FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Band KISS

The Band KISS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Tell me a frontman of any band whom has had both knees replaced, his hip (on the right side) replaced twice and torn both rotator cuffs (in his shoulders). He might say, ’I’m really sore, so I’ll need a massage or I’m staying in bed today, but still after all he’s had done he never complains.”

I'll never be a fan of any band that fucks about I mean when the band meet at rehearsal, they put on the guitars and gear and we run the set from front to back and it’s see you guys later.

Let’s say the set takes two hours to run down, we’re there no more than three hours.

Other bands goof around for hours

, but these guys come in and ‘bam’ they run this shit down and get it done with. They do their work and leave. Still to this day (38 years or whatever later), they still do the work and whatever it takes that you are supposed to do to be in band.

They will talk to Joe Fucks website. Whatever interview list anyone give them to do… they do it. In other words, they do the work. That’s why, for any of the naysayers out there, the whole band get along just fine and this line-up works.

This is why Gene and Paul still want to play and enjoy it. We’re all completely different in our personalities, but when it comes to being in a band everybody treats KISS professionally and with respect.

For the non fans and haters you hate the fact your bands are not even in the top 10 compared to KISS It’s about being respectful to it and being serious.

Bottom line is that this band has given everybody a life style that is better than most people and that comes from them doing the due diligence, doing the work, treating it with professionalism, respect, and not running away from the work. It gets done.

Much smaller bands will sit there and have an attitude about doing interviews… ‘I don’t want to do this or I don’t want to do that,’ and we all hear it and see it all the time. Then you see a band like KISS, that will do whatever they have to do.”

"KISS has always been somewhat of a unifying and polarizing band. Just like buying a car buying a car or eating at a restaurant – you go by participation.

KISS is about the show and about having a good time. Being in KISS is a lot of hard work. It’s not easy like everybody thinks.

Nothing takes the amount of energy, effort and work as it does to play in KISS. Eric Singer has seen Paul almost yawning before he goes on stage, but when the lights go down – BAM. He’s running around, jumping…What’s important is when you are on that stage. That’s when you have to give 100%..”

KISS are one of these spectacle things that you’ve got to go see.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Since someone showed him how to copy and past nobody can stop him haha

Go on tiger

"Since someone showed him how to copy and past nobody can stop him haha

Go on tiger "

Don't encourage him

"Since someone showed him how to copy and past nobody can stop him haha

Go on tiger

Don't encourage him "

He entertains me actually

Kiss are only in it for the money

And there quite brazen about it.

Gene comes off stage and is immediately updated on the merch sales figures they even take a cut from venue parking and refreshments.

Masters of manipulation In creating a loyal fan base labeled as an army.

Good luck to gene and Paul they are kiss literally ace and Peter were bought out in the later 70's and all other incumbents are salaried.

I heard you can buy articulated joint Kiss Dolls on the internet,,, so you can rein-act their shows in your bedroom.....

Apparently the Kiss Dolls are very life-like and appeal to all ages...

PS please note I did not call them toy dolls...

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"Kiss are only in it for the money

And there quite brazen about it.

Gene comes off stage and is immediately updated on the merch sales figures they even take a cut from venue parking and refreshments.

Masters of manipulation In creating a loyal fan base labeled as an army.

Good luck to gene and Paul they are kiss literally ace and Peter were bought out in the later 70's and all other incumbents are salaried.

"

Aye, and Paul Stanley's voice went to shit about 10 years ago!

They're a travesty of the band they once were.

No idea what the OP's post was about though, other than Eric Singer being determined not to bite the band that feeds him (very well).

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Lemmy from Motorhead is my favourite musician.

Not a massive Motorhead fan but he's still grounded after all this time and will happily have a piss up and a chat with the fans after a show and he's always got time for a fan

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

is it gene simmons with the huge long tongue?

Burton upon stather

"is it gene simmons with the huge long tongue?"

Yup

This reminds me of somethingof an acronym i used to tell people to use wheb designing presentations

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

By *ykoCouple  over a year ago

york

They are a great band seen them twice once with no make up and saw them again when they started puting the make up back on again.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

What came first, Kiss or Spinal Tap?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

KISS formed in 1972 a band called Wicked Lester with Stephen corenel, I forget te 4th member's name but Gene & Paul were the other 2 members, they did alot of songs, but called it a day.

I don't care if u are 7 or 70 @ a Kiss show u will have a god time money is money if u was @ their level would YOU do the same?

The merch heck no not for me the music hell yeah no other band can touch them.

"KISS formed in 1972 a band called Wicked Lester with Stephen corenel, I forget te 4th member's name but Gene & Paul were the other 2 members, they did alot of songs, but called it a day.

I don't care if u are 7 or 70 @ a Kiss show u will have a god time money is money if u was @ their level would YOU do the same?

"

Didn't they do a decent song amongst all the filler? Can't remember what it was though.

and KISS are..?

"KISS formed in 1972 a band called Wicked Lester with Stephen corenel, I forget te 4th member's name but Gene & Paul were the other 2 members, they did alot of songs, but called it a day.

"

No band would touch them with a bargepole you mean. And neither would I. Aural chewing gum. Like Enya with electric guitars.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"

"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...I was a massive Kiss fan when I was a kid (as I posted on another thread, the first article I had published that wasn't a gig or album review, was an essay on how Kiss kickstarted my lifelong love of music) but musically, they're very poor and loads of bands have more impressive back catalogues.

Burton upon stather

Didn't they do a decent song amongst all the filler? Can't remember what it was though."

Musically for a band everyone is guaranteed to sing along to give me AC/DC over KISS anyday.

I think the KISS experience as a whole us the appeal to the fans, the music is mediocre.

They would have failed auditions for Vic Reeves Novelty Island.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

The OP is too much!

» Add a new message to this topic