FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Adverts

Adverts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would anyone on here say they were influenced by the adverts on the tele?

I guess they must make a difference otherwise companies wouldn't continue to plough millions into making them....but I only ever seem to be affected in a negative way. Have just seen that TripAdvisor ad with the 'booking' dog and it always makes me want to throw things at the tele!

Would anyone say they were affected in a more positive way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tend to record programmes I want to watch so fast forward through the adverts

I don't take any notice of ads I don't think I've ever brought something just because I've seen it on telly

I don't allow adverts to influence my choices but I do think some adverts are mini masterpieces of emotive creativity....

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I guess I'm probably aware of certain companies from adverts and I suppose there's a chance I go to them when I'm looking for something.

I research things I want before I buy them and I don't recall ever buying anything because I've seen it on an advert.

I've bought music I've heard on adverts though. The latest example was Wings by Total Fusion, which is the track on the current Lloyds ad, (for a massive 79 pence!).

I'm not aware of advertising influencing me but that is part of the point of it, I think. I'm not generally easily suggestible which may protect me a bit. I don't know for sure though.

I'd like to think not but, as you say, if it didn't work, companies wouldn't do it.

For many products it can be subliminal, making you feel comformatable with the product so its easy to make the decision to buy, in some cases not noticing the link, Supermarkets are a mind field of product placement based on advertising

I do try to avoid them but I do appreciate a good ad and actively verbally hate the ones I dont

Mr Wolf in direct line was cool but it went on too long, but then they did 'get the fudge out of rodge" and redeemed themselves

Agree with book and booking.com

My current pet hate is EE and there WiFi calls, it's a lighthouse where is he getting his WiFi from, if he has WiFi he has Skype and other means he isn't cut off,

But then you remember the ones you don't too,

By *nFairnessMan  over a year ago

The Four Corners

dont effect me in the slightest...

Oh did i tell you i couldnt decide whether to buy my car insurance from a nodding dog or a meercat...

and i recently changed my energy supplier to the one owned by an orange poop.

"I don't allow adverts to influence my choices but I do think some adverts are mini masterpieces of emotive creativity.... "

Current Lloyds Bank ad with the black horse that uses the Birdy track x

Not since i nearly drowned after buying some Tampax they don't.

"I've bought music I've heard on adverts though"

Agree with this, loved 'little boxes' off the O2 ads but after some digging discovered it was written by a man and the only released version I found he sang it, Wasn't the same

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don't watch live TV cause I hate the ads.

I listen to the local radio and some of the ads make me think that I'll never buy anything from certain companies cause their ads are super annoying.

Well I buy colgate

"and i recently changed my energy supplier to the one owned by an orange poop.

"

Odd that Zingy orange poop ad, companies spend millions trying to develop a brand icon like that,

EDF hit the nail on the head but completely failed to follow it up with supporting merchandise, people where taking to knitting them and selling them on eBay, but EDF just never capitalised on it at all, odd behavour the brand icon could have been everywhere

» Add a new message to this topic