FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Advertising

Advertising

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So this afternoon i found myself in the local supermarket.

In the foyer they were having a live boxing demo to advertise something. The guy was hitting the other and he was trying to block it.

This wasnt slow or playful. It was fast and grunty and sweaty.

I had my 3 year old with me and i found it super innapropriate.

My husband wasnt bothered by it though. What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would appear whatever product they were trying to advertise failed to make an impact....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Why is watching a sport inappropriate? If done right boxing is a great sport,very physical,lots of dedication to training and nutrition and an understanding that what happens in the ring stays in the ring much like karate.

You could use it as an opportunity to teach your son that fighting like that is OK in boxing but not in the real world etc turn it into a positive.

By *angerousEyesMan  over a year ago

weston

Not really the sort of thing you expect to find at a shop.

Well the grunting and hitting i found a little violent.

My little girl was quite scared by one guy hitting the other...

It's just boxing, nothing offensive in that.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Oh no, not another run of live bodyform adverts again

"It's just boxing, nothing offensive in that."

I dont disagree with boxing just wondering if people would want to see it in there local tesco. If i didnt have a young child i might not of thought about it.

As a place where lots of people go ... should it be in the local tesco i suppose is the question.

Happy to admit it could just be thats bothered by it lol...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So this afternoon i found myself in the local supermarket.

In the foyer they were having a live boxing demo to advertise something. The guy was hitting the other and he was trying to block it.

This wasnt slow or playful. It was fast and grunty and sweaty.

I had my 3 year old with me and i found it super innapropriate.

My husband wasnt bothered by it though. What do you think?"

I think I would have found it questionable. My brothers were boxers I see nothing wrong with the sport and am happy for people to watch it if it's their choice. However I always found it upsetting and I wouldn't want to see it in a supermarket myself I can also understand why it would upset children.

evesham

"It's just boxing, nothing offensive in that.

I dont disagree with boxing just wondering if people would want to see it in there local tesco. If i didnt have a young child i might not of thought about it.

As a place where lots of people go ... should it be in the local tesco i suppose is the question."

why not? your child is going to experience things that scare them, you are not always going to be able to prevent that. As said before, take it as an opportunity to educate her, ok maybe she wont undeerstand the intricacies etc but you could just explain that its just a thing called boxing that some people do and nothing to be scared of.

Plus if it was just in the foyer then you didnt have to hang round it very long to go and do your shopping so cant really see an issue in it to be honest.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

As a place where lots of people go ... should it be in the local tesco i suppose is the question."

In my opinion no, I am aware that my opinion is slightly off as if there was a trampolining demo for instance I wouldn't have been bothered.

As a place where lots of people go ... should it be in the local tesco i suppose is the question.

In my opinion no, I am aware that my opinion is slightly off as if there was a trampolining demo for instance I wouldn't have been bothered."

A trampolining demo wouldnt have bothered me lol

why not? your child is going to experience things that scare them, you are not always going to be able to prevent that. As said before, take it as an opportunity to educate her, ok maybe she wont undeerstand the intricacies etc but you could just explain that its just a thing called boxing that some people do and nothing to be scared of.

Plus if it was just in the foyer then you didnt have to hang round it very long to go and do your shopping so cant really see an issue in it to be honest."

I didnt hang around and of course i tried to explain it to her. But also i didnt have a choice in seeing it twice being where it was... plus you could hear the grunting at the other end of the store

No it shouldn't be in the local Tesco. I agree with you.

evesham

i dont see why not but then i dont see it as a violent or scary thing, just an exposition of a sport and a great way of keeping fit. Same as Karate or Judo or any other contact sports.

» Add a new message to this topic