FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > London marathon

London marathon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone going to it tomorrow and will you run or walk it? I will have the front seat of the tv and watch it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

Ran 20 miles once .. Never again , and I won't be watching it Il be working

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

love watching the London Marathon, used to go and watch my dad and his uncle run it when we were kids and if we werent in London watching it live we always watched it on the tv!

i enjoy both the elite athletes and the 'fun runners'!

who knows, maybe one year.....haha

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Will be out on a long training bike ride but wish all marathoners best of luck for every inch of the way

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Will be out on a long training bike ride but wish all marathoners best of luck for every inch of the way "

enjoy your ride

good luck to everyone runnin

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

England won it, well done Holland

Shame the TV coverage spent an hour focussing pretty much exclusively on Paula Radcliffe rather than the normal coverage.

I saw someone that I beat in a half in February finishing in 4 1/4 hours, definitely need to up my game with regards to marathons!

Have done it 3 times, awesome atmosphere.

Was due to do it this year as prep for an Ironman in May but have had to work instead.

I did watch most of it on my laptop whilst I was here and agree that too much focus was on PR

Him

By *unknSoulCouple  over a year ago

Dumfriesish see

Tuned in to watch the marathon and got the Paula Ratcliffe road show with commentators drooling over their friend and Co presenter. Just waiting for the big cheque she will be getting for taking part to be presented.

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

The lady running just in front of Paula for a bit was well hot tho

Got huge respect for Paula Rattcliff as an athlete but BBC got this wrong! Total disrespect for other british athletes.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Tuned in to watch the marathon and got the Paula Ratcliffe road show with commentators drooling over their friend and Co presenter. Just waiting for the big cheque she will be getting for taking part to be presented."

Doubt you'll see that in public if it even happens. I think it's sad that there is such negativity around this. Paula is a great athlete who has inspired many runners to push themselves. I bet those who got to run alongside her today couldn't give a toss if she was paid to be there or not, the people I saw running alongside her looked ecstatic at sharing tarmac with a British legend.

The elite runners aleays over shadow the.first part of the programme, it's part of theor race season and I believe is a qualifying race for the world championships and the Olympics. It happens every year. Last year the focus was on a pace maker as it was a very famous Ethiopian runner whose Name i won't attempt to type as I'll get it wrong but no one moaned about that.

Is it because this year it was a brittish person or a woman I wonder. Let her have her day for fuck sake, she has achieved so much.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sad but funny the guy who ran it inside a giant testicle in memory of his friend.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"Got huge respect for Paula Rattcliff as an athlete but BBC got this wrong! Total disrespect for other british athletes. "

To be honest the british athletes are not very good(in a world context). Fastest male was 2hrs 13mins which is slower than british marathon runners were doing 30 years ago. The British women are just as poor.

» Add a new message to this topic