnership' over a 20+ year period and on the whole it was more positive than negative..

there are good and bad in all walks of life, sadly in the position they hold within society the bad ones will have a greater impact and the effects are remembered long after..

there has been and still remains a very poor level of accountability for them which doesn't build any trust or confidence with some..

its a difficult job and easy to sit back and highlight the bad when most of them will be doing good on a daily basis which gets ignored..

Think Sting has sold out to some extent. Early stuff was better!

The uniformed variety? Like in most walks of life...decent ones and the minority of idiots who spoil it and like to play the big "I am".

Personal experience very little to be fair. Motoring?.

. That's a bit harsh in all fairness

The police 'force' has become too much of a police 'service'. Political correctness is way over the top - very little training, which has led to a lowering of standards. Not a patch on the profession it was, say, 20 years ago - a real noticeable difference. Oh and they lie through their teeth about crime figures - crime down my arse - that's backfired on them though because the Govt. has now cut their money considerably.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I saw the police at Wembley arena once. Stuart Copeland jumped over his drum kit at the end

C...

"The only good ones are dead ones.. That's a bit harsh in all fairness "
just a bit.

Glastonbury

Q. What do you call a lady police-cop-ess?

A. A Rozzette

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

"Q. What do you call a lady police-cop-ess?

A. A Rozzette

"

What do you call a police woman with a shaved pussy?

Cunt-stubble!

But in all seriousness. I'm from South Yorkshire, and I can't think of a police force with a worse reputation. Never really had any dealings with them myself though. I'm a good boy

Glastonbury

"Q. What do you call a lady police-cop-ess?

A. A Rozzette

What do you call a police woman with a shaved pussy?

Cunt-stubble!

But in all seriousness. I'm from South Yorkshire, and I can't think of a police force with a worse reputation. Never really had any dealings with them myself though. I'm a good boy "

I dunno, try Avon and Somerset... or the Met...

explain??

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"The only good ones are dead ones.

explain?? "

Something to do with the rose tinted handcuffs

C...

The British police are great. However, I saw an Italian officer smash a young kids head in with his baton after swinging and missing at the kids father. It was at a football match, and before you say something the dad was as innocent as his lad. I also saw an Italian policeman spit at a woman too. Vile behaviour.

We're lucky that our police provide a good service, generally speaking.

Glastonbury

"The British police are great. However, I saw an Italian officer smash a young kids head in with his baton after swinging and missing at the kids father. It was at a football match, and before you say something the dad was as innocent as his lad. I also saw an Italian policeman spit at a woman too. Vile behaviour.

We're lucky that our police provide a good service, generally speaking."

I have made this distinction - but there's deffo room for improvement.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

" Oh and they lie through their teeth about crime figures - crime down my arse - that's backfired on them though because the Govt. has now cut their money considerably."

It's not the force who lie about the figures, it's the government who changed the way that the figures are created. Just as they've changed the way that unemployment is calculated... not being employed isn't the same as being unemployed anymore

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

" Oh and they lie through their teeth about crime figures - crime down my arse - that's backfired on them though because the Govt. has now cut their money considerably.

It's not the force who lie about the figures, it's the government who changed the way that the figures are created. Just as they've changed the way that unemployment is calculated... not being employed isn't the same as being unemployed anymore "

they also did the same on death's in fires, basically fiddled the figures to justify a cut in the service nationally..

"Love 'Don't stand so close to me' and 'Every little thing she does is magic'."

LOVE IT!

Before you criticise some one at least try to see things from there perspective or point of view........ Or to put it another way before you criticise some one etc etc try to walk at least a mile in there shoes

That way you are maybe a mile away,..... and you have there shoes!

By *eedelightsWoman  over a year ago

London

"The police 'force' has become too much of a police 'service'. Political correctness is way over the top - very little training, which has led to a lowering of standards. Not a patch on the profession it was, say, 20 years ago - a real noticeable difference. Oh and they lie through their teeth about crime figures - crime down my arse - that's backfired on them though because the Govt. has now cut their money considerably."

"Diamondjoe "

I do maintain that the complaint should be kept away from the beat copper and aimed at senior management and government, (don't think you disagree with though)

But I will acknowledge it's very comfortable where I sit having had zero exposure to them for many many years, if I had some of the experiences you describe, without doubt I would jump the fence fast,

» Add a new message to this topic