FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Taxing energy drinks.

Taxing energy drinks.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it a good idea you recon and will it help people to cut down on it?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *p4hornyfunCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Remember the pasty tax that was another bonkers idea that singled out a food group for no good reason.It's not a tax that's needed it's self control.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the governments are obsessed with taking our money, but saying that i do think all the shit stuff on sale should just be banned if it's not fit for consumption and the people are abusing ther freedoms by eating too much shit.

"Remember the pasty tax that was another bonkers idea that singled out a food group for no good reason.It's not a tax that's needed it's self control."

Wasn't the pasty tax slightly different? They wanted to charge vat on "warmed" pasties but not on cold?

Seeing the reports on kids teeth being so rotten lately I can see a 'sugar tax' being brought in.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Energy drinks..

con more like..

Taxing unhealthy food is a so so idea. Think people would just pay over the odds anyway.

They need to leave coffee alone !!!!!

Perhaps if there were more NHS dentist.....

Well they've been taxing tobacco products extra for many years to help cover the costs of the detrimental health effects. Obesity is a major health cost to the country, smokers have to pay extra for that why shouldn't others who through their own choice add to the national health bill not pay a little more?

"Is it a good idea you recon and will it help people to cut down on it?."

If they were more open regarding how much sugar is in each drink, there would be no cutting down

people would instantly stop.

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

Petrol is massively taxed, although they call some of it Duty, but it doesn't stop people from driving cars.

We don't need drinks in plastic bottles.

A litter tax would be better, with a deposit on every can and bottle.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

[Removed by poster at 14/07/15 12:49:42]

derby

"I think the governments are obsessed with taking our money, but saying that i do think all the shit stuff on sale should just be banned if it's not fit for consumption and the people are abusing ther freedoms by eating too much shit.Well we Could make a list and start with mac donalds by the time you have taken all the s**t out there,s not much left to Eat junk food still plays a big part In the morsel dept.. and why because folks love it even with all its health concerns take all the soft fizzy drinks out full of sugar etc, Left with diet .. Arrrgggg.. It always Involves jobs on the high street or where ever, but apart from that I agree with you. "

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I like energy drinks and would still get them.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Will they tax coffee? That's my"energy drink"...

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Will they tax coffee? That's my"energy drink"..."

You and me both!! much better than those sugsr filled energy drinks anyway x

"Remember the pasty tax that was another bonkers idea that singled out a food group for no good reason.It's not a tax that's needed it's self control."

(The pasty tax wasn't really just about pasties...that was just the shorthand the media used because people couldn't be arsed to listen to the details of VAT on warmed foods.)

I don't think there's much sense in putting an arbitrary tax on energy drinks. People just need to learn not to be fucking idiots. Like there was a thing in the press the other day about levels of tooth decay in small children due to fizzy drinks, and all the strategies that were needed to tackle that. Who is so much of a moron that in 2015 they still don't know that sugar = bad for your teeth (especially children's teeth), and why on earth are they breeding?

"Is it a good idea you recon and will it help people to cut down on it?."

No.

They are addictive.

People will buy them regardless of tax.

Same as fabs.

(I don't smoke)

£10 for a pack of fags isn't going to stop someone smoking.

The £0.20p on a £1.10 can of redbull isn't going to stop someone buying it.

I was never addicted to redbull. But I used to get crates of that stuff for free from Redbull.

It's full of sugar and shit.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Perhaps if there were more NHS dentist....."

report on the beeb the other day said 26,000 children required surgery in 2013-2014 for tooth decay..

derby

"Perhaps if there were more NHS dentist.....

report on the beeb the other day said 26,000 children required surgery in 2013-2014 for tooth decay..

"

And their the ones they know About, what about the one,s they don,t Know about..

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

"Remember the pasty tax that was another bonkers idea that singled out a food group for no good reason.It's not a tax that's needed it's self control.

(The pasty tax wasn't really just about pasties...that was just the shorthand the media used because people couldn't be arsed to listen to the details of VAT on warmed foods.)

I don't think there's much sense in putting an arbitrary tax on energy drinks. People just need to learn not to be fucking idiots. Like there was a thing in the press the other day about levels of tooth decay in small children due to fizzy drinks, and all the strategies that were needed to tackle that. Who is so much of a moron that in 2015 they still don't know that sugar = bad for your teeth (especially children's teeth), and why on earth are they breeding? "

I think they a breeding because we spend more school time teaching kids how to be nice to others rather than educational things .

Jo x

» Add a new message to this topic