FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Travel insurance question

Travel insurance question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have a holiday to Marbella (Malaga) booked in 2 weeks and just seen some news about possible terror attacks.

Would travel insurance cover this so I can just cancel the holiday and get my money back? Not overly keen on going anyway and would love my money back.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Short answer nope.

"Have a holiday to Marbella (Malaga) booked in 2 weeks and just seen some news about possible terror attacks.

Would travel insurance cover this so I can just cancel the holiday and get my money back? Not overly keen on going anyway and would love my money back. "

Check the policy terms. Unlikely though unless the Foreign Office declares it an unsafe destination.

"Have a holiday to Marbella (Malaga) booked in 2 weeks and just seen some news about possible terror attacks.

Would travel insurance cover this so I can just cancel the holiday and get my money back? Not overly keen on going anyway and would love my money back. "

No. Unless there was a specific threat with travel advice issued by the Foreign Office.

A few inflated lines in the Daily Mail don't count I'm afraid!

It's an interesting point which you should check out with the insurers.

I think until such time as the threat is serious they will not do anything

There is usually an exclusion clause that covers 'acts of terrorism ' as well as 'industrial disputes.

Personally I really think travel insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I got £350 worth of hotel and food receipts for when My flight got cancelled at easter because of French air traffic control strikes.

I can't see the travel insurance paying out for anything no matter how horrible the situation becomes.

I go to the Costa Dorada a lot and that is terrorist central in Spain

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The only correct and reliable answer you will get will be from your travel insurers themselves. Policies do differ.

No you'll not be covered.

You could call your tour operator and ask much it would be to transfer to another destination.

» Add a new message to this topic