FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Studland Beach

Studland Beach

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

A request! If anyone has visited Studland Beach within the last few days, they will know that it rather unpleasant with lots of mixed sea and plastic and numerous bodies and body parts of jellyfish along the waterline as well as other debris including horse dung and other stuff over the rest. It is quite unpleasant to walk barefoot.

Now I know the National Trust has no control over what gets washed up and to repeatedly clean the beach mechanically would harm the natural fabric.

But never the less, the beach does need a good deep clean and the more people that complain directly to the N.T. to it`s SW division the better! It does seem that worst area is the naturist beach!

So, if you`re a Studland Beach user, please contact the NT SW division and tell of your disappointment!

Thanks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oeinCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Rather than getting lots of people to complain, why not get lots of people to help clear it up and organise a beach litter pick...

Just an idea

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

If you go to Studland, take a bin bag and do something useful.

You never know, you might meet someone.

"Rather than getting lots of people to complain, why not get lots of people to help clear it up and organise a beach litter pick...

Just an idea "

You`d be there for MONTHS picking this lot up! Seriously, this is not picking up a few cans and old shopping bags! Anyway, the NT give the naturists a rough deal as people who know the history will confirm! It`s about time they got off the arses and regain some of the respect they lost some years ago. They`re quick enough to fence areas off and the like!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you go to Studland, take a bin bag and do something useful.

You never know, you might meet someone. "

Shouldn't that be two bin bags? One may meet the OP.

Only joking Bumpkin

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I was at Studland last week. I noticed a lot of jellyfish bodies and sea but not any other rubbish. It wasn't any worse at the naturist beach. The jellyfish were also all along the tideline at the beach at Bournemouth.

Being a city dweller I just assumed sea and jellyfish were natural sea debris.

Why are there so many jellyfish on the beach?

"I was at Studland last week. I noticed a lot of jellyfish bodies and sea but not any other rubbish. It wasn't any worse at the naturist beach. The jellyfish were also all along the tideline at the beach at Bournemouth.

Being a city dweller I just assumed sea and jellyfish were natural sea debris.

Why are there so many jellyfish on the beach?"

If you look harder at that sea it`s full of shredded white "plastic". It`s probably wet wipes and similar which in the sun has gone hard. I found it quite painfull to walk barefoot along the beach such is the amount of small debris partly buried in the sand!

Haven`t got a clue about the jellyfish! No doubt it`s tidal differences!

Was there last week with partner,we always enjoy walking along waters edge,just had to be aware of the jelly fish,seems that its a problem in places along the south coast.Did anyone else notice something going on last Friday?

By *hillipeppersCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

Yes millions of flying bugs & I think 1 or 2 noticed us.

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

We were there this last week and we didn't notice any more detritus than usual. A pleasant day marred only by one bloke who kept staring at my wife and playing with himself. He soon got the idea and cleared off before it got nasty

A great beach. Go and enjoy! !

Hoping to go next week if the promised heat wave happens, but slightly put off by the description in the original post.

"Hoping to go next week if the promised heat wave happens, but slightly put off by the description in the original post. "

I dare say a good change of tide may wash the nasty bits away so don`t let my description prevent you from coming and enjoying this normally great beach. It`s just there`s a bit of a running battle between the old established locals who grew up with Squire Bankes as their landlord and are now having their lives dictated by the Natzi Trust! They are quick enough to screw as much money out of everyone but seem to spend it on everything except the things that bring the money to the area in the first place!

"Hoping to go next week if the promised heat wave happens, but slightly put off by the description in the original post. "

If this is your first visit, I`d be more than happy to give you some handy hints about the beach, depending on which part you intend to visit!

By *itSamCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

We went last week for the first time. Yes there are Jellyfish but this did not stop us walking along the edge of the water. Yes there is sea but to be honest.... it is a beach. Now if I was to find mattresses, abandoned cars and stuff then ok but to moan that there are sea creatures and sea plants at the sea confuses me.

We had a great time and met some nice people. We have even found a shorter walk to get to the nude section. I would not let it put you off. We are going again and to be honest it looks like we are going tomorrow. So over 6 hours travelling one weekend and then doing it again the following weekend must mean we are either friggin crazy or it was good.

And to all the people by the cafe having loads of BBQ's OMG how my mouth was watering, the smell was amazing. Grrrr... lol

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

We've decided on a whim to go today for the first time. If any fabbers are there come and say hello, although I suppose it may be hard to recognise us !

"Hoping to go next week if the promised heat wave happens, but slightly put off by the description in the original post.

I dare say a good change of tide may wash the nasty bits away so don`t let my description prevent you from coming and enjoying this normally great beach. It`s just there`s a bit of a running battle between the old established locals who grew up with Squire Bankes as their landlord and are now having their lives dictated by the Natzi Trust! They are quick enough to screw as much money out of everyone but seem to spend it on everything except the things that bring the money to the area in the first place! "

Please explain what the national trust are doing wrong?

By *etterryseeMan  over a year ago

near Swindon

Went to Studland last week, there is sea near the visitor centre and car park but the further north you go, probably half way to the nudist beach, it disappears. Once you get to the nudist beach there's no sea at all, it's just as I remember it.

As for jellyfish - yes there were some washed up along the beach - as per previous comments what are the NT meant to do about this?

» Add a new message to this topic