FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Turn it in!

Turn it in!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do certain people feel it necessary to have personal digs at me on here, when I`ve done nothing to them, does this happen to everyone? I`m getting paranoid.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Why do certain people feel it necessary to have personal digs at me on here, when I`ve done nothing to them, does this happen to everyone? I`m getting paranoid. "

It's a bear pit, don't worry about it!

"Why do certain people feel it necessary to have personal digs at me on here, when I`ve done nothing to them, does this happen to everyone? I`m getting paranoid.

It's a bear pit, don't worry about it! "

I hope so.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Ignore them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Why do certain people feel it necessary to have personal digs at me on here, when I`ve done nothing to them, does this happen to everyone? I`m getting paranoid.

It's a bear pit, don't worry about it! "

Don't worry about it. It happens from time to time.

Some people cannot discuss issues. The only recourse they have is personal insult.

Appealing to them is useless. Not only don't they understand, they actually can't.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know I wasn't having a dig at you when you accused me of doing so. You do seem easily offended, so perhaps it's how you interpret things as opposed to others intentions.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I think its easy to have a go at people on line ,but just like the real world some people enjoy being nasty.

King's Crustacean

"I know I wasn't having a dig at you when you accused me of doing so. You do seem easily offended, so perhaps it's how you interpret things as opposed to others intentions. "

Oh now I have to find the thread.

Which one was it ?

People have digs about everyone & everything on here.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of live & let live attitude. Tends to be more of a "I'm right & you're wrong" attitude which is a damn shame

"I know I wasn't having a dig at you when you accused me of doing so. You do seem easily offended, so perhaps it's how you interpret things as opposed to others intentions. "

There have been quite a few, I just wondered if I was doing something against the rules , so I can rectify it,

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

ignore it, it just reaffirms that we won't be liked by all the people...

who cares?

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Puts the kettle on and makes herself comfy. Has to get up to mash tea, regrets getting comfy as this sofa is one of those you sink into and can't get up from. Anyone fancy mashing the tea and bringing it over?

"I know I wasn't having a dig at you when you accused me of doing so. You do seem easily offended, so perhaps it's how you interpret things as opposed to others intentions.

Which one was it ?"

One about who's coming to dinner, should be on my green arrow.

"I know I wasn't having a dig at you when you accused me of doing so. You do seem easily offended, so perhaps it's how you interpret things as opposed to others intentions.

There have been quite a few, I just wondered if I was doing something against the rules , so I can rectify it,"

You need the hide of a rhino when on forums, any forums. Don't assign importance to remarks made in the heat of a debate.

King's Crustacean

"Puts the kettle on and makes herself comfy. Has to get up to mash tea, regrets getting comfy as this sofa is one of those you sink into and can't get up from. Anyone fancy mashing the tea and bringing it over? "

Think I'll join you Tina. No mashing though. Just a gentle dunk n pull.

King's Crustacean

Which one was it ?

One about who's coming to dinner, should be on my green arrow. "

Off for a peep. Hang on.

Are we allowed to put anything for debate on here, funny or serious?

There have been quite a few, I just wondered if I was doing something against the rules , so I can rectify it,"

In my case, it wasn't a personal jibe at all, just that I didn't agree with the little progression since the 60s statement, or that you weren't focused on the negatives. Having said that, it is annoying to be accused of attacking people when it's not the case and does make me think you're overly sensitive.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Are we allowed to put anything for debate on here, funny or serious?"

you have in the past and it has been debated, you also have strong opinions on subjects. Pissing people off will go hand in hand with the latter

Laugh it off and ignore them, If they are Male there is a very good chance I will never see them in person, And if they are Female I probably wouldn't want to meet them anyway,

And it's just just words on the screen I don't take it to heart

Which one was it ?

You were a minor one, it`s a bit of victimisation going on from another that concerns me.

There have been quite a few, I just wondered if I was doing something against the rules , so I can rectify it,

In my case, it wasn't a personal jibe at all, just that I didn't agree with the little progression since the 60s statement, or that you weren't focused on the negatives. Having said that, it is annoying to be accused of attacking people when it's not the case and does make me think you're overly sensitive. "

I haven`t accused you,

In my case, it wasn't a personal jibe at all, just that I didn't agree with the little progression since the 60s statement, or that you weren't focused on the negatives. Having said that, it is annoying to be accused of attacking people when it's not the case and does make me think you're overly sensitive. I haven`t accused you,"

You did on that post and you just said I was a minor one.

Honestly, I don't think you should take things so personally. This is just a forum on one website, it should be inconsequential to you're life. If you're getting upset when people disagree, perhaps stop subjecting yourself to it.

"Are we allowed to put anything for debate on here, funny or serious?

you have in the past and it has been debated, you also have strong opinions on subjects. Pissing people off will go hand in hand with the latter"

why get pissed off at an opinion if it`s up for debate, by doing that I`m saying I`m changeable on the opinion. Thanks for pointing that out, I`ll look into my posts.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Some people just like to bully I'm afraid. It's their natural state of being. They may even do it in real life too but online it's so easy to sit behind a computer screen and type out some bile. They're the one with the problem not you. Just ignore them and move on. There's plenty of decent people around to make up for the odd fuckwit or two.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

outrage is worn like a badge of honour on the internet, you see threads all the time that even though what is being described doesn't reflect their own experience/life, they will BE OUTRAGED at the very suggestion that it may....

fucking outrgaed

In my case, it wasn't a personal jibe at all, just that I didn't agree with the little progression since the 60s statement, or that you weren't focused on the negatives. Having said that, it is annoying to be accused of attacking people when it's not the case and does make me think you're overly sensitive. I haven`t accused you,

Honestly, I don't think you should take things so personally. This is just a forum on one website, it should be inconsequential to you're life. If you're getting upset when people disagree, perhaps stop subjecting yourself to it. "

I don`t get upset when people disagree with me, that would be silly, especially after I`ve started a debate, it`s people who just have a go at me for posting the thread and saying I am a negative person, they should just move on and let me debate with the interested party.

Which one was it ?

You were a minor one, it`s a bit of victimisation going on from another that concerns me."

Hang around the internet long enough and you'll attract trolls. They only do it for effect, and you've vindicated them by posting this. They know now they've upset you and will carry on doing it.

In my case, it wasn't a personal jibe at all, just that I didn't agree with the little progression since the 60s statement, or that you weren't focused on the negatives. Having said that, it is annoying to be accused of attacking people when it's not the case and does make me think you're overly sensitive. I haven`t accused you,

Honestly, I don't think you should take things so personally. This is just a forum on one website, it should be inconsequential to you're life. If you're getting upset when people disagree, perhaps stop subjecting yourself to it.

I don`t get upset when people disagree with me, that would be silly, especially after I`ve started a debate, it`s people who just have a go at me for posting the thread and saying I am a negative person, they should just move on and let me debate with the interested party."

Sadly, you don't have the right to enforce that - it's a public forum. It's silly to get upset over other people's opinions. Anyway, it's not a debate if you only wish to converse with people with similar _iewpoints.

Which one was it ?

I personally think you were attacked more in that post, although not by the OP.

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Post away to your hearts content. I'm sure if you ever put anything up that's deemed inappropriate by the site then they'll take it down.

Which one was it ?

You were a minor one, it`s a bit of victimisation going on from another that concerns me.

Hang around the internet long enough and you'll attract trolls. They only do it for effect, and you've vindicated them by posting this. They know now they've upset you and will carry on doing it."

Hopefully you're not including me in that as I certainly wasn't "trolling" the OP when they accused me of picking on them - I pointed out that he had made multiple posts about the dreadful state of human nature and that he'd be better off focusing on the positives.

unless they know you personally i wouldnt be paranoid

its really easy insulting people behind a computer screen

Which one was it ?

Hang around the internet long enough and you'll attract trolls. They only do it for effect, and you've vindicated them by posting this. They know now they've upset you and will carry on doing it.

Hopefully you're not including me in that as I certainly wasn't "trolling" the OP when they accused me of picking on them - I pointed out that he had made multiple posts about the dreadful state of human nature and that he'd be better off focusing on the positives."

Nope. I know to whom he is referring in his earlier comment and I believe he is not being wise opening himself to further attacks, now that person knows he's been upset.

I was only wondering, as I`m new on here, if I`d done something wrong on the forum so I could rectify it, I should have made that clear in the OP.

King's Crustacean

I read it.

I don't think the O.P. was attacked by anyone.

Although once he questioned someone's contribution that questioner was attacked more than once.

Things are never as simple as they seem.

I don`t get upset when people disagree with me, that would be silly, especially after I`ve started a debate, it`s people who just have a go at me for posting the thread and saying I am a negative person, they should just move on and let me debate with the interested party.

Sadly, you don't have the right to enforce that - it's a public forum. It's silly to get upset over other people's opinions. Anyway, it's not a debate if you only wish to converse with people with similar _iewpoints. "

Sorry, I don`t get that

"I was only wondering, as I`m new on here, if I`d done something wrong on the forum so I could rectify it, I should have made that clear in the OP."

No, the only thing you've done wrong is jumping to conclusions. It can't be personal as people don't know you, do they? They're replying to words on a screen. Seriously, if you're not enjoying it then stop. It's very easily rectified.

"I read it.

Although once he questioned someone's contribution that questioner was attacked more than once.

Things are never as simple as they seem. "

I`ve already said this is not about that post, she identified herself on here and I made no reference to that post or her, so I fail to see a problem there.

King's Crustacean

"I read it.

I`ve already said this is not about that post, she identified herself on here and I made no reference to that post or her, so I fail to see a problem there."

Try reading my post as I read it. It wasn't about you.

It was about my observations.

I'm bowing out of this thread gracefully.

Toodle ... oo

"I read it.

I`ve already said this is not about that post, she identified herself on here and I made no reference to that post or her, so I fail to see a problem there."

Well, you accused me of the same on the other post and did say I was a minor one on this post so I feel like it appropriate for me to respond.

I'm not sure why you don't want me to respond, however I'm starting to suspect you want people to say others are just mean and you're alright.

The only common denominator is you

On that other thread I saw it as that woman being jumped on by you and someone else and you saying "are you still here" which IMO is quite rude.

Don't be bothered about internet squabbles, I love them!