Own up who goes ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or is all hush hush

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No, but many have lost weight and promoted them on here.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't but I do go to Slimming World. It's not glamorous but it works for me.

Good luck with WW

It should be banned i am a chubby chaser

I joined SW but its good that people are health conscious and pro actively doing something about it..

i have done WW in the past though

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I don't but I do go to Slimming World. It's not glamorous but it works for me.

Good luck with WW "

I lost 3 stone with SW - I think they are both very similar now though. Good luck xx

Forum Mod

Some of the women at work swear by slimming world,and I can see results by looking at them

The one who is on weight watchers is hungry all the time and eats hardly anything compared to the slimming world people who don't seem to stop eating

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I prefer slimming world to weight watchers

"Some of the women at work swear by slimming world,and I can see results by looking at them

The one who is on weight watchers is hungry all the time and eats hardly anything compared to the slimming world people who don't seem to stop eating"

I've not done SW but I have done WW in the past & I was never hungry & could eat loads. And I lost loads

"Some of the women at work swear by slimming world,and I can see results by looking at them

The one who is on weight watchers is hungry all the time and eats hardly anything compared to the slimming world people who don't seem to stop eating

I've not done SW but I have done WW in the past & I was never hungry & could eat loads. And I lost loads "

I know lots of people who hated SW but loved WW, I think it's just finding what suits you

By *AJANCouple  over a year ago

Lisbon

I don't go any weightless group but recently got diet chef and will try my luck. But has een hard everyone ios stuffing their faces at home and im on a diet. Specially Mr C that can eat anything and doesn't gain weight

Forum Mod

I've not done SW but I have done WW in the past & I was never hungry & could eat loads. And I lost loads "

I've not been to either,not because I don't think I need to but because I don't want to pay

I've not done SW but I have done WW in the past & I was never hungry & could eat loads. And I lost loads

I've not been to either,not because I don't think I need to but because I don't want to pay "

I think the tight side of me makes it work. If I'm paying a fiver, I'm bloody well going to lose some weight!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I've never done either but have had results with MyFitnessPal. I like tracking stats and getting an understanding of how to sort myself out. Plus I am a right tight-fist who doesn't like the idea of shelling out to sit in a church hall and I'm quite shy so probably wouldn't talk to anyone anyway.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I do Slimming World... It works for me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Read the scientific studies of weight loss success from this and other approaches. It doesn't make good reading apart from their bottom line and repeat business. Individual results vary.

Its all profit driven americanised claptrap but if yer paying money you want results and thats the biggest spur.

As long as people are healthy and happy with who they are.

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

dust anyone?

no?

anyone, dust?

no?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i have done every one you can think of except for food replacement ones like slimming world or food delivery ones like dietchef etc but found i was paying £5 a week to go up and down the same couple of lbs

the only thing that really wrked for me was cutting out all obvious carbs such as sugar, biscuits, cakes, pasta, bread etc but fell off that wagon with a bang

Yes. Lost weight and maintained weight with weightwatchers.. it only doesn't work when I stop doing it x

Thats my issue they all work until we stop working at it

We've both done various things in the past such as weight watchers and Cambridge. Initially they all worked but found them hard to sustain and it obliterates your metabolism.

Over the last year or so we both now compete to a high level in sports and started all this macro counting calorie nonsense and honestly it has transformed us. We started off with low carb (5% a day) and high fat macro ratio but our sports required much more energy so now a 40/30/30 split with fats/protein/carbs and we eat six meals a day and train most days, twice a day. The increase in carbs has made meals more tasty and less rich too. Carbs are good for you! Just the good variety and not the sugars.

Mr Z eats 2500 calories a day and Mrs Z eats 1700 calories a day. Much more energy and slower weight loss but it's staying off. We also stay away from processed foods and treat supplements as just that - supplements and not meal replacement.

6 meals a day is not appropriate for non athletes but you can still do 3 healthy meals with healthy snacks in between to keep that metabolism burning.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

I follow sw ..... it's not a diet, it's a change for life and me and my partner are doing ok and loosing the lb's

"Read the scientific studies of weight loss success from this and other approaches. It doesn't make good reading apart from their bottom line and repeat business. Individual results vary."

This for me is evidence that more emphasis needs to be placed on the mental health aspects of weight gain. SW, WW and the like all equip people with the ability to make healthy choices about what they're eating. If they then don't make those choices and gain weight you have to wonder what's motivating that.

For me it's issues with binge eating and control. Because it's that way round I'm greedy/lazy/whatever; if it was the reverse it would be classed as an eating disorder.

"Read the scientific studies of weight loss success from this and other approaches. It doesn't make good reading apart from their bottom line and repeat business. Individual results vary.

This for me is evidence that more emphasis needs to be placed on the mental health aspects of weight gain. SW, WW and the like all equip people with the ability to make healthy choices about what they're eating. If they then don't make those choices and gain weight you have to wonder what's motivating that.

For me it's issues with binge eating and control. Because it's that way round I'm greedy/lazy/whatever; if it was the reverse it would be classed as an eating disorder. "

Agree to an extent about exploring the mental health aspect but this can also be easily confused depending on your tastebuds. If you're used to a high fat or processed food diet then leafy greens initially taste awful but your tongue adapts just like a muscle such as a tricep, which aches after doing press ups after a long while.

If you are low in mood and you eat a lot of takeaways then surely a period of low mood will want you to eat something similar? But, if low in mood and used to sushi, then that is what you desire?

"Read the scientific studies of weight loss success from this and other approaches. It doesn't make good reading apart from their bottom line and repeat business. Individual results vary.

For me it's issues with binge eating and control. Because it's that way round I'm greedy/lazy/whatever; if it was the reverse it would be classed as an eating disorder.

Agree to an extent about exploring the mental health aspect but this can also be easily confused depending on your tastebuds. If you're used to a high fat or processed food diet then leafy greens initially taste awful but your tongue adapts just like a muscle such as a tricep, which aches after doing press ups after a long while.

If you are low in mood and you eat a lot of takeaways then surely a period of low mood will want you to eat something similar? But, if low in mood and used to sushi, then that is what you desire?"

It's more about self-sabotage/control with me rather than actually wanting the food. Or eating your way to a certain weight because that's all you feel you deserve to be. When I was at my worst was when I was at university and I'd sneak out in the middle of the night to the all night garage or the takeaway and eat so much it would make me sick. Like an alcoholic or something. So far removed from normal behaviour you can't just put it down to teaching your tastebuds to want something else.

If you are low in mood and you eat a lot of takeaways then surely a period of low mood will want you to eat something similar? But, if low in mood and used to sushi, then that is what you desire?

It's more about self-sabotage/control with me rather than actually wanting the food. Or eating your way to a certain weight because that's all you feel you deserve to be. When I was at my worst was when I was at university and I'd sneak out in the middle of the night to the all night garage or the takeaway and eat so much it would make me sick. Like an alcoholic or something. So far removed from normal behaviour you can't just put it down to teaching your tastebuds to want something else. "

Okay I see your point as we both at times of low mood have asked for the ice cream tub or box of Pringles to be brought out!

However I still feel that tastebuds would influence some food choices triggered by mental health but not always and I'd hate to put a percentage on it. Wanting the feeling of being full would naturally need high calorie food.

It's more about self-sabotage/control with me rather than actually wanting the food. Or eating your way to a certain weight because that's all you feel you deserve to be. When I was at my worst was when I was at university and I'd sneak out in the middle of the night to the all night garage or the takeaway and eat so much it would make me sick. Like an alcoholic or something. So far removed from normal behaviour you can't just put it down to teaching your tastebuds to want something else.

Okay I see your point as we both at times of low mood have asked for the ice cream tub or box of Pringles to be brought out!

However I still feel that tastebuds would influence some food choices triggered by mental health but not always and I'd hate to put a percentage on it. Wanting the feeling of being full would naturally need high calorie food."

I see what you're getting at, but for some it's more like a self harm type situation. If spinach made you fat (and therefore unworthy, physical manifestation of what my brain was telling me I was, etc.) then I'd have binged on spinach. The actual food was irrelevant.

Anyway a little off topic, but I suppose my point was a structured plan helps me keep those demons under control a little because I can't rely on myself to do the right thing for my body without some kind of plan element to it to focus on.

I've done ww in the past but found it too restrictive. I much prefer sw, you can eat so much more and still lose loads of weight. I wouldn't even really call it a diet,it's just sensible eating really x

However I still feel that tastebuds would influence some food choices triggered by mental health but not always and I'd hate to put a percentage on it. Wanting the feeling of being full would naturally need high calorie food.

I see what you're getting at, but for some it's more like a self harm type situation. If spinach made you fat (and therefore unworthy, physical manifestation of what my brain was telling me I was, etc.) then I'd have binged on spinach. The actual food was irrelevant.

Anyway a little off topic, but I suppose my point was a structured plan helps me keep those demons under control a little because I can't rely on myself to do the right thing for my body without some kind of plan element to it to focus on. "

I also see your point about having a 'plan'. Quite often (and not related to mental health), people binge eat because they don't have an eating plan and miss a meal and then binge eat.

I've had colleagues in the past who wake up at 4.30am to get to work for 7am (don't eat, only have coffee) and then go to a cafe for 10am for breakfast and reluctantly opt for a fry up as they are now starving.

It's also the case when you exercise hard and have not fueled yourself before hand, you then put yourself at risk of outdoing your hard work by eating an unhealthy high calorie meal.

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

"Read the scientific studies of weight loss success from this and other approaches. It doesn't make good reading apart from their bottom line and repeat business. Individual results vary."

Every person I know who has done any pay for diet scheme has never kept it off long term and end up yoyo dieting.

Changing habits and loosing weight slowly is the only way to keep it off (says the fatty )

I know I'm a yo yo dieter. I can lose weight fairly easily but I can put it on a hell of a lot easier. I don't think joining weightwatchers or slimming world would help someone like me, as when I'm determined to lose weight I do. When I'm not, I don't. I'm the ultimate lazy person really that really loves food. I eat because I enjoy food. I get quite down when I'm eating more healthily because I really don't enjoy food that is good for me.

I have tried most of them currently going to the healthy living centre through the diabetic clinic and so far have lost 3 stone in 3 months feel a lot healthy for it. But also maybe the medication I am on too as I am now on the insulin blockers as the metaformin never worked for me. Eat the rainbow and plenty of exercise x

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for dieting to stop food addiction x

I have been to weight watchers in the past I'm on slimming world at the moment as I prefer the classed

"I have been to weight watchers in the past I'm on slimming world at the moment as I prefer the classed"

You always look stunning nympho x

By *AJANCouple  over a year ago

Lisbon

"Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for dieting to stop food addiction x"

Been thinking about it too.

» Add a new message to this topic