FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Childhood Accidents

Childhood Accidents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My son came off his skateboard last week fractured wrist and cuts and bruises.

What accidents happened to you when you started to explore the great outdoors.

I can remember breaking my jaw and knocking a tooth out when our tree house we built decided it didn't want to live in a tree anymore. aged about 12

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

I don't think you want to know my list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Out riding my bike with a group of friends and i ended up cycling into the side of a car and landed on the bonnet.. only had a few broken ribs

"Out riding my bike with a group of friends and i ended up cycling into the side of a car and landed on the bonnet.. only had a few broken ribs

"

Ouch

"I don't think you want to know my list "
oh go on

Fell off my trike when trying to use the seat to stand on it and split my head open!

Knocked a tooth out when i fell off my brothers skateboard

Went over the handle bars of my bike and cut all the way down my chest and bashed my face

Basically me and anything with wheels are dangerous

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

* Almost put my eye out - that required stitches - lucky not to lose sight in one eye

* broke my wrist

* bar stool in the face broke my nose

* lots of other stuff

Broke my ankle the first time I went ice skating when I was about 13. Shamed

Ran into a concrete post.

Bashed heads with someone at school, woke up on the ground with my knickers showing. Oh the shame

I broke/ shattered my wrist bmx'ing.

We'd been messing with the handlebars and my friend didn't tighten the allan bolts back up. First berm I came to, big air and the handlebars come off

Ouchy !

Hereabouts

"I don't think you want to know my list

oh go on "

I'll start with the scars.. I cut my ankles up on the kick stand on my scooter. I was swimming, kicked away from the ladder and my foot slipped underneath it and got caught on the metal and I sliced the back of my heel off. I was walking along a wall and fell off and got a nice big cut up my leg. I was running on wet gravel at the pool, slipped and skidded on my knees. I've fallen out of multiple trees. I fell down the stairs and cut my face on the battery charger. I stood on glass and ended up hopping down the road to get my dad to pull it out. I took a baking tray out of the oven and dropped it on my arm. I hit the front brakes on my bike too hard and flew over the handlebars. I think the school playground was magnetic because I always fell over and cut my knees.

Sprains.. Multiple times on both wrists and both ankles. I walked up a hill in those Heely shoe things and slipped and twisted my knee and ended up on crutches for about 8 weeks. (No that's not why I'm on crutches now )

I went ice skating and broke my wrist.

I was playing golf and I hit the floor instead of the ball and damaged my wrist and ended up in a splint.

There's probably more.. But I can't remember.

I once tripped and fell on top of the Scout-master when we were foraging in the woods...... we were late getting back to camp that night,,,.....

Hereabouts

Oh and I slipped in the shower and landed on the glass door and it shattered..

You could probably get a good sponsorship off Bubble wrap

Hereabouts

"You could probably get a good sponsorship off Bubble wrap "

I'd probably suffocate

"I once tripped and fell on top of the Scout-master when we were foraging in the woods...... we were late getting back to camp that night,,,..... "
Yeah Yeah, Soxy I said accidents

"You could probably get a good sponsorship off Bubble wrap

I'd probably suffocate "

"I don't think you want to know my list "

I was thinking the same.. I was in an out of a&e so much at one point my mum had a visit from social services.. while they were talking to my parents I managed to injure myself while actually at the hospital while waiting.. it was a case of case proved.. lol x

I was thinking the same.. I was in an out of a&e so much at one point my mum had a visit from social services.. while they were talking to my parents I managed to injure myself while actually at the hospital while waiting.. it was a case of case proved.. lol x"

do hospitals still use that iodine red stuff, that fooking hurt more than the accident

I wasn't too bad

I sprained my ankle when I was about five running across the school field, and I cut my head open on the corner of one of those TV cabinets with the wheels on. And I cut my foot open on a piece of glass when I was around three or four. One of my earliest memories is of my mum wrapping my foot in kitchen roll and carrying me down the street to the doctor surgery.

When I was about six I was out on my bike and rode into a massive log. I flew over the handle bars and onto my face. Skidded along on my face for a a half decent distance. Damaged teeth, gums, broken nose and half my face was all cut up. Also had sprained wrist and a fear of my bike for a while.

MY god, if my hair ever fell out, my head would look like a patchwork quilt. Ive had so many stitches in it!

I fell off a wall when I was about 6 and shattered my cheekbone on the bumper of my dads car.

Got knocked down when I was about 8.

Got a fractured skull from falling off the back of a friends bike and hitting my head on the kerb when I was about 11.

Broke my ankle about 4 times.

Almost drowned at a spanish waterpark, when I fell off a rubber tyre and split my head open from ear to ear and had to spend ages in hospital.

Fell out of dozens of trees and had to have my head put back together.

Its no wonder I am a "helicopter mum" If I could i would lock my kids in a padded room.

XX

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Tried to do a wheelie whilst sat on the rear seat of a tandem , trapped my ball bag between my leg and the seat , it hurt like foooked

Right wrist busted on a bmx, right kneecap in half racing MX, Nan ruined one of my little fingers in a door frame for me

Lost count of the number of times I was at A&E getting stitches

Used to be a keen horse rider.

Had a freak accident one day, and fell to the ground. Had a hairline fracture in my c3 and c4 vertebrae.

So amazingly lucky I wasn't paralysed.

I managed to fall off my bike when I was about 10 and one end of my bike handlebar went into my side. I put my arm up to show my friend what I'd done and he ran screaming to get my Mum. Quick drive to hospital, had a few stitches and now a scar to remind me.

"My son came off his skateboard last week fractured wrist and cuts and bruises.

What accidents happened to you when you started to explore the great outdoors.

I can remember breaking my jaw and knocking a tooth out when our tree house we built decided it didn't want to live in a tree anymore. aged about 12 "

I walked into a lamp post!

I got thro childhood quite unscathed but I was always then one mopping up other friends blood

Was not an accident but my pal did shoot me....... But revenge is sweet..... Shot him a few months later

I broke my nose when I flew face first off my space hopper aged 6

I knocked my front teeth out playing tug o war with my friend. That's the only thing with any significant damage.

When I was about 8 I fell from about 7 or 8 feet high, but there was no wounds just two chipped teeth

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

I should have had way more accidents than I already have

always up a tree or between houses at the apex in the alleyway or on shed midins

cut ear wide open and nearly lost the lobe from a lamp post on a big bumpy slide never went for stitches either

cut head open as hit it on a damn open cupboard door

grinding plastic drain pipe cut through finger close to bone no stitches in it

fell on a broken glass after being pulled off a drain pipe sideways another cm over and I would have cut the main artery

hit bollocks often on pedal bike as rode into back of car a few times, also pulled front brake hard and went over handle bars

bicycle chain dropped into cog and frame and I had to slide the bike sideways as on a corner on a hill got a loverly gash all down leg to ankle for that one

Also when I was 8 a little seasaw accident caused my chin to split open,, I needed 7 stitches for that, I grow a goatee to hide the scar now

I got a fly fishing hook caught in the back of my leg when I was about 8

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Falling out of a tree and landing on a branch with my delicates. I just went home and went to bed.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

See, I was extremely fucking lucky as a child. Despite all of my antics, tree climbing and jumping from high places, I never really had any accidents (nothing more than cuts and bruises anyway).

The only thing that put me out of action for a long time was when another kid kicked me in my lower back.

Couldn't move for about 2 weeks.

- Amy. x

I've had so many accidents a&e is like my second home. When I was 3 I fell off a chair and broke my wrist cue a long list of accidents from going through a car windscreen when I was 7 to falling down the escalator in town when I was 9 and breaking both my legs. Then I started riding bmx which has resulted in shattered ankles, broken ribs, broken legs and dislocated shoulders

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

went over handlebars of bike avoiding an old man and went in to a load of pigs!!! cut my leg

old van my parents had was dangerous and rusty I fell when I was about five and cut by my eye on a rusty wheel arch ,.... missed my eye luckily

I took a saw from my dad's shed when I was about ten and climbed our great big yew tree which was over the river.

I remember cutting this big branch and how easy the saw bit through the green wood.

Alas I realised too late that it wasn't wise to cut the branch as I was sat on the other end of it.

Me and the saw and the branch bumped and crashed our way through the lower branches into the river.

I was bruised but Ok and I put the saw back and never mentioned it.

oh go on

I'll start with the scars.. I cut my ankles up on the kick stand on my scooter. I was swimming, kicked away from the ladder and my foot slipped underneath it and got caught on the metal and I sliced the back of my heel off. I was walking along a wall and fell off and got a nice big cut up my leg. I was running on wet gravel at the pool, slipped and skidded on my knees. I've fallen out of multiple trees. I fell down the stairs and cut my face on the battery charger. I stood on glass and ended up hopping down the road to get my dad to pull it out. I took a baking tray out of the oven and dropped it on my arm. I hit the front brakes on my bike too hard and flew over the handlebars. I think the school playground was magnetic because I always fell over and cut my knees.

Sprains.. Multiple times on both wrists and both ankles. I walked up a hill in those Heely shoe things and slipped and twisted my knee and ended up on crutches for about 8 weeks. (No that's not why I'm on crutches now )

I went ice skating and broke my wrist.

I was playing golf and I hit the floor instead of the ball and damaged my wrist and ended up in a splint.

There's probably more.. But I can't remember. "

Yeahhh.....but it was a hell of night

At 4 , I impaled myself on to a poorly designed storage unit, 3 inches to the right I would of been a eunuch.

At 13, after realizing I was rubbish at footy, so I took up basketball. In those 20+ years of playing basketball, I've sprained both ankles more then 40 times each.

Also while playing basketball a few years ago, I partially tore my ACL in my knee.

While playing football last year, I completely tore that ACL. It's still fucked, waiting on an operation.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I was learning to skateboard, one knee on skateboard and one foot on the floor pushing along. Big pebble got under the front wheel and promptly sent me flat on my face, I was 8 I think. Smashed my face up good and proper, broken nose split lips messed up teeth and scratches all over, I vividly remember the look on my mum's face when she saw me!

Ran into a wall at school!smashed forehead open,fell on coconut mat and had imprint on nose for weeks! Jumped off step fell on flowerpot cut open chin,fell of bike caught hand in wheel,took skin off back n arm,split head open,nothing major

Mine was horse related. Horses over the back fence, I was feeding one polos and it decided it preferred a bite of my tummy instead.

Teethmarks and germolene..

Oh and I broke a finger playing netball aged 9. That really hurt!

Very young - maybe 3 or 4 yrs old and went over handlebars of bike on road where we lived. It was a new estate and hadn't been tarmacadamed so landed on big hard core stones. Vividly remember sat on draining board with blood pouring down my face and still have scar on my forehead

Following year hit in face by a swing and had a cracked jaw ....lost eight teeth too

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Thought it would be a good idea to try jumping over a rocking horse on its side, this went well till I caught my foot on the runner and hit the edge of a flagstone step face first. I broke my nose and had a severe cut on it, the blood was spurting out like a fountain.

» Add a new message to this topic