FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Euro at 1.40 to the £ again

Euro at 1.40 to the £ again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Should we wait it out to end of May to see if it goes higher or cash in on payday next week for our holidays in june

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

sounds great .when we last went abroad we were getting about 80 to the pound around 6 years ago

"Should we wait it out to end of May to see if it goes higher or cash in on payday next week for our holidays in june"

Get it now

"Should we wait it out to end of May to see if it goes higher or cash in on payday next week for our holidays in june

Get it now "

Got to wait till payday next Thursday worried all the uncertainty of election will have a negative effect

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Too many variables, eg Greece/our own elections. I cashed in our Endowment last year since it was due to mature 1 week after the election and I didn't fancy the risk, but we'll hold off buying our Euros till later.

Just depends if you're feeling lucky

Mr ddc

Off to get euros again soon... Cos guess what.. We are "onholiday"

The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting.

More downside risk in the Eurozone compared to the UK right now, so I would expect Sterling to appreciate against the Euro over the course of this year. But if you want certainty buy now, it is a pretty good rate compared to where it was a couple of years ago.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Should we wait it out to end of May to see if it goes higher or cash in on payday next week for our holidays in june"

It will probably keep going up until a certain event 2 weeks tomorrow... The one thing markets hate is uncertainty... And for at least the next couple of weeks people will flee the pound

After we know who will be in charge... The money will come back

Wondering how the quantitive easing will effect euro in next two months

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting. "
. I changed holiday money last week and the rate was1.32. When was it 1.38 ?

"The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting. . I changed holiday money last week and the rate was1.32. When was it 1.38 ?"

I moved GBP into EUR today at 1.37

On Thursday I moved them at 1.36

And on 12th March I moved them at exactly 1.38

Unless you're cashing up a couple of grand the movement in rates between now and the summer is gonna be a few quid at most.

"Unless you're cashing up a couple of grand the movement in rates between now and the summer is gonna be a few quid at most."

Exactly...

Couldn't care less,holidays in uk for me

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Great going away in May should I cash in before election as £ will fall if labour win.

I'm going on holiday next week lol! Is it a good rate that ha? I haven't a clue I need to get some euros whether it is or not haha!

Use a card abroad that doesn't charge and you get as close to the rate as possible. Better than cash and safer.

"Use a card abroad that doesn't charge and you get as close to the rate as possible. Better than cash and safer. "

Ok sound

"Use a card abroad that doesn't charge and you get as close to the rate as possible. Better than cash and safer. "

Post Office Credit Card is a great one to have when spending abroad.

It loads the current exchange rate without any commission or penalties.

I use it whenever we are out of the country. Always take cash too though.

Happy Holidays

"Use a card abroad that doesn't charge and you get as close to the rate as possible. Better than cash and safer.

Post Office Credit Card is a great one to have when spending abroad.

It loads the current exchange rate without any commission or penalties.

I use it whenever we are out of the country. Always take cash too though.

Happy Holidays

"

Pre-paid cards as mentioned above are a great idea. As a company I issue Caxton Cards to our guys and can check the balance and top up instantly by text. NEVER buy from the airport unless you have to unless you pre-order on line and collect to get a better rate.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting. . I changed holiday money last week and the rate was1.32. When was it 1.38 ?"

I got some at 1.3821 on Sunday.

"The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting. . I changed holiday money last week and the rate was1.32. When was it 1.38 ?where was doing that rate

"

"The trend of the EUR over the last couple of weeks suggests it won't improve massively from 1.40. It's been as high as 1.41 lately but that lasted about a day before slipping to 1.38. Depending on how much you intend buying, it probably won't make a lot of sense waiting. . I changed holiday money last week and the rate was1.32. When was it 1.38 ?where was doing that rate

"

where was doing that rate

where was doing that rate"

Post Office is doing 1.37 today as are quite a few others. Look at moneysavingexpert - they'll tell you the best rates.

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic