FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you deal with phone sales?

How do you deal with phone sales?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a call from someone earlier trying to sell me something. Can we have 2 mins of your time blah blah blah. I pretended the phone line was really bad and that I couldn't hear her in the end I had her shouting down the phone "can you hear me now?" Does anyone else play little pranks when you get these kind of calls?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't have time for that. I don't answer the phone if i don't know who it is. If it's important they'll leave a message.

I put my little girl on,she loves to talk

I've done allsorts.

Left them on hold, told em hooker I'm with charges by the minute, flirted with em..........sometimes I've even told them 'no thanks' and just hang up

Put phone next to telly.

Record is 2:38 they stayed on for. Bear Grylls must have been saying the right things to keep them on the line.

The tactic behind it is to keep them on as long as possible so it ups their running costs. Make it unprofitable then it'll stop.

Same reason I always post the prepay envelopes back from junk mail. I'm not sure if they only pay if it's posted, but even if not, it costs man hours to open them and find them empty. Same reason for making spamming our lives as unprofitable as possible.

I ask them for their home phone number & tell them I'll ring them when they're just about to cook their dinner

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I put my little girl on,she loves to talk "

Pmsl i used to do that too so funny at time but shes a little to old now so have to revert back to old faithful......... FUCK OFF I'M BUSY

"I ask them for their home phone number & tell them I'll ring them when they're just about to cook their dinner "

Yes they always seem to ring at times that aren't convienient

I'm on telephone preference service, so rarely get any such calls, but in the rare event that I do, they get told straight away and the call doesn't last long.

Who are these people and why do they feel that they have any right to invade our lives in this way?

Good job i'm not in Politics, because I would outlaw call centres!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Ive got caller display, so can usually identify when they call. I don't get as much as I have in the past and have reported some UK based companies to the appropriate authorities.

I always state I use the Telephone Preference Service, ask for their company and contact details and to be removed from their database. Often the calls don't get that far.

Rarely, when I've had some free time, I've asked the caller for their personal information and started to sell them something - not that I'm in sales. I wouldn't do anything to harm their hearing, as I've heard of people blowing whistles etc down the line, which is barbaric.

Or just ask them to hold on, whilst I go and find Mz Slvt for them - and don't go back to the phone.

Im very polite and firm. I am rarely rude and often explain that i wont be buying anything and that i realise that they are on commission and it would be best for them to try the next call.

Remember, its a crappy job with extreme pressure. Few of us could handle the cold calling job and so being rude should not happen.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I don't see the point. Waste of my time and theirs.

I just say I'm not interested, have a nice day and remove my number from the calling list.

"I put my little girl on,she loves to talk

Pmsl i used to do that too so funny at time but shes a little to old now so have to revert back to old faithful......... FUCK OFF I'M BUSY"

She asks them questions..think it messes with their heads

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

"Put phone next to telly.

Record is 2:38 they stayed on for. Bear Grylls must have been saying the right things to keep them on the line.

The tactic behind it is to keep them on as long as possible so it ups their running costs. Make it unprofitable then it'll stop.

Same reason I always post the prepay envelopes back from junk mail. I'm not sure if they only pay if it's posted, but even if not, it costs man hours to open them and find them empty. Same reason for making spamming our lives as unprofitable as possible."

If you pad out the envelope, it no longer goes as a letter, and they will have to pay excess postage.

Junk mail keeps Royal Mail in business.

Just put the fone down lol or play along and say you want it, but then at the end sorry I changed my mind lol

Manchester

Pmsl i used to do that too so funny at time but shes a little to old now so have to revert back to old faithful......... FUCK OFF I'M BUSY

She asks them questions..think it messes with their heads "

Yep the best is when they'd ask them where daddys gone and can she get me back when me and her mum was rolling about laffing. Happy days shames shes currently turned into kevin stomping around saying i didn't ask to be born lmfao

"If you pad out the envelope, it no longer goes as a letter, and they will have to pay excess postage.

Junk mail keeps Royal Mail in business."

Oh I do, I put as much of their own junk back into their envelope as I can fit haha (minus the bits that identify me).

Good, glad it costs them.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I was getting about 3 these calls a day even though I'm registered with a telephone preference service, so we bought the BT call guardian phones and since the day we installed them I've not had one call like that....

Yep the best is when they'd ask them where daddys gone and can she get me back when me and her mum was rolling about laffing. Happy days shames shes currently turned into kevin stomping around saying i didn't ask to be born lmfao"

lol oh the joys of kids!!

Yep the best is when they'd ask them where daddys gone and can she get me back when me and her mum was rolling about laffing. Happy days shames shes currently turned into kevin stomping around saying i didn't ask to be born lmfao"

Well I was debating whether to pretend I was little again and say my parents had left me home alone

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Best way to deal with these calls is, just ignore them. If I don't recognise the number, I don't answer it.

Problem solved!

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

I tend not to get any but if it's a number I don't recognise I just don't answer, and on the odd occasion that the landline rings, it's a wrong number.

Your idea is much more akin to a cat toying with a mouse

"Best way to deal with these calls is, just ignore them. If I don't recognise the number, I don't answer it.

Problem solved! "

Had to answer it im waiting for a Phonecall from the hospital and didn't want to miss it

"Best way to deal with these calls is, just ignore them. If I don't recognise the number, I don't answer it.

Problem solved! "

Doesn't quite work for those of us who regularly get calls from people we don't know. I volunteer for a charity and part of it is people needing help will call me, so I pretty much have to answer every call that comes in.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Had a call from someone earlier trying to sell me something. Can we have 2 mins of your time blah blah blah. I pretended the phone line was really bad and that I couldn't hear her in the end I had her shouting down the phone "can you hear me now?" Does anyone else play little pranks when you get these kind of calls? "

No! My life won't be long enough.

"Not interested!" receiver down.

By *rmeanerMan  over a year ago

stoke on trent

As a majority they're all commission based telesales arseholes ... so I try keep them on the line as long as possible ... . 28minutes is my current record !

Manchester

Yep the best is when they'd ask them where daddys gone and can she get me back when me and her mum was rolling about laffing. Happy days shames shes currently turned into kevin stomping around saying i didn't ask to be born lmfao

Well I was debating whether to pretend I was little again and say my parents had left me home alone "

I've just perved you your no little girl witwooooo

I just say I'm not interested and hang up. I don't feel guilty, I used to work in telesales, worse job ever! No one wants you to cold call them.

Well I was debating whether to pretend I was little again and say my parents had left me home alone

I've just perved you your no little girl witwooooo "

Tell them you are on the telephone preference service see how quick they get off the line after you say that

"Im very polite and firm. I am rarely rude and often explain that i wont be buying anything and that i realise that they are on commission and it would be best for them to try the next call.

Remember, its a crappy job with extreme pressure. Few of us could handle the cold calling job and so being rude should not happen."

I think it's really shit that people think it's funny to abuse them or piss them off. They are just doing a job for fuck's sake. Just politely say no thank you and hang up.

"Im very polite and firm. I am rarely rude and often explain that i wont be buying anything and that i realise that they are on commission and it would be best for them to try the next call.

Remember, its a crappy job with extreme pressure. Few of us could handle the cold calling job and so being rude should not happen."

I think a lot of people take pleasure in abusing these people forgetting they are humans themselves. In most if not all instances they aren't the company directors and therefore are just doing a job.

Camp, flirty come-on if its a bloke.

"Oooh you sound nice. I bet youve got ever such big strong muscles. I bet you could just pick me up and throw me over your shoulders!"

Errant nonsense if its a woman.

"What's that? You want me to put my caravan in my eiderdown basket? Your babbling woman!"

Phone stright down or sometimes depends what there selling i have a littlw fun hava

I spent an hour on the phone to someone, never found out who, trying to get them to remove my number off the system.

lol George from Uganda must be the funniest one

It's worth pretending to be someone famous as well. I do Benny Hill as Fred Scuttle, Al Pacino, Michael Caine, Mick Jagger, Sara Milican, Christopher Walken and Richard Burton.

London

London

Remember, its a crappy job with extreme pressure. Few of us could handle the cold calling job and so being rude should not happen.

I think it's really shit that people think it's funny to abuse them or piss them off. They are just doing a job for fuck's sake. Just politely say no thank you and hang up. "

This!

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

simple my house phone is never plugged in lol, only time it is when I make a call as soon as I am finished the wire is unplugged again

I have caller is if I don't know the number I don't answer...simplessss

I just tell them I'm dead

Speak french they hang up straight away

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

I think it's really shit that people think it's funny to abuse them or piss them off. They are just doing a job for fuck's sake. Just politely say no thank you and hang up. "

Sorry can't agree with you the rudeness is these companies invading my privacy in the first place. If they are rude enough to do that I'll be equally rude back. Too many people just accept this type of sh*t from businesses who are just out for thenselves.

I think it's really shit that people think it's funny to abuse them or piss them off. They are just doing a job for fuck's sake. Just politely say no thank you and hang up.

This! "

Sorry, but I couldn't give a fuck if its wasting my time, their time or it upsets them. They're no better than street chiggers and I will treat them as such.

London

"

Sorry can't agree with you the rudeness is these companies invading my privacy in the first place. If they are rude enough to do that I'll be equally rude back. Too many people just accept this type of sh*t from businesses who are just out for thenselves."

The phrase "don't shoot the messenger" springs to mind. You're angry at the wrong people.

The thing is that the caller (once they quit or get fired) is replaced within hours so your efforts at rudeness are futile. As for running up costs (which I saw earlier), they're a call centre! They don't give a monkey's about their phone bill. It's the staff hours that run up cost and if that happens, they downsize. Simples!

Such negativity is a total waste of time but do continue if it makes you feel better. How it does escapes me but just understand that it changes nothing so what's the point?

Near Carmarthen

"

Such negativity is a total waste of time but do continue if it makes you feel better. How it does escapes me but just understand that it changes nothing so what's the point?

"

Nope because if everyone did it they'd soon stop. Why would anyone in their right mind buy anything as the result of a cold call?

It should of course be completely illegal unless you have opted in. I actually get very few being ex directory and TPS registered.

Consumers are far too passive and I take great delight in fighting back. I suggest that you Google for Richard Herman who started billing cold calling companies for his time and then taking them to the small claims court. A number of people have now done this successfully.

I just say no thanks and end the call. Cold calling is up there with the shittest jobs possible and really don't feel the need to abuse someone that is just doing a job that they absolutely hate. Plus as well as people's numbers they'll also have the address and could send all sorts of shit to my house so I'm never rude. I've worked in a call centre before and the people that were rude to me I'd put them on a loop to be called 15 times a day, teach them for being a cunt or if anyone did anything stupid like answer the phone but not speak I'd stay on the phone and put it on mute whilst I chatted to my colleagues, not my money being wasted plus for the statistics it still looked like I was on a call.

I often pretend that they've called another call centre and try to sell them something. It's hilarious fun sometimes.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I ask 'Where they got my name and number' and tell them to remove my number from their records

Near Carmarthen

" I've worked in a call centre before and the people that were rude to me I'd put them on a loop to be called 15 times a day, teach them for being a cunt "

Well you've just confirmed how professional the industry is and exactly why people treat them with such contempt.

And they don't have your address if you are ex directory and are being sequentially dialled. I had great joy sending a double glazing company, that refused to stop calling me, to a completely fictious address in the middle of a wood. They never called again.

London

"

Nope because if everyone did it they'd soon stop. Why would anyone in their right mind buy anything as the result of a cold call?

It should of course be completely illegal unless you have opted in. I actually get very few being ex directory and TPS registered.

Consumers are far too passive and I take great delight in fighting back. I suggest that you Google for Richard Herman who started billing cold calling companies for his time and then taking them to the small claims court. A number of people have now done this successfully."

You're not accounting for people who are genuinely interested. For every person that say no, there's a person that says yes. So you'll never have everyone doing it because there will always be a market for certain products or people who would like to jump on board. Since there are means of avoiding these calls such as TPS, the power always lies with you as a consumer so you either take it or you don't.

I googled Herman. Good for him! Why? Because he went for the company, not the poor sod who made the call, which was one in a thousand numbers in his/her data stream that they don't have the power to alter or change. If we're going to "fight back" , tackle the companies, not the poor callers who had the bad luck to stumble across some miserable sod who takes pleasure in being rude to someone who they know full well can't be rude back. Screams cowardice.

It's easy to forget those in call centres have mostly struggled to find work. I've managed one and it's usually young people just trying to stay off the dole. Wasting their time puts their job at risk as it's target driven.

A polite "I'm not interested, please remove me from your database, please" is all it takes.

"It's easy to forget those in call centres have mostly struggled to find work. I've managed one and it's usually young people just trying to stay off the dole. Wasting their time puts their job at risk as it's target driven.

A polite "I'm not interested, please remove me from your database, please" is all it takes. "

Also, your details are bought from companies where you didn't opt out of third parties receiving them. Call centres rarely just pick up a yellow pages and call anyone nowadays.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The council sell details and you can get business stuff for free from companies house

"It's easy to forget those in call centres have mostly struggled to find work. I've managed one and it's usually young people just trying to stay off the dole. Wasting their time puts their job at risk as it's target driven.

A polite "I'm not interested, please remove me from your database, please" is all it takes. "

The company that rang rings the same time near enough everyday and has been asked several times to remove our number which is also ex-directory so ok bit immature but ......

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"I put my little girl on,she loves to talk "

Near Carmarthen

For anyone who wants to take their own action and charge companies for their wasted time; Richard Herman's website is

saynotocoldcalls.com

A polite "I'm not interested, please remove me from your database, please" is all it takes.

The company that rang rings the same time near enough everyday and has been asked several times to remove our number which is also ex-directory so ok bit immature but ......"

Perhaps ask to speak to a senior member of staff, in that case. It's not in a call centre's interest to continue calling you so it's likely an oversight.

The company that rang rings the same time near enough everyday and has been asked several times to remove our number which is also ex-directory so ok bit immature but ......"

I've asked Sky to stop calling me and remove me from their list a stupid amount of times, they still call me twice a week.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

1. Ask for their name and who they are working for address.

2. I'm in Scotland so this conversation is under scottish law, therefore I can be held as a verbal contract.

3. This conversation is being recorded for safety and verification purposes

4. Do you as representative of your company verbally accept the charge of £200 for my time, said fee to be paid within 7 days or its doubled.

Normally by this point the phone has been disconnected by the caller.

"I just say no thanks and end the call. Cold calling is up there with the shittest jobs possible and really don't feel the need to abuse someone that is just doing a job that they absolutely hate. Plus as well as people's numbers they'll also have the address and could send all sorts of shit to my house so I'm never rude. I've worked in a call centre before and the people that were rude to me I'd put them on a loop to be called 15 times a day, teach them for being a cunt or if anyone did anything stupid like answer the phone but not speak I'd stay on the phone and put it on mute whilst I chatted to my colleagues, not my money being wasted plus for the statistics it still looked like I was on a call. "

And it's this that gives call centres a bad name. Very, very childish behaviour.

The company that rang rings the same time near enough everyday and has been asked several times to remove our number which is also ex-directory so ok bit immature but ......

I've asked Sky to stop calling me and remove me from their list a stupid amount of times, they still call me twice a week."

Duplicate records do sometimes exist. Perhaps ask them to check their CRM thoroughly (by phone number and not name) next time.

I've asked Sky to stop calling me and remove me from their list a stupid amount of times, they still call me twice a week.

Duplicate records do sometimes exist. Perhaps ask them to check their CRM thoroughly (by phone number and not name) next time. "

Trouble is they're not the only ones. The PPI and accident claim ones are a constant irritation.

"1. Ask for their name and who they are working for address.

2. I'm in Scotland so this conversation is under scottish law, therefore I can be held as a verbal contract.

3. This conversation is being recorded for safety and verification purposes

4. Do you as representative of your company verbally accept the charge of £200 for my time, said fee to be paid within 7 days or its doubled.

Normally by this point the phone has been disconnected by the caller."

I am unsure how that is any easier than just saying 'no thanks and goodbye'.

If anyone does wish to try this route I would just add that you can have a verbal contract in most jurisdictions including England. I cant say I'd recommend it though

If you all pm me your numbers i can call you and tell you about the bt 8500 call guardian handset, 100% stops all sales calls and all for just a measly £29.99 or £39.99 for a double handset features a answer machine and caller display and an end to all your nightmares.

"Put phone next to telly.

Same reason I always post the prepay envelopes back from junk mail. I'm not sure if they only pay if it's posted, but even if not, it costs man hours to open them and find them empty. Same reason for making spamming our lives as unprofitable as possible."

Never thought about the money that goes into this constant nuisance. Will have to try these tactics from now on for a laugh!

Duplicate records do sometimes exist. Perhaps ask them to check their CRM thoroughly (by phone number and not name) next time.

Trouble is they're not the only ones. The PPI and accident claim ones are a constant irritation. "

They have been outlawed in this country but many of them now operate outside of England or just shut down and open new companies.

If you do get any 'claims calls' then ask for their MOJ number and also report them to the MOJ

I keep them on the phone for as long as possible. I'll start with, "can you hold for a moment?". Then I ignore them for a couple of minutes. Then I come back and let them talk. I respond with as many inane questions as possible just to ware them down. Then I just go completely silent while they talk. My breathing gets heavier and I end up shouting "Yes, yes, yes, aaaarrghh."

I then tell them they were amazing and ask if I can move in with them.

They don't normally bother me again.

Trouble is they're not the only ones. The PPI and accident claim ones are a constant irritation. "

Sadly, your details have been sold by someone you provided them to. You can't really prevent them now (though TPS is a good shout) but you can ask them to stop calling again. My old company used to send "opt outs" back to the data centre which then removed them from the lists being sold. It's a manual process, and takes time for it to be actioned, and doesn't account for data sets sold in that 3 month ish period.

BT sell handsets which stop calls which are routed from switchboards which may be a good option as well.

Trouble is they're not the only ones. The PPI and accident claim ones are a constant irritation.

They have been outlawed in this country but many of them now operate outside of England or just shut down and open new companies.

If you do get any 'claims calls' then ask for their MOJ number and also report them to the MOJ"

PPI calls haven't been outlawed, I think you've misunderstood the rulings.

If you do get any 'claims calls' then ask for their MOJ number and also report them to the MOJ

PPI calls haven't been outlawed, I think you've misunderstood the rulings."

Sorry wording wasn't great, the payment of a referral fee from a solicitor to a CMC has been banned, but a lot of the PPI companies are not actually law firms.

I ask them why they are ringing a ten year olds phone and why they think that a ten year old would have ever had PPI or want to buy something. It works a treat and they remove your number from their records

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

This!

Sorry, but I couldn't give a fuck if its wasting my time, their time or it upsets them. They're no better than street chiggers and I will treat them as such."

I happened to agree with the above though im one of them that rips there heads off without a second thought

the cold caller then threatened me with police action and I just say go ahead I will gladly see you in court

the main point I didnt ask for these calls in the first place I dont want to be pestered by them

ive also had the windows phonecall now that was fun

this one i hate the most but ive turned the tables on them and its most fun saying that you have hacked them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmZ58Rnssk

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

no i spare their time and mine by saying ..i am not interested and terminating the call

This!

Sorry, but I couldn't give a fuck if its wasting my time, their time or it upsets them. They're no better than street chiggers and I will treat them as such.

I happened to agree with the above though im one of them that rips there heads off without a second thought

the cold caller then threatened me with police action and I just say go ahead I will gladly see you in court

the main point I didnt ask for these calls in the first place I dont want to be pestered by them

ive also had the windows phonecall now that was fun

this one i hate the most but ive turned the tables on them and its most fun saying that you have hacked them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmZ58Rnssk

"

Thing is though, you did consent to your details being sold. It's your fault for being arrogant enough to not take proper care over your personal details and expecting everyone to understand your true wishes.

Would you prefer those workers went on the dole, or are you actually relieved they're doing something and contributing taxes to society?

Also - the Windows call is a scam call, not a direct marketing call.

Near Carmarthen

"

Thing is though, you did consent to your details being sold. It's your fault for being arrogant enough to not take proper care over your personal details and expecting everyone to understand your true wishes.

Would you prefer those workers went on the dole, or are you actually relieved they're doing something and contributing taxes to society?

"

Nope it's companies being arrogant enough to have hidden little tick boxes on purpose so that they can use and sell the information. Many old people are confused by this and haven't a clue let alone being arrogant. This and crap through the letter box should be strictly by 'opt in' not 'opt out'

Presumably if the product is actually needed; that need would be fulfilled by someone else so their would actually be no (or very little) net loss of jobs should these call centres disapear?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No thank you.........

I now make out I am not owner of house .. They soon go .

"

Nope it's companies being arrogant enough to have hidden little tick boxes on purpose so that they can use and sell the information. Many old people are confused by this and haven't a clue let alone being arrogant. This and crap through the letter box should be strictly by 'opt in' not 'opt out'

Presumably if the product is actually needed; that need would be fulfilled by someone else so their would actually be no (or very little) net loss of jobs should these call centres disapear?"

But it's not opt in, so the burden of responsibility is yours.

I managed 40 people in one call centre, half of those did C2C calls, more chose to do C2C as overtime. That's a lot of jobs to be lost from just one company.

"

Presumably if the product is actually needed; that need would be fulfilled by someone else so their would actually be no (or very little) net loss of jobs should these call centres disapear?

But it's not opt in, so the burden of responsibility is yours.

I managed 40 people in one call centre, half of those did C2C calls, more chose to do C2C as overtime. That's a lot of jobs to be lost from just one company. "

B2C*

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"Thing is though, you did consent to your details being sold. It's your fault for being arrogant enough to not take proper care over your personal details and expecting everyone to understand your true wishes.

Also - the Windows call is a scam call, not a direct marketing call. "

lol no I didnt consent to anything other than fill in the school form, child payment forms and also the housing form for rent to be paid and had to sign the bottom of it otherwise the rent wouldnt have been paid

they was the only ones that had contact details by phone as before that I only used a mobile phone the ex got all the cold calls not me

all 3 lost my number as soon changed that number and then only gave it to school for an emergency number strange thing the calls started again from cold callers then I changed that to a pager system

"I just say no thanks and end the call. Cold calling is up there with the shittest jobs possible and really don't feel the need to abuse someone that is just doing a job that they absolutely hate. Plus as well as people's numbers they'll also have the address and could send all sorts of shit to my house so I'm never rude. I've worked in a call centre before and the people that were rude to me I'd put them on a loop to be called 15 times a day, teach them for being a cunt or if anyone did anything stupid like answer the phone but not speak I'd stay on the phone and put it on mute whilst I chatted to my colleagues, not my money being wasted plus for the statistics it still looked like I was on a call.

And it's this that gives call centres a bad name. Very, very childish behaviour."

Oh and the people putting children on the phone to talk or pretending to not hear or blowing a whistle down the phone risking permanent damage or many other things people do to cold callers isn't childish? Give a fuck was 15 years ago since I done it, probably thought of new things to do by now.

1 I speak welsh and a bit of made up clanger talk .

2 Tell them the house is rented they soon bugger off

3 I sing too and make odd noises

4 all else fails let them talk to the pooch

I am always polite they are only doing a job of work . so I politely thank them for ringing and say no thank you

just tell em to get a proper job, and if they think £5 per week will feed a little african child for a week then go to pound bakery and you could feed them for a month

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

last week I was told by a cold caller that my PAT testing was due.. I said it wasn't due until the 30th Feb could we arrange to have it done then... that was not enough... the chap clearly wasn't the sharpest tool in the box... even when I told him my name was Ima Joka it still took several seconds for the penny to drop..

If there selling anything I tell them to come round and when they turn up I tell them im not intrested and just wanted to waste there time like they have mine. Or tell them to hold its the wife they need to speak to (dont have one) then get some porn on as fast as possible and put phone nest to speaker. Or get an online quote haggle them down then when they have spoken to there boss and you have them at rock bottom price tell them you changed your mind had hang up. I dont get many cold calls now lol

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I am very rude and officious to them asking them how dare they waste my time and do they know how much I am paid an hour .... and can I speak to their supervisor, for them breaching my peace and quiet. takes about five minutes for them to hang up

Who even uses a landline anymore

Never had one

Enjoy your cold calls suckas!!

I removed the answer machine from my lanline and don't answer unknown calls to my mobile.

i put the phone down on them

"Ive got caller display, so can usually identify when they call. I don't get as much as I have in the past and have reported some UK based companies to the appropriate authorities.

I always state I use the Telephone Preference Service, ask for their company and contact details and to be removed from their database. Often the calls don't get that far.

Rarely, when I've had some free time, I've asked the caller for their personal information and started to sell them something - not that I'm in sales. I wouldn't do anything to harm their hearing, as I've heard of people blowing whistles etc down the line, which is barbaric.

Or just ask them to hold on, whilst I go and find Mz Slvt for them - and don't go back to the phone."

I've threatened one company with the police for harassment as 5 mins after talking to one idiot I got another call then another, think it was six calls in an hour, in the end some manager bloke rang me, apologised and I never heard from them again

If you all pm me your numbers i can call you and tell you about the bt 8500 call guardian handset, 100% stops all sales calls and all for just a measly £29.99 or £39.99 for a double handset features a answer machine and caller display and an end to all your nightmares.

If i'm in the mood i start to ask them about their personal services, do thwy do outcalls*, what they get upto and how much. I've yet to hear of any.

* It transpires that the police do though.

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Google crime scene cold call prank by a guy called Tom Mabe best way ever to deal with cold callers I ended up feeling sorry for the poor sod, In-between howling with laughter

You guys are evil... Btw I made millions cold calling in the late nineties.....

"I removed the answer machine from my lanline and don't answer unknown calls to my mobile."

I actually have mine permanently on, if I am home when the phone rings and someone speaks, I will pick it up depending on who it is, if not, I just leave it

teleford

I'm TPS registered so it is rare to get a call from a legitimate business. When "George" calls from Nigeria and fraudulently states he is calling from my energy provider he deserves all the shit he gets. He know what he is doing is illegal.

The returning of junk mail and holding callers on the line will force these businesses to stop. It just needs enough people to do it.

If stupid folk stop engaging in business with cold calling companies they would all be out of business in 6 months. Who are the morons, come on own up!

Play the repeater game just repeat everything they say to you it's fun.

teleford

"Who even uses a landline anymore

Never had one

Enjoy your cold calls suckas!! "

People with businesses and shit mobile coverage, like me, that's who.

And don't worry you can still get cold called on your mobile.

teleford

"Play the repeater game just repeat everything they say to you it's fun."

Play the repeater game just repeat everything they say to you it's fun.

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Get very few but when I do , I say "yes I'd love to talk to you, hang on a second" put phone down on the side and leave it til they get bored and hang up

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Depends how busy I am....sometimes a play the cabbages game if they speaking quickly and obviously using a script....just slot the word cabbages into all of your answers, which must be positive so they get excited and stop actually listening and then when they get to the end and ask if they have a deal I just say "well I'm a bit concerned about the cabbages" which throws them into a spin.

Option two, as I did the other day, is I just start selling them stuff and refuse to listen to them until they've heard me out.....he hung up.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Say wow that's a coincidence, I am also in sales and ask them while they are on the phone would they mind you asking them a few questions

You can change what you are pretending to sell them to suit your mood

Sex toys is a good one

"You guys are evil... Btw I made millions cold calling in the late nineties..... "

Not through any of my money though.

I ask them to confirm their account details and password - that has them scratching their head then usually just hang up if i cant be bothered asking them any more questions.

The best ones are when "Tracy" or "Robert" call you when quite obviously Tracy and Robert had parents that have interesting name choices for their Chicos!!

By *anklerMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Heavy breathing and adkung what they are wearing usually gets them to hang up.

So does telling them you've put them

on hold and start singing

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

Tell them you have tourettes and speak accordingly

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Easy , what ever they try to sell you tell them you already have one , then keep them on the phone for as long as possible as there paying for the call , they soon get fed up and piss off , that way you dont get another call , works wonders ,

By *anklerMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Tell them you have tourettes and speak accordingly "

I do this on trains, stops people sittong next to me

Block them on my iphone

Ex directory land line

No problems