FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why is it

Why is it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I ask for some of my belongings out of the exes house I am being nasty.

She uses the kids as a weapon against me but that's ok

Where is the logic and reality gone?

I only want my stuff and to see my son we had together gggrrrrr

So much for us getting on lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on how you asked, if they're shared belongings, what was said when you left and if you're only asking to cause a hassle. It may not be the case, but it's how it could be perceived.

On here, we only know one side of the story. So we can't comment really. Maybe you could ask someone neutral to act as a go between or just wait for everything to calm down. High emotions always make people behave differently to how they really are. Hope it all gets resolved.

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

Always two sides to the story, I don't know both sides so I'm out.

I asked nicely I am not a nasty person all I wanted back were a few models of scooters a couple of pics of my son and my trailer that's for some of my stuff in it. Just personal stuff that is mine.

I feel your pain OP.

I split with my ex in January 2010

Had to take her to court to get to see my kids - didn't see them until November 2011

She STILL hasn't let me get at the remainder of my personal belongings - so I have had to pretty much give up on them.

Using kids as a weapon is emotional abuse of THEM. They have a right to see their father.

I would suggest you speak to a solicitor - you can get half hour advice for free.

"I feel your pain OP.

Had to take her to court to get to see my kids - didn't see them until November 2011

She STILL hasn't let me get at the remainder of my personal belongings - so I have had to pretty much give up on them.

Using kids as a weapon is emotional abuse of THEM. They have a right to see their father.

I would suggest you speak to a solicitor - you can get half hour advice for free."

Been there done that got the t shirt 6k later and still no closer to having my little man stay with me.

"I feel your pain OP.

I would suggest you speak to a solicitor - you can get half hour advice for free.

Been there done that got the t shirt 6k later and still no closer to having my little man stay with me."

Got a good friend who is a Mackenzie friend helping me now

"I asked nicely I am not a nasty person all I wanted back were a few models of scooters a couple of pics of my son and my trailer that's for some of my stuff in it. Just personal stuff that is mine."

Always a sad situation but, as others have said on here, there are often two sides to a story.

Difficult as it may be, the best advice would be to calm down before the situation gets worse.

"I asked nicely I am not a nasty person all I wanted back were a few models of scooters a couple of pics of my son and my trailer that's for some of my stuff in it. Just personal stuff that is mine.

Always a sad situation but, as others have said on here, there are often two sides to a story.

Difficult as it may be, the best advice would be to calm down before the situation gets worse."

Funny thing is I am calm as far as I am concerned now she can do what ever she likes water off a ducks back

"I asked nicely I am not a nasty person all I wanted back were a few models of scooters a couple of pics of my son and my trailer that's for some of my stuff in it. Just personal stuff that is mine.

Difficult as it may be, the best advice would be to calm down before the situation gets worse.

Funny thing is I am calm as far as I am concerned now she can do what ever she likes water off a ducks back "

No wish to inflame the situation. It is your situation and not mine. And there are emotions and children involved. It is just that you did not sound calm at all and that in itself (without laying any blame whatsoever) often leads to more difficulties. Good luck with it all. The personal possessions you mention seem to me to be far less important than the other issues.

» Add a new message to this topic