FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > petrol strimmer advice

petrol strimmer advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Anybody serviced one themselves. Mine is refusing to start. If I put a small amount of fuel in the chamber replace the spark plug it runs then stops. I'm guessing the carburettor jet is blocked or something similar.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

clean the air filter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anybody serviced one themselves. Mine is refusing to start. If I put a small amount of fuel in the chamber replace the spark plug it runs then stops. I'm guessing the carburettor jet is blocked or something similar. "

I think best advice would be to buy and fit a carb gasket set. air filter and spark plug that should do it

bristol

[Removed by poster at 15/07/15 11:46:55]

bristol

carb cleaner

Can you not just use a razor?!

"carb cleaner"

If you leave fuel in for over a long period it clogs up the carb, had exactly the same problem. Does take a while after long periods of use, usually a matter of tweaking the choke, if it's starting then cutting out its a good sign.

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

If its not been used for a while the petrol has probably gone stale and the catb is gummed up. A clean out will get it going.

"Anybody serviced one themselves. Mine is refusing to start. If I put a small amount of fuel in the chamber replace the spark plug it runs then stops. I'm guessing the carburettor jet is blocked or something similar. "

The fuel pipe from tank to the engine, it happened with me starting stopping the pipe had a small incision.

check your fuel tank, if there's a peanut floating in it, you've been peanuted by the phantom peanut nut. Did it to me only last week

"Anybody serviced one themselves. Mine is refusing to start. If I put a small amount of fuel in the chamber replace the spark plug it runs then stops. I'm guessing the carburettor jet is blocked or something similar.

The fuel pipe from tank to the engine, it happened with me starting stopping the pipe had a small incision.

"

This has happened to mine twice.

I use a scythe, has never failed me and you can hear the birds sing as you work.

If it's not been run for a while two things happen one the fuel can lose it's octane "go stale" and two you can get a blocked carb jet as the fuel when it evaporates leaves behind a residue.

Take out your plug carefully clean it with a wire brush put it back in carefully don't cross thread it.

Replace your fuel if it's old and try it again.

Remember to prime the thing by pull starting it while it's off to force some good fuel round.You may have to keep pulling the cord for a good few times.

If it's still not firing and it's not flooded use some easy start in the air filter and try again..

After that it's a carb strip clean and reassembly look on Youtube and someone whill show you how.

Hope that helps and best of luck

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Buy a scythe

» Add a new message to this topic