FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ONE FOR THE FOTTBALL FANS

ONE FOR THE FOTTBALL FANS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With England playing shite since the world cup and also Loosing against the frogs I think it time to get rid of Fabio, I personally think an English Nationalteam should have a British manager, who would you like to replace Fabio, I would love Harry Redknapp to take the England job if offered to him also who would rather have to manage England and who would you like to see play for the team! I think we should get rid of some of the world cup flops

I think England let Brian Clough slip through their fingers I bet he could of won us some cups a great manager and a legend he was R.I.P

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

"With England playing shite since the world cup and also Loosing against the frogs I think it time to get rid of Fabio, I personally think an English Nationalteam should have a British manager, who would you like to replace Fabio, I would love Harry Redknapp to take the England job if offered to him also who would rather have to manage England and who would you like to see play for the team! I think we should get rid of some of the world cup flops

I think England let Brian Clough slip through their fingers I bet he could of won us some cups a great manager and a legend he was R.I.P "

the problem with Cloughie was they cound'nt keep him sober long enough..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get rid of _abio oh theres another single fab guy getting the boot

Sorry _abio it was the OP that made the decision

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

soo.... harry crooknap... sam long ball allerdyce.... roy "old duffer" hodgeson,... steve "wally with brolly" mcclaren... or ian "the nutter" holloway... or Stuart pearce.....

See no one on that list really appeals to me... I'd rather have someone that has a better knowledge and understanding of "english" football.. it doesn't have to be english

if arsene has completed his job at arsenal, i'd snap up him in a heartbeat....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Get rid of _abio oh theres another single fab guy getting the boot

Sorry _abio it was the OP that made the decision "

thats okay... the problems with namesakes... lol

anyway ms... we have a date!!!!

I'd love to see Harry running the England team. Whether or not he would be successfull, only time will tell.

The fundamental difference between the continental teams and us, is that we can't play, the passing game, one touch football is alien to us, which is sad.

We have had foriegn influences both on and off the pitch for over a decade now, and judging by the debacle the other night, we still haven't learnt anything from them. We must be really thick fuckers, aren't we?

We believe our own hype, not many of our players are covetted by the foriegn clubs. The only players moving abroad are the foriegn mercaneries.

No, we're shite, and the sad thing is that we can't all see it

Really hope I'm proved wrong

[Removed by poster at 19/11/10 12:12:01]

"I'd love to see Harry running the England team. Whether or not he would be successfull, only time will tell.

The fundamental difference between the continental teams and us, is that we can't play, the passing game, one touch football is alien to us, which is sad.

We have had foriegn influences both on and off the pitch for over a decade now, and judging by the debacle the other night, we still haven't learnt anything from them. We must be really thick fuckers, aren't we?

We believe our own hype, not many of our players are covetted by the foriegn clubs. The only players moving abroad are the foriegn mercaneries.

No, we're shite, and the sad thing is that we can't all see it

Really hope I'm proved wrong "

Could not agree more with you. Take us Scots, we are happy supporters, 'cause our team are really shite but WE KNOW THAT, we dont go into every competion saying we will win it, we KNOW we wont, christ we can hardly qualify, lol. but we go to the games, have a drink, sing songs and have a good time, half the time we dont even know the score, lol.

Your tabloid papers and commentators have a lot to answer for, every competion you're in they talk about who will be your opposition in the final. Oh bring back the days of Dalglish, Souness, Hanson, Bremner, Jordan, Baxter, oh I have to stop, i'm welling up inside, lol

PS I'm surprised no one has mention a wee Govan fella who has done a kind of ok job managing that wee team from Manchester, maybe he would be not too bad.

my fotts are freezing today

United England

"my fotts are freezing today"

that ass is hot though

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

england have the messiah as the manager and they would still win nothing hence the expression its not the winning its the taking part

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

They've had "the messiah" - Keegan messed it up then did usual trick of quitting when his attention span ran out.

They've already HAD Redknapp - Venables was from the same mould.

And they've had whoever's free and English - but Hoddle and McLaren were shit.

Not an Englishman up to it.

Maybe Guus Hiddink but as much as it pains me to say it i'd go for Wenger

Doesn't matter who the manager is, he's not out on the pitch.

Our problems stem from the fact that our players cannot play under pressure. They can't pass, receive, create space, or think quickly enough when they are being closed down.

The only thing we can do as a team is lose

have to go with iceorfor on this one...the only person with the credentials for getting the best out of both english and foreign players is fergie himself...

wenger is a top manager but hasn't had enough english players to work with/on since the days of adams,keown,merson etc....

but like someone mentioned earlier even these great managers would get pillioried by the media at the first sign of failure so perhaps they (the media)will have to accept that we carnt win every game 6-0 and win every tournament we enter and be more realistic of our chances

"Doesn't matter who the manager is, he's not out on the pitch.

Our problems stem from the fact that our players cannot play under pressure. They can't pass, receive, create space, or think quickly enough when they are being closed down.

The only thing we can do as a team is lose "

Then maybe Hiddink is the man. His record with 'smaller' nations in getting them to play and believe in themselves is fantastic. As a chelsea fan i watched him take a team that seemed to have lost their way and turned them into a better 'playing' team than Jose had. I believe notwithstanding an 'eccentric' ref's performance against Barca, chelsea would have won the CL that season

great man,great coach,great motivator

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

the english football team,have the potential,to win every competition they enter.the english mentality prevents this,the hype,the media,the arrogance,the fans.yous go to competitions,seemingly surprised,the other teams have the audacity to turn up.then it seems to shock yous,that they are actually trying,to beat yous.foriegn b*******.

ffs get harry,he is your best hope,of fulfilling that potential.although his chances of getting the job are slim.the english fa,seem determined,never to get the best man for the job.this is my honest opinion.

yes i know scotland are shit,i wish it was us,i thought had the potential.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

all iv seen there is change the manager, well the manager only plays 25% of the team to win the other 75% is on the players to put the ball in the net, if anyone looks a _abio record he is a great manager its just he has to work with a team of shite players and i feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, look at wayne rooney the shite he got for not scoring well sorry but rooney isnt a one man team.

just another thing look at brizal, germany, spain etc the speed them players play at make england look like a local pub football team, if england want to win the world cup again they need to up there speed and ball control and need to play with rooney not for him to be the backbone of the team..

The FA should never have forced Sven out. He was doing a good job.

England don't have as many good players as we think we do.

As for an English manager, I can't think of one who's good enough tbh.

Hack you up with an hatchet Harry is the nearest we've got, but I'm not sure he'd do so well with such a limited pool of players.

Lampard, Gerrard and Terry are all hugely over rated.

Barry, G.Johnson, Heskey, Milner etc simply arn't good enough.

Rooney never seemed to get over the injury he picked up vs. Bayern Munich.

Hopefully, we'll see him back to his best now he's had some recovery time.

Tomorrow is his big day imo. If he isn't playing tomorrow, then I suspect he's played his last game for Man Utd and is joining Man City in January.

I think we would have a better chance if we had a united kingdom team all join forces england, ireland, scotland and wales. Who would be in your fantasy team.

"The FA should never have forced Sven out. He was doing a good job.

England don't have as many good players as we think we do.

As for an English manager, I can't think of one who's good enough tbh.

Hack you up with an hatchet Harry is the nearest we've got, but I'm not sure he'd do so well with such a limited pool of players.

Lampard, Gerrard and Terry are all hugely over rated.

Barry, G.Johnson, Heskey, Milner etc simply arn't good enough.

Rooney never seemed to get over the injury he picked up vs. Bayern Munich.

Hopefully, we'll see him back to his best now he's had some recovery time.

Tomorrow is his big day imo. If he isn't playing tomorrow, then I suspect he's played his last game for Man Utd and is joining Man City in January.

"

We'll take Gerrard then, he IS your only world class player, the rest are awe big tumshies.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"I think we would have a better chance if we had a united kingdom team all join forces england, ireland, scotland and wales. Who would be in your fantasy team."

your wanting to bring ireland and n.ireland aswell as scotland players to play for england that would be some team your ment to get better players to join a team LOL

ok we beat england in n.ireland but we wont say nomore about that

By *affygt61Man  over a year ago

rhondda

here we go again, win one game and press say you're world beaters, lose one game and the knives are out for the poor chap in charge. Stick with Fabio, so that means my team keeps ol'Harry

"

We'll take Gerrard then, he IS your only world class player, the rest are awe big tumshies. "

Rooney is better than Gerrard.

Ashley Cole is World Class. If Rio Ferdinand can stay fit long enough, he's world class too.

Lampard is world class.

England have some very good players, it's just a shame they're such a bunch of dicks.

Doesn't matter who the manager is. There are too many monumental ego's in the England team; over-rated, over-paid, attention-seeking ego maniacs who are in it for their own glory.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"With England playing shite since the world cup and also Loosing against the frogs I think it time to get rid of Fabio, I personally think an English Nationalteam should have a British manager, who would you like to replace Fabio, I would love Harry Redknapp to take the England job if offered to him also who would rather have to manage England and who would you like to see play for the team! I think we should get rid of some of the world cup flops

I think England let Brian Clough slip through their fingers I bet he could of won us some cups a great manager and a legend he was R.I.P "

england second in the league in euro championships with a game in hand.. dont look to bad to me.. if he goes and wins it will they want him out then ?.. know he had a bad world cup but if the players aint good enough.. not enough english playeres in the prem..

clough what a great manager and a fantastic player.. shuld see his stats for scoring

"Doesn't matter who the manager is. There are too many monumental ego's in the England team; over-rated, over-paid, attention-seeking ego maniacs who are in it for their own glory.

"

True enough

» Add a new message to this topic