FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I was wrong about you...

I was wrong about you...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone on here ever had someone who they HATED in their life, always thought 'what an arsehole!' and didn't like them remotely, until perhaps they said or did something that made you see them in a totally different light, and you actually became quite fond of them? What was the peace making like?

Basically, have you ever had an enemy become a friend?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Only on here not in real life and he would agree with me!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone on here ever had someone who they HATED in their life, always thought 'what an arsehole!' and didn't like them remotely, until perhaps they said or did something that made you see them in a totally different light, and you actually became quite fond of them? What was the peace making like?

Basically, have you ever had an enemy become a friend?"

All the time, most people I meet I treat as enemies! Nearly got excited thought you'd misspelled ink on your penis as in should of been sexy Brian pft!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Yes. We were too alike and all the things that were irritating about each of us came out and rubbed each other up the wrong way.

We fell in love and remain very good friends.

This thread has more mileage yet I'm sure.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not so much an enemy but way back when I started swinging *giggles* there was one guy who I thought was way too sure of himself and it made me totally uninterested so I avoided him. He persevered and actually I'm really glad he did cause he's actually a top bloke all round. Ten years later I still see him.

I rely on my gut instincts and it's not very often they're wrong. They weren't strictly incorrect on that occasion, he's a total player but a jolly nice bloke as well.

Hate is a very strong word and not one I would use...dislike yes but I'm usually a good judge of character follow my head and my gut don't listen to the Chinese whispers and go seek for myself...only 2 have disappointed me and turned out to be something different.

If I don't like someone I wouldn't strike up conversation or change my mind ,retty stubborn that way.Like I say im usually a good judge.

OP - have you?

"Has anyone on here ever had someone who they HATED in their life, always thought 'what an arsehole!' and didn't like them remotely, until perhaps they said or did something that made you see them in a totally different light, and you actually became quite fond of them? What was the peace making like?

Yes, in real life. A girl I went to school with, I really disliked her. We fought constantly. I moved to NYC for a few years straight after school. Moved back when I was 21 and met her randomly the day I moved back.

We've been inseparable since. She's my best friend, I'm mad about her!x

"OP - have you?"

I've had a fair few people who my relationship improved with once we had a chance to sit down and chat properly, I find many people who show me hostility tend to do so out of a lack of understanding.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I have done this on the internet but never IRL.

Back in the olden days before Facey B an ting there used to be these things called bulletin boards. It was a lawless time of trolling and butt hurt and you made friends and enemies fast. But one such enemy became my firmest and greatest friend. A friend I would go on to rule the internet side by side with.

Yes you guessed it!

That man is actually my friend Mark (who is a ninja)

Noooo once I take a dislike to someone then my barriers come down. An enemy to me will never be a friend. No trust there. I sad to say I hold a grudge forever x

It all depends on where you're/they're at in life. You can meet someone when you're say 20 - despise them, meet them again later on in life and really like them! You evolve/they evolve. Life experiences change us and our outlook, constantly. That's why I try to be indifferent and and not be in a rush to judge people. It takes more than 1 or 2 meetings/exchanges to 'know' someone

I don't hate anyone. There are people I dislike and distrust but even then I would help them if needs be. I also believe that people deserve a second chance.

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

No, I'm never wrong when I'm judging character when it comes to people I dislike.

Typically I can spot a bad egg before others do, especially when it's friends relationships.

I think I've been a pretty good judge of character of people on Fab so far.

Yeah there was a kid on my first day of high school, we hated each other he was in some of my classes and we couldn't get on, we had a big row and a fight over the playing fields.

The teachers found out and we both got detention, and through our mutual hate of the teacher in question became friends, we are still best friends, he's God father to my children and I to his, and we were best man at each other's weddings, once a year we go on Holliday, first it was lads holidays then it turned into the family event it is now, I'm part of his family and he is part of mine, our friends call us ant and dec lol

Not on fab. I find that it is generally easy to read personalities here.

But in high school there was a girl I really didn't like who went on to be one of the best friends I've ever had. I will be going to her wedding next year, and I don't even like to think about the stuff I would have missed out on in life if it weren't for her friendship.

-Courtney

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

was a man once who I disliked at first then I gave it a go and wish I hadn't as I WAS right about him

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Nope.

But I've had it happen the other way round.

I wouldn't spend time with anyone I didn't remotely like so the chances of an opinion changing are slim to none. I've been screwed over by a couple of people I considered good friends though and the thought of making contact with them again in this lifetime has never entered my mind.

A

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

no doubt this thread is actually about window cleaners and how they get up ladders so fast without spilling a drop.

Going to read the OP's comments further down the page. hmmmmm

There was a lad at school who bullied me every day. At one point it got so bad that I refused to go in. I hated him. He made my school days a misery. Then I seen him when I was 18 and he went out of his way to come over and apologise to me for being a dick for so many years. He'd grown up and so had I. We got on great after that. Used to go out drinking together and had a good laugh. x

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I don't think I have ever really hated anyone that I recall, if someone wrongs me I tend to become indifferent or at most despise them, they are not worth my energy, hatred is a passion that requires energy to maintain.

I cannot think of anyone I disliked having changed my mind, I have a bit of an intuitive sixth sense about people quite often.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Saw this yesterday and had a think about it.

I don't think I have, tbh.

I'm quite a good judge of character - friends very largely remain and enemies very largely vanquished.

"I don't think I have ever really hated anyone that I recall, if someone wrongs me I tend to become indifferent or at most despise them, they are not worth my energy, hatred is a passion that requires energy to maintain.

I cannot think of anyone I disliked having changed my mind, I have a bit of an intuitive sixth sense about people quite often. "

hmmmmm this could get interesting lol

Not hate but there was someone who I used to work with that I disliked so much that I refused to go to his leaving do, if we see each in the street, we'll acknowledge each other but that's as far as it goes

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

My step father was a proper twat to him when young lost my father very young my mother met my step father married him brought me up like i was his but i was a proper twat to him.

Why he took it off God nose it altered when i got in my late teens and started to grow up nicest man i have ever met do miss him

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I don't think I have ever really hated anyone that I recall, if someone wrongs me I tend to become indifferent or at most despise them, they are not worth my energy, hatred is a passion that requires energy to maintain.

I cannot think of anyone I disliked having changed my mind, I have a bit of an intuitive sixth sense about people quite often. hmmmmm this could get interesting lol "

Oh I do hope so

» Add a new message to this topic