FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > slimfast

slimfast

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all..

Quick question. Does slimmest work?

I brought some yesterday, and had a shake this morning, and a shake for dinner.. Will. Be having a proper meal tonight.. DoEs it work?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Hi all..

I brought some yesterday, and had a shake this morning, and a shake for dinner.. Will. Be having a proper meal tonight.. DoEs it work? "

Only if you are actually using more calories than you consume. You'll notice the marketing is carefully worded

"has been SHOWN to assist with both weight loss and weight maintenance "

No need to spend money on any products; just eat less calories than you use and take some excercise.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

probably ..until you go back to actually eating breakfast and lunch and then you are back to square one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As said above.... Exercise is the key to any weight loss. Skip breakfast and jog a lap of your local park every other evening, You'll soon notice a difference!

Good luck

It would work on making your stomach slimmer if you have a 'pot belly'. Because there'd be less bulk in your intestines.

An ex lost some weight a few years ago using it but it's gone back on by now.

80% diet 20% exercise

[Removed by poster at 20/07/15 17:23:46]

Its easy and all you need to do really is to track your macros so its below 2500 to lose weight, plus lots of cardio.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

I dont think you can just randomly quot e 2500 as everyones benchmark but i know where you are coming from

"probably ..until you go back to actually eating breakfast and lunch and then you are back to square one "

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

You would be better off on weightwatchers diet as you are never hungry

Xx

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

i don't think they work. You could have something quite tasty with the calories you had in that shake and nowhere near as much sugar.

"As said above.... Exercise is the key to any weight loss. Skip breakfast and jog a lap of your local park every other evening, You'll soon notice a difference!

Good luck

"

No, skipping breakfast is very bad advice.

Kent

"As said above.... Exercise is the key to any weight loss. Skip breakfast and jog a lap of your local park every other evening, You'll soon notice a difference!

Good luck

No, skipping breakfast is very bad advice."

Not really. Intermittent fasting is a great way to burn fat and that involves skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch too!!!

Breakfast, lunch and dinner healthy light meals. With each meal drink a pint of water, cut portion size and plenty of exercise. I find I loose more weight when I do eat breakfast and cut out snacking in between meals x

"I dont think you can just randomly quot e 2500 as everyones benchmark but i know where you are coming from"
That's right as its usually the standards for the males there, but everyone are different how they burn it.

Good luck

Not really. Intermittent fasting is a great way to burn fat and that involves skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch too!!!"

Intermittent is not every day though? That 5:2 diet is like that I suppose. Most people who don't have a healthy breakfast usually end up eating a high sugar filled snack later.

Kent

Good luck

Not really. Intermittent fasting is a great way to burn fat and that involves skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch too!!!

Intermittent is not every day though? That 5:2 diet is like that I suppose. Most people who don't have a healthy breakfast usually end up eating a high sugar filled snack later."

Intermittent fasting is also only eating for example between 2pm and 8pm. So you get your full days nutrition in those hours (not just 500 cals like on 5/2) and then dont eat again till 2pm the next day. I do it often. It works well. You just burn fat for energy the rest of the time as there's no food to use for fuel.

Good luck

Intermittent is not every day though? That 5:2 diet is like that I suppose. Most people who don't have a healthy breakfast usually end up eating a high sugar filled snack later.

Intermittent fasting is also only eating for example between 2pm and 8pm. So you get your full days nutrition in those hours (not just 500 cals like on 5/2) and then dont eat again till 2pm the next day. I do it often. It works well. You just burn fat for energy the rest of the time as there's no food to use for fuel. "

to burn fat in that instance wouldnt you first have to use up and deplete all your glycogen stores first ? The body stores glycogen as fuel for energy as far as i am aware it doesnt use food as a source directly.

Good luck

Intermittent fasting is also only eating for example between 2pm and 8pm. So you get your full days nutrition in those hours (not just 500 cals like on 5/2) and then dont eat again till 2pm the next day. I do it often. It works well. You just burn fat for energy the rest of the time as there's no food to use for fuel. "

Do you only eat a certain amount of calories in that time frame?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I always have 2 weetabix for brekky but then don't eat again while 5 and perhaps crackers in the evening and have lost over a stone to date

Day two of slimfast... I've walked 2mile to work at a decent pace.. Slimfast shake for breakfast, cereal bar for lunch.. Banana kicked things off this morning..

Feeling extra motivated today..

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I cut out all the classic white carbs - bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, anything with flour in. I've lost more than two stone and even when I get indulgent it's not really going back on.

It is however something of a diet shift as I will be avoiding most white carbs for good now, but a bit of thought and it's possible. I do still eat some huge and very satisfying meals. I had a delicious steak at the weekend just served with salad.

When I do indulge in white carbs now I can't eat anywhere as much as I used to and feel bloated afterwards.

So tempting devil,am I doing the correct thing in walking to work aswell as the slimfast.. I've cut out my 'crap' meals of a night and having salad instead of friesor chips with meals...

Throw that shit in the bin. Each shake has about 34 grams of sugar in it. Two shakes will take you over your daily sugar allowance. It's sugar that makes you fat not fat.

You can do the same premise of slim fast, 2 shakes a day then a proper dinner but buy protein instead, much less sugar and more protein per serving. Try a whey isolate for fat loss, less carbs, fat and lactose per serving.

I honestly wouldn't use that slim fast shit. They shouldn't be allowed to market themselves as a dietary product when each shake has more sugar in it than a can of .

Sheffield

"So tempting devil,am I doing the correct thing in walking to work aswell as the slimfast.. I've cut out my 'crap' meals of a night and having salad instead of friesor chips with meals..."

Move more and eat more veg. The more colourful your plate of food the better the balance of nutrients.

But slimfast is full of all kinds of additives, sugar, sweeteners and bulking agents. And what happens when you reach your target weight? If you stop the slimfast you may well put it all back on again.

Far better to make sustainable dietary changes that you can keep up. I went out for two meals this weekend and both times ate off the menu, no fuss or bother and others were looking at my food and wanting to try it and disbelieving that I'm on a diet! The only special request I made was no potatoes with my Sunday lunch - lots of veg and meat and it was delicious.

"So tempting devil,am I doing the correct thing in walking to work aswell as the slimfast.. I've cut out my 'crap' meals of a night and having salad instead of friesor chips with meals...

Move more and eat more veg. The more colourful your plate of food the better the balance of nutrients.

But slimfast is full of all kinds of additives, sugar, sweeteners and bulking agents. And what happens when you reach your target weight? If you stop the slimfast you may well put it all back on again.

Far better to make sustainable dietary changes that you can keep up. I went out for two meals this weekend and both times ate off the menu, no fuss or bother and others were looking at my food and wanting to try it and disbelieving that I'm on a diet! The only special request I made was no potatoes with my Sunday lunch - lots of veg and meat and it was delicious."

so you reckon to ditch the slimfast and replace with???

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"So tempting devil,am I doing the correct thing in walking to work aswell as the slimfast.. I've cut out my 'crap' meals of a night and having salad instead of friesor chips with meals...

Far better to make sustainable dietary changes that you can keep up. I went out for two meals this weekend and both times ate off the menu, no fuss or bother and others were looking at my food and wanting to try it and disbelieving that I'm on a diet! The only special request I made was no potatoes with my Sunday lunch - lots of veg and meat and it was delicious."

This!

Lost30kg by eating what I like basically, but controlled portion size and moved a hell of a lot more.

Must be typing with my invisible font today. Just explained what you can replace the slim fast shakes with, and in detail too, there's 100's of different proteins on the market but for fat loss goals you'd be better off with whey isolate.

Download the my fitness pal app on your phone. Type in your weight and your goals. To lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit. If you eat 2,500 calories a day reduce it to 2000 but don't starve yourself by having 1 banana for breakfast and a bloody cereal bar for lunch because that will actually slow your metabolism down and make your body hold onto fat. Log everything that passes your lips on the my fitness pal app, stay within your daily calorie allowance and go for foods that are low in sugar. Easiest way to do that is by buying fresh ingredients and preparing meals yourself.

Sheffield

Far better to make sustainable dietary changes that you can keep up. I went out for two meals this weekend and both times ate off the menu, no fuss or bother and others were looking at my food and wanting to try it and disbelieving that I'm on a diet! The only special request I made was no potatoes with my Sunday lunch - lots of veg and meat and it was delicious. so you reckon to ditch the slimfast and replace with???"

Pm'd you.

Kent

Far better to make sustainable dietary changes that you can keep up. I went out for two meals this weekend and both times ate off the menu, no fuss or bother and others were looking at my food and wanting to try it and disbelieving that I'm on a diet! The only special request I made was no potatoes with my Sunday lunch - lots of veg and meat and it was delicious.

This!

Lost30kg by eating what I like basically, but controlled portion size and moved a hell of a lot more."

Ive lost 4 stone and not worried about portion sizes at all. I only eat lean protein (any meat with the fat off) fish, eggs, skimmed milk, a bit of cheese here and there, tonnes of green leafy veg and salad and the odd bit of fruit. No Bread, pasta, potato. Avoid sugar at all costs. Evil stuff.

Ive been there done that with slim fast and cabbage soup diets, drinking maple syrup and cayenne pepper and most other things, can honestly say I eat more now than ever and am much healthier, fitter and happier than ive ever been

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The evidence supports a combined diet and exercise plan for sustained weight loss success. As others say, if you consume less calories than you use, you should lose weight. But a lower weight reduces your basal metabolic rate, so your daily requirements fall - something of a moving target.

Plan for long term adherence to a programme that modifies consumption and activity levels, as short term fixes are easily lost.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

It did not work for me,it was like just having a drink,I wanted something to eat.

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"

Only if you are actually using more calories than you consume. You'll notice the marketing is carefully worded

"

This..

Weight loss (or gain) is all about 'calories in verses calories out'

Two days in of doing slimfast

Have to be honest been hard, when I needed a snack or something.. Had to fight the craving..

Feel fresher tho, walking 4miles a,day certainly helps.. Looking forward to weigh day Saturday

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Hi all..

I brought some yesterday, and had a shake this morning, and a shake for dinner.. Will. Be having a proper meal tonight.. DoEs it work? "

do you intend to live on it? if not, I dont see the point.

Get a change of diet and lifestyle, if you are looking to lose weight and dont waste you money flip flopping through 'diets' that once you come off them, your metabolism isn't used to processing carbs / sugars so will just pile the lb's back on as soon as you touch them.

Kent

"Hi all..

I brought some yesterday, and had a shake this morning, and a shake for dinner.. Will. Be having a proper meal tonight.. DoEs it work?

Get a change of diet and lifestyle, if you are looking to lose weight and dont waste you money flip flopping through 'diets' that once you come off them, your metabolism isn't used to processing carbs / sugars so will just pile the lb's back on as soon as you touch them. "

Body will still be used to processing sugar. Slim fast Is full of it!

Kent

"Hi all..

Get a change of diet and lifestyle, if you are looking to lose weight and dont waste you money flip flopping through 'diets' that once you come off them, your metabolism isn't used to processing carbs / sugars so will just pile the lb's back on as soon as you touch them.

Body will still be used to processing sugar. Slim fast Is full of it! "

Oops hit send too soon.. About 25g of sugar per serving of memory serves. Twice a day. Not good!!

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Good luck

"

Except skipping breakfast makes you put on weight as your body then stores anything it can get hold of.

Eating breakfast kick-starts your metabolism in the mornings. Don't skip it.

So most of you agree to Ditch slimfast...

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Tapeworm or amphetamines.

Every time.

yumsville

and as far as complex carbs / starches things that the body will store and turn into sugars. It will not be used to it, and you'll find you'll increase weight rapidly as a result. Slim fast essentially fill you up, though are not a staple food source so cannot be used long term. If they can't be used long term then there is no point in using them, you might as well take the healthy option, save money and change your eating habits / change your lifestyle, once you make the decision that you need to change. Fad diets make you feel more uncomfortable / body conscious about yourself I think.

So if I cut the slimfast out and have salad with tuna/chicken.. Would that be an healthier option?

Herts

"So if I cut the slimfast out and have salad with tuna/chicken.. Would that be an healthier option? "

Of course it would.

It's not difficult, just eat little and often and don't eat crap, fill up on fruit and veg (preferably consume most of your fruit in the mornings), excercise more and drink more water.

You'll do much better long term than with that crap.

yumsville

"So tempting devil,am I doing the correct thing in walking to work aswell as the slimfast.. I've cut out my 'crap' meals of a night and having salad instead of friesor chips with meals..."

just doing this will work wonders - the slim fast has fuck all nutrition imo. decent fruit each day, nuts, fish, eggs, a nice steak once or twice a week. A a good support trainer. If you wanted, you can buy small weights that go around the ankles, though I would leave this until you are used to the walk.

"So if I cut the slimfast out and have salad with tuna/chicken.. Would that be an healthier option?

Of course it would.

It's not difficult, just eat little and often and don't eat crap, fill up on fruit and veg (preferably consume most of your fruit in the mornings), excercise more and drink more water.

You'll do much better long term than with that crap. "

It's the exercise bit in finding hard to get motivated with..

I walk to an fron work in total 4 mile..

Kent

"So if I cut the slimfast out and have salad with tuna/chicken.. Would that be an healthier option? "

Tuna, chicken, Turkey, egg, green salad, spinach, rocket, that sort of stuff. Stay away from fatty dressings like Mayo and get some fat free stuff.

Read the ingredients of everything!! Better yet don't eat anything that has an ingredient list. Fresh meat, fish, fruit, veg, eggs!

Get my fitness pal and log everything you eat. Aim for maybe 1800 cals a day Id say unless your really really active. Don't get the calories from shit food! Trust me you'll notice the difference straight away. And steer clear of sugar! The stuff is the devil!

yumsville

a fish oil supplement would be good, or green lipped mussel supplement, the latter is great for tendon repair / mild arthritis.

yumsville

"So if I cut the slimfast out and have salad with tuna/chicken.. Would that be an healthier option?

Tuna, chicken, Turkey, egg, green salad, spinach, rocket, that sort of stuff. Stay away from fatty dressings like Mayo and get some fat free stuff.

Read the ingredients of everything!! Better yet don't eat anything that has an ingredient list. Fresh meat, fish, fruit, veg, eggs!

Get my fitness pal and log everything you eat. Aim for maybe 1800 cals a day Id say unless your really really active. Don't get the calories from shit food! Trust me you'll notice the difference straight away. And steer clear of sugar! The stuff is the devil! "

a little bit of sugars good lolo

Kent

Get my fitness pal and log everything you eat. Aim for maybe 1800 cals a day Id say unless your really really active. Don't get the calories from shit food! Trust me you'll notice the difference straight away. And steer clear of sugar! The stuff is the devil!

a little bit of sugars good lolo "

Yeah sorry I mean added sugar. If you eat fruit and stuff you'll get sugar from that anyway.

yumsville

a little bit of sugars good lolo

Yeah sorry I mean added sugar. If you eat fruit and stuff you'll get sugar from that anyway. "

my mind strayed to twerking. ummm I'm out.

Slimfast winds me up summat chronic - taking advantage of desperate people and not teaching them how to eat properly. Fuck Slimfast and fuck people who endorse this joke of a product. Replacing actual meals with poorly-satiating high sugar foods ffs it's ridiculous.

yumsville

K I'm back - OP... it's a bit faddy. A better diet as people have said - plenty of greens would be great.

It does work short term but as soon as you stop using it, the weight goes straight back on. Best bet is to eat as you do normally but just cut your portion sizes down, simple things like walking for 30 mins on your dinner break etc help free up a few calories as well so you can still have a little treat every now and then.

Slim to fat if ur on it get to ur weight then stop u just put it back on no matter what I have

I went from 15st to 12.5st an stopped then ballooned to 16 st nice to taste but don't work

Sheffield

Of course it would.

You'll do much better long term than with that crap. "

Beans and pulses will fill you up very satisfyingly but are low fat high protein and really good for you.

I started by cutting all the white carbs, now I occasionally have them but find I don't eat as much as I used to. Even if I have a plateful of chips I only eat a few as I feel fuller more quickly.

Learn to know when you're full and stop eating then. Eat more slowly and chew thoroughly. We eat far more out of habit or to clear our plates than we actually need.

That's true.. I've cut bread out my diet completely.

And rarely have chips..

Gonna switch the slimfast shake for fruit and salads xx

By *parklesglitzWoman  over a year ago

Mancs

Get in the right frame of mind

Eat smaller bites, chew and when full stop!

Even if you are a fancy restaurant and eat and are full, don't binge or gorge just stop

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Combine diet changes with more exercise.

As you lose weight, your body will have a lower basal metabolic rate. So reduce your intake again, just to stay at the same weight - so cut some more out, to continue your loss.

As long as your diet is healthy and balanced, the food choice is yours op.

Sheffield

"Get in the right frame of mind

Eat smaller bites, chew and when full stop!

Even if you are a fancy restaurant and eat and are full, don't binge or gorge just stop

"

Don't be embarrassed to ask for a doggie bag in restaurants! Most places will happily wrap up any leftovers and you get to enjoy your meal again.

I eat out all over the place and have no problems. I simply order meat with salad or just veggies and ask that they leave the potatoes off. I even eat at carverys and have everything but the potatoes. Although I find Yorkshire puddings hard to resist but there have to be some treats as long as they're occasional.

Herts

Of course it would.

You'll do much better long term than with that crap.

Beans and pulses will fill you up very satisfyingly but are low fat high protein and really good for you.

I started by cutting all the white carbs, now I occasionally have them but find I don't eat as much as I used to. Even if I have a plateful of chips I only eat a few as I feel fuller more quickly.

Learn to know when you're full and stop eating then. Eat more slowly and chew thoroughly. We eat far more out of habit or to clear our plates than we actually need."

» Add a new message to this topic