FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Look at us, look at us...

Look at us, look at us...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Isn't that really the purpose of the forums, to get people's attention in the hope that they look at your profile ?

Just seems that the repetitive nature of many topics indicates that real discussion has run its course.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

what real topic of conversation do you want to chat about ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Isn't that really the purpose of the forums, to get people's attention in the hope that they look at your profile ?

Just seems that the repetitive nature of many topics indicates that real discussion has run its course.

"

I have nothing...

"Isn't that really the purpose of the forums, to get people's attention in the hope that they look at your profile ?

"

Not really (for me at least). Up until earlier today my profile was hidden.

Me nether

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Exactly. Some people do come across as a bit desperate though. That can be a bit annoying, but yeah it's all about getting attention at the end of the day.

Neither even

Not for everyone. Some just like to pass time and comment depending on their moods ? Why did you post this thread ?

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

When I did in and out of the forums I like to give an opinion, but although I have only been doing this a short while have already noticed how some themes keep coming up. There is also a nasty, derogatory streak in some people which would put me off. Seems a certain few use the forums for public conversation and certain, perhaps genuine enquiries, are shot down. Interesting dynamic.

" Not for everyone. Some just like to pass time and comment depending on their moods ? Why did you post this thread ? "

A bit of Saturday afternoon irony.

I laugh in the face of attention I never ever post needy threads or point men towards my pics I'm quite the shy n retiring type

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

In real life the same topics are discussed again and again. If people want to be looked at and use the fora to do it, bloomin good on them I say.

Rotherham

I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?"

Ours are for display purposes only ...oh that's what you mean

"I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?"

Excellent point! Though in my case it just serves to demonstrate that I'm an ugly git who clearly was punching above his gross weight when I married my lovely better half.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm just a drive by replier.

Rotherham

"I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?

Excellent point! Though in my case it just serves to demonstrate that I'm an ugly git who clearly was punching above his gross weight when I married my lovely better half.

"

I can easily blank you out when looking at your pics anyway

Forum Mod

On a swinging site I would expect no less

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Is it?

Oops, that's me buggered.

I just thought they were for a bit of a giggle to pass the time between meets.

Mr ddc

"I laugh in the face of attention I never ever post needy threads or point men towards my pics I'm quite the shy n retiring type "

Aren't you supposed to be shaving one of your legs?

mine are up to scare everyone away

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"I'm just a drive by replier."

Me too, I think...Just have a gander then sometimes say something hopefully relatively coherent!...

Themes might get repetitive but someone who's new is not going to know that are they? They might be genuinely curious and don't know what has been written beforehand....

Everyone likes to be looked at and admired, be the centre of attention. Why not? You didn't join fab to have a profile with no words and no pics, what would be the point of that

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I start plenty of topics that I think are interesting. In the past hour, I have created one about a TV show and another one about political posters... But yet the first line on my profile says that I'm not meeting at the moment.

Rotherham

"I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?mine are up to scare everyone away "

You've failed miserably with me then

I'm mostly here for the arguing. When I want attention there are more effective means than the forums.

"I think anyone who has pics of themselves in various stages of undress with their bits on display is looking for a bit of attention, surely. Otherwise why would they have such pics?

I can easily blank you out when looking at your pics anyway "

Funny. I do the same thing!

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"I'm mostly here for the arguing. "

No you're not

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

not really tho sometimes it might be the case.

I have never said anything on here that would merit a meet(photos included) but I am just advertising myself until that certain person takes a shine to me and says Hi Dave would you like to get to know me a little better.

Dont think it is for attention.But it does seem to be the same crap being churned out every couple of days.

Rotherham

"I'm mostly here for the arguing. When I want attention there are more effective means than the forums. "

You must be trying to attract some attention on here though...woman with arse pic avatar! (and a perfect arse at that)

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

"Themes might get repetitive but someone who's new is not going to know that are they? They might be genuinely curious and don't know what has been written beforehand....

Everyone likes to be looked at and admired, be the centre of attention. Why not? You didn't join fab to have a profile with no words and no pics, what would be the point of that

"

I am not knocking repetitive threads, but lots of people do. It seems sometimes the same people ask the same things, but its true different people may see them and respond. Not sure I would agree everyone wants to be the centre of attention though.

"I laugh in the face of attention I never ever post needy threads or point men towards my pics I'm quite the shy n retiring type

Aren't you supposed to be shaving one of your legs? "

Oh balls got carried away seeking attention

"When I did in and out of the forums I like to give an opinion, but although I have only been doing this a short while have already noticed how some themes keep coming up. There is also a nasty, derogatory streak in some people which would put me off. Seems a certain few use the forums for public conversation and certain, perhaps genuine enquiries, are shot down. Interesting dynamic."

There are always those that can start an argument in an empty room.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 25/04/15 17:39:55]

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

sure this has been done before

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I would guess that only a tiny and therefore unquantifiable amount of the looks or attention I get is as a direct result of forum posting since only a miniscule proportion of people on Fab actively use the fora. I just happen to like hanging out in here. If I specifically wanted attention I would turn on my looking for filters so I begin appearing in searches and maybe add a coquettish status.

By *uyfromchiMan  over a year ago

CHICHESTER

no no no look at me me me me me me !!!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

everything anyone does on here is to ultimately increase their profile on here, is good marketing

"I'm mostly here for the arguing. When I want attention there are more effective means than the forums.

You must be trying to attract some attention on here though...woman with arse pic avatar! (and a perfect arse at that) "

Arse pic avatar isn't just for the forums. When I want attention I reach a wider audience by using photos, statuses or meet requests. Most people don't use the forums anyway so this is just craic

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I don't look at many profiles unless there is a creative looking avatar or I think 'are you for fucking real' when I read their posts...

so, it works

Rotherham

"I'm mostly here for the arguing. When I want attention there are more effective means than the forums.

You must be trying to attract some attention on here though...woman with arse pic avatar! (and a perfect arse at that)

Arse pic avatar isn't just for the forums. When I want attention I reach a wider audience by using photos, statuses or meet requests. Most people don't use the forums anyway so this is just craic "

And what a craic it is!

"I laugh in the face of attention I never ever post needy threads or point men towards my pics I'm quite the shy n retiring type

Aren't you supposed to be shaving one of your legs?

Oh balls got carried away seeking attention "

cheating biiatch you told me you were working!

I like the forums and while we don't post for attention it's undeniable that almost all regular forumites do get attention as a result of their posts.

I do think some people post purely for attention, it's usually obvious and not something that really interests me but they are in the minority.

"I like the forums and while we don't post for attention it's undeniable that almost all regular forumites do get attention as a result of their posts.

I do think some people post purely for attention, it's usually obvious and not something that really interests me but they are in the minority. "

All joking aside, I think that was my point.

On days when we don't use the forums our profile _iews can be in single digits, whereas on a day when we reply to posts and make the (very rare) OP we get profile _iewing numbers in the hundreds.

By *nzo sussexMan  over a year ago

Crawley

"

In real life the same topics are discussed again and again. If people want to be looked at and use the fora to do it, bloomin good on them I say."

Spot on.I like a chat and happily ask for the opinions of others. If course the same questions come up.....what about this flipping weather today?

in fairness Op,the first thing I did after reading your post was to check your profile to see who was posting. Most people enjoy a little bit of attention but ultimately it won't lead to much more than a few thread comments unless you personally make contact. It's good to talk though as you get an impression of a posters personality.

" in fairness Op,the first thing I did after reading your post was to check your profile to see who was posting. Most people enjoy a little bit of attention but ultimately it won't lead to much more than a few thread comments unless you personally make contact. It's good to talk though as you get an impression of a posters personality. "

That's very true. To be honest we don't meet through Fab anyhow, so whether we have 2 people or 200 look at us a day isn't going to change our experience.

Yes it is and as well to get loads of _iews, look at me, look at me

» Add a new message to this topic