FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it supposed to feel worse before it gets better?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I *really* don;t like needles.

Pass.

"I *really* don;t like needles.

Pass. "

I don't either. As soon as she mentioned it I started sweating and panicking inside

Glastonbury

Pass.

I don't either. As soon as she mentioned it I started sweating and panicking inside "

So say 'no', clearly...

Pass.

I don't either. As soon as she mentioned it I started sweating and panicking inside

So say 'no', clearly..."

I have a chronic pain issue with my shoulder have tried everything. Steroid injections, operation, pain relief. Physio isn't working so she suggested it as another option.

Glastonbury

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

I have a chronic pain issue with my shoulder have tried everything. Steroid injections, operation, pain relief. Physio isn't working so she suggested it as another option. "

In that case, if you've tried everything else...?

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

I have a chronic pain issue with my shoulder have tried everything. Steroid injections, operation, pain relief. Physio isn't working so she suggested it as another option. "

I had it years ago when three vertebrae locked together on my back , it was also wired up to the mains giving me an electric shock every five seconds , I don'tl Ile needles or pain but after a while it made a real difference combined with the osteopaths wrestling technique

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

I have a chronic pain issue with my shoulder have tried everything. Steroid injections, operation, pain relief. Physio isn't working so she suggested it as another option.

I had it years ago when three vertebrae locked together on my back , it was also wired up to the mains giving me an electric shock every five seconds , I don'tl Ile needles or pain but after a while it made a real difference combined with the osteopaths wrestling technique"

Been suffering since 2009 with my arm I actually surprised myself. No fainting lol I might keep on with it. Hopefully it will help

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

I had it a while back.. I don't really like needles but if it's done properly then it's not too bad, you can feel it but it doesn't hurt

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

But in response to the op, I don't know xD mine just got better

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is acupuncture akin to FAB? Lots of pricks in various parts of the anatomy?

I had it for a back injury about 10 years ago, along with Tuina massage and cupping, made me feel great, but cost a lot of money, needs to be regular. Occasionally felt a little nerve jolt as the needle went in, but no pain. Best have a one off session to see how you go.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

Acupuncture didn't work for my pain but it didn't make it worse. It did work for Mr N's shoulder condition but didn't make that worse first either.

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

Acupuncture didn't work for my pain but it didn't make it worse. It did work for Mr N's shoulder condition but didn't make that worse first either."

I was just wondering because my "pain" has changed slightly not sure if it's better or worse pain. I guess only time will tell

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

Acupuncture didn't work for my pain but it didn't make it worse. It did work for Mr N's shoulder condition but didn't make that worse first either.

I was just wondering because my "pain" has changed slightly not sure if it's better or worse pain. I guess only time will tell "

Yes. A consultant gave me about six sessions of acupuncture and it made not a jot of difference, a physio did it on me a couple of years later and it made me kind of hypnotized or "drugged" so he wouldn't do it again. I think you need more than one session for sure.

Mr N uses my tens machine on the acupuncture points now to good effect so it might be worth remembering where the needles go in for future reference.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I have had acupuncture twice on a shoulder muscle issue and to be honest the first time I had it was amazing. The physio tapped the (very skinny) needle in and gave it a wiggle. The muscle relaxed instantly and a wave of euphoria washed over me. It was amazing and the feeling lasted a good 30 mins. The 2nd time didn't have much of an effect but I already felt so much better after the first session.

I've had acupuncture on and off for over 10 years. If your acupuncturist is good then you should get results from it. Drink plenty after a treatment.

"I've had acupuncture on and off for over 10 years. If your acupuncturist is good then you should get results from it. Drink plenty after a treatment. "

I agree, the quality of your acupuncturist is very important

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

Pass.

So say 'no', clearly...

I was just wondering because my "pain" has changed slightly not sure if it's better or worse pain. I guess only time will tell "

the pain changes as the block gets cleared..acupuncture is long lasting so it generally takes 'layers off' metaphorically speaking, as you get treated..hence the change and not the instant disappearance of symptoms..its good medicine..wishing you all the best xx

Thanks for all the replies. If only I had been offered it before just to see. I can't take certain meds so a lot of pain relief other than paracetamol is out of the question. I really hate needles too so it wouldn't have been something I thought about as a treatment

"Thanks for all the replies. If only I had been offered it before just to see. I can't take certain meds so a lot of pain relief other than paracetamol is out of the question. I really hate needles too so it wouldn't have been something I thought about as a treatment "

Have you looked into herbal remedies for pain, some of them are quite good,but not for severe pain.

"Thanks for all the replies. If only I had been offered it before just to see. I can't take certain meds so a lot of pain relief other than paracetamol is out of the question. I really hate needles too so it wouldn't have been something I thought about as a treatment

Have you looked into herbal remedies for pain, some of them are quite good,but not for severe pain."

Nothing worked I tried most things. My arm is abit messed up after I had a type of bone cancer. The tumour I had grew up through my bicep tendon shredding it into tiny strands as well as snapping the radius nerve. It wasn't found for 2 years and I nearly lost my arm because of it

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Is it supposed to feel worse before it gets better? "

I couldn't go back to work after as ft a bit sick so I arranged appts late in the day. Had in my foot, back, hands & ear. The only time it hurt was when stuck over my left ovary whilst ovulating.

It took a while to feel the benefits

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks for all the replies. If only I had been offered it before just to see. I can't take certain meds so a lot of pain relief other than paracetamol is out of the question. I really hate needles too so it wouldn't have been something I thought about as a treatment

Have you looked into herbal remedies for pain, some of them are quite good,but not for severe pain.

Nothing worked I tried most things. My arm is abit messed up after I had a type of bone cancer. The tumour I had grew up through my bicep tendon shredding it into tiny strands as well as snapping the radius nerve. It wasn't found for 2 years and I nearly lost my arm because of it "

Blimey that must hurt. Stick with the acupuncture and if it works maybe consider a tens machine if you don't already have one. Have you been offered any non medicinal other ways of dealing with the pain?

Nothing worked I tried most things. My arm is abit messed up after I had a type of bone cancer. The tumour I had grew up through my bicep tendon shredding it into tiny strands as well as snapping the radius nerve. It wasn't found for 2 years and I nearly lost my arm because of it "

Yikes! sorry to hear that, herbal aren`t good for that kind of intense pain, hope you find something that helps. X

Nothing worked I tried most things. My arm is abit messed up after I had a type of bone cancer. The tumour I had grew up through my bicep tendon shredding it into tiny strands as well as snapping the radius nerve. It wasn't found for 2 years and I nearly lost my arm because of it

Blimey that must hurt. Stick with the acupuncture and if it works maybe consider a tens machine if you don't already have one. Have you been offered any non medicinal other ways of dealing with the pain?"

The physio has lent me a tens machine. I haven't really been offered anything until recently. I changed doctors and told the new one if he didn't do something I would chop my own arm off with a rusty saw. I got sent to one physio at the nearby hospital who wasn't very helpful so I went back to my gp and have been to see this new one who seems to be abit more helpful.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Blimey that must hurt. Stick with the acupuncture and if it works maybe consider a tens machine if you don't already have one. Have you been offered any non medicinal other ways of dealing with the pain?

The physio has lent me a tens machine. I haven't really been offered anything until recently. I changed doctors and told the new one if he didn't do something I would chop my own arm off with a rusty saw. I got sent to one physio at the nearby hospital who wasn't very helpful so I went back to my gp and have been to see this new one who seems to be abit more helpful. "

My experience of chronic pain is that doctors, especially male dictors don't accept that women tell the truth about the level of pain they're in. I was told to "try and soldier on" by one gp who was then so surprised that I had no reflex in my ankle (indicating nerve damage) that he tried several times to find one because his difficulty in accepting that I was telling the truth about the pain I was in was greater than the evidence before his eyes. Eventually I saw a gp (female by coincidence) who took what I said at face value and she tried lots of things but eventually surgery was the only thing that sorted me out. Have you been referred to the pain clinic or tried amitriptyline? Sometimes unfortunately pain has to be lived with that's when coping strategies come in.

I hope you find a solution and that acupuncture works I know how life affecting chronic pain is.

Ps. Try the tens machine...you never know

X

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

"Is it supposed to feel worse before it gets better? "

Yes.. My old teacher said it was to do with clearing the pathways. Once opened you feel better.

The physio has lent me a tens machine. I haven't really been offered anything until recently. I changed doctors and told the new one if he didn't do something I would chop my own arm off with a rusty saw. I got sent to one physio at the nearby hospital who wasn't very helpful so I went back to my gp and have been to see this new one who seems to be abit more helpful.

My experience of chronic pain is that doctors, especially male dictors don't accept that women tell the truth about the level of pain they're in. I was told to "try and soldier on" by one gp who was then so surprised that I had no reflex in my ankle (indicating nerve damage) that he tried several times to find one because his difficulty in accepting that I was telling the truth about the pain I was in was greater than the evidence before his eyes. Eventually I saw a gp (female by coincidence) who took what I said at face value and she tried lots of things but eventually surgery was the only thing that sorted me out. Have you been referred to the pain clinic or tried amitriptyline? Sometimes unfortunately pain has to be lived with that's when coping strategies come in.

I hope you find a solution and that acupuncture works I know how life affecting chronic pain is.

X"

Was never offered the chance to see anyone in the pain clinic tbh the treatment I received before they found the issue was pretty shocking. It could've been sorted 2 years previously but the tumour was missed on my X-ray. Was only spotted on a new x-Ray when I went for my pre op for a routine tendon repair op as that was what I was told. By that point major damage had already occurred. Since moved areas and now have a gp more willing to listen after being passed round from one person to another. So hopefully things can now be sorted out

Never worked for me but it does for some. Tried it for a knee injury even learned to put the needles in myself ( the wired up type!) did absolutely bloody nothing.

Then again 6 billion Chinese can't be wrong they believe in it so it's got to have some effect.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

X

Was never offered the chance to see anyone in the pain clinic tbh the treatment I received before they found the issue was pretty shocking. It could've been sorted 2 years previously but the tumour was missed on my X-ray. Was only spotted on a new x-Ray when I went for my pre op for a routine tendon repair op as that was what I was told. By that point major damage had already occurred. Since moved areas and now have a gp more willing to listen after being passed round from one person to another. So hopefully things can now be sorted out "

I hope so. Keep trying and don't be afraid to pester the medical professionals

» Add a new message to this topic