FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > "Gay men like little boys"

"Gay men like little boys"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Where on earth does this come from? Why do some people assume gay = paedophile?

Just been talking to a lady (80yrs old) about all sorts when she mentioned a gay sales guy we've been working with.

Subject turned to gay people and she said people dont accept gay men because they like little boys.

She backed it up by pointing to the catholic priests interfering with boys.

It's not the first time I've heard people try to connect paedophillia with gay men.

Please discuss and enlighten me because I really don't get the connection.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Ancient Greece, I believe, plus a soupçon of homophobia perhaps?

Mr ddc

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

just ignorance on a grand scale

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do straight men play with little boys

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Good, old fashioned prejudice I'm afraid.

Although you do find on gay forums that there is a kind of horror of the accusation and many, I think, OTT reactions to the subject.

It's odd

Prejudice or not fact

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"just ignorance on a grand scale "

Except you can educate ignorance, some people just prefer to stick to their _iews regardless of evidence, reality or any commonsense whatsoever sadly.

Its called ignorance of a generation and obviously these days is not an acceptable description of the gay community... remember this woman was born when homosexual behaviour was actually illegal and anyone found out to be gay were considered to be ill...

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

well they don't like little girls. simple step for simple minds.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"just ignorance on a grand scale

Except you can educate ignorance, some people just prefer to stick to their _iews regardless of evidence, reality or any commonsense whatsoever sadly.

"

indeed

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

The claim stems from a study: Erickson et al. (1988). Behavior patterns of child molesters. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 17, 77-86.

The paper does claim that 86% of molesters of boys identified themselves as gay or bisexual, but that does not correlate to the statement that 86% of Gay’s are child molesters.

It should be pointed out that paedophiles are attracted to children rather than children of a specific sex.

By *restatynCplCouple  over a year ago

Rhyl

"Do straight men play with little boys"

The clue is in the word STRAIGHT, professor.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sexual abuse is about power over others and is distinct from sexual orientation.

Minority groups have for centuries been subjected to hate, and others have perpetuated prejudice against them. Black men were often falsely accused of rape against white women, in times gone by.

There have been many attempts to link gay men with child abuse and they fail, as the evidence doesn't support it.

I think your 80 year old friend is somewhat a victim of her era, she's ignorant of facts and possibly bigoted.

Thankfully we're moving out of those times.

warrington

think you'll find he liked two little boys

Do straight men play with little girls?

"well they don't like little girls. simple step for simple minds. "

By using that simplistic logic, straight men don't fancy men or little boys so they must like women and little girls. So all men are secretly paedophiles?

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Saunters in, sets up a popcorn concession and deckchair emporium, as despite the OP just asking an honest question and one that is interesting and pertinent, I can't see this ending well.

It had been noted that in the protest march to get the homosexual age of consent reduced down to 16 from 18, there was a lack of boys aged 16 - 18, the majority of men being 35 - 60.

Forum Mod

Chronic ignorance

"

I think your 80 year old friend is somewhat a victim of her era, she's ignorant of facts and possibly bigoted.

Thankfully we're moving out of those times."

I accept that she is probably ignorant of things because of the era she grew up in but the gay sales guy I referred to is a good friend and he has told me he comes across this reduculous linking of paedos and gay men often. It's not just elderly people apparently.

warrington

"well they don't like little girls. simple step for simple minds.

By using that simplistic logic, straight men don't fancy men or little boys so they must like women and little girls. So all men are secretly paedophiles?

"

I meant the old lady. no need for a public apology just pm me

"well they don't like little girls. simple step for simple minds.

I meant the old lady. no need for a public apology just pm me "

Oh don't worry. I wasn't digging at you. I understood you were just doing as I asked and stating the logic path some people's minds take.

No apology needed either way

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

Thankfully we're moving out of those times.

I accept that she is probably ignorant of things because of the era she grew up in but the gay sales guy I referred to is a good friend and he has told me he comes across this reduculous linking of paedos and gay men often. It's not just elderly people apparently. "

Some old myths and legends take time to die out. You gay friend has probably been confronted by bigots, who care little for factual evidence.

There actually is an american public information video from the 1950s that perpetuates this myth.

Look up reefer madness too to get a feel for how misinformation was in these days...and there's videos promoting that retarded people shouldn't have kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u01_sWjRE

Very prejudist, paedofiles are attracted to young ages, so will molest boys and girls

That response is a backward thinking from the 1950's

Do gay men play with little boys....NOO

Paedophiles do.

"Do straight men play with little boys

Very prejudist, paedofiles are attracted to young ages, so will molest boys and girls

That response is a backward thinking from the 1950's

Do gay men play with little boys....NOO

Paedophiles do."

"It had been noted that in the protest march to get the homosexual age of consent reduced down to 16 from 18, there was a lack of boys aged 16 - 18, the majority of men being 35 - 60."

as it was an all night vigil outside the houses of parliament,i would imagine there would be more older than younger,few 16 yr olds were probably even allowed out then! although, having been there, i can tell you there were certainly a significant number!..as well as women and men of all ages...

"It had been noted that in the protest march to get the homosexual age of consent reduced down to 16 from 18, there was a lack of boys aged 16 - 18, the majority of men being 35 - 60.

as it was an all night vigil outside the houses of parliament,i would imagine there would be more older than younger,few 16 yr olds were probably even allowed out then! although, having been there, i can tell you there were certainly a significant number!..as well as women and men of all ages...

"

was it noted in a tabloid, I wonder?

"It had been noted that in the protest march to get the homosexual age of consent reduced down to 16 from 18, there was a lack of boys aged 16 - 18, the majority of men being 35 - 60."

Many 16-18 yr old may still be in narnia, the older generation that had lived through coming out already wanted to help those not ready yet?!

Ahhhhh awwwww bless ,,,,, Senility comes to us all.... sigh......

I suspect the old dear was simply unpacking the rambling thoughts of a mind nourished by food that doesn't require much chewing....

She doesn't know any better. This is an old myth that is still prevalent today. I have a gay co-worker who just going to marry his partner. This older co worker asked if I was going. I said yes free food and drinks. The idiot said to me I hope no kids are going. Wtf That was so stupid, I couldn't answer

» Add a new message to this topic